Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    ^I read that as “tonguing his ballsack” at first and figured it was just a weird British spelling you used. Then flashbacks from Bearly Reviewing Season 1 popped into my head.

I read last night that there are plans for Rollins to face, and dethrone, Brock at Mania. Pinch of salt at this time, I imagine, but an interesting scenario.

Just a little tidbit....

I was in Montreal over the weekend to catch a Canadiens game (amongst other things , and at some point during the game, I think right before the Canadiens came out they used Rollins' theme to get pumped up and excite the crowd. The crowd all cheered Burn It Down, it was cool.

The weekend was long, so sorry for the lack of specifics.

That is very cool to hear. Hopefully that kind of out of wwe usage hells with the case for Rollins to take the next step to the main event.

@Sir_Samuel

Quote Originally Posted by SirSam
    That is very cool to hear. Hopefully that kind of out of wwe usage hells with the case for Rollins to take the next step to the main event.
    Reportedly he will be the one to take the Universal Title from Lesnar.

Twitter: @libsuperstar

I feel like if Seth has a problem it's talking. It always feels like he is reading lines to me. He's a great worker but this is where Dean could show him up. It's not a problem that is unique to him but I could still see it stopping a lot of people from fully connecting with him.

What do you mean, there are scripted promos? Get out.

I would say that is his weakest facet too however he has had some fantastic promos in the past. Obviously there is the stuff opposite Dean last year which was some of his best work but even before that I think the go home promo before his match with Triple H and especially when he 'took over' Take Over San Antonio. The way his voice and hand shook as if he had adrenaline coursing through his veins still gives me goosebumps.

@Sir_Samuel

After last night's RAW with Rollins bringing up Lesnar's name unprovoked, it seems like the WWE setting up Rollins to face Lesnar at Mania.

All signs are pointing to Rollins losing the IC title to Ambrose this weekend to free him up from that.

I know that there needs to be more than one match in this feud, but you can also have Rollins and Ambrose face each other in the rematch at the Rumble. I guess it all depends on if the Elimination Chamber PPV is a RAW event. If it is, then Rollins loses the rematch at the Rumble and neither he or Ambrose are in the Rumble itself. And the Rollins wins the EC for the right to face Lesnar.

Then my best guess is that you Elevate Elias to face Ambrose at Mania for the IC title.
    Last edited by Powder; 1 Week Ago at 08:57 AM.

What do you mean “if Elimination Chamber is a Raw event”? PPVs are co-branded.

Never mind... just woke up and I understand what you meant.

I guess I haven't really noticed that, b/c in the past, the EC has been a brand specific event, and last year was a RAW branded event, which is why Reigns won the EC to face Lesnar after nakamura won the Rumble to face Styles.

It was right after Mania they went back to co-branded. But... if Smackdown wins the Rumble, then the EC match could be just Raw; that’s what I thought you meant.

Yes, I believe so. Who ever wins the Rumble, then the other brand gets the EC to find a #1 contender.

It certainly looks like he is being primed for it. Very exciting not onky because it may mean a completion of Seth's redemption arc but also because Brock seems to have his best matches against opponents that are smaller than him like Bryan or Styles and Seth is in the mould that can bring that kind of fight to him.

@Sir_Samuel

Which is why I believe that they had Rollins bring up Lesnar's name to test how the audience would react to it. And the audience reacted in the best way by booing Lesnar, and cheering for Rollins.

Any chance of a triple threat between Lesnar, Rollins and Ambrose?

Don’t tempt me with a good time Powder.

Still would like it 1-1 so he actually gets the pin on Brock. I hate this idea that Brock can never get beaten I just don’t understand what the long term goal of it all is. It certainly didn’t help Roman and has only served to make everyone else look weak.

@Sir_Samuel

I would doubt it's Brock's idea. He has no problem selling for guys like Bryan and Styles, when in real life, Brock would destroy them in seconds. It's Vince's idea to make the guy who finally pins him look like a savior. It didn't work with Roman, but it might with Rollins.

BUT if they do go with Rollins vs Lesnar 1 v 1, then what does Ambrose do for Mania?

If he is IC champ put him in a high profile match with KO or Balor. He is my favourite wrestler so it isn’t my number 1 choice but right now I think Seth’s ascent to the top is more important for the show in general.

A match with Demon Balor would be pretty awesome and still a feature spot.

Of course I would be a long way from mad if he was part of a triple threat and that may even work well for Rollins if it is done that he has to overcome his greatest imaginable emotional and physical battle. Actually now I think of it that would be pretty awesome too.

I guess I just don’t want Dean to be there so they can together take out Brock and then Dean takes the fall but Brock walks away having only really lost when he was fighting 2-1.
    Last edited by SirSam; 1 Week Ago at 06:37 PM.

@Sir_Samuel

Will KO be back by Mania?

No idea.

@Sir_Samuel

Had a look at various ratings out there and there are four matches of Rollins' in the past year consistently given 8/10 or higher. A large number of 6-8, but just the four routinely getting 8 or above. The Gauntlet, against Miz at Backlash, against KO on Raw, and the tag match at HIAC.

Anyway, just wanted to see what people thought of that. Is four too many? Too few? Or about right?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I'll go have a look but that sounds about right to me, he has had a career year. There was a stretch over the winter where he was the only thing I was regularly looking forward to on the entire main roster.

I would probably add the Summer Slam Ziggler match & Super Show Down 6 man to that list but they are more line ball.

@Sir_Samuel