Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    WHY????

I dunno, but it's there.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I believe you, but just dumb.

I don't know - when you've had Brock as champion for 659 of the last 729 days, there's probably an odd logic in doing a quick(er) title change or two before the next long(er) reign starts.

They should go with a Drew challenge, though. But that would have been helped with him winning at Mania. I suppose the alternative is something exciting happens tonight and we get a half decent heel debuting to go up against him, either from Smackdown (yeah, I'll take Rollins vs Bryan, OK) or NXT (not sure what you'd do there, as none of the potential call up are really main event material in my eyes. If only Ciampa hadn't broken his neck.)

They'd be dumb to turn Rollins heel. I don't think he's going to set the world on fire (get it, burn it down... yeah yeah bad joke), but he's over and we don't know when Reigns will be ready for a full on schedule, and Rollins can carry the brand through the summer and is a much better face. Honestly, his heel work was boring. And just talking to kids (I have them, and so I get to talk to a lot of them), next to Roman Reigns, their second favorite is Seth Rollins. No need to take the title off of him, or turn him heel anytime soon.

Well it hasn't happened yet, so looks like it might just have been random chatter.

Similar vein perhaps, but there's a story out there about how they nearly let Seth go back in his FCW days for not listening to his coaches. Sounds like there was a bit of a sit-down, clear the air with Triple H that got him to knuckle under and then the rest, as they say, is history.

Think the issue was with Terry Taylor.

I'm not sure who it was but the gist seems to be that he still had that very indy mentality of doing everything all the time at 100 miles an hour and they needed him to show he was capable of listening. But anyway, obviously someone got through to him.

Have seen rave reviews for his match with Styles from MITB.

I haven't watched any WWE since MITB but I wanted to say how cool it is to see Seth firing up on Twitter and standing behind the product the WWE is offering. A whole bunch of people were taking him to task and saying he was a hopeless face/champion because he is going against the prescribed IWC narrative but I couldn't disagree more, it is awesome that he is firing up and standing behind the company he is leading in ring at the moment. As if Stone Cold would stand up in the peak of the Attitude Era and not claim that his company was the best or that Ric Flair would finish his matches in '89 and say 'oh but Hogan in the WWF is better than me'. Hell no.

To be fair, I don't think Austin would have said anything at all.

But, your Flair comment is an important one. He often called himself the best on TV, and it was therefore part of his character. Seth on Twitter is viewed as not kayfabe, apparently, yet many stars work kayfabe into their social media.

What he said didn't bug me, and I'm not sure I agree, even if I do watch WWE more than other options. But I still think it was dumb to say,unless his goal was to start this sort of reaction.

See I think it was done to create a bit of a rallying cry. Twitter for wrestlers is a weird blend of kayfabe and non-kayfabe, I suspect this was a bit of both.

There are plenty of people who love the WWE a lot and it has probably felt to them like they are taking an absolute kicking over the last few months. I think this was his attempt to galvanise them and try to rally them as the leader of the company in ring.

If he can bring this fire over to his performance then I'm down for it.

I would've agreed with that if that weird shot at Will Ospreay wasn't thrown in too. I really don't get that one. The other stuff, even if it does come across as phony and ridiculous to some, at least makes sense; you work there, you're trying to rally the troops (both in the locker room and the seats), whatever. The Ospreay shot was just weird and unnecessary considering Ospreay was likely just kidding around with his tweet, and it's even more bizarre that Rollins tried to make it both a simultaneous shot at Ospreay and praise for Ricochet, who is a legit good friend of Ospreay and probably has no idea what Seth was trying to prove either.

I'm not sure he's trying to prove anything. I think he's taken a page out of his girlfriend's book and is just shitposting while trying to keep defending his company.

There's no ill intent behind it, other than to maybe rile up Ospreay a little.

Seth is very confident and probably feels like he has to say something..at the same time, it’s a little annoying cause it’s just talk, it’s not going to lead anywhere and even if it somehow did, can’t prove to be fact like you could in a real sport

Transgender Terror
    Shouldn't the world champion try and defend the people he represents, even if he's "wrong"?

Of course but I just feel like he feels he has to say something, which then turns into a whole lot of nothing.

Like it looks like something was bothering him and has to overcompensate for it
    Last edited by LK3185; 2 Days Ago at 03:45 PM.

The Brain
    Probably not the best timing to drop the comment on the same day he has a main event match that bombs though. Whether you fault him, Corbin, WWE, or all three, feels like it make Seth look a bit foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    Probably not the best timing to drop the comment on the same day he has a main event match that bombs though. Whether you fault him, Corbin, WWE, or all three, feels like it make Seth look a bit foolish.
    It bombed with people with unrealistic expectations. The entire show was previewed as underwhelming, with Corbin in the main event as a complete waste. Yet they were expecting Brock as ref and Corbin to deliver match quality of Okada?

So in my opinion, it didn't bomb. And the performance won the crowd over by the end. That's not a bomb.

The Brain
    My bad, just going off the reactions I've seen. At any rate, didn't sound like it matched up well with what would be called the best pro wrestling on the planet, at least in the way fans tend to think of it in 2019.

It's like T.O.'s momma always told me; one man's bomb is another man's Baron Corbin.

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    Seth is very confident and probably feels like he has to say something..at the same time, it’s a little annoying cause it’s just talk, it’s not going to lead anywhere and even if it somehow did, can’t prove to be fact like you could in a real sport
    But why is it annoying that it can't lead anywhere? Isn't this the kind of stuff fans should be salivating over? If Twitter existed 20 years ago and Michaels and Sting were going back and forth like that, people would have been creaming their pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    But why is it annoying that it can't lead anywhere? Isn't this the kind of stuff fans should be salivating over? If Twitter existed 20 years ago and Michaels and Sting were going back and forth like that, people would have been creaming their pants.
    If Sting and Michaels were on Twitter 20 years ago then Sting would be posting photos of him brooding in the rafters (with mizfan posting "LUGER IS BETTER!" comments after everyone) while Michaels would've been banned at least five times for lewd pictures and one drug fueled rant towards Bret Hart that went too far. In other words, Coach is absolutely right!

Transgender Terror
    I feel like HBK would be more of an Instagram whore.

Transgender Terror
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    It's like T.O.'s momma always told me; one man's bomb is another man's Baron Corbin.
    She would probably use El Dandy as the barometer.

I mean that was the other thing your momma always told me; who are you to doubt El Dandy?

And forget Instagram T.O.; HBK would've been a Snapchat kind of guy.
    Last edited by Cult Icon; 2 Days Ago at 04:55 PM.

If Sting and Michaels were on Twitter 20 years ago then Sting would be posting photos of him brooding in the rafters (with mizfan posting "LUGER IS BETTER!" comments after everyone) while Michaels would've been banned at least five times for lewd pictures and one drug fueled rant towards Bret Hart that went too far. In other words, Coach is absolutely right!
    Wrestling Twitter would be so much more fun if guys still popped somas like candy and drank rivers of alcohol.

Their lives might not be, but Twitter would.

If you follow LA Park's Twitter and know Spanish you can pretty much find the Twitter you're looking for. Also a lot of memes.

Wrestling Twitter would be so much more fun if guys still popped somas like candy and drank rivers of alcohol.

Their lives might not be, but Twitter would.
    I don’t think our society is ready for that level of public debauchery & insanity any more.

Are you kidding? People love a good troll; look at how people trolled Rollins today for, at worst, being an aggressive company shill. People would've been all for people going nuts back then, provided they didn't go full blown Lars Sullivan. Which of course would've happened because Ultimate Warrior would've been around.

I miss when wrestlers did this on LiveJournal.

THERE IS NO GOD AND THE CAGE WASN'T 30 FEET! One of CM Punk's best moments that then led to him getting knocked out by Teddy Hart, one of Teddy's best moments.

'Also, your plan...you ONLY plan is to go to the WWE, perhaps you forgot that you were already there. And you got fired. Idiot.'

The greatest wrestling related LiveJournal post of all time. And no, I'm not saying it because it involves Teddy and Punk, two of my favorite wrestlers ever.

Back to Seth Rollins, who now has apparently said stuff about Jon Moxley on a podcast that will surely cause no controversy at all!

Back to Seth Rollins, who now has apparently said stuff about Jon Moxley on a podcast that will surely cause no controversy at all!
    Now I'm starting to think it's a work.

The Brain
    If it is, I'm wondering where it can go in terms of something onscreen.

Some excerpts of the comments:

Ambrose can do what he wants, he's a big boy. He's got his big boy pants on. He can go out there and say whatever he wants. But the bottom line is - Not everyone is equipped to handle the rigors of the WWE and the schedule and how it affects you mentally and emotionally. Ambrose gave everything he had for the company, he put his heart and soul into the travel and the schedule and the injuries, into y'know... the work in the ring. All that stuff. But at the end of the day he took his ball and went home or went elsewhere at least. And I think it's a little presumptuous of him to get on a podcast and talk down about the company that gave him such opportunities.
    You can talk about these other guys in these other promotions, who think that they are the best in the world or they offer the superior product or whatever but they do not run 500 live events a year. 500 plus live events a year, alright? That is top talent working over 150 matches a year on top of all the travel, on top of all the media, on top of all the training, trying to stay in the best shape so that we actually look like wrestlers. Not two jabronis in gym shorts who get into a ring and do highspots.
    (On whether he's satisfied with his level of contribution to creative)

Absolutely, I'm satisfied with it because I make a point to be satisfied with it. I make a point to contribute my ideas and my thoughts and if I feel strongly about something, the way it should be or the way it should be portrayed I will make my voice heard and look - Not everyone gets that leeway and also not everybody should get that leeway, OK? That's just not how it works. You have to build equity with your audience, with your boss, with your co-workers. You have to build equity over time and then you can get the leeway to have that kind of say in your stories, if that's your complaint. Or you can just stand up for yourself and do it instead of going on somewhere else and bitching about it, you know what I'm saying?

It's nothing really earth shattering. Maybe the stuff about some indy guys who think they're the best...but is it wrong? Because I've met a lot of skinny fat dudes with shit who work once a month, do high spots, get pops and think they're the best in the biz. I get sick of it, too. I see where his gripe is coming from. It's easy to convince people you're the "best" when you work less than other people and are willing to do all the high spots and take all the risky bumps to pop the smart marks. Meanwhile, here's a guy working several nights per week at a high level, listening as the fans turn on his PPV matches (even ones that are well executed) because they don't like the product as a whole.

Everything else is just a disagreement with a friend's perspective. He didn't tell Mox that he could go fuck himself, he just disagreed with his point of view on WWE creative and the grind. There's nothing negative in there unless you specifically want to start shit between people.

Coming out of this week, the one thing I've learned is that I think Rollins and I would get along just great. That crossfit shit would be a point of contention, but that's okay.

How funny is it that the guy who flat out said that the indies were a means to the end of getting to WWE hated the system so much that he left, but the dude that came in as indy as indy can be is the one the prefers the system?

This is way off topic, but I had a thought the other day. I hope that the smart marks flock to AEW. I really do. I hope that they all leave and go to AEW and WWE can work on cultivating a new fan base that isn't just trying to get themselves over with chants, begging for everything to be a 72 star in-ring match and changes their minds on what's good and what's not with the wind.

Now that I've read it, the only controversy will be anti-WWE fans angry that anyone is defending WWE. The butthurt will be enormous, and illogical.

The Brain
    I thought it came off kind of condescending and dismissive, but everyone's got a right to their opinion.

This is way off topic, but I had a thought the other day. I hope that the smart marks flock to AEW. I really do. I hope that they all leave and go to AEW and WWE can work on cultivating a new fan base that isn't just trying to get themselves over with chants, begging for everything to be a 72 star in-ring match and changes their minds on what's good and what's not with the wind.
    It could easily change with time as they start to run more frequently, but worth mentioning that neither All In or Double or Nothing featured any kind of hijacking chants or crowd goofing off. I really think you eliminate a lot of that stuff if you put on a product that engages the crowd.

I think it’s weird for Rollins to have this sort of take about a supposed friend. Great that you love WWE dude but it doesn’t invalidate what Mox went through and to imply that Mox couldn’t handle the schedule is another thing. Mox complained about very specific things. Seth’s perspective isn’t Mox and he comes off annoyed that Mox would complain just cause Mox had opportunity

Why couldn’t Seth just say ‘I’m happy that my friend is happy, I’m trying my best to make things work here and don’t have issues he might have had’

He worked with Mox for 8 years and doesn’t seem to know him at all.
    Last edited by LK3185; 1 Day Ago at 03:02 PM.

To me the biggest problem of the thing, regardless of what side of the fence you're on, is Seth stating Mox took his ball and went home. HUH?! Unless I missed something not only did Moxley give proper notice, but he then worked out the rest of his contract and put over everyone he was asked to put over. That is as far and away from what Steve Austin, CM Punk and Pac all did, and Seth lumping the guy who is supposed to be his buddy (although I have seen it suggested they weren't actually as close as they've been made out to be) in with that group...it's just not a good idea, especially since it's not even technically true. Plus, having listened to every interview Moxley gave, he was overall not that harsh on the WWE experience. He praised Seth and Roman on his appearance with Wade Keller. He thanked WWE in each appearance and repeatedly stated he hopes the situation there improves because, and I think we'll all agree here, that would be good for wrestling. This isn't CM Punk going scorched earth. Granted I don't think Seth did either, but I also agree with mizfan and Lazyking that some of the wording was condescending, dismissive and above all else weird, even if that wasn't Seth's intent. I'm all for defending where you work, I just think he could've done that while also not bringing this heat on himself.