Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: NXT

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    Will the numbers hold, though? If people are tuning in for the next three weeks -- and we have no idea what next week will look like -- and they're putting out a good product, you have to figure some of them will stick around.
    I think the normal base for them is around that 700K or a little more, taken some hits from baseball but it was slowing.. the invasion was the best way to showcase that talent and draw people back in. Stay consistant and i see numbers staying simliar. its such where there has to be a floor.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    Yeah, after survivor series, there will be no reason for NXT and WWE to get involved in each other's business (kayfabe wise).
    I guess the answer to that (if WWE really wants to pull in a number of additional viewers to NXT) is to do something exciting with the NXT guys at Survivor Series.

Raw and Smackdown are pretty much set in terms of viewership, and very little will increase their numbers unless they drastically overhaul the style and approach of programming as they did in the mid-90s. But NXT is new and I assume falls under the radar for some of the people that will watch the main roster and pay per views. The little uptick this week shows the benefit of using the main roster shows to have a little NXT showcase (and also the benefit of not having baseball on, I guess), but doing something dramatic at Survivor Series that makes people go 'holy shit. I have to tune in to NXT' and then subsequently following that up with a hot week or two of TV to keep the eyes locked on could secure them a more permanent increase in viewership, I suppose.

It would be really beneficial for NXT if they went over at the very least the majority of their matches at the actual PPV. I don't really see Vince allowing that, however.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    It would be really beneficial for NXT if they went over at the very least the majority of their matches at the actual PPV. I don't really see Vince allowing that, however.
    I think you'll be surprised. NXT will win at least one important match. Whether it's a Survival match (a match with no consequences if Raw/SD lose), or the women's triple threat. The women's division is obviously NXT's most unique asset, so it makes sense to draw attention to it.

I am not so sure if Vince wants any NXT champion to win a match with RAW and Smackdown champions.

I can see the UE beating the OC and ??, but not Shayna pinning or Submitting Bayley, and definitely not Becky.

I think Shayna has the best chance to win in the so far announced triple threat matches. And Bayley would likely take the pin. I think Becky should take it, as the history with Ronda just makes sense. But Bayley likely the sacrifice.

Tag titles, you might be right. But that's a match that will likely end up on the preshow. I think the NXT wins will be a bigger deal than that. I think the Vikings take that one.

To be honest, if it's going to only be champ vs champ vs champ, I imagine they come out 1-1-1 in favour of each brand.

Raiders win the tags, Nakamura wins the US/IC/NA bout, and then Shayna wins the women's.

If they run a roster vs roster (or roster vs roster vs roster) elimination match, it'll then be like the decider of who gets brand supremacy.

Angel Garza is a star.

Also, nod to Powder, so's Keith Lee - that little promo was the best I've heard him speak in NXT. Often has come across as not having much fire in his belly and being a bit too calm, but that hit the right mark.

Were there not rumours, possibly long ago now, that Dijakovic was going to join Undisputed Era? For some reason that's in my head.
    Last edited by Oliver; 1 Day Ago at 05:39 AM.