Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shorty G thread

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    Is it true that they've changed his name to 'Shorty'?
    I didn't notice it until the end of the match when he was declared the winner, but it seems that way now.

Cole even commented that the ring announce called him shorty, and said that the announcer should,be fired.

Then in a backstage interview, Gable accepted it.

This is just another Vince finding this funny BS.
    Last edited by Powder; 10-07-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    His WWE profile makes the name change official. Even his freakin' Titantron video now says "Shorty Gable".

I'm all for talented people taking any opportunities to be featured more on TV. But I don't know if anyone could overcome this unscathed. Damn shame.

It’s going to totally destroy him and his credibility. I’m shocked they’ve gone ahead with it.

To Mizfan;

I personally recommend watching Gable's matches with Jack Gallagher on 205Live for the brief time he was there. Great outings.

Also, funk WWE for renaming him in this way. Just waiting for him to form a tag team called Ali G with (Mustafa) Ali.

Pretty sure that tag team would interfere with Ali's never ending barrage of inspirational Twitter promos that he thinks will get him noticed and instead do jack shit...on second thought yes. Let's roll with Ali G!

I will say at least Gable is on tv

And for an Ali G tag team

If nothing else it'll be hilarious and can eventually lead to them wrestling Tyler Breeze and that guy that was once over during Wrestlemania weekend before he flamed out quicker that Lou Bega. What was his name? Alex Wright Jr.?

That’s disrespectful to the Alex Wright

That's true! That wannabe could never fill the boots of the greatest wrestler to never hold a world title!

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    It’s going to totally destroy him and his credibility. I’m shocked they’ve gone ahead with it.
    It's one of the silliest things we've ever seen on WWE. But...

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    I will say at least Gable is on tv
    This is one of the benefits of it. There's definitely a better way to go about it, but there's a way for it to work. I don't have faith in WWE to make it work, but there is a chance. And the worst that can happen is they realize it sucks, and he moves to another brand as Chad Gable and it's a lateral move.

That's the one thing I've realized about stupid ideas like this, and that's it thankfully rarely ruins a career. I'm not saying it's never happened. But more often than not, when WWE sees something failing as monumentally as this likely will, they don't stay the course. They try to fix it.

And I'll always side with a booker who tries something, even if it's risky, than with those that just put guys out there without any direction. A wrestler with the character of "athletic athlete" is a dime a dozen. Gable obviously has much more potential and true credits to his name than most others, but I'll prefer them trying something than nothing.

But of all things to try... this? sigh...

I think they were better off having gable be King Corbin's servant. Similar to how HBK was "working" for JBL back in 2009.

I can't believe people have doubted Alex Wright in this thread. Your names are in the book, doubters.

And Cult, I've already detailed that Alex Wright's illegitimate son was born to an Irish mother and has a Germanic demon inside of him:

Alex Wright could never father a child as disappointing as Finn Balor.

That's very true, a man with a package as impressive as Mr Alex Wright can never father a let down.