Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Formula 1

Didn't watch it either. Australia as the starter is really unkind to European audiences!

I've tried taking up column writing, check it out here!

Words from a Gooner #2: 7 Treatments for Wrestlemania Fever

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    I also saw a headline from Bottas saying he'd beat everyone. I lol'd.
    That aged well. Pretty dull race to be honest. Bottas took Lewis at the start and just pulled away. Lewis seemed to have problems lighting it up but didn't have any real threat behind. Max passed Seb on the track. LeClerc looked like he could have taken his team mate at some point but either got reigned in or decided he was gonna play good partner for now. Max got close to Lewis but didn't ever look like he'd have a shot at overtaking. Overall the Mercs look like they have a decent gap right now. Interesting to see if Lewis really did have issues or if Val has really bridged the gap to his partner.

Is this Europe’s version of Murica#1’s NASCAR? If so... does it have a negative connotation like it does here in the states? Like... only rednecks that live in the south and drink shitty Bud Lite and have mullets watch car races. (This comes from someone that lives in the south. I’m working on growing a mullet, but I prefer good beer.)

It has most of it's origins in Europe, and I believe bar one or two teams, they are all based in Europe, but I'd say F1 has now grown to be a completely worldwide sport, with fans everywhere. There's loads of fans in places like Brazil, Japan, Australia, Canada... etc.

It's had a hard time establishing a presence in Asia, with varying success. And of course in the US it's mostly failed to budge Nascar as the premier motorsport. But it's certainly not just Europe that has all the attention.

At least here in the UK, there's not a negative connotation. There's been some unbelievable drivers come from the UK, and most if not all of them are cherished. The biggest problem with F1 at the moment is probably the lack of excitement at some races, with it becoming a procession at times.
    Last edited by Gooner; 03-23-2019 at 04:18 AM.

Yeah quite the opposite here is anything. It's a bit more of a money sport. A lot of races at glamourous places.

Super impressed by Lando Norris and the progression of that team from last year. McLaren doing great right now.

But, really, Haas is taking strides to cut into the gap of Red Bull. Gasly better get it together quick.

Is this the year Mags takes that next step in his career?

“How great the tremors will be when the judge comes."

Anyone else feel Hamilton is just going to run away with it again?

I'm not sure on that, but certainly Mercedes. I think Bottas has elevated his game. Still think it will be Hamilton, but could still go down to the final couple of races. All you need is a DNF or two and it really changes the leaderboard.

Hamilton is running away with the title; I feel that much... But I am pleasantly surprised that Red Bull is doing really well this year with Honda.

Controversy this weekend then...

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."