Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: NXT

I get what you're saying about Adam Cole having "it", but I need to see more out of him to think he's worth strapping a rocket to. He's the least interesting in-ring worker of the Undisputed Era, and other than the BayBay and Boom, he's mostly catchphrases. I'm not saying he won't work out on Raw or SD. I just feel he needs more stay in the mix with the top guys, even with the "it" factor.

Whoa now; my disdain for Finn Balor and Adam Cole has nothing to do with them being in WWE. They were both overrated long before NXT was a glimmer in Triple H's eye.

I've seen a ton of Adam Cole over the years; I've seen him in NXT, I've seen him in ROH, I've seen him in New Japan and I've seen him in PWG. He was ALWAYS underwhelming. There's a five star match in PWG that involved him, the Bucks, Will Ospreay, Ricochet and Matt Sydal where those guys, whatever you may think of them, were at least doing stuff while Adam Cole contributed absolutely nothing beyond pointing to the ceiling and yelling "ADAM COLE BABAY" (I'll give him this; he does that really well). His match with Allister Black (who I think is great) at the Philly Takeover last year was self indulgent nonsense; they basically did a big move, writhed around on the ground for about five minutes, then rinsed and repeated the whole way. That's his thing; he does big moves with little in between, he has his catchphrase and he has his indie pedigree. He's Finn Balor with a little more charisma, a little more hair and a whole lot less face pain that he stole from WCW legend Ciclope.

This is really the powers of indie cred at work here. I've never seen anything from Adam Cole or Finn Balor (at least by themselves) to suggest to me that there's all that much different from them and some of the guys and girls who came up through the WWE system over the years. Except for one thing; those talents were developed by WWE while Balor and Cole came from the indies or New Japan. For a lot of fans that's all you need as they see a Balor or a Cole, know they come from the indies and New Japan and think "well they must be good; they came from there!" If you took that away and Finn Balor and Adam Cole were just two regular joes who WWE signed, developed themselves and then pushed they would've run into the same issues a guy like Roman Reigns did. And Roman Reigns (and I say this as a guy who has never loved him) is far better than both of them, at least in my opinion.

Also, that Gargano thing was clearly a joke! He's not my favorite ever and I do enjoy both Ciampa (who I loved on the indies) and Sombra (who is a luchador and I'll always back the luchadores) more than him, but he's turned into a far better personality than I ever expected him to be.

Quote Originally Posted by PEN15v2 View Post
    I get what you're saying about Adam Cole having "it", but I need to see more out of him to think he's worth strapping a rocket to. He's the least interesting in-ring worker of the Undisputed Era, and other than the BayBay and Boom, he's mostly catchphrases. I'm not saying he won't work out on Raw or SD. I just feel he needs more stay in the mix with the top guys, even with the "it" factor.
    Wouldn't that make it more likely for him to make it on Raw or Smackdown? He's athletic enough to hold up his end against anyone on the roster. He's never going to be that "human highlight reel", but he would be able to keep up with the current Universal Champion without any issue in-ring and would probably eat him alive on the mic.

He'd be a great foil for someone like Kofi.

However, in-ring, how would he match up with someone like Orton who likely isn't taking Destroyers and whom I'm not sure Cole could easily lift.

I think he's probably the best guy from UE to be a big WWE Superstar. He's good in the ring, but not so good that he's going to be expected to "get over with his work" (which rarely, if ever, works) and he's charismatic enough that his mic work will probably outshine a lot of other people.

I think that everyone in UE is better than him in the ring...but at some point there's only so "good" that really matters. But I think he's a better promo than any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    His match with Allister Black (who I think is great) at the Philly Takeover last year was self indulgent nonsense; they basically did a big move, writhed around on the ground for about five minutes, then rinsed and repeated the whole way.
    I despised his no-selly matches with Gargano and would so much prefer to see his big matches wrestled that way. Hit a big move and sell. At least then a close two means more than hitting a destroyer, going for a pin and having the guy kick out.

I want so much more selling and down time in wrestling.

I mean that's not exactly a high bar to clear there Coach. Bobby Fish (who I honestly forgot even still wrestled) and Kyle O'Reilly have always been "work rate" guys more than guys who could cut promos. Same with Roderick Strong; I think he's the best talent of all of them and did prove he could be a captivating personality as PWG's top heel champion a few years ago, but there's no question promos aren't his strong suit either. Cole definitely is better than them but that's like saying I'm going to defeat T.O. at the CMLL Aniversario this Friday; it's obvious and it's not that big of an accomplishment!

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    I despised his no-selly matches with Gargano and would so much prefer to see his big matches wrestled that way. Hit a big move and sell. At least then a close two means more than hitting a destroyer, going for a pin and having the guy kick out.

I want so much more selling and down time in wrestling.

I'm all for selling and there are definitely instances where it isn't done enough or is abandoned too quickly (I LOATHE when guys are selling a limb for part of the match and then stop. You either have to come up with a good reason why you're not doing that or just not sell to begin with). But it was overdone in that match. It was literally just big move, match stalls for five minutes, big move, match stalls for five minutes, big move on chair, match stalls for five minutes, finish. There's a happy medium where you can sell and have some downtime while not grinding the match to as screeching halt and that bout was a case where they went far too slow.
    Last edited by Cult Icon; 09-23-2019 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    Wouldn't that make it more likely for him to make it on Raw or Smackdown? He's athletic enough to hold up his end against anyone on the roster. He's never going to be that "human highlight reel", but he would be able to keep up with the current Universal Champion without any issue in-ring and would probably eat him alive on the mic.

He'd be a great foil for someone like Kofi.

However, in-ring, how would he match up with someone like Orton who likely isn't taking Destroyers and whom I'm not sure Cole could easily lift.
    Well, now you're getting into why I don't think Kofi should be WWE Champ either, but I won't deny WWE's done a better job with him as champ than I expected.

That said, how many times can they get away with these unimposing undersized guys as the top champ with so many monsters around them? It's not a complaint that "size matters", but he doesn't do anything to make up for his lack of size. Rey wrestles a quicker sudden style that can catch a hoss off guard. Bryan has an intensity and technical prowess that translates to being credible VS these guys. Adam Cole doesn't offer (or hasn't shown) an in ring style that makes up for that lack of size. I said in an NXT discussion recently how I want to see Cole vs Damian Priest, Keith Lee, Killian Dain, or Dominic Dijakovic, just to see how he works against a physical challenge. Velveteen Dream likely is also another one who can fit, but I don't think he wrestles a power game often enough.

Cole also has been a solid stable heel leader. But how will it work without UE behind him? Or as a babyface?

Basically, he's got one career path aspect nailed better than most. But he needs to show more variety to see him as the next "face of the company" type guy with "it factor"
    Last edited by PEN15v2; 09-23-2019 at 02:07 PM.

I really like O'Reilly, and would like to see him more in singles matches. Quite enjoy him stylistically.

As far as Balor goes, Iken, he certainly had some good matches in NJPW - although the argument I would make is that they were often against once in a lifetime talents like Okada, Tanahashi, and Ibushi. There's a Gedo match that was really, really good, far better than it should have been, that immediately comes to mind outside of that scope.

Honestly, Finn should be leading 205 Live.

I like Finn just fine. I like that he's been in WWE for about 5 years so far, and hasn't been heel at all. I expect that to be a nice change for him. I don't think he is on the level of the main event, but I prefer him in the ring over Kofi, for example. For a smaller guy, he makes his offense look strong and with impact. As a character, it's mostly generic babyface with the Demon thing, which is a nice change for a pop or special occasion.

I think resentment like I have for Cole, and Icon has for Balor, is more when we recognize they are above average in some ways, but get treated like they are amazing. I liken it to how I really don't like Metallica, despite owning a few of their records. I don't think they are as awesome as their fans tell me they are, but they are good. Yet, I make a "yuck face" whenever their name gets brought up. They don't suck, but how they get overrated makes me push back more than they deserve. If that makes sense.

So, I'm fine with Finn as he is. If he's WWE or Universal Champion, I might feel different, but midcard to upper midcard seems perfectly fitting to me.

That said, how many times can they get away with these unimposing undersized guys as the top champ with so many monsters around them?
    I would agree with this. At some point on a roster of Bobby Lashley, Braun Strowman, Drew McIntyre, Samoa Joe and even the AOP guys it does kind of stand out to have Rollins as Champion. His style and ability have made it work but I wonder how much of that is the fact that Drew and Lashley have been off TV?

Why does it matter if Drew and Lashley types aren't over? I mean, Braun was and has been and i'd argue that Drew got his legs cut from the booking but also, they've never made an impact to be the top guy. For all Seth's faults, he has been and was one of the most over guys on the roster as far as face champs... its sort of fizzled lately but I don't think that's cause he's beating monsters. its because he's not very charismatic.

Its just people's perception that they shouldn't be.

I guess the problem would be you might be alienating fans that want more realism but you're not putting the genie back in the bottle with the type of wrestlers they sign.
    Last edited by LK3185; 09-24-2019 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    Why does it matter if Drew and Lashley types aren't over? I mean, Braun was and has been and i'd argue that Drew got his legs cut from the booking but also, they've never made an impact to be the top guy. For all Seth's faults, he has been and was one of the most over guys on the roster as far as face champs... its sort of fizzled lately but I don't think that's cause he's beating monsters. its because he's not very charismatic.
    Ladies and gentlemen, we have our winner and his name is Lazyking! Come on down LK and claim your prize; a free listen to the greatest theme music in wrestling history!

If Seth Rollins wants to get over he needs to create a whole new Brood. That'll do the trick!

I'm not quite understanding, but Drew and Bobby aren't over (to the level that they should be) for a couple of reasons, including because guys like Seth beat them definitively. Drew beats Seth, whether its by cheating, dirty tactics, or clean, and the door is open for Seth to bounce back and overcome. But when Seth beats Drew on TV clean... there isn't as many options to move Drew upwards. Not impossible, of course, but while the aim is to make Seth Rollins a version of HBK circa 1996 (smaller babyface who wins based on ability), you're clowning the legit beasts. This isn't bad on it's own. The monster/hoss shouldn't always win. But now that Seth defeated Brock Lesnar twice (including extremely definitively at SummerSlam), there's very little story, hence why Brock is over on SD right now. But, look at the AJ vs Cedric story still going. AJ has been cleaning house with Cedric the last couple of weeks, after i believe a single tag team pinfall Cedric got over AJ. But the feud still goes because there's still a story for the babyface to overcome the odds.

Seth is the chosen one so hes going to take all the punishment but not lose to guys like Drew and Bobby Lashley because he’s above them in the pecking order. Look at how much it took Seth to put Braun down. That was done to protect Braun. Drew and Lashley haven’t gotten that same treatment and maybe thats the problem

There's only one person I think WWE has mishandled more than Drew McIntyre, and his name is EC3.

And I say that as someone who doesn't especially care for Drew.

EC3 hit legendary status in TNA as a heel. It pains me to see WWE waste his talent. Give the man a damn microphone and let his heel flag fly! EC3 vs Rockstar Spud may have been the single greatest feud in TNA history, and it was mostly because Ethan is awesome with a live mic.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    There's only one person I think WWE has mishandled more than Drew McIntyre, and his name is EC3.

Speaking of which...where has Drew been? Is he hurt? Filming a movie? What/Where?

Not sure on what injury, exactly, but he is definitely injured and had some surgery. Seem to recall reading he'd been sick with it and hardly able to get out of bed. Think he got injured on the Mexico tour.

Well that sucks, and I hope he gets better soon. But when he does return, he should finally be given the main event push he should have gotten last year. I would even say that he should be the front runner to win the Rumble this year.

You could even begin a slow face turn for him.
    Last edited by Powder; 09-25-2019 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post

I see your Drew and EC3 and I raise you Buddy Murphy. At least the other two have never really gotten a chance. Buddy Murphy had what many felt were three straight outstanding matches with Reigns, Bryan and (Mustafa) Ali and since then has been spending his nights losing to me at NCAA Football 07 and waiting for the AFL Championship game. It's like Luke Harper during that silly Bray Wyatt-Randy Orton feud from a few years ago all over again.

Well, you could also argue that Bo Dallas was wasted more than any of them. He was the first NXT champion and then relegated to being a jobber.

Or Zack Ryder. The man a few years ago created a huge following for himself, and was over as anyone with Z! The True Long Island Story, and then he was literally squashed by Cena and Kane.

And more recently Bray Wyatt. He and his family were the hottest thing in the WWE for a while then when he went on solo missions, he got buried by Cena, then Taker, then the shitty House of Horrors, then got lost with Matt Hardy. The suave cult leader transformed into the New face of fear, and then he never won a feud, and got completely mishandled. Hopefully, they do not screw him up again. (Vince...hands off!)

Yeah but here's the thing; Zack Ryder sucks and was already getting exposed for being a mediocre talent when Cena broke the bro code and Kane sent him flying off the stage in the wheelchair (still one of the most unintentionally funny moments in wrestling history). Meanwhile Bo Dallas, who I wouldn't say sucks but also wouldn't be annoyed if anyone argued it, wasn't a can't miss talent either. Both have ended up where they were likely to end up so I can't say WWE misused them. Drew absolutely should've been a star by now on at least two occasions (my best guess as to why is WWE always works so hard to protect him, then does nothing following that and Vince then falls in love with another guy) and Murphy, if nothing else, is a far more talented guy than Ryder and Dallas and shouldn't have disappeared. Those guys are misused. Bo and Zack, not so much.

I can agree to much of what you say about Bo and Ryder, but Bo has had a major story line that is just waiting for him. I have said it many times on these forums, that Bray should have recruited Bo to be his partner. They are brothers, and a natural connection. Imagine if the Fiend ended up with a secret partner down the road and it turned out to be Bo? I think if done right, it could be awesome.

Bo Dallas wasn't the first NXT champion, but he was and remains the best NXT Champion.

I will fight anyone at the forthcoming LoP Forums Awful Autumn event if they disagree. That boy went to Disneyland and gave everyone cookies.

That said - poor Murphy.

I've just read a report on the main page that the winner of the Dain/Riddle match tonight (it says street fight, are they really going to that again?) will be the new number one contender for Cole's title, which poses an interesting new opponent for the Catchphrase-as-Catchphrase can man.

I think the thing a lot of fans can't accept/swallow is that only the best get a call up from NXT to the main roster. And among those best, half of them are gonna be relegated to jobber status on the main roster. It's a hard pill to swallow. Guys like Bo are among the unlucky half, though part of it is which half is most charismatic/talented. It's like a weird Hunger Games.

Bo Dallas was still no where near ready when they called him up but there was nothing left to do with him.

Also, i don't think Buddy has been wasted really, its just after those good matches, he wasn't chosen to be a big part of king of the ring (which was a mistake but helped Gable) I think it will be interesting what they do with Murphy after the draft

I'll not count Buddy as wasted. Same as Asuka. I'll always believe people being kept off TV when there is no creative plan is better than forcing them onto TV without direction.

That said, it's very odd to start something with them, and not move forward after an initial chapter into their stories. I would have put Ali in that category as well, until he was on SD this week. Aleister Black hasn't been on for a while. WWE have great future talent, and they know it, but not enough room to get them all on. NXT might change that, but we'll see.

Bo Dallas sucks.

I think WWE is a bit different nowadays, in that if something isn't working, even if it is just being met with fan apathy, WWE immediately pulls the plug unless it is an angle or push they sincerely want. Reigns is about the only instance I can think of in recent memory where WWE kept forcing their agenda.

Pretty much if you don't have an amazing look/build, it's gonna be an arduous journey.

I know that Matt Riddle just won a title shot against Adam Cold last night, and most likely will dethrone Cole eventually....

BUT...he has been calling out Brock Lesnar for months. Riddle is also a former MMA competitor and from what I saw last night, can handle himself in the ring with a larger opponent. What is the WWE waiting for? Why do they not make this match happen?

The only thing that I can think of is this:
    With NXT now on TV, have Riddle win the NXT title ASAP. Then either in his post match interview, or during his first promo as NXT champ, he calls out Lesnar on TV. Lesnar goes on to beat Kofi and become the WWE champion, and does not acknowledge Riddle's taunt. Riddle keeps calling out Lesnar publicly (meaning on NXT TV). Eventually Heyman during his weekly spot addresses Riddle's challenges and dismisses them. Then finally the next Lesnar Smackdown appearance, Riddle comes and attacks Lesnar, and drops him. To my recollection, I cannot think of anyone who has sneak attacked Lesnar, and this would get a huge reaction. Lesnar sells like a champ, and would sell it. And then finally this all leads to a WM match of Lesnar vs Riddle. WWE Champ vs NXT Champ with the added bonus of 2 former MMA guys.

It is also a fresh feud for Lesnar. He has already faced everyone else, and no one wants a Reigns or Rollins match again or a Rowan match, or Strowman, Orton, HHH, Cena again. Bryan or Styles would be ok, but we had both. I would be ok with another Joe/Lesnar match, but the WWE wouldn't. So there really isn't anyone new for Lesnar besides guys from NXT. Maybe Drew McIntyre, but meh.
    Last edited by Powder; 09-26-2019 at 09:54 AM.

"no one wants" = you don't want, but trust me, other people would be just fine with a lot of those Brock matchups. Plus, he's barely feuded with 10% of the roster. There are a LOT of options for Brock.

As for Riddle, I love the guy, and do see amazing main event potential with him. He was a favorite of mine in his season of the Ultimate Fighter. Just seems like a good dude.

That said, there are plenty of worthy people who can be elevated to face Brock that make more sense. Calling Brock out and being former MMA isn't enough to launch someone into the top program of the company. Wrestling fans (mostly online ones who think they are smarter than everyone) forget how many intangibles go into figuring out who should get pushed. If you're judging on who is most over, Riddle doesn't win. If you're judging on youth and potential, Riddle doesn't win.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea. In fact, the NXT Champ vs WWE Champ idea is really good; I love it. But put yourself in the position of who is running WWE: with all the currently moving parts of the relationship with Fox, NXT getting on USA, combating more competition than they have since 2001, a roster of great future talent that they are still struggling to find TV time for... Riddle vs Brock is not only a low priority, but a terrible use of their time and roster. Unfortunately, Riddle vs Brock most likely will never happen. Brock is already old, and Riddle has a lot of the WWE ladder left to climb to get there. Plus, keep in mind how fickle fans are when a new star is super pushed. Fans today forget how over Roman Reigns was in the Shield. Not mega over, obviously, but likely the most over of all 3, and that was without any real push. He just stood out in a way Dean and Seth didn't. But once WWE said "OK, this is who we are going with", 75% of the crowd turned on him. And for no other reason than it was too fast for someone they felt wasn't ready.

You are tilling me that the WWE Universe wants to see Rollins Lesnar 3 in less than a year? or Reigns vs Lesnar 3 as a Mania main event once again, regardless of what you may think.

But who, besides, McIntyre would be "worthy" of facing Lesnar?

I know i don't want to see Reigns/ Lesnar again or a Rollins match after Lesnar already put him over. There's plenty of guys on the roster that they could heat up for a Brock match but they won't.

OK, again who?

It's not about 'being worthy' - it's about building a storyline to it.

They could very easily run The Fiend vs Brock currently. Owens vs Brock would be hot. I'm excited for Kofi vs Brock II. Nakamura vs Brock - sign me up. Black vs Brock - gimme, gimme, gimme. Big E vs Brock could be huge if built carefully with Big E getting some significant singles shine. Sheamus/Cesaro/Rusev and Brock just running into each other for ten minutes until one of them falls to the floor would be fantastic.

There's a crop of guys who have had some protection handed to them in recent months that could readily - with the right storyline - be ready to face Brock with a couple of months build. And that's without mentioning talents who are easy to immediately put against Brock like Bryan, Reigns, Rollins, Strowman who have already had good matches with him and could almost immediately be put across the ring from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    You are tilling me that the WWE Universe wants to see Rollins Lesnar 3 in less than a year? or Reigns vs Lesnar 3 as a Mania main event once again, regardless of what you may think.

But who, besides, McIntyre would be "worthy" of facing Lesnar?
    I believe the WWE Universe would accept Brock vs anybody. Despite online negativity about Brock's title reign, he's still the top draw and most captivating member of the roster. So yes, while there might not be clamoring for Rollins vs Brock, or Roman vs Brock, they will have their eyes glued to the set if they were ever asked to wrestle again.

As for who else? Oliver posted the best options, especially Aleister Black. Agree with Oli, gimme gimme gimme.

Heck, we can now add John Morrison to the conversation. Or The Miz. AJ Styles. Luke Harper. I'm enjoying Rowan's run these days, and he could be interesting (plus Rowan is technically Rock's last match too, so there's an aspect that can be worked into the story). Lashley. Here's one I'm surprised wasn't brought up yet, but a returned from injury Jeff Hardy bumping for Brock would be phenomenal. Chad Gable. King Corbin. Rusev.

I would choose Riddle over many of those names. But for WWE to sell a show and tell a story that works for most of the audience... he would be below all those names.

The thing is that Brock's kind of done what there is for Brock to do. You can always put that belt on him, sure, but that will be an option with him until he chooses to retire.

So now, use the guy to get people over. Note: that doesn't necessarily mean put people over. But even in a loss, Aleister Black puffing up his chest to Brock and rocking him with his kickboxing would up Black's stock. Gable would suddenly become a guy who would be believable with anyone if he were able to take Brock to the limit with Gable's technical skill.

Lashley vs Brock would be great and could be done as a special attraction with an MMA-style build (15-2 Lashley vs former UFC Champion Brock Lesnar) and letting them work more of that MMA style would work. Riddle vs Lesnar is a great match. Shit, give me Walter vs Lesnar just once.

Anyone is worthy of Lesnar as long as it's sold right. Lesnar has proven more than happy to make guys look good.

Lesner vs. Lashley
    Lesner vs. Cesaro
    Lesner vs Black
    Lesner vs Macyntire
    Lesner vs Gargano

I'd be okay with any and all of the above.

Lesnar vs Gargano is a fascinating prospect - especially given the Gargano character on NXT. I could see that working really well as an announcement of the new babyface underdog on the main roster.

I'm really into the idea of Gable vs Brock that Coach has dropped in almost as an aside there, if Brock would work a more amateur wrestling style against him (and he surely has that in his locker still) that would be a really interesting match up as well as something with a different flavour to the recent Brock matches.

There's a lot of scope for Brock if he's willing to work some slightly different styles to his recent matches. I think people might well be tired of Brock doing what might be considered his 'standard' style - 8-10 minute matches laden with suplexes against something of an underdog opponent - but there's a lot of alternatives in terms of style that we know Brock can do (MMA style, amateur style, full hoss fights) which we've not really got because they've not really been what the storyline and opponent has called for.

I so want to see Brock working that kind of Ishii/Goto toe to toe no-backing-down hoss fight. I think we've had a little hint of it in some of his matches against Roman and Strowman but they've not leaned all the way into it. Some sweat flying forearms between Brock and McIntyre, for example, would be awesome and I think the crowd would be super into it.

Solid NXT this week. Reminded me more of the regular NXT TV show, but with an AEW influence on it. What I mean is it still felt like NXT weekly, but there's still a drastic lack of non-action story telling. I'm glad they aren't using the tired WWE trope of opening 15 minute promo battles, but NXT really excelled with telling stories with footage outside the ring. That hasn't been a factor yet with the weekly live version.

Also, it doesn't feel like Must Watch, the way the first episode was. I am fine with NXT being this format, but I think it'll struggle with ratings to start. I might have to scale back on my predictions of them getting 800k viewers weekly if the normal format is more like this show. It's in no way bad, but it's making me miss how I used to watch NXT, which is sporadically followed by a marathon of whatever remains before each Takeover event.

Dijak vs Lee was the match of the night for me, BUT it wasn't as good as the others. If feels like they lost a lot of the tension and "hoss battle" vibe, and turned it more into "look at how these big guys can also do spots." Still good, but not great the way the others were.

One thing I didn't consider until about an hour ago...is what if this feud brings them to respect each other, and become a tag team. That would be glorious.

Dijak vs Lee was the match of the night for me, BUT it wasn't as good as the others. If feels like they lost a lot of the tension and "hoss battle" vibe, and turned it more into "look at how these big guys can also do spots." Still good, but not great the way the others were.

One thing I didn't consider until about an hour ago...is what if this feud brings them to respect each other, and become a tag team. That would be glorious.
    Completely agree. Easily match of the night. I thought that they didnt progress the feud in ring like they should have though. Should have been more counters from both guys, considering this was the 3rd time they've faced. I'm hoping they propel Lee into title pictures, but I could easily see them become a bad ass tag team. I'm a bit of a Keith mark, but Dijak is pretty damn good too. Together they could have a fun run as a tag team.

I was disappointed with the Matt Riddle match, wasn't as good as it could have been. No way Riddle is winning the belt. No way they are pushing him up to face Lesnar. Partially because he was talking shit on social media about WWE giving Goldberg matches not even two months ago. No doubt that put him in a bit of a dog house that he is just now getting out of (they had him primed to win NA title until that tirade, then just disappeared him from the title picture altogether).

Adam Cole is NXT's darling at the moment. He will run with the title for a while. I think when the time does come it will be Kushida to beat him for it.

I am annoyed they didnt have Kushida and WALTER square off. I sure hope they do have a match. It was awesome that Kushida picked Breezango as tag partners. Those two were criminally underrated on the main roster. Hilarious comedic act that could seriously wrestle. I'm wondering if Imperium will make more appearances on the American product now, or if that was just a pad the card for a short time kind of thing.

NXT UK struggles a little without Imperium and Rhea Ripley- some of their biggest acts. Is Rhea staying in American NXT? If so it seems obvious that she will be Shayna's next big feud.

Edit= anyone catch Ripley after her match? Kicking her opponent and seemed to have some hostility towards her (moreso than normal for her character). Felt like a bit of a shoot. Like maybe the newbie botched a couple moves and Rhea was laying into her for it.
    Last edited by Kleckamania; 09-28-2019 at 11:56 PM.

Rhea's absolutely freaking dope. I'm actually OK with her moving to NXT US permanently, especially as she's not actually from the UK - I know it's a really minor thing, but why not put her on the International/US show instead? It kind of makes more sense. She also has the best theme, it really pops.

I could see her taking the title from Shayna. She has the right aura around her. I like LeRae, as I've said above, but the only way I can see her taking the title later this week is with some kind of 'lucky' roll-up. I actually think they'll probably do something to keep a higher profile LeRae/Baszler match down the road, not unlike with Baszler/Ripley the other week.

Then again, given that this is the first week up against AEW and NXT will want to retain unpredicatability/making their TV shows worthwhile, but I also anticipate they want to retain the UE 'draped in gold' thing going too, the women's title is the only one I could see a change in.

I was kind of disappointed by Dijakovic vs Lee for exactly the reason you state, Pen - it felt a bit more 'look at this big dudes doing ridiculous things' than an actual hoss battle/fight, which I got before. And things like the second rope Candian Destroyer made me pop, but then weren't the end of the match - without wanting to sound like Coach, that bothered me quite a lot, even more so than Cole doing them and not getting falls. Shouldn't a move like that be even more impactful when done by a guy like Dijakovic?

Looking forward to a decider, though. I hope it's 2/3 falls.

I think COACH mentioned this somewhere, but I would be fine with a kick out after that Destroyer IF Dijak limped over for the cover, taking some extra time to sell fatigue. But while he didn't rush to the pinfall, it was still too fast, and the kick out lost impact.