Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Cazz

Big Cazz

So apparently it looks like Big Cass suffered another knee injury at an Amsterdam house show.

The link with the videos shot by a fan can be viewed here.

This means that the beat down from Tuesday from Bryan can be used to write him off, AND, the Miz vs Bryan may be moved up.
    Last edited by Powder; 05-20-2018 at 04:31 PM.

Meltzer says its a work.

I also don't think Big Cass/ Bryan is going very far... Not beyond MITB anyway. Miz is the MITB match. Bryan isn't. So you can have him beat Big Cass and then sow the seeds for Bryan/Miz.

As for Cass... Not really a fan. He's not a good wrestler and his promos are hit and mostly miss for me.

Ugh, working an injury angle. Gonna make him into such a big under dog, I'm sure the crowd will be into that. Me, I don't care how many times I see it I'll always cheer for a Honey Badger when I see them taking on a lion.

@Sir_Samuel

The Brain
    I don't really mind Cass but he doesn't wow me either. Definitely feels like no matter what the story, Bryan should be rolling through him consistently to show he's back on the path to being a top level guy.

All Big Cass can say is that he is 7 foot tall. It is the worst promo. I am tall, Bryan is short.

Cass says it so often he's clearly being produced to sell his height constantly. If he's capable of it he'd probably benefit from going off-script a bit, injecting something a bit more personal into his work than what he's been given.

No idea if he can do that, of course. Enzo generally carried the promo load for the tag team, which accounts for his most popular days.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Cass has cut better promos, especially before he got hurt. But since his return, all he ever says is, I am really tall. Bryan is a shrimp. I mean Big Show, Strowman, Nash, or any other 7 footer, never constantly needed to say that they are 7 foot tall as their only attribute.

Big Cass was just released. No good luck.

We'll hear why. I'd like to think that he was frustrated and asked for his release, but I just can't help to think he said or did something that he shouldn't have, outside the segment he did where he failed to follow orders.

“Stoop to your own level. Your nature. Trust yourself. And most importantly... You have to learn what laws are really laws and not… Oppression."

They didn’t wish him his best in his future endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    Big Cass was just released. No good luck.
    Must've done something dumb. Either way I won't miss him, and I didn't even watch him!

I remember a rumor last month about him pissing Vince off by roughing up the Daniel Bryan-dressed midget more than he should have. Maybe that’s part of it.

Even if that's the case and he got no good luck for being ass, i refuse to believe he wasn't mainly released cause he sucks. He's so bland and they have big men that are better

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    I remember a rumor last month about him pissing Vince off by roughing up the Daniel Bryan-dressed midget more than he should have. Maybe that’s part of it.
    It might be a part of it but it can't be the main part of it as that happened a month ago. If that was the catalyst then he'd have been gone then. Something else is likely going on here.

If he does suck it's kinda on them for promoting him from NXT, and then giving him a singles push, too quickly. If they think he's bad enough to release what the hell were they thinking giving him so prominent a spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    It might be a part of it but it can't be the main part of it as that happened a month ago. If that was the catalyst then he'd have been gone then. Something else is likely going on here.
    I mean, he put over Bryan clean on Sunday. If you're going to fire a guy for something like that, you might as well get him to put someone over on the way out.

Unless he did something really shitty, which he may have especially if they weren't wishing him well, and he's getting fired for the midget thing it's a tough spot for talent to be in. Guys like Austin are always encouraging people to take risks, even Prichard says that you can go into business for yourself a little bit if you believe in it enough and you're willing to to take the chewing out should it be shit...but if that's what he's getting fired for it sends a message to talent that even someone they're trying to push isn't safe when it comes to deviating from the script.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    If he does suck it's kinda on them for promoting him from NXT, and then giving him a singles push, too quickly. If they think he's bad enough to release what the hell were they thinking giving him so prominent a spot?
    Well one could say you had to push to some degree off an injury return. The Bryan feud was his first thing back, he had the midget off script thing and looked like a geek in the whole feud. So i could buy firing for a off script reason but also once they beat him they way they did.. he's not over, and there's nothing he can do but go down.. Saw no future in him.. Hence cutting him.

Like i said, they can find guys like him and way better.

Nice of Enzo to not learn to be humble after all he's been through and take shots a former friend. Class dude that guy is.

Alverez or someone who called said he looked pissed after he lost on Sunday. I am going to go back and look at his mannerisms during the match.

“Stoop to your own level. Your nature. Trust yourself. And most importantly... You have to learn what laws are really laws and not… Oppression."

Well one could say you had to push to some degree off an injury return. The Bryan feud was his first thing back, he had the midget off script thing and looked like a geek in the whole feud. So i could buy firing for a off script reason but also once they beat him they way they did.. he's not over, and there's nothing he can do but go down.. Saw no future in him.. Hence cutting him.

Like i said, they can find guys like him and way better.

Nice of Enzo to not learn to be humble after all he's been through and take shots a former friend. Class dude that guy is.
    Afraid my point goes back before the injury and even beyond the initial split with Enzo. Possibly even beyond calling the team up, too.

Put simply, if they think he's bad none of that should have happened. If they think he had potential, they fucked him up. So they are either at fault or it can't be to do with his ability.

So, watched the match back. Outside his incredibly inconsistent selling of a leg that was worked on the whole match (no struggling on any power move or hitch in his step for the most part), I saw jack about the match that hinted at him being pissed with the booking.

So, at least, he seemed professional about things on camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    Afraid my point goes back before the injury and even beyond the initial split with Enzo. Possibly even beyond calling the team up, too.

Put simply, if they think he's bad none of that should have happened. If they think he had potential, they fucked him up. So they are either at fault or it can't be to do with his ability.
    Well, Cass was with the company for quite awhile. So its kinda like you either do something or its not going to happen. He had a good thing with Enzo and talk of him getting more post Enzo and then that fell flat, he got injured, came back and fell flat again.

I'm also saying me personally, i thought he was bad.. Not that WWE thought he was bad. Plus, it has been a long time and they have guys like him, that would probably do better.

I don't think relegating him to the C and D shows really do anything. he's too big to be a jobber.
    Last edited by LK3185; 06-19-2018 at 04:31 PM.

Apparently, Cass directly disobeyed Vince's orders and attacked the midget wrestler, which he was instructed not to do. That's a little different from 'improvising on the spot' or 'going slightly off script', right? There are also safety issues involved.

Either way, I will not miss him, and he never deserved the spot he had.

Vince also apparently called a meeting and just fired Cass right then and there. Yikes. i take back it being about his work.

Guess this can be moved to General wrestling.

Have read recent reports where it wasn't exactly the off script midget issue, but that Big Cass was drunk most the European tour which caused issues. Honestly sounds like a case of Vince having enough.

Cass got fired for beating up a midget? Vince's fuse must have shorted. This is no small thing. Now all superstars must beware that any little thing they do will be scrutinized. Cass must feel so tiny now, getting his dream job cut short. He'll be up crying till the wee hours of the morning...

I'll see myself out...
    Last edited by Kleckamania; 06-20-2018 at 12:29 AM. Reason: minute adjustments

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    Moved this over to the General Wrestling thread now.

I was wondering if the fact that he didn't really show much signs of promise against someone like Daniel Bryan during their couple of months feuding was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Outside of the other top guys, there won't be many other guys on the roster that would be able to squeeze more out of someone's talent than Bryan, in my opinion.

I hadn't heard of reports about Big Cass being drunk throughout the European tour. Unless that caused massive disruption I don't see it being part of the issue. I did hear the stories about him going against what he was told when he beat up the little guy, which didn't help matters in this day and age in the WWE. But if any of those were true, why did they keep him around until now and fire him suddenly during a TV day? They didn't even give him the ol' "we wish him the best in his future endeavors" line on the website. There has to be more to this story.

Even if that's the case and he got no good luck for being ass, i refuse to believe he wasn't mainly released cause he sucks. He's so bland and they have big men that are better
    I'm also saying me personally, i thought he was bad.. Not that WWE thought he was bad. Plus, it has been a long time and they have guys like him, that would probably do better.
    Ah, this is what confused me, you see. Though now I'm having a hard time processing them firing him because even though they like him, you think he sucks. I didn't know that you had that kind of power!

Generally speaking my take is a bit old fashioned I guess, but my feeling is that the company should put people out there who can do the job. If you can do it and don't, it's on the talent. If you aren't up to it, it's on the people who put you out there to fail.

But it sounds like it's got nothing to do with his ability anyway - and I think that's probably more consistent with the way they've treated him in his run. Though there's a lot of contempt for him on the 'net nothing about the way he's been presented makes me think they share that opinion.

lol i'm not saying I had any power but if Big Cass was so amazing at his job, he probably wouldn't be out of a job right now. The issues he had don't sound like issues that wouldn't protect a top guy so to speak. This isn't him doing coke with some random chick and putting WWE in a bad spot like Enzo. Attitude problems, drinking are overlooked as long as you have some value.

Nah, I know you're not saying that you have that kind of power really. All in jest - though I am still struggling to square the argument you're making, I won't deny!

I don't know if you can just have 'value' in an abstract sense to get away with it. If you're already difficult to replace in material terms, that's a different kettle of fish. You could have all the potential in the world, though, and if it's easier to cut you for something you've done, you'll be cut. And I think that's probably more true now than it ever has been before.

They may have broke up about a year ago, but anyone else wonder if this is partially stemming from an issue between he and Carmella? She is getting this huge push at the exact time they are dumping him out of the company unceremoniously. Maybe there were issues between them? They hadnt been exposed to each other/working together again until recently...

Oh yeah, Cass, even if they liked him, was not in a untouchable spot... if I get your meaning, he wasn't Orton when he was basically such an asshole that they had to teach him maturity for his talent's sake. And that was at a time when they weren't exactly overflowing with young talent. Cass was at a replacable level.

I don't wish him any ill will but hopefully he doesn't find himself tied to Enzo again, seems that relationship is burned beyond repair.

Kleck, if Carmella/Cass were having issues in the back at work, couldn't they just put them on different brands to avoid each other or I don't know, tell them not to interact?
    Last edited by LK3185; 06-20-2018 at 07:38 AM.

Regardless, all Cass ever said was that he is 7 feet tall, and again I do not watch NXT, but based on the Greatest Royal Rumble, there are at least 2 other 7 footers in training that could easily take his spot, but show more personality.

I could also see All In or New Japan picking up Cass as he does have some, not a lot, but some name recognition and WWE experience, and obviously has size, and could be an asset for either promotion.

I'd be surprised to see him do either, to put it mildly.

I would think Cass is more impact bound.

Fair to both, but he will be picked up somewhere.

Definitely feels more likely - though I'd have bet the house on it a couple of year ago and now I'm not so sure. But I'd certainly expect that more than NJPW.

Doesn't Japan really like big American Wrestlers though? They loved Stan Hansen, Vader, Matt Bloom and Luke Gallows. If Bloom and Gallows could succeed there, then why couldn't Cass?

He's not as good as Gallows or Albert.

NJPW don't generally take guys just because they have WWE name value is all. I get the impression they are more selective about it and only pick people who 'fit' what they are trying to do. I get the feeling Cass would probably have to do a bit of a stint on the Indy's first to show that he could do something for them. Then if that goes well, I could see it. I think the only person in recent years who has gone pretty much straight from WWE to NJPW who fits the mould you are talking about is Lance Hoyt.

Most of those guys, no matter how you feel about Cass, are tag wrestlers. Bernard/Albert is the only one who sort of broke out and did more. But Gallows and Hoyt have pretty much been tag wrestlers.. I don't know if Cass would want that.