Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Joe Budden's podcast dissing Eminem... LOL

Wait... the Slaughterhouse boys arenít cool with Em any more? Or is it just Budden?

Joe broke out from Slaughterhouse a couple of years ago, and went on his own podcast stuff. He has since criticized Em's music (rightfully if we are just talking music), and Em responded with a little jab at Joe in the new album. Then Joe went all in for the next 90 minutes in his podcast airing out all the laundry between him and Slim and Slaughterhouse. Basically the other 3 stayed loyal to Em, Aftermath and Shady Records, and Joe never really wanted to be part of it all.

Ah, I see

Yeah, I want to be fair to Joe and mention that he still loves his Slaughterhouse crew like brothers, but thought they should have never signed with a major label. Royce has since responded saying he loves Joe, but Joe was in the wrong.

Joe isnít completely wrong. The first Slaughterhouse album (minus Em and Shady Records) was much superior to the second. (Donít get me wrong... still enjoyed it thoroughly, though.)

Yeah... Joe even explained that he looked at the music. He thought that them being 4 indy guys, they'd share the same desire to have straight sound and do it themselves. The other 3 though were looking for that major deal pay day. It's like if Omega and the Bucks go to WWE with Cody staying independent to preserve his artistic craft. No one is really wrong or right, some want the money, some want the music. But yeah, their first album was amazing. The one from 2009, I listened to that daily.

Currently listening to Pantera's Vulgar Display of Power for like the millionth time. Love it.

New Smashing Pumpkins I'm not sure what to make of it yet but I definitely don't like it as much as their old school stuff on first listen.

Oh, wow... I love that song (and I just listened to it for the first time). Something about it is engaging from the opening seconds until the end. I had a shit day at work, but Iím in such a better mood now after listening to that song. Thank you, Dude. I might have to go check out the rest of that album.

The Brain
    Listening to right now...

New Greta Van Fleet album out today. I haven't listened yet but am super excited given how much I enjoyed their extended EP.

People are saying they are the future of rock music which is almost a cliche at this point and while I wouldn't go that far they are certainly a very different voice in popular music today.

The Brain

I need to find the time to check out the stuff you've been sharing in here. Some of this looks right up my street.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

The Brain
    If that's directed at me, I'd love to hear any thoughts you have! I'm admittedly terrible at listening to other people's suggestions but I'm always happy to share the stuff I do like.

Listening to, right this second, very old school (relatively speaking)...

I'm a fan of Johnny Cash and the Goo Goo Dolls, so props on recent listings.

I'm in a nostalgic 90's music head space even as I try to figure out the next [major] step of my life. A line from the song below keeps wanting to speak to me: "We fell through the ice when we tried not to slip."

The Brain
    Nice!! Haven't heard that song in a long time but always liked it a lot. Very soulful, never fails to stir something in me.

I've been to well over 100 concerts in my life, and Bouncing Souls are easily one of the top 5 best live bands I've seen. Great pick, Miz!

Yes, Led Zeppelin is my all-time favorite band besides RATM, but it's been a few years since I've had a strong Zeppelin kick. Their blues heavy stuff tends to be my favorite on each of their albums, and this may well be their best blues heavy song....

The Brain
    Ah, would love to see Bouncing Souls live! I don't got to many concerts but that's one I wouldn't mind showing up for. Big fan of Zeppelin too, great shout!

Had this one in my head recently...

Right now, I'm listening to The Dissent of Man by Bad Religion. They were one of those bands that were always around when I was listening to a lot more of this, but I hardly paid them very much attention. But I got recommended one of the songs off this and thought it sounded interesting, so I've given the whole album a play. And you know what, I like it quite a bit.

Bad Religion is pretty good. One of those bands that I wonít necessarily seek out, but if it comes on Pandora or something, I wonít turn it off.

I saw Bad Religion live once. It was a small venue with a chill atmosphere. Sat with my friends and drank some beers while they played. Was a really good show. I wasn't a fan before (I wasnt not a fan, I just had had practically no exposure to their music), but after the show I developed an appreciation. They've got performing down to an absolute science.

I saw the Bosstones at the same place a year or two prior, the night I met Dickey Barrett. We talked for like maybe 3 minutes right after the show. About how the show was, how much I dug their music, and if he was going to play Warped Tour that year (they did, and I went lol). I was geeking out hard at the time. Still do thinking about it now. I danced/bumped into my senior English teacher at the show. I had just graduated. She was (and still is) a complete smoke show. My crush intensified knowing she would go to a show like that. Crazy awesome night.

That's not why I'm here though, lol, this is one of 2 songs that has haunted me for a few weeks now. It's an oldie, but, damn...

And this is the 2nd one...

They did a cover of this on Luke Cage season 2 I believe, it was great, but nothing matches this.

Bit of quality there, definitely gets the seal of approval.

I never really took to MCR but I've heard a Gerard Way solo song quite a lot lately, seems to be hanging around long enough that I've heard it several times in various things. Called 'Getting Down the Germs', I assume a few people out there know it?

I wouldíve never guessed that was Gerard in a hundred years. (This coming from somebody that listened to MCR religiously for years...)

No, it doesn't sound like I would have expected either, though I can't claim to have much knowledge of MCR beyond a few songs and general impression of what their sound is like.

Been listening to Fiend Without A Face recenty and I'm really into it even tho' it's a bit out there. It's a bit of side project for Brent Hinds from Mastadon.

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    To take the title of this thread literally, I've come across an upload of what turns out is an album of a concert in Prague a couple of years back (following this?!) by Hans Zimmer, an arrangement of all his most famous movie soundtracks, and it's absolutely bloody brilliant. I'm downloading the album immediately. I love Zimmer's music and a lot of the themes in the set, that are arranged in such an amazing way.

Anyways, if anyone's into that sort of thing, this is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRl9mLseYhY

The Brain
    Sounds pretty damn interesting! I'll have to give it a listen at some point.

Listening to this classic at the moment:

Back before Prince Ea was a spoken word guy, I heard this and it completely blew my mind and fucked my world.

ďThere he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.Ē

Anyone come across the band Ghost light? Just been recommended them and have given one track a listen. Sounds very much like a throwback on one hand, but on the other there's a lot going on - real attention to detail in the layering of various instruments.

Also saw The Wildhearts had a new song out. Kinda funny seeing so many of these bands from my youth still putting stuff out there.

That Ronson/Miley single. I don't usually like her stuff but this one is catchy.

The Brain
    Listening to right this second...

LOVE some Social D/Mike Ness. Although, I might be the only person I've ever known that isn't a fan of their cover of "Ring Of Fire".

Also, FTLOTF... that Ronson/Miley song is great. It's the best thing she's done since "Wrecking Ball".

Damn, it has been a while since I've been around these threads.

Hope to be a little more regular cause I love the music section.

Anyway here is the song I've been listening to. It is called The Rush by Kings Kaleidoscope, they are a Christian band and while I know their message isn't for everyone here I feel like they are genuinely one of the coolest musical acts around. Very creative and artistic in how they build things and introduce different instruments.

Here is the video for it if anyone wants to check it out:
    \

What am I listening to right now? This, funnily enough. Seems timely. Plus this is as cool as you like.

Sam, that's an interesting video. A lot of different layers going on and it never really lets you settle down and go 'oh yeah, I know how this is going to go'. Intriguing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by meandi View Post
    Also, FTLOTF... that Ronson/Miley song is great. It's the best thing she's done since "Wrecking Ball".
    Agree it's great but I never much cared for Wrecking Ball. The only other song of hers I liked was Malibu, but this was better.

"This ain't a diss to the game; it's a gas to the flame"

Homicide

Logic + Eminem

Listening to an EP that came out last year by the Lemon Twigs that I kinda like. Hard to place exactly what it sounds like but the closest I can come to it is the Stones.