Thread: Enzo Amore

Enzo Amore

I hope I'm not going to regret opening up this can of worms.

BUT

There is no doubt the hottest news story right now is that he was cleared of not only every accusation levelled at him but also the idea that he might have covered anything up.

Here is the letter he put up on Twitter:

Last edited by SirSam; 05-17-2018 at 06:08 AM.

This is not a can of worms, but I guess some vindication. If Enzo was smart he would sue the accusers for slander (or is it Libel?), defamation of character, and loss of wages by getting fired from the WWE.

Apparently there was just this girl who wanted to make a name for herself by accusing Enzo.

I think he will be brought back, but not until the end of 2018, maybe even as a surprise Rumble entrant.

It sucks that anyone should have to go through something like that... It's a filth that I hope he can easily wash off. Seems there's been a lot of people doing sexual abuse lately, but also a lot of people falsely accusing. Both can ruin lives.
    Last edited by Benjamin Button; 05-17-2018 at 09:11 AM.

It seemed pretty obvious by her social media rantings she was full of shit, but police had to investigate. Interesting Enzo says he didn't know about the accusations until Jan. 22. That's likely bullshit.

Interesting Enzo says he didn't know about the accusations until Jan. 22. That's likely bullshit.
    That's what jumped out at me here, too.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

The Brain
    Insufficient evidence isn't exactly the same thing as being acquitted. I have no idea if he actually did anything or not but either way, it was my impression that WWE dumped him because he let them get blindsided by something he most likely already knew about before the story broke, so I kind of doubt he gets a second chance regardless.

Yeah it is absolutely crappy if she has in fact made it up and effectively tarred this guy. By all accounts Enzo wasn't exactly in the WWE's best books but this sure was the straw that broke the camels back.

Even if it was all made up (and as mizfan said, insufficient evidence isn't the same as being acquitted) the dude still new about this for months and didn't tell WWE till the day the story broke. I don't want to hear this bullshit of him saying he didn't know; like we're supposed to believe the police didn't talk to an accused rapist during an investigation that was, by that point, two months in? The dude may not be a rapist, but he did still lie about his circumstances to his employer, not to mention that he was heavily disliked already anyway. I hope WWE never brings him back and I'll frankly be disappointed if they do.

So he's guilty until proven innocent? Seems kind of backwards...

Most likely he didnt tell WWE sooner because even on unfounded, false accusations WWE terminates contracts. He was holding a title at the time so he was probably pretty upset about that thought, hoping things would clear up before he had to tell them.

He was wrong, and I'd never defend someone who actually did the things he was accused of, but this community is being pretty judgemental considering our list of heros...

I'm not sure the question of innocent until proven guilty really comes into it. That's a legal thing. He got that protection. Seems like a conflation of things to me.

It comes down to whether or not you believe the lawyer's statement about him not being told until January. I'd challenge that even if you believe it, his lawyer making that claim doesn't by itself constitute anything approaching proof. But if he did, then I don't think his motives in hiding it really mitigate things. Whatever his reason for keeping it from his employer he did keep it, and they're going to feel within their rights to say 'we don't trust him anymore'. So the only reason for WWE to bring him back would be if they believe it, and if they believe that actually he can be trusted after all. How his reputation backstage plays into that could be a factor, too.

Coming at it from a different perspective, I don't actually see where he fits in anymore. He'd be death to 205 Live and the momentum they are building. I can't see him main eventing. Are you going to put him back with Cass? It feels like the product has moved on and short of selling a bit of merch (no telling how that'll be hit) I don't see what he can bring to the table that'd be worth running the risk that it's an unpopular move. I wonder if he'd be more likely to turn up somewhere like Impact or further down the list and try and build something from the ground up. I hear they're bringing in Swann to work a few tapings so obviously they are a bit more open to booking guys that might be seen as damaged goods.
    Last edited by Prime Time; 05-18-2018 at 07:38 AM.

Yeah, I believe he kept it from WWE and even somehow if he didn't, its more trouble than its worth to bring him back into the fold. I think his best role would have been a manager but WWE doesn't value that anymore. That's how i would use him if i was another promotion.

I think the worst part is there's evidence the girl lied. Text messages and such. There's no evidence Enzo did any of this. Can you imagine it being you in those shoes. I think our culture needs to learn empathy again.

And insufficient evidence means there's not enough to even accuse him to take him to court. Being acquitted means there's enough evidence to go. To me it's more than being acquitted. The only thing they have is the credibility of a supposed victim who bragged about having sex with him on the same night she was supposedly raped by him....

How should any of this filth that she's thrown on him rightfully stick? Empathy, man. What if it was someone you cared about?

Now if a girl is raped than I think the rapist should be cast out. But, a non rapist should never be marred with a name like that. Really sucks.
    Last edited by Benjamin Button; 05-20-2018 at 04:51 PM.

if i was in Enzo's position, I would have told my employer what was going on and I wouldn't give them a reason to fire me.

Yeah, I was snorting coke with this crazy youtube celebrity. We had sex. Boss, you need to know she's now sayin' I raped her.

I'm sure they would be like, "alright, well at least you told the truth."

Assuming that he did know. Which I guess we're all doing, because we're smarter than his lawyer.

You don't get it. If I was in Enzo's shoes, I would have been smart enough not to have the place i work be blindsided by a rape investigation. But Enzo is an idiot and its hard to be in that person's shoes when he basically acted like no one else would. If he tells WWE that he's being investigated for rape but its totally not true and he's well liked and he has a clean past (which he didn't) Then WWE fights for him. The WWE has great lawyers.

But Enzo is a dumbass and he had those previous issues so he likely thought that if I can hide this, i can still do whatever the fuck i want, WWE won't fire me.. I'm Enzo fucking Amore....

Again, Enzo handled this situation horribly.

Please tell me why we're smarter than a man who has a degree in the law. How do we know better than him that Enzo had not heard of the accusations. What TV shows do you watch to make you a better authority?

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Button View Post
    How do we know better than him that Enzo had not heard of the accusations.
    Because he had been under investigation for MONTHS! Not days, not weeks, months. The allegation was reported to police in October, leading to an investigation being opened. By the time Enzo was fired it had been nearly three months since the investigation began. Are we really supposed to believe that the police hadn't at least spoken to Enzo's lawyer about this during that time? Come on now. Common sense tells us he had to know, and once you determine that then it's pretty clear he kept it from WWE, which does mean his firing is on him for not coming clean. Would he have gotten in trouble for, in your words, snorting coke and having sex with a YouTube celebrity? Maybe, but they've shown with Paige that wild behavior doesn't lead to getting fired; he probably would've lost the Cruiserweight Title but he would've kept his job. Instead it's pretty clear he kept it to himself, WWE got blindsided and fired him and now his lawyer is trying to make Enzo look better; you know, the exact same thing his lawyer is hired to do. To entertain that he really didn't know when it was a two plus month investigation of a serious crime is just dumbfounding.

What do you know, man? When there's not enough evidence to charge someone how long does it take? Show me evidence that it's within.months and that police departments do that no matter how weak the evidence. I think we're acting like we know more than we do.

Matter of fact Enzo's laywer has spoken and what knowledgeable source besides ppl online have come out to disagree?
    Last edited by Benjamin Button; 05-20-2018 at 09:14 PM.

Short and long comes down to people don't think Enzo's lawyer constitutes proof because he's not a neutral party. His legal expertise is at some level compromised by the fact he represents a party involved. So ultimately you don't need another source to question his version of events, because he's being paid to put something forward in the best light for his client.

That doesn't mean that he ain't telling the truth, of course, but it's enough that you don't have to take him at his word on who was told what, and when - at least until there's corrobation from a neutral party.

Definition of guilty until proven innocent. We have no credible source to argue, we have a girl who bragged about having sex with him the same night she said she was raped. We're in Alice and Wonder Land here. Let's behead this motherfucker with a lawyer arguing on his behalf, and nobody arguing against him. What a Merry Unbirthday indeed.
    Last edited by Benjamin Button; 05-20-2018 at 09:40 PM.

Again, innocent until proven guilty - that's a legal thing, and it's a protection he got. No one has ever denied that so far as I can tell.

Push comes to shove, there's nothing in this that proves he did anything. Until his accuser is charged with wasting police time, there's nothing to suggest they believe she's lying--merely that they can't prove it. There's also nothing to believe that his lawyer is either telling the truth, or lying, without more information either way from a less interested source. Until Enzo charges the WWE, there's no reason to think that he believes his dismissal was in anyway unfair, either.

This is the problem with conflating basic legal principles with the wider scenario. There's no reason to judge Enzo like he's a criminal but there's nothing in the legal tradition to say that suddenly means you have to take every untested statement by his lawyer as gospel. Because regardless of who is or isn't speaking against him, he's going to put things in the best interest of his client. Doesn't make him wrong or right. Merely is the fact of the case. And without more information everyone has the right to assess those statements as they will.

Right because it makes perfect sense to believe with.no.evidence he forced her into sex and she while strung up said it was consentual was truly forced and Enzo was told the next day by a police department we know nothing about __ about the false allegations
    Last edited by Benjamin Button; 05-20-2018 at 10:26 PM.

It's more the point that it's a conflation of two different things.

1) is the rape charge, which is a matter for the courts and has been dealt with. So far as I can tell that's not the subject here, really.

2) is the matter of how he dealt with his employers, and for which we've heard nothing except from his lawyer. This is at the heart of it now:whether or not the WWE are justified in sacking him, and in not bringing him back. There's no proof either way as it stands that he did or didn't know, and no charge for which he can be 'innocent until proven guilty', and until he sues, no indication that he feels he has a legal argument he was treated unfairly.

Simple extrapolation really.

OK now we're at we don't know what happened.. I think that's a good place to start the discussion.

The Brain
    I think what makes it difficult is a lot of genuine abusers have hidden behind the shadow of the doubt for a long time in our society, and we're currently seeing a wave of backlash against that. That's a deep societal thing though, and hard to pick apart.

Definitely have no idea what Enzo did or didn't do, and I guess it's true we don't even know for sure what he knew or didn't know.

Even putting that aside, I don't know if there's much value in bringing Enzo back. If he's totally innocent then it's a bad break for him, no doubt, but fan opinion of 205 Live seems to have absolutely rocketed through the roof since he was let go.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    This is not a can of worms

Yeah, I was snorting coke with this crazy youtube celebrity. We had sex. Boss, you need to know she's now sayin' I raped her.

I'm sure they would be like, "alright, well at least you told the truth."

Assuming that he did know. Which I guess we're all doing, because we're smarter than his lawyer.
    I know it portrays you in a bad light, but yes that's exactly what you say. Maybe leave out the coke part.

The only thing that makes me skeptical of Enzo is he claims to have a certificate in G and then says it can't be taught...How does one get certified in the unteachable?

The Brain
    Absolutely, that can't be an accredited certification.

So.... should we move this thread to the music section?

Lol...While I do believe him against this particular accuser, I don't think that qualifies as music.

That was a nerdy high school kid making a rap video and going to his friends: "Yo, imma gonna be huge, yo!"

The Brain
    Lol...While I do believe him against this particular accuser, I don't think that qualifies as music.
    I'm dying at this. The perfect response.

That is a fucking horror show.

Both of Benny's calls are absolute gold.