Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Joe Budden's podcast dissing Eminem... LOL

Wait... the Slaughterhouse boys arenít cool with Em any more? Or is it just Budden?

Joe broke out from Slaughterhouse a couple of years ago, and went on his own podcast stuff. He has since criticized Em's music (rightfully if we are just talking music), and Em responded with a little jab at Joe in the new album. Then Joe went all in for the next 90 minutes in his podcast airing out all the laundry between him and Slim and Slaughterhouse. Basically the other 3 stayed loyal to Em, Aftermath and Shady Records, and Joe never really wanted to be part of it all.

Ah, I see

Yeah, I want to be fair to Joe and mention that he still loves his Slaughterhouse crew like brothers, but thought they should have never signed with a major label. Royce has since responded saying he loves Joe, but Joe was in the wrong.

Joe isnít completely wrong. The first Slaughterhouse album (minus Em and Shady Records) was much superior to the second. (Donít get me wrong... still enjoyed it thoroughly, though.)

Yeah... Joe even explained that he looked at the music. He thought that them being 4 indy guys, they'd share the same desire to have straight sound and do it themselves. The other 3 though were looking for that major deal pay day. It's like if Omega and the Bucks go to WWE with Cody staying independent to preserve his artistic craft. No one is really wrong or right, some want the money, some want the music. But yeah, their first album was amazing. The one from 2009, I listened to that daily.

Currently listening to Pantera's Vulgar Display of Power for like the millionth time. Love it.

New Smashing Pumpkins I'm not sure what to make of it yet but I definitely don't like it as much as their old school stuff on first listen.

Oh, wow... I love that song (and I just listened to it for the first time). Something about it is engaging from the opening seconds until the end. I had a shit day at work, but Iím in such a better mood now after listening to that song. Thank you, Dude. I might have to go check out the rest of that album.

New Greta Van Fleet album out today. I haven't listened yet but am super excited given how much I enjoyed their extended EP.

People are saying they are the future of rock music which is almost a cliche at this point and while I wouldn't go that far they are certainly a very different voice in popular music today.

@Sir_Samuel

I need to find the time to check out the stuff you've been sharing in here. Some of this looks right up my street.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

The Brain
    If that's directed at me, I'd love to hear any thoughts you have! I'm admittedly terrible at listening to other people's suggestions but I'm always happy to share the stuff I do like.

Listening to, right this second, very old school (relatively speaking)...

I'm a fan of Johnny Cash and the Goo Goo Dolls, so props on recent listings.

I'm in a nostalgic 90's music head space even as I try to figure out the next [major] step of my life. A line from the song below keeps wanting to speak to me: "We fell through the ice when we tried not to slip."

The Brain
    Nice!! Haven't heard that song in a long time but always liked it a lot. Very soulful, never fails to stir something in me.

Listening to right now...

I've been to well over 100 concerts in my life, and Bouncing Souls are easily one of the top 5 best live bands I've seen. Great pick, Miz!

Yes, Led Zeppelin is my all-time favorite band besides RATM, but it's been a few years since I've had a strong Zeppelin kick. Their blues heavy stuff tends to be my favorite on each of their albums, and this may well be their best blues heavy song....

The Brain
    Ah, would love to see Bouncing Souls live! I don't got to many concerts but that's one I wouldn't mind showing up for. Big fan of Zeppelin too, great shout!

Had this one in my head recently...