Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    An emotional video of Triple H telling the NXT roster about Ciampa's injury and then Ciampa discussing the injury and his struggle to have a family. Well done video.

Wait, this isn't going to give us Family Man Tomasso Ciampa, is it?

No but something a little more like when KO first came in could still work as a heel. He's going to be sick, he's going to be gross, he's going to hurt people and he's not proud of what his daughter is going to see him do, but he's got a wife and kid at home and his neck is on borrowed time so he's going to do whatever it takes to get to the top, and to hell with anyone who has a problem with that.

Yeah I think he can easily go back to being the best heel on the roster. I think WWE/Triple H realized this guy had a special run this past year and a lot of people (fans and wrestlers alike) were legitimately bummed when they found out the injury news, especially coming a week after his RAW debut. I think these segments are just recognizing this, because he gained a lot of fans with his heel work.

Sounds like Ciampa's injuries mean he's going to stay on NXT rather than ever trying to work the 'main roster' schedule. Sensible, I suspect.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Yes. he stated that he want/likes the reduced schedule.

From the way it sounded, it was very much a "I can do this much for twice as long, or that much for half as long", and he wants to stick around longer rather than have a fleeting run on the main roster.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I saw something over the weekend that was saying he'd only just worked his first house show(s) since returning - and he came back in what, October?

Sounds good for both him and NXT if he's going to stay there - also suggests that NXT is now much more of a 'third brand' than it is a developmental thing where people will have their cup of coffee and then move on.

I wonder if this methodology will change schedule expectations from the main roster. I don't have a business degree or knowledge of how much income live events bring in for WWE, but something has to give for all these live shows. Either book smaller house shows with reduced talent at the same schedule of shows (but easier for talent), or book less shows and maybe larger venues to sell more tickets? It's one aspect of WWE that feels dated.

But, I stress, I don't know the actual numbers. But I like that there is a brand for reduced shows that seems to have an influence on the other main shows.

I know that over the Holiday run in NYC, then now have 2 house shows, 1 for RAW and 1 for SD, and both have a hard time selling out, 1 at MSG and 1 at Barclay's. There used to be just 1.

Almost selling out MSG and BArclays for a house show is damn impressive. But those are outliers and shouldn't be used to decide how to run the standard house show schedule.

Maybe I’m off on my number. Not ‘almost’ selling out. Not filling upper decks.