Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Cass

And even then Gallows and Lance Archer are VASTLY better than Big Cass. Hell I'm pretty sure there are few young lions New Japan has that are vastly better than him. Maybe he can work his way to a Bad Luck Fale level at some point and get a shot but I'm not sure he wants to and even then I'm not sure New Japan would want him. The guy just isn't that good. At the end of the day that's how this all came to pass. If Cass was a guy who drew money and was over then WWE would've taken him aside, given him a talking to about going off script and his drinking and that be that. But he isn't any of those things and he also isn't any good. He wasn't worth the aggravation and I'm not sure he will be to anyone else, nor am I sure he wants to continue on. He may be one of those "if it's not WWE, it doesn't matter" guys.

The guy's got an Econ degree. It's entirely possible that he just says "fuck it". Pro wrestling reunited him with a close friend, then cost him that friend, then got him shit on by hundreds of people online, then had him out on his ass. It wouldn't surprise me at all for him to get a bad taste in his mouth for the industry.

Had he ever been on a European tour before? The reports paint a shitty picture of him, but "intoxicated in public" seems like pretty standard fair for those tours. Like, don't ruin things for everyone else travelling with you if you're going to be drunk, but they're providing buses because they obviously know what's up.

Ultimately, he's just not mature enough for the business, which is unfortunate because he's 31 so I don't see that maturity coming any time soon.

It is funny though. If he had the talent of Randy Orton, he'd be sternly talked to and let off with a warning.

The Brain
    I don't hate Cass like some, but seeing him in a conversation with Hansen and Vader is... mind boggling.

I laughed a little bit at the story of Cass busting down the bus bathroom door and everyone having to use it with the door open for the rest of the trip. I can definitely see how that experience might sink you for good in the eyes of your bosses/colleagues if you're already pushing the line behavior-wise. I do agree they'd probably let it go if they valued him like they valued a young Orton.

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    I don't hate Cass like some, but seeing him in a conversation with Hansen and Vader is... mind boggling.

I laughed a little bit at the story of Cass busting down the bus bathroom door and everyone having to use it with the door open for the rest of the trip. I can definitely see how that experience might sink you for good in the eyes of your bosses/colleagues if you're already pushing the line behavior-wise. I do agree they'd probably let it go if they valued him like they valued a young Orton.
    The comparison was only to illustrate that Japan likes Big American Wrestlers, comparing sizes, not comparing the quality.

The Brain
    Those are two of the best wrestlers that ever lived though. You might as well say any blond wrestler should be an American world champion because of Hogan and Flair, you know?

Definitely see him getting picked up in Impact rather than elsewhere. I guess that's kind of a joke but maybe they can do something with him. Not holding my breath but maybe.

LOP Freebirds Buddy Roberts SirSam's Avatar
    His next step will show how much he actually cares about wrestling. Does he toss it in and do something else or does he do a Drew Mac and work his way back from the bottom?