Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cover Songs

That's a good song, almost doesn't matter who is singing it or the version.

Pretty incredible version of Across The Universe on Like A Version this week.

Enjoying the layering to the vocals on that version, Sam.

Just listening to the Mastadon version of Stairway to Heaven at the moment.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I'm one of those people who rates Stairway to Heave at or around the greatest rock song ever written so covers of it are normally not something I really dig a whole lot, not because I am philosophically against them (lord knows I've played it enough times on guitar) but simply because it is just a very hard song to really add to or do better.

Having said that I had a listen and that one and it was quite good, probably because it more or less stuck to the Stairway formula for the most part. I feel like the sound for the majority of it with the synth and treated voice is an approximation of what Stairway might sound like if it was released today.

On another topic, I posted this one over in my top 100 songs countdown but becasue I think so highly of it I thought I'd post it here too.

The song Droving Woman is written by Aboriginal musician Kev Carmoody but on an album, Cannot Buy My Soul (what a title) where a number of high profile Aussie musicians covered his work three of the biggest names on it teamed up to cover his 21 verse epic tale told by a woman at her husbands grave side.