Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    I mean, why bring in a 45 year old? Push Strowman and give him a title run. Push Lars when he can debut. Use McIntyre. The WWE has their own monsters. Hell you could even make Rusev back into a monster easily.

If Abyss was 10 years younger and the WWE could get 5+ years out of him then sure, but if not then I do not see the point.

Also AJ Styles came into the WWE when he was 38, a full 7 years younger than Abyss currently is.

Kane vs Abyss
    Foley vs Abyss
    Taker vs Abyss

Three feuds that should have happened from 2002-20010.
    Well if you want to get technical, didn't an Abyss vs Foley feud happen in TNA? I know it's not the same promotion, but still.

But Foley was past his prime, and already was limited physically. Imagine a Foley of 97 vs Abyss of 2004?

So the WWE finally revealed the new Daniel Bryan's eco-friendly WWE belt. While I think it is perfect for his gimmick, and will keep people talking, it is a shame really as the belt is ugly.

I am completely surprised that Vince okayed that belt to be the representation of the WWE Championship. The main page is reporting that there was another design that they chose not to use:
    The other design was said to be not as “drastic” as the one that was revealed. The other design included an “eco sourced” strap and “recycled materials” to make up the plates. That design also still had a shine to it.
    I personally, would have rather had that one, sight unseen.

You’re the first person I’ve seen who hated it.

Looks like Bryan is going to have a fairly lengthy title reign. If they were going to have him drop the belt at mania, there'd be no point in having a new title belt at the ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You’re the first person I’ve seen who hated it.
    I don't hate it, I said it was perfect for the character, but it is ugly.

The Smoking Skull belt was cool.
    The Spinner Belt fit the character of Cena and was gawdy, but still ok.
    The Rated-R Spinner Belt, a variation of Cena's.
    And now the Eco-Friendly belt.

Besides those four, have there been any other WWE title made specifically for a champion? I know TNA had the Jeff Hardy Belt.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    Looks like Bryan is going to have a fairly lengthy title reign. If they were going to have him drop the belt at mania, there'd be no point in having a new title belt at the ready.
    And awesome. The WWE needs to keep long title reigns in place, especially with a part timer on the other show.
    Last edited by Powder; 01-30-2019 at 10:30 AM.

The WWE title Bryan had before the Hemp title was ugly too. So much wasted space. Hope they go more traditional with the next title but they won't.

They aren't going to change the design again. That would mean 4 titles need to be remade. Which they should. The red and blue leather is terrible for the Uni Title and Tag Belts.

Ironically the both Women's titles are pretty nice because of how bad the Divas and Women's title used to be.. I like the red and blue backgrounds behind the W's on the white leather.
    Last edited by Powder; 01-30-2019 at 05:29 PM.

There shouldn't be a uniform design for titles though. its boring and lazy.

It's in keeping with UFC, which I think they're going for. They are trying to make those belts appear as equal. The Uni, World, and two women's belts look the same because they are supposed to be perceived as being the same.

I dunno, I like the design for the four of them. I don't know what's meant by "wasted space" but I think that when you look at like the Big Gold Belt, that curly cue design seems really silly and unnecessary. The UK Title is nice-ish, but like the GRR belt had WAY too much going on.

I love the eco friendly wooden belt, and I hope that Bryan is allowed to take it home with him when all is said and done. I just hope that when the old belt is brought back it isn't on Blue leather. I don't hate the idea of blue accents (and red with the Universal Title) but having colour coded straps for them is a little on the nose and ties that belt forever to that brand. I miss when Batista could get drafted to Raw with the WHC and he could come over with it.

I wonder based on the Women's Tag Team Titles if there might be a new Men's Tag Team Title design coming down the pipe.

All I want is for the WWE to change the leather on the Universal Title from red to black. That would make the title much better. Keep the red behind the W and it pops.

The Women's titles are really sharp b/c they have this basic concept down. The red background and the blue backgrounds on white leather.

Then whenever the WWE reverts back to the WWE title, not the eco-friendly belt, they will keep that title design as it was, with the black background.

And the tag straps should not have red and blue leather either.

Honestly, if they're going to make the womens tag titles universally defended on both brands, the same should happen to the mens titles. Hell, just have 1 tier 1 mens singles title as well. Same with the midcard belts.

Completely agree. But there are rumors that with AEW, Vince is finally going to be pushing the tag divisions on both brands, hence the pairing of Rusev and Nakamura. He needs more teams, and he needs to make a true division on both brands.

I think he is getting nervous about AEW. Apparently Vince has been having meetings with talent, trying to lock them up with new deals to keep them from leaving. He also knows that AEW will have a good tag division.

Change is taking place, slowly, but it is happening.

You can put all the teams together you want, if they don't have any good stories, no one will give a shit. Same with locking up talent. They're not assured of better creative... Just more money to pacify them (which is totally fine, i don't blame them, i just don't see creative changing as long as Vince is in charge)

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Completely agree. But there are rumors that with AEW, Vince is finally going to be pushing the tag divisions on both brands, hence the pairing of Rusev and Nakamura. He needs more teams, and he needs to make a true division on both brands.

I think he is getting nervous about AEW. Apparently Vince has been having meetings with talent, trying to lock them up with new deals to keep them from leaving. He also knows that AEW will have a good tag division.

Change is taking place, slowly, but it is happening.
    He needs more teams? He has sanity and The Good brothers, which he has done absolutely nothing with on Smackdown. The issue isn't needing more tag teams. The issue is actually using the ones you currently have.

Nakamara and Rusev, though? How does that make sense? There's a lack of continuity here. Randy orton and Nakamara would have made a lot more sense given that they never actually feuded and did have a feud with Owens and Zayne. But Rusev and nakamara are suppose to hate each other.

Well, it literally is a wait and see situation. If Vince is worried at all about AEW and is putting emphasis on the tag division, the Revival asking for their release and supposedly getting a big push coming, other asking for their release, Ambrose not re-signing, then he will have to finally agree to change the product. Performers will choose to leave, or no re-sign. He will have to allow for less Hokey stuff and more professional wrestling.

We can only wait, but there have been hints already at change.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    He needs more teams? He has sanity and The Good brothers, which he has done absolutely nothing with on Smackdown. The issue isn't needing more tag teams. The issue is actually using the ones you currently have.

Nakamara and Rusev, though? How does that make sense? There's a lack of continuity here. Randy orton and Nakamara would have made a lot more sense given that they never actually feuded and did have a feud with Owens and Zayne. But Rusev and nakamara are suppose to hate each other.

If he is going to make a true tag division, he will need 8ish teams to have many feuds going at once, not just New Day, the Bar and the Usos. I was including Sanity and the Club into the tag division.

You have
    The Usos
    The Bar
    New Day
    Sanity
    The Club
    Rusev/Nakamura
    Shane/Miz
    and if/when Harper comes back Harper/Rown under Bryan's tutelage.
    Last edited by Powder; 02-01-2019 at 12:18 PM.

The actual product has not gone away from the hokey stuff or comedy tho... that's WWE/ Vince's thing. AEW is a threat because they offer real competiton money wise now but its also a waits and see of how big their base is and how much money Khan is willing to lose to get it off the ground.

I think Vince is playing a game cause he knows he has to give raises anyway because of the rights deals.

Nothing will truly change though unless Vince isn't in charge.

I love this...

IMG_0774.jpg

Sure. As long as they pay me an NWA like deposit so they can carry it around as champion should they win my title.

“How great the tremors will be when the judge comes."

Ahhh...A Flair type of thing. So you show up on WWE TV and they blur your belt.

They can't afford me.

“How great the tremors will be when the judge comes."

Try AEW.

I'm not whining about EC3's treatment on the main roster so far because he's 1-1, whatever, but you'd think a guy like that you'd want to give him a freaking microphone right away. Baffling.

Another one of Vince's stupid 'tests'

That's probably going to be his thing. No one letting him talk.

Arn Anderson was released. I wonder if, at 60, he just wants to get off the road or what. I hope that this isn't something where they decided that he was "too old" or something, because that guys got a wicked mind for both the psychology and physiology of pro wrestling and is a tag team expert.

On the tag team note, do yourself a favour and listen to this week's Jim Cornette Experience where he reviews Raw. Specifically, where he's really hard on the tag team psychology of the Lashley/Rush/Ricochet/Balor match, and gets really nitpicky with the Revival/DIY match. It's fascinating to hear, to me at least.

The Brain
    I hope there's a top spot in AEW for Arn, if he wants it. I'd love it if he was actually onscreen in any capatcity but I'd think he'd be invaluable as a producer or consultant as well.

I would almost guarantee he winds up in AEW. He's close with Cody's family, he's highly respected as mizfan pointed out; unless he's just going into retirement it makes perfect sense. I expect he'll be there shortly.

Dillinger, Itami and TJP released
    Last edited by Rob S.; 02-22-2019 at 03:44 PM.

I'm glad Dillinger wants to spread his wings and fly but not sure how successful he will be. Nice to see KENTA back though.

And AEW should pass on Arn. They don't need him. Be different, not the same.

The thing with Arn is that he's great in a backstage capacity. How many young, relatively inexperienced, guys are on that roster that could benefit from some old school feedback from a guy like Arn?

But I hope the guy's just retiring. He worked hard for a long time, he should go home and put his feet up with a beer.

I actually believe that Impact would be a better fit for him at this point than AEW. If AEW wants to do weekly tapings, that's the WWE grind all over again. But Impact taping every few months means minimal travel and and the ability to be essentially retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob S. View Post
    Dillinger, Itami and TJP released
    Who?

(yes I am being sarcastic)

Well you don't watch 205 live so TJP hasn't been seen on the main tv in about a year i think lol.... and Tye hasn't been seen since a seg with Nakamura..

People on twitter were screaming spring cleaning when two of the guys asked to be released in the last week.. Hardly a cleaning.

I know who all three are, it is just that all three releases will not impact anything in the WWE.

Dillinger was a bust almost immediately.
    Itami kept getting hurt and killed his pushes, and there is no where for a guy like him to go in the WWE.
    And TJP flopped hard on the main roster as well. Neville was amazing before he left, but the TJP/Kendrick story was meh.

Dillenger got over on his own and they stopped putting him on TV. I'm not saying he's anything special (he isn't) but it's not like they got behind him at any point.

Apparently, WWE has re-hired Bruce Prichard in a full-time creative role.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    Dillenger got over on his own and they stopped putting him on TV. I'm not saying he's anything special (he isn't) but it's not like they got behind him at any point.
    I'm not sure Dillinger really got over on his own so much has had the most basic level of character shit that meant everyone could chant the same thing at him.

Like, nobody was cheering 'Dill-in-ger, Dill-in-ger' during matches. It was just chanting 'Ten!' constantly.

Unfortunately, there just isn't space for everyone. And besides, Tye's place can be handily taken by Bugenhagen.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    I'm not sure Dillinger really got over on his own so much has had the most basic level of character shit that meant everyone could chant the same thing at him.

Like, nobody was cheering 'Dill-in-ger, Dill-in-ger' during matches. It was just chanting 'Ten!' constantly.

Unfortunately, there just isn't space for everyone. And besides, Tye's place can be handily taken by Bugenhagen.
    Yeah, pretty much this. He hit on a word people could chant and was over more ironically than in reality, I think. It's one of those hipster wrestling things, and unfortunately that crowd is more than happy to move on to the next chantable thing when it comes along.

I agree his reaction is all because of him chanting 10, but if it works maybe it could have been a jumpstart to something.

I attended Wrestlemania and NXT in Orlando during his peak and "TEN" was getting shouted more than anything else. I'm sure the WWE didn't want people chanting TEN every time the ref counted but I enjoyed it.

Let's face it though, like many he's a casualty of just way too many people and not enough time.