Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 441 to 480 of 540
  1. #441
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    No it is not. And no, Vince would not give us Tucker vs Roode or Cesaro vs Ricochet, but he would/could rethink on who he would have win, and how. Not give us the same old WWE stuff, where mostly everything is as transparent as glass.

    For instance, since Dynamite was a really, really good show. It was not perfect, but it was much better than NXT, I can see Vince now definitely putting the Universal Title on The Fiend to generate a buzz, when prior to the show it was still up in the air.

    I would think that there will be more shocking results in matches, like Reigns and Bryan losing, with Reigns taking another clean pinfall loss, and not giving us the same old, same old, Reigns wins and overcomes again...yawn.

    As much as I do not want it to happen, I can see both Women's titles changing hands again to generate interest.

    Finally I can see some NXT people doing something at the PPV to attempt to get people to watch NXT over Dynamite, but what, I have no idea.

    But yes, I think that the success of Dynamite last night will cause Vince to change up some things, but he may not be changing the matches, but the results in order to keep people watching his product rather than AEW.
    Would Charlotte winning again generate interest, though? I don't know about everyone else here, but I personally Charlotte having yet another title reign in as short of a time as her main roster career been. I don't think I'm the only one out there who doesn't want to see that happen. Besides, I like Bayley's new heel persona and how it's coming along. I'm not quite ready to see her lose the belt.

    I think Fiend winning the title is already a forgone conclusion. Aside from the scenario I proposed a little while back, there is no other outcome. Having The Fiend lose his second PPV match doesn't sit well. This is why I don't think The Fiend should have been challenging for the title so soon, because now he has to win.

    I don't know if Reigns and Bryan winning would be Reigns overcoming since the sides are even now that Bryan is tagging. Maybe if it was Harper and Rowan vs Reigns in a handicap match, Reigns winning would be overcoming.

    If the WWE wanted to, they could start an angle where NXT invades the main roster at Hell in a cell. That would create a lot of buzz and could set up some interesting NXT vs main roster feuds heading into survivor series instead of the usual smackdown vs raw stuff they have been doing.

  2. #442
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,925
    I agree that Charlotte winning would not be a huge thing, but I honestly feel that the WWE needs to do something. I know what Pen wrote, and what I did, but I feel that AEW won the night last night, and has a bigger buzz around them, so the WWE should respond in kind tomorrow on Smackdown and Sunday at HIAC.

    Charlotte is NOT the answer, but titles changing hands is always an option. I like your idea of a true NXT invasion, but what about something not as big as a full blown invasion. Tomasso just returned and Balor did too, and if you include Riddle into the mix, then you have 4 guys in the main event picture for NXT with Adam Cole. Admittedly I am not that well versed in NXT yet, but I do not think outside of Baszler, there is another woman on the roster that is a star...yet. so why not have Baszler come and cost Charlotte the match against Bayley? Then you have either the biggest or the second biggest (depending on who you ask) Woman's wrestler going to the Yellow brand to challenge Baszler. (I know the irony of my talking about Charlotte in a positive way BTW.) That could be big. Charlotte vs Baszler on NXT for the NXT title.

    Further more about how Vince can and will change his product is the Tag Division. It is clear that AEW has a legit tag division, with many teams. The WWE for years had nothing, but they are coming back. Vince may finally have to admit that tag wrestling is good and when done right, is amazing.
    Last edited by Powder; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:58 AM.

  3. #443
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    I agree that Charlotte winning would not be a huge thing, but I honestly feel that the WWE needs to do something. I know what Pen wrote, and what I did, but I feel that AEW won the night last night, and has a bigger buzz around them, so the WWE should respond in kind tomorrow on Smackdown and Sunday at HIAC.

    Charlotte is NOT the answer, but titles changing hands is always an option. I like your idea of a true NXT invasion, but what about something not as big as a full blown invasion. Tomasso just returned and Balor did too, and if you include Riddle into the mix, then you have 4 guys in the main event picture for NXT with Adam Cole. Admittedly I am not that well versed in NXT yet, but I do not think outside of Baszler, there is another woman on the roster that is a star...yet. so why not have Baszler come and cost Charlotte the match against Bayley? Then you have either the biggest or the second biggest (depending on who you ask) Woman's wrestler going to the Yellow brand to challenge Baszler. (I know the irony of my talking about Charlotte in a positive way BTW.) That could be big. Charlotte vs Baszler on NXT for the NXT title.

    Further more about how Vince can and will change his product is the Tag Division. It is clear that AEW has a legit tag division, with many teams. The WWE for years had nothing, but they are coming back. Vince may finally have to admit that tag wrestling is good and when done right, is amazing.
    Bazler and her goons interfering in both of the womens title matches was an idea I was considering (and mentioned before). This could set up an eventual horsewoman vs Bazler, Ronda and the other 2 MMA women tag match in the future like Wrestlemania or Summerslam once Ronda is ready to return. As far as other NXT women being a star goes, I am very high on Shirai. Also, Rhea Ripley is a good choice too. I like the idea of Charlotte vs Bazler for the NXT womens title ,but do you have Charlotte win there? Or is that a vehicle for my tag match idea?

    I found it a little odd that Balor is back on NXT, but I suppose they had to do something to create some more buzz for NXT. My NXT invasion idea could work here with Balor coming back as the Demon interfering in The Fiend's match, BUT I'd rather that did not happen for the reasons I have already stated about The Fiend vs. Rollins. Also, I don't think Balor has a reason to tangle with The Fiend again since The Fiend won clean.

  4. #444
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,294
    Balor's back to take his rightful place - 205 Live.

    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    For instance, since Dynamite was a really, really good show. It was not perfect, but it was much better than NXT,
    You can stop lying, Powder.

    As far as HiaC goes, it's a throwaway B-show (if not C-show) with WWE already starting to look at the next PPV Blood Money IV over it. I don't think they care, to be honest, and would expect that nothing interesting happens on the show just for 'creating a buzz' sake. They should put the belt on The Fiend, but we've already discussed that to death so it wouldn't really be a shock.

    To be, the best thing they might be able to do is finally hit Dark Bayley and give you a fully interesting new character. I'm enjoying Bayley Is My Role Model, but going all in and making her Sasha levels of heel would be killer right now.

    Thing is, we can speculate, but there are only three matches to speculate on - Fiend/Rollins, Becky/Sasha, and Roman & Bryan vs Rowan & Harper. That third one is almost DoA anyway, Becky/Sasha isn't going to change anything regardless of winner, so the only 'interesting' thing we can see from here is the Fiend winning.

    Now, if they add some interesting matches with different potential outcomes, we might be able to look at that card and work out the interesting things.

    Equally, if Brock wins on Friday, I doubt you get a WWE Championship match at HiaC. Ali vs Nakamura isn't that interesting regardless of outcome. AJ vs...what, Cedric again? There's nothing they can do on this show that's going to rock the WWE world on it's axis.

    If there is to be a kickback against AEW, I think it'll be more visible on Raw next week, and with the draft.
    Last edited by Oliver; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:37 AM.

  5. #445
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,925
    Ok. I’m lying.

  6. #446
    I thought NXT was a far superior show, but I enjoy NXT a lot. One show ends with the greatest sports entertainer in this damn business, and the other ends with Jack Swagger. That said I still looked forward to watching AEW as well and will be watching again next week.

  7. #447
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    For instance, since Dynamite was a really, really good show. It was not perfect, but it was much better than NXT…
    In your opinion. It doesn’t mean Vince is quaking in his boots because Powder thought AEW was better. Again, as far as I’ve seen, you’re in the minority on this opinion. It doesn’t mean you’re wrong, but it also means I doubt Vince is worried that a minority part of the WWE audience needs to be catered to all of a sudden because they felt Dynamite was better than their 3rd brand. You’re being silly now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    I can see Vince now definitely putting the Universal Title on The Fiend to generate a buzz, when prior to the show it was still up in the air.
    How do you state this like it’s a fact? In what world do you know this to be 100% true? If the Fiend wins the title, are you going to be here Sunday night and telling us “I told you Dynamite forced Vince’s hand”??? If you do, are you going to ignore how the Fiend has obviously been the top star of WWE (other than Brock) over the last couple of months? You’re not just being silly, you’re being ridiculous.

    Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    Bazler and her goons interfering in both of the womens title matches was an idea I was considering (and mentioned before). This could set up an eventual horsewoman vs Bazler, Ronda and the other 2 MMA women tag match in the future like Wrestlemania or Summerslam once Ronda is ready to return. As far as other NXT women being a star goes, I am very high on Shirai. Also, Rhea Ripley is a good choice too. I like the idea of Charlotte vs Bazler for the NXT womens title ,but do you have Charlotte win there? Or is that a vehicle for my tag match idea?
    NXT womens title division is arguably the best division in WWE right now. Lots of options as you pointed out. But, most of them need to get USA exposure before getting a shot. Io got the big win last night, but they won’t book heel vs heel. So either someone is turning soon, or Rhea Ripley will get in the mix, or Bianca Belair…etc.

    If they move Shayna onto Raw or SD, it’ll be interesting, but I think there’s no reason to move her to another roster just yet. First, Duke and Shafir both need more work, and aren’t ready for the Raw or SD circuit. Keep them in NXT to work the PC and Florida tour, while still getting TV exposure on NXT. Second, but it made sense to elevate people to the main roster before, but now that NXT is on USA, I have a feeling more of the talent will be staying, or staying longer than we’ve seen in the last 5 years. There’s still the story of unseating Shayna to tell, and passing them up wouldn’t be wise. I agree that Shayna is an incredible challenger for Becky, Sasha, Charlotte, or Bayley, but SD and Raw have their own rosters to use. They aren’t lacking for talent to push.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    As far as HiaC goes, it's a throwaway B-show (if not C-show) with WWE already starting to look at the next PPV Blood Money IV over it. I don't think they care, to be honest, and would expect that nothing interesting happens on the show just for 'creating a buzz' sake. They should put the belt on The Fiend, but we've already discussed that to death so it wouldn't really be a shock.
    This is one major drawback to the WWE Network, as PPVs aren’t delivered the same way. AEW will likely have better cards for their PPVs because they need to sell them individually. WWE can slack off on a B or C show like this because they aren’t generating extra subscriptions for Hell in a Cell with their current shows (I’ll get to this in a moment), nor are people going to be canceling since WWE is riding a decent high right now with this week’s Premiere theme.

    That said, barring a spectacle match, I don’t think WWE could have booked any new matches for HIAC that would sell the show more. It’s odd that they only have a few matches booked, but the types of matches missing are the types of matches that fill the card without selling it. Midcard/tag titles for example. Plus, if they announce some matches on Friday’s SDL that might carry that previously mentioned high to garner extra subs for Sunday. I doubt it, but I’m thinking that’s the strategy. I think it’s pretty obvious that Fox will end with a match booked for the WWE Champion at HIAC. Not exactly a cliffhanger, but something at the end for Sunday that will have people wanting to follow to the Network to watch. Consider how Fox is likely going to get newer viewers, maybe even people who have never heard of the WWE Network. They hear “free for new subscribers” and then some hook to end the show for Sunday’s PPV, and suddenly you get some new subs. I don’t know how many, but likely some.

  8. #448
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,925
    Main page is reporting that Edge is most likely cleared for an in ring return.

    If that is the case, who does he face? I'm guessing that at 45 years old, and that he was forced to medically retire, he wants one more match, to go out on his own terms. I'm speculating that he does not want a full schedule, but some RAW/Smackdown appearances where he can get physical. and then one last match. I would also guess that his match would be at WM.

    So that begs the question of; who does he face?

    I would also speculate that if Edge is going to have one last match, then it cannot be against any top mainevent talent as he will already be in a Mania program. Unless there is a 6 month to a year contract, then you can have a program with Rollins or Owens.

  9. #449
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    898
    Give Christian one more match, as well, and let two best friends get a proper sendoff together at the same time. Hell... if Edge hadn’t already left their podcast, they could’ve started the tease to a match on there.

  10. #450
    Super Moderator Team Farrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    591
    Maybe he wants some of that sweet, sweet oil money, baby!

    Then it could be against literally anyone on the roster.

    If it's at Mania...Bryan would probably take good care of him because he "gets" it. Miz is pretty safe in-ring. Orton and he have history to play off at least. He was Cena's arch rival for a while.

    That's the thing. He's been gone so long that there are very few obvious people who he has history with left and a tippy top guy might not be the right call like it would be with Austin.

    Fuck it, ship him off to AEW and do Edge vs Jericho.

  11. #451
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    480
    I'm not the best person to contribute, as I was never an Edge-head. So, I don't see the value of bringing him back, unless it's to put some future star over.

    With that in mind, and if I pretend to believe the rumors, I believe whoever it would be against would be a heel. It's not that Edge can't get heat, because if there is a list of legends who can come back and get heat as a heel, Edge is on that list. But what would be the point? It would take more effort than it's worth. So may as well feed off the easy face reaction he'll get, and feud with an upcoming heel.

    Here's where we run into the problem: WWE's youth brigade is very face oriented. All the talents that seem to be on the cusp of a push towards something major are babyfaces: Aleister Black, Ricochet, Ali, Big E, Chad Gable, Kevin Owens, Rusev...

    Who is left? The Fiend, Andrade, King Corbin... nothing that seems to fit.

    Andrade deserves it, but everytime they seem to start something serious with him, WWE backs up a step. So I'm not seeing them giving the Edge rub.
    King Corbin honestly isn't a terrible choice. The King gimmick invites Edge back naturally, as Edge is a former King of the Ring winner. And Randy Orton apparently tweeted recently about how safe Baron is to work with - that's an asset to a fused neck Edge. But, it would feel like overkill to give Baron ANOTHER opportunity to such a huge degree. I'm not against it, but it feels like King Corbin is doing pretty good without this sort of rub, and a win over Edge wouldn't add all that much right now.
    It's possible Fiend makes sense as he's been attacking legends, so that at least fits. And Fiend's gimmick fits into Edge's strength as a performer, which is gimmick matches. Overall it's the most logical choice. But I feel like Fiend would be more focused on something more permanent. With his gimmick not needing him in the ring too often (for now, at least), it would mean a lot of Edge staring at the screen from the ring. With a legend, that would get tiresome. At least Seth could be involved with a match before or after a Funhouse segment on the tron. Edge will be very limited.

    So I just don't see it.

    But... then there's Drew McIntyre...

  12. #452
    He can always give someone the rub, like Trish did for Charlotte. AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Nakamara are all good options.

  13. #453
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    898
    Does AJ really need the rub? I mean, he’s already pretty much considered one of the greatest in the modern era, and if rumors are to be believed, his career is coming close to an end.

  14. #454
    Okay, then I'll back an earlier suggestion of King Corbin. When you think about it, he already beat a former king of the ring in Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania.

  15. #455
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,294
    Ah, Edge vs Undertaker at Super Showdown 2020. Excellent, I already can't wait.

  16. #456
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    671
    I'm all for a dude or dudette going out on their own terms but Edge returning seems like the most unnecessary idea ever. The injury that forced him to retire is no joke and I'm pretty certain that doesn't go away, so for starters you'd be running out a 46 year old dude with a bad neck. Even with the safest worker that's a risk. And what match are people really dying to see Edge in these days? We've seen all the matches he had with rivals like Cena, Taker, The Hardys, Triple H and Orton a million times and Brock Lesnar's style and Edge's neck seem like a bad idea. None of the young guys vs. Edge is all that appealing either unless you yourself are really into an individual worker. Frankly the only match I think that would perk my interest up at all involving Edge would be him reuniting with Christian to face The Young Bucks, and I really don't need to see that either. If I were him I'd just let it lie. He had an awesome career. I know these Saudi pay days are good but beyond that why come back for a match that isn't going to really interest people, that probably won't be all that good and most importantly could affect your health if something does go wrong?


  17. #457
    Super Moderator Team Farrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    I'm all for a dude or dudette going out on their own terms but Edge returning seems like the most unnecessary idea ever. The injury that forced him to retire is no joke and I'm pretty certain that doesn't go away, so for starters you'd be running out a 46 year old dude with a bad neck. Even with the safest worker that's a risk. And what match are people really dying to see Edge in these days? We've seen all the matches he had with rivals like Cena, Taker, The Hardys, Triple H and Orton a million times and Brock Lesnar's style and Edge's neck seem like a bad idea. None of the young guys vs. Edge is all that appealing either unless you yourself are really into an individual worker. Frankly the only match I think that would perk my interest up at all involving Edge would be him reuniting with Christian to face The Young Bucks, and I really don't need to see that either. If I were him I'd just let it lie. He had an awesome career. I know these Saudi pay days are good but beyond that why come back for a match that isn't going to really interest people, that probably won't be all that good and most importantly could affect your health if something does go wrong?
    Edge vs Jericho. Just do it.

  18. #458
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    671
    I've seen that before too though! That's the problem. We're talking about either new matches for Edge that quite frankly have no appeal at all, or we're talking about him wrestling guys he already wrestled years ago when he wasn't 46 and didn't have a serious neck injury. If we were talking about there being a big money match for Edge out there then I get coming out of retirement. I just don't see any option out there, in WWE, AEW or anywhere, that's worth him getting back in the ring. He's got nothing left to prove.


  19. #459
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,277
    A couple mil of that saudi money is nice though in between guest acting spots

  20. #460
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    671
    Sure which is probably why he'll do it. Still doesn't mean it's a good idea.


  21. #461
    Super Moderator Team Farrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    I've seen that before too though! That's the problem. We're talking about either new matches for Edge that quite frankly have no appeal at all, or we're talking about him wrestling guys he already wrestled years ago when he wasn't 46 and didn't have a serious neck injury. If we were talking about there being a big money match for Edge out there then I get coming out of retirement. I just don't see any option out there, in WWE, AEW or anywhere, that's worth him getting back in the ring. He's got nothing left to prove.
    But does, say, Orton vs Edge appeal maybe not to you but to a WWE fan as a "big money" match? You could say the same thing about Austin coming back, that there's no match with a built-in build, but I sort of think that's remedied by weeks or months of TV build.

    Does Edge vs Jericho appeal maybe not to the primary hardcore AEW demo but a guy like me who's on the fence literally every time when it comes to spending that money on an AEW PPV?

    Edge isn't a guy with a built-in angle, but you can always build an angle that interests people.

    When it comes to the injury, I'm sure you'll remember that I was against even the concept of Daniel Bryan coming back, but he did. So in my mind, this is no different. If he's being told he's good to go, even if it's just for one more match, and WWE's doctors agree then I'm not going to fault him a payday. I don't love the idea. I don't want to see anyone get seriously hurt. But if he's being told that the chances are minimized, then make your money I guess. There's also the idea that he and Beth's oldest is probably at about that right age to be able to remember their dad wrestling, so maybe he wants that.

  22. #462
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,277
    I think the WWE fan that loved Edge wouldnt care who he wrestled as long as he got one more match..its not fair to compare him to Austin but if we are talking the type of fan that loves this sort of thing and older stars and not people like us, Edge would be pretty big

    Having said that, it has its limits and I personally don’t really care to see Edge wrestle again. i enjoyed his run but even 9 years ago he was slowing down as a performer

    Would be more interested if he came back as a manager and did the occasional spear

  23. #463
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,294
    You're all not thinking big enough.

    Edge Vs LA Park, hair Vs mask, TripleMania 2020.

  24. #464
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    671
    I'm pretty sure it's going to be Rush vs. LA Park, hair vs. mask, at that event Ollie. Although that may change if the formation of a new promotion happens in the wake of CMLL's hot mess.


  25. #465
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,277
    Is a real shame Edge never lost his hair in a match

  26. #466
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    480
    Was Randy Orton an obvious opponent in 2004 for Mick Foley? OR was Edge obvious for Mick in 2006? They made the stories great, but both those matches were essentially just the legend coming to put over the next generation. I'm confident Edge is doing the exact same thing, and therefore doesn't need to be an obvious opponent, but more like a strong choice to main event in 2020 or 2021

  27. #467
    Transgender Terror
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    307
    Orton vs Foley is low-key one of my favorite stories ever.

    Shut the fuck up, Powder.

  28. #468
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    480
    Agreed with TO. With access to downloading from the WWE Network, I've decided to edit my own collections. Cult knows I've been doing "feuds" more than anything. And Foley vs Orton was the 2nd one I did. I put a video playlist together of every segment, from Mick signing a book for Vince backstage that led to Randy kicking him down the MSG stairs, to the Backlash 2004 match of the night. I think it's about 25 segments long.

    I also did Roberts vs Rude.

  29. #469
    Transgender Terror
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    307
    I sometimes wonder if they had the Mania match and such in mind when they booked the MSG stuff way back in June 2003. Like, in general how much stuff that has a long booking history is intentional, and how much is just lucked into by happenstance?

    I also wonder that about The Streak. When did they first realize it, as opposed to when they started marketing it around WM 17 or so.

  30. #470
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,925
    Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    Orton vs Foley is low-key one of my favorite stories ever.

    Shut the fuck up, Powder.
    What the fuck did i say? Nothing. So go rub off.

  31. #471
    Super Moderator Team Farrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by PEN15v2 View Post
    Agreed with TO. With access to downloading from the WWE Network, I've decided to edit my own collections. Cult knows I've been doing "feuds" more than anything. And Foley vs Orton was the 2nd one I did. I put a video playlist together of every segment, from Mick signing a book for Vince backstage that led to Randy kicking him down the MSG stairs, to the Backlash 2004 match of the night. I think it's about 25 segments long.

    I also did Roberts vs Rude.
    I just watched Backlash 2004. I've watched so much random shit recently, ever since the Network started doing themed weeks. They had an IC title focused one that featured that match not too long ago and it caused me to watch the whole show.

    Same thing happened randomly with 2002 Raws. The one where Brock signs exclusively to Smackdown popped up because I think it features the IC/Hardcore Title unification match, and so I watched that week's Smackdown just to see what was up, and then the next Raw, and the next Smackdown and so on.

    I completely forgot that, while Triple H was handed the title, he wrestled Ric Flair in a really good match later that night. A lot of the backlash on that whole decision probably would have been avoided if Ric had just interrupted the segment like he did and Eric had made their match for the WHC. Nothing on that show has to change whatsoever except for Bubba Ray's promo on Triple H.

  32. #472
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    What the fuck did i say? Nothing. So go rub off.
    I think he just doesn't like you

  33. #473
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,925
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    I think he just doesn't like you

  34. #474
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,294
    Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    I sometimes wonder if they had the Mania match and such in mind when they booked the MSG stuff way back in June 2003. Like, in general how much stuff that has a long booking history is intentional, and how much is just lucked into by happenstance?

    I also wonder that about The Streak. When did they first realize it, as opposed to when they started marketing it around WM 17 or so.
    I think they stumbled into The Streak, largely because Taker rarely if ever had a Mania opponent he should lose to in those early years. The only argument I'd say is that he could have lost the first match vs Kane, but really that was built for Taker to win the feud.

    Was it Orton at WM21 that was the first to explicitly say he wanted to end The Streak?


    Who would be that up and coming star that could really go on the opposite side of the ring to Edge, in a similar way to Foley in those two examples? My mind immediately went to Cesaro because that's where my mind always goes. Maybe Black or Ricochet?

    Honestly, I like the suggestion of Andrade.

  35. #475
    Super Moderator Team Farrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    I also wonder that about The Streak. When did they first realize it, as opposed to when they started marketing it around WM 17 or so.
    I think some people have said that it was maybe a year or two before that someone pointed it out.

  36. #476
    Transgender Terror
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    307
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    I think he just doesn't like you
    She. Get it right, son.

    And every time I post something about Orton you gotta make some snide comment. So...

  37. #477
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,294
    So, it's draft day:



    Who's going where?

    WWE/Fox/USA/Someone has published a list of rules, as follows:

    - More than 70 Superstars, including Tag Teams, have been placed into this year’s WWE Draft pool.
    - 30 Superstars will be eligible to be drafted tomorrow night while 41 Superstars will be eligible on Monday Night.
    - Since Friday Night SmackDown is a two-hour show and Monday Night Raw is a three-hour show, for every two SmackDown picks, Raw will get three.
    - Tag Teams will count as one pick unless FOX or USA Network specifically wants to pick one Superstar from the team.
    - Any undrafted Superstars will immediately be declared free agents and able to sign with the brand of their choosing.

    Seems like they're building up a Fox/USA rivalry, too, as they're openly talking about the networks making the decisions over who goes where.

    Oh, and Smackdown will open with Roman vs Seth to determine who gets to pick first. You'd assume that whoever wins from those two gets to be the first pick of that brand, but who knows? One thing to note is that NXT doesn't get a mention, so maybe they're not involved in this.

    Presumably Seth, as champion, is staying on Raw, but otherwise I think it's pretty much wide open as to who goes where. Smackdown probably wants/needs to make a couple of big statement drafts from the pool, but it sounds like rather than drafting directly from brands everyone is essentially 'brandless' until they're chosen - so brands would need to reselect people they already have on their rosters.

    Should be interesting, I always like the draft process - generally it comes up as one of the more interesting spells of WWE TV of the year.

  38. #478
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    898
    Would be awesome if Seth won Raw the first pick, but then he was passed over multiple times by both brands due to his actions at HIAC and how he doesn’t appear to be mentally stable right now. Play it up as the only reason he was even chosen as the fourth or fifth pick is because he’s the Universal Champ, and USA wanted that title on their show.

  39. #479
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    So, it's draft day:



    Who's going where?

    WWE/Fox/USA/Someone has published a list of rules, as follows:

    - More than 70 Superstars, including Tag Teams, have been placed into this year’s WWE Draft pool.
    - 30 Superstars will be eligible to be drafted tomorrow night while 41 Superstars will be eligible on Monday Night.
    - Since Friday Night SmackDown is a two-hour show and Monday Night Raw is a three-hour show, for every two SmackDown picks, Raw will get three.
    - Tag Teams will count as one pick unless FOX or USA Network specifically wants to pick one Superstar from the team.
    - Any undrafted Superstars will immediately be declared free agents and able to sign with the brand of their choosing.

    Seems like they're building up a Fox/USA rivalry, too, as they're openly talking about the networks making the decisions over who goes where.

    Oh, and Smackdown will open with Roman vs Seth to determine who gets to pick first. You'd assume that whoever wins from those two gets to be the first pick of that brand, but who knows? One thing to note is that NXT doesn't get a mention, so maybe they're not involved in this.

    Presumably Seth, as champion, is staying on Raw, but otherwise I think it's pretty much wide open as to who goes where. Smackdown probably wants/needs to make a couple of big statement drafts from the pool, but it sounds like rather than drafting directly from brands everyone is essentially 'brandless' until they're chosen - so brands would need to reselect people they already have on their rosters.

    Should be interesting, I always like the draft process - generally it comes up as one of the more interesting spells of WWE TV of the year.
    Seth will definitely stay on Raw since he has the title. They're not going to have 2 major champions on the same show or swap champions since FOX wants Lesner on Smackdown. Seth Rollins could have went to Smackdown had he lost the Universal championship at Hell In a Cell, BUT that's another issue altogether.

    Honestly, I forgot which brand The Revival are on, even though they have the smackdown tag titles. I think they bounce from brand to brand.

    I'm wondering if Fire and Desire will be broken up via the draft. Also, wherever Becky ends up, Seth will likely end up. I'm hoping Nakamra and Styles swap shows.

    Bayley vs Charlotte for the smackdown women's title is also confirmed for tonight. Hoping that IF Bayley loses, she goes into full on heel mode after the match and we see her debut on the brand she's drafted to with new music, new attire, and a new attitude.

  40. #480
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,294
    That would be a great plan for Bayley. I'm really hoping they don't shuffle her to Raw just to put her together with Sasha again, but both heel. I've enjoyed Bayley more - as a fan and mark, as well as critic - in the past 3/4 months than I have done since she was in NXT.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •