Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    That would be a great plan for Bayley. I'm really hoping they don't shuffle her to Raw just to put her together with Sasha again, but both heel. I've enjoyed Bayley more - as a fan and mark, as well as critic - in the past 3/4 months than I have done since she was in NXT.

Meanwhile, WWE has announced Valasquez Vs Brock (not sure if it's for the title or just the honour of Essie Guerrero's son) and Fury Vs Strowman for Crown Jewel. On the one hand, I'm happy for them to stick these matches, that I have little or no interest in, on a card I won't even watch. On the other, is drawing media attention to the fact that WWE is still active in Saudi Arabia even after the backlash they've had for it really a good idea - especially when they could have stretched them both to Mania via the Rumble? Perhaps even more so when Hogan's on the bill in a reasonably high profile position.

This Crown Jewel feels like the biggest middle finger to the critics WWE could give, to be honest.

PEN's Post Draft Rankings (as if I was ranking for the Apter mags)

Raw Mens Singles
    Champ - Seth Rollins
    1 - Randy Orton
    2 - Kevin Owens
    3 - AJ Styles
    4 - Bobby Lashley
    5 - Rey Mysterio
    6 - Drew McIntyre
    7 - Samoa Joe
    8 - Erick Rowan
    9 - Ricochet
    10 - Andrade
    11 - Aleister Black
    12 - Buddy Murphy
    13 - Rusev
    14 - R-Truth
    15 - Cedric Alexander
    16 - Humberto Carrillo
    17 - Akira Tozawa
    18 - Jinder Mahal
    19 - Shelton Benjamin
    20 - Eric Young
    21 - Titus O'Neil
    22 - EC3

Raw Mens Tag Teams
    Champ - Viking Raiders
    1 - The OC
    2 - Street Profits

Smackdown Mens Singles
    Champ - Brock Lesnar
    1 - Roman Reigns
    2 - Bray Wyatt
    3 - Daniel Bryan
    4 - Braun Strowman
    5 - Shinsuke Nakamura
    6 - King Corbin
    7 - The Miz
    8 - Chad Gable
    9 - Elias
    10 - Ali
    11 - Apollo Crews
    12 - Drew Gulak

Smackdown Mens Tag Teams
    Champ - Revival
    1 - New Day
    2 - Ziggler/Roode
    3 - Heavy Machinery
    4 - Lucha House Party

Chad Gable? His name is Shorty Gable now.

Did we ever get a Profits/Raiders match in NXT? I feel like that could be dope as all hell. I'm guessing not, because Profits weren't champs or really contenders before the Raiders gave their belts up.

I see WWE has booked Fiend vs Seth for Crown Jewel. If Fiend loses a match on a show in Saudi Arabia, does it make an impact? Presumably given the draft he isn't going to win the Universal Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Did we ever get a Profits/Raiders match in NXT?
    I seem to remember it was the Street Profits who challenged the War Raiders before they left NXT to go to Raw.

Eric Bischoff has been replaced by Bruce Pritchard as Executive Director of Smackdown.

Stop stop; I only have so many LOL's to give.

Sean Ross Sapp is confirming he's gone from WWE, so this isn't just a re-assignment. He's out. Not even four months and he's out.
    Last edited by Cult Icon; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:17 PM.

Hopefully he does ok.

Will this result in any major changes to what we see on Friday nights? Hard to imagine, but we'll see this week. I guess.

With Smackdown being more tag team heavy than Raw, I'm assuming many of the undrafted teams end up there.

I'm not particularly surprised. It really seemed like Eric was more interested in the business side of the business than creative at all. Bruce seems to be interested in the creative, and I actually think he's got a good mind for the business.

Plus, Bruce was one of the guys "sitting around the pool" during WWE's last two boom periods.

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    A lot of speculation about the reasons why Bischoff was even hired in the first place. The first thing that I thought about was that it was one of those "Let's get him so AEW doesn't" moves, which isn't really a crazy idea and it wouldn't surprise me if that was the main reason. But also many people online have been stating that it was a move to appease investors. Apparently investors were not all that happy with the company's direction, leading to Bischoff's hire (and Heyman's job change) to show that the company is attempting to do something about it.

The last bits of news coming out is that Bischoff basically did nothing during the time he was there, and that he didn't know the roster or made attempts to do so. I don't know if that's true, or if there was a reason behind it if it was true (like him being more of a figurehead in that position with little/no power).

It's all really strange, though.

So the Blockbuster trade was Bliss and Cross for future draft picks.

That is a Blockbuster trade?

We all know that the WWE tried to make this draft feel more like a real draft, but Smackdown drafted Lucha House Party instead of Bliss and Cross, and then they went and traded future draft picks for them. If this was a real draft, Smackdown would have been killed by the commentators.

When I think of a Blockbuster Trade, I would have thought that a person such as, The Fiend, Reigns, Bryan, Banks, Charlotte, etc. would have been traded not Bliss and Cross for draft picks.

Odds on them forgetting all about it in a year and the draft being run as normal?

Smackdown did need some higher level female talent, so it's a good move for them.

I agree that Smackdown needed the pair, but is this a Blockbuster Trade? Unless Smackdown traded away a first round pick or both second rounders, but no details of what picks RAW received have been mentioned.

Also, I agree that there is a high probability that next year's draft will probably forget about the picks granted to Smackdown.

I was thinking it means Raw will get some NXT graduates, or Ronda, or someone else of that nature.

With NXT now as a true third brand, and as a direct rival promotion to AEW (broadcasting on the same night and time) will there be "main roster call ups" now?

I would think that the WWE would want to keep the NXT stars on NXT, but then during next year's draft we would have some "main roster" people move to NXT and vice versa.

Also, there has been the persistent rumor of Rousey going to Smackdown because Fox wants her, whenever she returns.

I never believe "rumors." Rumor was Fox wanted Heyman too. And yet...

And yes, NXT stars will move to the main roster. Likely, it'll change in the method they do get brought in/up, but it'll still happen. If the main roster needs a minimum once a year shake up between Raw and SD, NXT will need to as well.

Shake ups do need to happen to keep the product fresh, but will the WWE shake things up more than once per year? And isn't that now the entire point of the draft? Separate rosters, separate brands, separate networks. AND the WWE did not have either RAW or Smackdown draft anyone this year from NXT.

I would hope that when the WWE wants to move someone to another brand they do it via a trade.

For instance, I would love to see NXT eventually trade Shayna Baszler to RAW to face Becky and Charlotte, and NXT could get in return a guy like Samoa Joe (who keeps floundering on the main roster) and or Ricochet who I think is better suited for NXT than RAW because NXT is more wrestling based and RAW/Smackdown is more promo/sports entertainment based.
    Last edited by Powder; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:39 AM.

Street Profits were drafted from NXT.

Trades are a good method, but I wouldn't restrict it to only that method. I like the open end scenario of free agency. Meaning, NXT runs out of creative ideas for someone like Shayna (once she drops the title) and she can be signed by Raw/USA or Fox/SD. She shows up as a shocking surprise, announces her NXT contract was up, and Fox paid more than Regal/NXT did...etc. Whatever can help with surprise debuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate View Post
    A lot of speculation about the reasons why Bischoff was even hired in the first place. The first thing that I thought about was that it was one of those "Let's get him so AEW doesn't" moves, which isn't really a crazy idea and it wouldn't surprise me if that was the main reason. But also many people online have been stating that it was a move to appease investors. Apparently investors were not all that happy with the company's direction, leading to Bischoff's hire (and Heyman's job change) to show that the company is attempting to do something about it.

The last bits of news coming out is that Bischoff basically did nothing during the time he was there, and that he didn't know the roster or made attempts to do so. I don't know if that's true, or if there was a reason behind it if it was true (like him being more of a figurehead in that position with little/no power).

It's all really strange, though.
    I generally don't believe the shit about Bischoff doing nothing and not learning anyone's names, etc. Alverez (I think) said he got that from "his sources". Those sources are probably just burying Bischoff, and if they're in creative they're probably just ticked that Bischoff got brought in over them getting promoted.

Eric Bischoff is not a lazy person. There's a lot of stuff that can be said about him, much of it I would dispute, but lazy is not one of them. If he wasn't involved in creative, it is probably because he felt his time was best spent elsewhere, like prepping to a move to network TV.

It also says nowhere that he was fired. Their statement is that he is no longer with the company, and he has been replaced by Bruce. Maybe this was his decision. Maybe this wasn't the job that he though he was signing up for (and after two weeks on Fox, I think that would become pretty clear), or he and his wife didn't enjoy the lifestyle change involved in moving from an acreage in Wyoming to a townhouse in Connecticut.

There's a lot more that goes into this type of thing -- in a corporation with nearly 1000 employees -- than "lulz, Bischoff is dumb! He ruined TNA and now he's fired!". And I'm sure the dirt sheet writers "sources" are more than happy to add fuel to the fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    With NXT now as a true third brand, and as a direct rival promotion to AEW (broadcasting on the same night and time) will there be "main roster call ups" now?

I would think that the WWE would want to keep the NXT stars on NXT, but then during next year's draft we would have some "main roster" people move to NXT and vice versa.

Also, there has been the persistent rumor of Rousey going to Smackdown because Fox wants her, whenever she returns.
    NXT is running counter to AEW, but it's still developmental. It's still 300 people at Full Sail getting people prepped for the big time in front of thousands in arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by PEN15v2 View Post
    Street Profits were drafted from NXT.

Trades are a good method, but I wouldn't restrict it to only that method. I like the open end scenario of free agency. Meaning, NXT runs out of creative ideas for someone like Shayna (once she drops the title) and she can be signed by Raw/USA or Fox/SD. She shows up as a shocking surprise, announces her NXT contract was up, and Fox paid more than Regal/NXT did...etc. Whatever can help with surprise debuts.
    I know that the Profits never wrestled a match on RAW, but you could argue that they were already on RAW for all of the backstage segments that they were a part of, but I see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    NXT is running counter to AEW, but it's still developmental. It's still 300 people at Full Sail getting people prepped for the big time in front of thousands in arenas.
    Agreed, but with all of those people, wouldn't it make sense to trade someone when he/she is ready, or just wait for the upcoming draft? Again if the WWE is trying to make it more realistic like the NFL or NBA, then what we should here is that wrestlers will declare for the draft, or which wrestler will be taken #1 and in what order. Every Sports radio show and TV show center around draft projections from the existing College players (equivalent to developmental). So if NXT is still developmental, then have it be developmental where a few months prior to the draft we get draft predictions, and declaring eligibility etc.
    Last edited by Powder; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:18 AM.

Agreed, but with all of those people, wouldn't it make sense to trade someone when he/she is ready, or just wait for the upcoming draft? Again if the WWE is trying to make it more realistic like the NFL or NBA, then what we should here is that wrestlers will declare for the draft, or which wrestler will be taken #1 and in what order. Every Sports radio show and TV show center around draft projections from the existing College players (equivalent to developmental). So if NXT is still developmental, then have it be developmental where a few months prior to the draft we get draft predictions, and declaring eligibility etc.
    The goal isn't to make it more realistic. The goal is to add realism to the existing wrestling landscape. If this was truly like real sports, then NXT would be the AAA team, and would just show up when someone on the major league team was injured or not performing to expectations.

NXT is less like the college pool and more like an MLB farm team or an NHL team's AHL affiliate. It's where they have their guys to develop, improve and get experience playing professionally under their system.

The Leafs don't have to wait until draft time to call up a player if they need them, they just call them up.

This system of drafts and brands isn't going to be what you want, and I don't think WWE has ever intended for it to be. It's a gimmick that they can use to tell stories, but that they'll still do what they need to do to run their business and not let it box them in. If Reigns gets hurt, someone big will show up to take his place whether there's a "trade" or not.

Quote Originally Posted by PEN15v2 View Post
    The goal isn't to make it more realistic. The goal is to add realism to the existing wrestling landscape. If this was truly like real sports, then NXT would be the AAA team, and would just show up when someone on the major league team was injured or not performing to expectations.
    NXT is less like the college pool and more like an MLB farm team or an NHL team's AHL affiliate. It's where they have their guys to develop, improve and get experience playing professionally under their system.

The Leafs don't have to wait until draft time to call up a player if they need them, they just call them up.

This system of drafts and brands isn't going to be what you want, and I don't think WWE has ever intended for it to be. It's a gimmick that they can use to tell stories, but that they'll still do what they need to do to run their business and not let it box them in. If Reigns gets hurt, someone big will show up to take his place whether there's a "trade" or not.
    Would this be a bad thing though?

Try this on for size:

Becky is feuding with Charlotte, and in typical WWE style they have them tag together against the current Women's tag Champions. But during that match Charlotte "hurts her (insert your body part here)" and is not medically cleared to wrestle. So what happens? Does Becky not have an opponent? No, the RAW chairman/GM calls up Rhea Ripley to take Charlotte's place until Charlotte is good to go. Rhea gets main roster exposure and essentially a try out to see if she can hang.

Furthermore, when Charlotte is medically cleared, she needs to go back to NXT for a few "rehab" matches to shake off the ring rust. This would allow for minor league talent to face major talent.

Your comparison to the MLB or NHL could actually work out really well, if they did it right. It would allow for movement among the rosters without a draft and get some new matchups by injuries, real or scripted.
    Last edited by Powder; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:38 AM.

It seems like you're describing essentially what I suggested with the free agency idea, making these appearances a surprise.

But, under the assumption that in your idea Charlotte's injury is real and not storyline injury, is that Rhea might be tied up in NXT and can't just leave to cover Charlotte. But if you mean storyline injury, then that's how the free agency would work.

But restricting it to just legit sport scenarios is too restrictive, and unrealistic.

Eh, I don't really like that - because it makes the matches Charlotte, in your example, would have on NXT a bit lesser, in my eyes. Could just be me, but if we all know that Charlotte's only there to shake off any ring rust after her injury there's little or no urgency.

The only story they could tell there, for me, is 'can Charlotte regain her main roster spot from Rhea Ripley (or whoever - Dana Brooke, whatever)?'. Which just makes NXT look like feeder brand - and I think right now they need it to feel individual and apart from being that 'developmental' brand, even though it technically is.

On the point of Baszler, I think she's an odd one - they seem to now be building up three or four faces who could all face her in the coming weeks and months, what with the return of Kai and the natural storyline there, the presence of Ripley as something completely different to what she's faced, and the re-emergence of Belair who has come out as something developed from her original tilt at Shayna. Plus, they could arguably build LeRae up to another shot easily and have heel Io, who I'd love to see against Shayna. In a matter of 3/4 weeks she's gone from seemingly having next to no possible opponents to having loads - the question is does she drop the belt to one of them or repel them all and then abandon the belt after being called up to the main roster. She's a fortnight off a year as champion in this run, with another 132 days from her previous run putting her only 25 days in total behind Asuka as the longest combined reign as NXT women's champion in history.

To be honest, if you had to list the lynchpins of NXT right now, she'd be one of them. I'm hoping she sticks around for a while longer, as a fan as much as anything else, because I really like her work. But a call up to Smackdown wouldn't be a bad shout - especially if Ronda were to turn up there. You know how much they'd like to do Ronda vs Shayna.

I just want to see Ronda vs Deville. Shayna vs Deville might be the closest we could get.

I meant Storyline injury. If done correctly, and not abused, then having NXT be akin to AAA or the AHL would work really well because the WWE can control the narrative. AND, it would not matter if Ripley was already in a program. Do you think that MLB or NHL teams care is their minor league team is fighting for a minor league championship? But I do get that this is Professional Wrestling, and the NXT call up, can always have one last match on his/her way out to finish the feud. Just call it as it is. Ripley got the call, but before she goes, she has business to finish.

If and when someone legit gets hurt, then the true next in line from NXT can be called up as a permanent replacement.

Well that's one idea, but you can't over do it. You couldn't do that once a year without it playing itself to death. But as a one time story, it works.

I'm going to pop like hell when 'this is my brutality' blares out on a Raw episode.

To divert to something completely different - Tyson Fury is reportedly being paid FIFTEEN MILLION DOLLARS for wrestling at Crown Jewel.

"reportedly". I have a hard time believing most rumors, and this one is near improbable.

But, let's say it is true. He's doing more than just wrestling at Crown Jewel. He's been on TV weekly now since the Fox debut. And he's a much bigger international draw than Cain Velasquez, for example.

This isn't to say he's worth 15 million for a months work, but I also don't know just how much WWE is making off these Saudi shows and the Fox deal. What I mean is we know how much WWE is being paid to put on the show, but we don't know how much they make off of them. I read that the views on the Network are higher than most PPVs. Maybe they do incredible merch and ticket sales at the live event. Likely there's more to it than we'll ever know.

The Bischoff thing went pretty much exactly as all the skeptics had predicted, though even I didn't expect him to be gone so soon. Absolute hilarity.

It also says nowhere that he was fired. Their statement is that he is no longer with the company, and he has been replaced by Bruce. Maybe this was his decision. Maybe this wasn't the job that he though he was signing up for (and after two weeks on Fox, I think that would become pretty clear), or he and his wife didn't enjoy the lifestyle change involved in moving from an acreage in Wyoming to a townhouse in Connecticut.
    Bischoff just posted this: https://twitter.com/83Weeks/status/1184459254956265474

It should be fairly obviously that he didn't move his family from one side of the country to the other so he could just walk out a few months in. He's worked with Vince long enough to know what that's like, and I'm sure Eric still has friends in the company who he keeps in touch with that told him what he could expect when he took the job, what Vince's mood was like these days, the stress, the stakes, the work environment, the process. Eric isn't some amateur, I'm sure he made some basic informal inquiries before deciding to uproot everything and jump back into this. Big Dave is saying that Bruce Prichard was the one who lobbied for Bischoff to be brought in, by the way.
    Last edited by Alan; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    You know that him promoting a funny t-shirt that he was already selling based off of recent news isn't really proof that he was actually fired, right? Maybe he'll say something on his podcast, but I doubt it.
    It should be fairly obviously that he didn't move his family from one side of the country to the other so he could just walk out a few months in. He's worked with Vince long enough to know what that's like, and I'm sure Eric still has friends in the company who he keeps in touch with that told him what he could expect when he took the job, what Vince's mood was like these days, the stress, the stakes, the work environment, the process. Eric isn't some amateur, I'm sure he made some basic informal inquiries before deciding to uproot everything and jump back into this. Big Dave is saying that Bruce Prichard was the one who lobbied for Bischoff to be brought in, by the way.
    I'm not saying that he took the job just to quit or didn't know what he was getting into. But if he's told that becoming ED means he'll be the number one top guy answering only to Vince, only to find out that Vince et. al. are still writing the shows hands on and his job isn't what he believed it would be, I could see him deciding that it wasn't for him.

I don't believe the narrative -- spread by people who already dislike Bischoff and who he takes every opportunity to bury as well -- for a millisecond.

Your narrative isn't any more believable either though Coach. You yourself believe that Bischoff is a smart guy right? Well any smart guy would know going in that there was never any chance that he was going to have full control. The best you could hope for is what Heyman has; a decent amount of influence that still has to go through the almighty Vince McMahon at the end of the day. There is no chance Bischoff wasn't aware of this given that he's worked for Vince/knows exactly how Vince operates and if he somehow didn't know, that would make him the biggest moron this side of Mike Bennett. And say what you will about Bischoff but he's not a moron. Not for one second to I believe he went into this thinking he'd have full control, even if he was given an empty promise by Vince that he would. He knows better.

I would guess he was indeed fired. That's not the important question if you're interested in this sort of deal; the real question is why. My gut is he either never caught up with the product, fell behind and turned into a liability in that role (something that won't happen with Prichard, who if nothing else is familiar with the product), he became the scapegoat for WWE's miserable last few weeks, or both. All I know is that someone was going to get blamed for Smackdown losing practically a million viewers between the premiere and the second episode, and Vince and Fox certainly weren't going to shoulder it. Bischoff meanwhile was the perfect fall guy. Whether that's because he was legitimately screwing it up on the job or was just the perfect patsy we'll never know, because 50% of fans will never believe anything the reporters say and 50% of fans will never believe anything Bischoff says. Just another day and another dollar on the wrestling interwebs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    Whether that's because he was legitimately screwing it up on the job or was just the perfect patsy we'll never know, because 50% of fans will never believe anything the reporters say and 50% of fans will never believe anything Bischoff says. Just another day and another dollar on the wrestling interwebs.
    Pretty much this. I find it extremely comical that after all these years, wrestling is the only industry in which people insist that it's just so sui generis, that unlike every other industry from music, television, to politics, where people generally accept reporting on the industry as accurate (though not perfect), in wrestling we just can't 'believe *any* of the rumors!' and we just have to throw them all out, or the veteran journalists in it are such idiots that apparently they don't do basic source analysis, so we can't trust them, because obviously they're just being fed lines by people who have agendas of besmirching Bischoff, and they're not doing any critical evaluation of the sources they've cultivated for decades at all. It's just such a unique industry that we can never believe anything, no matter how blindingly obvious it is, unless all the major parties involved in it literally submit it in affidavit form.

This has to be a holdover from the pre-2010 era where all the veteran wrestlers just never got over the fact that wrestling had its curtain pulled away from it, that the genie of kayfabe can't be put back into the bottle, and wrestling is just going to have to be treated by journalists like every other industry. Even in the year 2019, you see the same old bullshit lines from the old carnies 'It's just the dirtsheets being the dirtsheets!'

So, Rollins Vs The Fiend at Crown Jewel is now 'Falls Count Anywhere, Can't Be Stopped For Any Reason'.

Thoughts? Seems like they're setting themselves up to openly counter fans saying they'll have another non-finish.

Personally I still want The Fiend to send Seth Rollins to Actual Hell, but that seems unlikely.

So the WWE booked themselves into a corner again. Falls count anywhere is also a no DQ match, if I am not mistaken. So how is the WWE going to keep the title on Rollins as the Fiend is now on Smackdown, without having the Fiend take a pinfall loss?

Dumb. Unless, the Fiend does win the title and then the Fiend and Rollins switch brands.

Someone else costs The Fiend the match. Here's hoping it's Aleister Black.

And Bischoff is the fall guy. WWE has to appease their Gods by offering up a ritualistic sacrifice to atone for their mistakes.

OK, but again how?

It took what? 5-6 stomps, a ladder, a tool box, and a sledge hammer just to keep him down for a few, then he popped back up like nothing happened at all. So how is a Black Mass going to keep him down?

The WWE made the Fiend too powerful, and screwed themselves by not putting the title on him at HIAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kleckamania View Post
    Someone else costs The Fiend the match. Here's hoping it's Aleister Black.

And Bischoff is the fall guy. WWE has to appease their Gods by offering up a ritualistic sacrifice to atone for their mistakes.
    I don't think that will happen. Faces rarely ever interfere and cost matches unless there's a vendetta they have. Black and Bray Wyatt/The Fiend have no vendetta, nor have they ever interacted.

OK, but again how?

It took what? 5-6 stomps, a ladder, a tool box, and a sledge hammer just to keep him down for a few, then he popped back up like nothing happened at all. So how is a Black Mass going to keep him down?

The WWE made the Fiend too powerful, and screwed themselves by not putting the title on him at HIAC.
    You’re just going to make your head hurt if you try to figure out how WWE screws this up again

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    So, Rollins Vs The Fiend at Crown Jewel is now 'Falls Count Anywhere, Can't Be Stopped For Any Reason'.

Thoughts? Seems like they're setting themselves up to openly counter fans saying they'll have another non-finish.

Personally I still want The Fiend to send Seth Rollins to Actual Hell, but that seems unlikely.
    So the WWE booked themselves into a corner again. Falls count anywhere is also a no DQ match, if I am not mistaken. So how is the WWE going to keep the title on Rollins as the Fiend is now on Smackdown, without having the Fiend take a pinfall loss?

Dumb. Unless, the Fiend does win the title and then the Fiend and Rollins switch brands.
    The correct answer is that Falls Count Anywhere matches is a very easy gimmick to end in a fashion that protects both guys, while never delivering a satisfactory ending to the feud. Look to Batista vs Cena before Dave left WWE, with his feet duct taped to the ringpost. Cena won, the feud ended, but Dave was uber protected.

Or, consider how Jericho defeated Kane at Armageddon 2000 with a load of barrels over the Big Red Machine. It ended the feud, but Jericho didn't come out looking like a mega hero. He looked like he barely got out alive.

Seth vs Fiend will be similar to one of these comparisons, before they move onto separate brands completely.