Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nia Jax

She has the Rock. That's why she even has a job in WWE still. Not saying he does anything but its the main reason she's been given so many oppurtunities.. Rumor is that Alexa and Nia don't even like each other anymore.

I think what's going to happen is they are going to milk this to get a Becky/Nia match and then probably depush her again until people forget how bad a worker she is.

Not saying it wasn't an accident but this is the fourth or fifth time when she's been reckless and nothing has been done besides some time off. When other wrestlers injure people they at the very least stop doing the move if they can't do it safely. if you can't even work a punch, what are we even doing here?
    Last edited by LK3185; 11-24-2018 at 04:33 PM.

If reports are to be believed, yes, Bliss and Nia are supposed to be best friends. And they also DO NOT have the pull or influence that HBK and HHH did.

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    if you can't even work a punch, what are we even doing here?
    Well, Terry Funk would often just punch people for real and he was the NWA champ, so...

Ditto Vader and various world belts.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Its a different time though and even though Vader was stiff, I didn't see many of his punches break a face so to speak. The worst one i saw was against Vader when Hansen knocked Vader's eyeball out... if that happened in WWE today, people would be calling for people to get fired.

I remember Aksana crushed Naomi's oribtal bone. She was let go soon after that.

That's not really relevant to the bit you'd said or my reply, but I'll happily grant that it's a different time and fans will react differently to how they used to.

I'm not even saying Nia should get fired. But because its a different time, not just for fans, also the wrestlers more safety consicous... like I don't think Mick Foley does half the bumps he did back then in today's environment and if he did, it would be in CZW or Japan and no one would care....All that to say, The workers have to be working safer.. and I could say the Nia doesn't even care to be safer because she never gets punished for it.

All I meant to say is that when people like I mentioned - who anyone who has any knowledge recognises as great workers - didn't exactly pull their punches or have great worked punches, you can't make a quote like the above, that implies it is somehow some easy and obvious test of your ability. And while I will agree that the time and audience expectations are different, it is not as if it has fundamentally gotten any easier to throw decent worked punches. The basic difficulty of the act, for the worker, is much the same. So as far as that, time is irrelevant.

That's all I was saying, really.

I recall Lawler saying he neve learned to work a punch so would often just smash people.

Okay I get all that but there's a difference between being stiff and destroying someone's face. Also, if it was me and I was in a brawl type situation, i'd be going light on my punches because typically, eyes totally aren't on you. it was reckless at best and yet she'll be rewarded for that and that makes me think she knew that.

Equally LK, Lana got shit from some corners for working light in that same brawl.

Thing is, Nia's had sloppy moments in the past - she threw Bayley onto her shoulder and put her out of SummerSlam, and there's a Raw match where she dropped Charlotte on her head a couple of times. But then, Rollins retired Sting, broken Cena's face, and injured Balor in, like, a three month period before. Don't remember people calling for him to be fired then.

I wasn't calling for Nia to be fired, like i said but nothing seems to be done at all and that just seems bullshit to me. I wouldn't give Lana shit for working light, its better than fucking one of your colleagues up and putting all the focus on yourself.

As for Seth, the buckle Bomb isn't that dangerous of a move EXCEPT the one giving it has little control over it.. Which Seth has done way less buckle bombs now. The only one I really fault him for is Cena. Also, Bret called him an unsafe worker for months over it.

Samoa Joe can't do the muscle buster anymore... because he ended Tyson Kidd's career with it, even though he did that move a 1000 times without serious injury.

I just feel like Nia is getting a pass. Not from fans but from everyone else when I don't think she should.
    Last edited by LK3185; 11-25-2018 at 05:24 AM.

Brie Bella also caused Liv Morgan to get a concussion. Didn't she get a pass?

Okay I get all that but there's a difference between being stiff and destroying someone's face.
    If you are legit hitting people hard in the face and someone does the same thing accidentally, then the only substantive difference is luck, to be perfectly frank about it. You really don't have to go that badly wrong to leave someone with a black eye or busted nose, and the difference between those injuries and this one is not as great as the unfortunate effects would have you believe.

Anyway, though a lot of people are moving away from wrestling to this as more of a TV show, the people in control are kind of old-school on this question and are going to take an 'accidents happen, let's at least make something out of it". And as long as they are in control that'll be what decides things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    Brie Bella also caused Liv Morgan to get a concussion. Didn't she get a pass?
    You could say she got in pass but she's not a full time performer and was largely not used for the build in Nikki vs. Ronda

You could say she got in pass but she's not a full time performer and was largely not used for the build in Nikki vs. Ronda
    One could argue that even if she was full time at that point, she would still get a pass, though.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    One could argue that even if she was full time at that point, she would still get a pass, though.
    She would get a pass because of who she's with in the company.. just like Nia's ties with The Rock. They would also probably lessen her role though since she's never really been pushed solo except against Steph. Nia is getting another push, for a title match and likely a match with Becky. This after multiple issues.

No one has been given more chances to succeed with less ability than Nia.
    Last edited by LK3185; 11-25-2018 at 10:26 PM.

Whens the last time someone was really punished for something like this though?

Thinking about it, Seth used it for heat. Joe used it after injuring Seth. Just a couple off the top of my head, I'm sure theres more. It's the nature of the business, you go with whats hot. Nia has real actual crowd heat (a rarity nowadays), why not use it. I'm not saying she should be given a six month title reign but a marquee match so that we can all cheer at the baddy getting beat up, fuck yeah.

Seth and Joe are bad analogies, though. Yeah... they’ve fucked people up in the past. But they don’t have a history of doing it time and again. (We’ll forget about Seth for a moment... yeah, he fucked up Balor and Sting... but that’s the exception to the rule.) Nia seems to just fuck up everythikg all the time.

The Joe thing on Seth was a minor injury if I recall that didn't cost Seth anything, really. He still got his Mania match with Triple H. Also, Seth can't be held entirely responsible for a buckle bomb move when his opponent lands wrong. its not a move that has much protection anyway.

Nia has injured several women on basic moves that most wrestlers can do effectively, She put someone who was red hot with the company out for who knows how long for, its a concussion after all. If this was the first incident... okay, shit happens, use it, but this keeps happening... And now will be on WWE if Nia hurts someone else.

She would get a pass because of who she's with in the company.. just like Nia's ties with The Rock. They would also probably lessen her role though since she's never really been pushed solo except against Steph. Nia is getting another push, for a title match and likely a match with Becky. This after multiple issues.

Nia's punishment could be to job to them both, though.

I think reading this in amongst a run of posts about Brie has given me whiplash

They're going to ride this Nia thing for a while, I think. They have to, into her match with Ronda, at least, and hopefully they bleed that into something with Becky somehow even though they are cross brand. I wonder if they might fit in Becky getting her payback into the Rumble match, just to speed through it and get on to Nia paying her dues if you like.

Seems like it's working. Latest tweet from Nia with the image of her clocking Becky has 700 comments and more than 5k likes.

No other wrestling tweet in my tl has anything like that.

In light of recent events, I am going to bump this thread.

First she enters the mens royal rumble and now she attacks Dean Ambrose last night. What gives?

This is what I posted in the Royal Rumble discussion yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    1. When Nia came in, the WWE screwed themselves again. During the Mixed match challenge and any mixed tag matches now, they stress that a Man must face a man and a woman must face a woman so that a man is not being perceived as beating a woman. I'm completely ok with that, as there aren't anymore Attitude Era spots with women getting the shit kicked out of them. BUT then when Nia came in, all the men were hesitant and I could honestly see in Orton's and Rey's eyes the "ummm, I know what I'm supposed to do, buuuut....I do not want to be called out for hitting Nia".

As I say with everything else, reverse the scenario. Imagine if Mustafa Ali or Rey Mysterio (I deliberately chose smaller men, instead of the largest, like Nia is) let alone Strowman, entered the Woman's Rumble and started beating up some of the Women, it would be perceived as terrible. So why is it ok for the reverse to happen? It is the "What would you do scenario" that posts all over the news, TV shows and youtube. If you see a couple fighting and the man hits the woman, everyone is in an uproar and they go into help, call the cops, etc, but if the woman hits the man, we all laugh or say "good for her, he probably deserves it." Double standard. terrible.
    It is relevant for this discussion.

The lesson is, don't hit women, unless they are morbidly obese and attacking you.

Apparently Nia Jax has some legit backstage heat on her. It stems from her hurting yet another performer...R-Truth. According to Jerry Lawler's podcast after Nia attacked Truth at the Rumble, she threw him face first into the wall and legit hurt his face, and apparently also hurt one of his ankles. Truth was so pissed that he had to be physically restrained backstage.

Nia has been called unsafe by a number of people. She has hurt:

Becky - broken face
    Ember Moon - shoulder
    Charlotte - didn't catch her on a moonsault, spiked Charlotte's head into her knee
    Bayley - shoulder causing her to miss SummerSlam 2017
    Asuka - botched backbreaker
    Zelina Vega - concussion by tossing her around
    Tamina - broken nose

And just when they were going to do something interesting with Nia, she has to injure someone else. It's a shame. I was actually liking where they were going with her.

However, there are rumors that she will be in an intergender match at Mania.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    However, there are rumors that she will be in an intergender match at Mania.
    Maybe vs Braun Strowman. OOF.

I'm guessing here, but probably against a 205 live guy so that the optics are better. Nia eliminated Mustafa Ali at the Rumble, and is 270+ and that would make it at least seem like she has the advantage.