Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Wasn’t there a thing when they first got called up that one of them got injured almost immediately? And then maybe another injury almost right after? Perhaps higher up still sees good things in them, but just wanna make sure they can go longer than every three months without getting injured? Perhaps that’s why they get pushed a bit, but then cooled down almost immediately. Wanna make sure those two aren’t always gonna be injury-prone and mess up a storyline?

Honestly, The Revival jobbing to Lucha House Party is just too draining to watch.

Who else signed the petition against Lucha House Party rules.

Between that and the Bucks tweeting about them it gives me help these two men will eventually fall on their feet and hopefully we’ll still be there to watch.

I feel like they're going to leave soon. They're too good to keep jobbing. Enough has to be enough.

I imagine if the Bucks are indeed starting a promotion they will want some high quality tag teams to feature against and these guys should have to be top of the list.

Maybe WWE is doing their darndest to make them look foolish on the way out.

Thing is, WWE is so lazy with their product so that slots are filled in a way to just fill a slot, not enhance talent or make you care about them more.. Its been a problem i've noticed for years... and its only getting worse. Like The Revival have this feud with the Lucha House party. Do they do anything besides 5 min filler matches? No, so why would anyone care?

Pushing them to the top of a division thus doesn't really work unless you put some effort into it.

I really do hope they leave. Surely they aren't making that much money as low level tag team guys that they couldn't roll them dice.

Yesterday I watched a match of theirs on main event, which I preferred to anything I'd seen on PPV this year. Something very wrong with this picture.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

With their style and the indies heading te way they have, where would Revival go in order to work the same style and be a big deal?

Any where, but most likely the All In....

So some of the big changes, where the McMahon's listen to the crowd, the Revival win the #1 contender's match. Hmmm...

Let's hope they actually win the belts this time.....

But it sucks that this change was at the AOP's expense.

I imagine Chad and Dad will retain via something indecisive and crappy. Probably a roll up or something.

I agree about AOP. Vince even turned them into jokes.

Read the spoilers for RAW next week and get your answers. I will not say what happened, but you can easily find out.

Revival V Lucha House Party on Raw this week.
    New era, new match ups right?
    The crazy thing is if done right with Revival as scoundrel champs and Lucha House party fighting to win it could really be a great match up but instead it has come to symbolize everything that is wrong with the tag team scene.

Well, to be fair not every match can be "new".

No that is very true but how many times in the last 3 months have we had this exact configuration? Revival fighting The Lucha House Party to help earn a shot at the titles?

The key is variation.

Well, at least Revival got the W finally so there's that.

I say move them to Smackdown after Mania and have them feud with the Bar.

Reading Doc's column made me go back and revisit DIY vs Revival (including their excellent and overlooked TV match from early 2017).

It's sad how the main roster has been using them - they don't seem to have lost anything as performers, but haven't got the rub from anything they've done on the main roster.

Part of me agrees on the brand switch - they could do great things with New Day, Usos, and/or Bar there.

Don't get me wrong, I am ecstatic The Revival won the tag titles last night, BUT I have one little gripe. The last 4 Raw tag title changes occurred on en episode of Raw and not on a PPV. That kinda cheapens the title change, imo.

I don't know, it's difficult to devalue those titles more than they already have been at this stage. When you think back, after New Day's mammoth reign, nobody's held them for more than a three month cycle, and even things like Rollins and Ambrose winning them was more about the storyline than the title win, on both occasions. Last WrestleMania they were won by a ten year old.

The titles are in urgent need of rehabilitation, which is what I hope The Revival get to do, and do in the same way as they did when the titles needed rehab after never ending years of Ascension squashes and substandard matches. They made those titles the main event, with DIY at their side of course.

Based on HHH's comment on the Revival, maybe they will restore the shine to the titles. Since the New day lost the titles, there have been 4 true tag teams to win the titles on RAW:

Sheamus and Cesaro as an early stage of the Bar - Reign of 42 days, a reign of 77 days, a reign of 49 days, and a reign of 70 days
    The Club - Reign of 63 days
    The Hardys - Reign of 63 days
    AOP - Reign of 35 days

Everyone else was a team that was put together. I do not consider the B-Team or Roode and Gable a real tag team.

Now the Revival.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Based on HHH's comment on the Revival, maybe they will restore the shine to the titles. Since the New day lost the titles, there have been 4 true tag teams to win the titles on RAW:

Sheamus and Cesaro as an early stage of the Bar - Reign of 42 days, a reign of 77 days, a reign of 49 days, and a reign of 70 days
    The Club - Reign of 63 days
    The Hardys - Reign of 63 days
    AOP - Reign of 35 days

Everyone else was a team that was put together. I do not consider the B-Team or Roode and Gable a real tag team.

Now the Revival.
    You don't consider Ambrose and Rollins a real team? I mean granted they held the titles for a very short time, but still.

No. They were not a real tag team since the Shield broke up. They paired together as a Shield reunion, then were only paired together to further a story line. if they were a true tag team, they would have been together for at least a few months prior to winning the titles.

Roode and Gable were exactly the same. The WWE had no idea on what to do with either. So they paired them up and then threw the titles onto them for no reason at all. It did nothing for either guy. Roode is a veteran who lost his shine about a year ago, and Gable should either be pushed as a IC or US title champ, but not as a tag team. Giving Gable a Glorious Robe was insulting and made him look like he was wearing his father's robe.

Roode and Gable are a tag team now.. Just cause they were thrown together doesn't mean they aren't a team now... eventually, thrown together teams just stay teams.

Without a doubt, hence the Bar, but there is something about Roode and Gable that just does not sit well with me. Maybe it's Roode. After his NXT debut, which was fantastic, his main roster run was just a theme song, that now is nothing.

Roode should be the veteran that puts people over now. Roode should turn on Gable and put Gable over.

I don't like the team either except to say that Roode has always been better in a team. Feel like Gable should get that midcard singles push and see what they have there.

I agree, in AMW and Beer Money he was good, but he has really done nothing in the WWE, not NXT, career. Roode should be a guy who goes to back to NXT and becomes another veteran that puts people over. The main roster does not need another 40 year old micarder taking up TV time and space from a younger guy/newer talent.
    Last edited by Powder; 02-15-2019 at 10:40 AM.

He wasn't in AMW, that was the other one. He was Team Canada and Beer Money, and then the team with Aries.

I dunno, I kinda think his age is irrelevant in a case like this, because he's not been around a while, and very little of the lack of impact is really down to him. I'd quite like to see them get a chance to carve out something for themselves as a team because it seems to me that they've got bags of potential if the company can actually get their house in order behind them.

Plus, we already know that Gable can be a tremendous foil for The Revival (bringing us back to topic), and if Roode is helping him by being a solid hand in the team with him, then he's already kinda putting him over, from a certain point of view. There's more ways to do it than lying down and staring at the lights.

Roode and Gable/Revival is a potentially brilliant pairing. Roode has all the same old school sensibilities the Revival have, and as Prime mentioned, Gable has already shown he can work them. If the four of them are allowed to just do their job it could be excellent. Certainly a good way to reignite the tag division.

Reports are out that WWE offered the Revival 500K per for five years. They've yet to accept. Which is a bad sign to me if they haven't. Usually leaks like this don't happen if you're going to sign for that.

The Brain
    Can't blame them if they do sign but I'd love to see them take a chance out there in the wrestling world. Loads of places would be immediately blessed by their presence.

Let them go to AEW. They've been treated as a joke on the main roster. A not so memorable tag title run to show for their talent....

Meltzer has since reported that The Revival turned down that deal. Based off the screenshot I saw of what they were doing on RAW tonight, I can believe that.

Second that, Cult - I read the results and just put my head on my desk. Raw seems to already be set on turning the Usos into a weird tag team, they're throwing weird insults at The Revival, and essentially nerfing my interest in a match between two of the best tag teams in WWE. I don't even want to see the match now.

They should wait out their contract and the non compete 6 sonths and then go to AEW or Japan.

The review of RAW I saw suggested that their win over the Usos this past Monday was the match of the night. Can well believe it - just wondering if it means anything or if it's just going to be underappreciated and forgotten about by the time next week rolls around?

Do you often ask rhetorical questions, PT?

I suppose I do, but I was naively wondering if anyone thought that there could be something better for them this week. But when you put it like that, yeah, the naivety of it is obvious and it was more rhetorical than I'd initially imagined.