Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    That Bryan promo was fantastic. Great character work by him. There was a time where people thought he wasn't that good of a promo. Boy has he proved that wrong.

“Stoop to your own level. Your nature. Trust yourself. And most importantly... You have to learn what laws are really laws and not… Oppression."

No Andrade Cien Almas, No Rusev, No Nakamara, No Sanity. What are we doing here?

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    No Andrade Cien Almas, No Rusev, No Nakamara, No Sanity. What are we doing here?
    We needed Miz losing to a jobber and two Iiconics matches instead.

“Stoop to your own level. Your nature. Trust yourself. And most importantly... You have to learn what laws are really laws and not… Oppression."

Quote Originally Posted by Macho Mourn View Post
    If WWE were smart they'd sign that jobber. Eli Everfly is a fucking awesome high flyer on the indies with a lot of potential (he's likely to appear on the fifth season of Lucha Underground should it happen). Good on him for getting a nice moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Macho Mourn View Post
    I'm fine with the Iiconics, tbh. What was unneeded was that Thanksgiving feast match thing, whatever you want to call it. I get it, it was a fun comedy skit for the children blah blah blah, but honestly, it wasn't necessary.

At least Miz losing to a jobber hits a big storyline point - it has purpose, it wasn't just done with no sense behind it.

And hey, I love the IIconics and would rather watch two of their matches than one Natalya match, for example.

I find it interesting that the WWE still promotes that the first "ladder match" was at Wrestlemania X with HBK vs Razor Ramon. When in fact there were many ladder matches prior to WM10, some including Bret Hart.

Why do you ask am I bringing this up? Well the main page just reported that the "Latest WWE Hidden Gem" is a ladder match between Jerry Blackwell vs. Colonel DeBeers from an AWA event on November 27, 1986. This completely contradicts the WWE's own statements, which we all know that do all the time. (Face palm)

Here is the link if you do not want to look back....

I seem to remember them promoting the Mania 10 match as the first televised ladder match. I could be wrong about that, though.

WWE is more concerned about promotiong their own history than anyone else's. Plus, its a good marketing tool. I wouldn't wrap myself up in it..

Also, Jake Roberts and Big Daddy Ritter (JYD) had a ladder match in like 79' up in Stampede. Something WWE promoted on the ladder match DVD as one of the first ever ladder matches.
    Last edited by LK3185; 12-07-2018 at 06:06 PM.

I would have loved to have seen a Ruby Riott vs Daphney match. Both women are the alternative HOT.

So with the "Shake up" happening and the McMahons stating that they are not going to stifle the talent, does that imply less scripted promos? God i hope so, the Attitude Era worked so well b/c the wrestlers were able to expand on a basis of ideas, and not speak scripted lines. Let the personalities of the wrestlers shine though.

All it lmplies is less heel authority. There's no behind the scenes change.

If anyone thinks anything different will come of it, I've got some magic beans for sale.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    If anyone thinks anything different will come of it, I've got some magic beans for sale.
    I'll buy those magic beans!!

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    All it lmplies is less heel authority. There's no behind the scenes change.
    That may not be entirely true.

Quote Originally Posted by LWO4Life View Post
    I'll buy those magic beans!!
    I don't want beans, but do you have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale?

This. Reminder that the 'new Raw' featured:

- two lengthy Baron Corbin segments
    - a Baron Corbin match being announced, that then turned into a handicap match - exactly what Corbin was doing when he was 'killing the show' (not to mention it was just a TLC rehash)
    - a match ending in a no contest due to outside interference
    - long promos to set up matches they could’ve just announced
    - Rollins doing the 'disguise' bit that always happens
    - The Tag Team graveyard continuing, whilst featuring a group of ex-NXT wrestlers that haven't had development opportunities on the main roster, whilst advertising a bunch of new NXT call-ups.
    - Elias vs Bobby Lashley
    - All the women fighting in something that is at least Battle Royal adjacent, if not an actual Battle Royal

They can't even 'reboot Raw' on the Raw that they say they're 'rebooting Raw'.

Raw should literally start with a card that says 'Forget about it - just watch Smackdown'. It's worthless as a program right now.

I think its a bit of harsh critique on Raw... Mainly because I didn't see it as a reboot.. its more like we're going to give you new faces, more opportunities for others instead of just giving rematches.. (hence AOP losing their Title rematch... ) oh and no heel authority figures to hold people down kayfabe wise. You had the revival, a popular NXT team win a tag title chance, A women's gauntlet match that showcased everyone and was quite good (the winner is questionable but given the title match is done on a taped raw who cares?) and Baron Corbin can't go around abusing his power.

This doesn't change the fact that the McMahons missed the point about their creative but its better than what they were doing.

Apparently the WWE has made Kenny Omega a really good offer....

https://www.thesportster.com/news/ww...r1LjDZUsIwxUYw

I read that last week too. Not sure what it really means, though. Not sure Kenny will really enjoy working for WWE, I'd probably rather see him working for AEW with his pals.