Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Brain
    Haha, I have almost the exact opposite impression. I think she's a fine wrestler but not really that notable. The fact that she's really attractive has helped her grow a bigger presence than I think she'd have otherwise. She's only 22 though and WWE is probably the best place to develop into the kind of wrestler she'll be best as. I can see her being a big deal there, and like I said she's not bad by any means, I've seen her in plenty of really good matches even though I didn't usually think she was the one driving them to be great.

Well, well, well. Johnny Saint is the new GM for the WWE UK brand. Still not entirely sure what that means but anyone who knows their British wrestling will know exactly how big a statement that is.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Quote Originally Posted by Powder
    Where are the Authors of Pain?
    WWE reportedly doesn't have anything for them right now.

Twitter: @libsuperstar

Quote Originally Posted by M.V.W. View Post
    This is the problem of having a "call-up season" around Mania time. What's the point in being promoted if there is nothing for you creatively at that time? Wrestlers who come up with a purpose (most recently Drew McIntyre & Iiconics) make a better impact than those that come up just because it's time to be promoted.

Hopefully there is something for them soon. I'm not exactly enjoying the Raw tag division having food fights etc; a more more grit and seriousness can't come quick enough.
    Latest podcast - click the pic for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by M.V.W. View Post
    Which is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Which is ridiculous.
    This is when a good old Facebook "like" thumb is required.

Quote Originally Posted by 205 Clive View Post
    This is when a good old Facebook "like" thumb is required.
    You’re welcome

A95984FA-A419-4587-AF81-2C02411560CB.jpg

editted: I am after that cheap pop

Okay, that RAW opening segment on the ladders to hype MITB was one of the corniest shills in company history. Man is the writing really this bad?!?!???

You know what I didn't miss when I watched Dominion this week? Having three announcers spend every match arguing with each other.
    Last edited by ZeroTolerance; 06-11-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LWO4Life View Post

editted: I am after that cheap pop
    Consider yourself and Powder well amd truly popped, good sirs.

Didn't mind the opening segment. I wonder if they height of each competitor on the ladders of varying sizes is indicative of the winners and losers. Then again, as usual I'm reading far too much into it.

YES!

Quote Originally Posted by LWO4Life View Post
    YES!
    Again, we need a like button for this. lol

Raw the last few weeks has felt like 2001/2002 WCW to me. Some good matches(Thanks to Rollins and the women) some Bad matches( anything with Roman and Jinder Mahal in it) And stuff in between (Tag division) all adding up to a show that is nothing spectacular and kinda boring. I am really not digging this whole "Constable" Corbin thing. But I guess, they have nothing else for him to do.. I am waiting for Corbin to "Constable" Strowman just so we have an excuse to see Braun throw him around the backstage area.

The artist formerly known as Thurl.

WWE made it offical. They are holding a stadium show in Australia, October 6th at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. It will air live on the WWE Network and around the world on PPV.

First match announced-

Triple H vs. The Undertaker.

Won't be too appealing to network viewers but might have more resonance with the live fans. I think 'Taker has literally wrestled in Australia 1 on 1 so infrequently you can count the number on the fingers of one hand. Hunter has less than ten, too.

I'm sure they're trying to go for that mass appeal and star power like how they did the Saudi Arabia show so it fits.. Everyone else is gonna be on the card so I have no issue with it.

I don't think Australia is a place that needs that sort of thing though.

They get surprisingly few shows, and it's an audience with a big market for wrestling. It's a nice touch.

If they're smart they'll repackage someone under the name VAR and have Roman Reigns squash him. It might get Reigns over. Only Prime will understand this.

I do, indeed, see what you did there.

Be hilarious if Roman was over as a baby in Australia and booed out of the building everywhere else. And, like a megaheel to the kiwis.

So. It's been hard to pinpoint exactly what is wrong with Raw at the moment. Maybe because there are so many problems. But I think after MITB and last night's RAW, it's clear to me what the problems are:

Extreme Rules is around the corner. Alexa Bliss is the champion. Braun has a lot of momentum. There will be a multiman #1 contender match to see who faces Brock at the next PPV.

The question I ask is what year am I describing? 2017 or 2018? 'Plan mentioned on NXT Aftershock that the Gargano Ciampa feud is where it is a year ago. Well, the same applies to the above elements of Raw. We are no further forward.

P.S. I do know that Braun was injured around this time last year, but it didn't stop him going straight into a feature feud upon his return.

I get where you are coming from but let's look at where the WWE could have went to fix the situation:

Lesnar is most likely not working this summer. So, last night Strowman should have called out Lesnar to return to RAW next week to face him for the Title with the MITB contract. And since the contract is always stated as "Anywhere, anyplace, anytime" Lesnar either has to accept or get stripped of the title.

Reigns then comes out and says that he should be the one with the title shot because of the way the cage match ended...yada, yada, yada.

Angle then makes a fatal fourway match for the number one contendership for RAW, also next week. The four guys are Reigns, Lashley, Rollins and Owens, and obviously Reigns wins.

Then at Extreme Rules we get another Reigns vs Strowman match, but Strowman wins, and cleanly, thus ending Reigns' title feuds for a while.

On the Women's side, I like what they did with Rousey to keep her away from the title picture and to keep her looking strong, and an actual badass.

So, what does everyone think of the Big Cass release?

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    I get where you are coming from but let's look at where the WWE could have went to fix the situation:

Lesnar is most likely not working this summer. So, last night Strowman should have called out Lesnar to return to RAW next week to face him for the Title with the MITB contract. And since the contract is always stated as "Anywhere, anyplace, anytime" Lesnar either has to accept or get stripped of the title.

Reigns then comes out and says that he should be the one with the title shot because of the way the cage match ended...yada, yada, yada.

Angle then makes a fatal fourway match for the number one contendership for RAW, also next week. The four guys are Reigns, Lashley, Rollins and Owens, and obviously Reigns wins.

Then at Extreme Rules we get another Reigns vs Strowman match, but Strowman wins, and cleanly, thus ending Reigns' title feuds for a while.

On the Women's side, I like what they did with Rousey to keep her away from the title picture and to keep her looking strong, and an actual badass.
    Although it hasn't been arranged or announced yet, I would be shocked if Lesnar didn't work Summerslam.

Sami Zayn has torn both rotator cuffs. He's out the rest of the year at least.

The Brain
    Big Cass getting canned feels like no big loss. I didn't hate the guy but definitely feels like there are more interesting guys who can take his slot.

Thought I'd heard a rumor that Lesnar wasn't working Summerslam? But even if that's floating around, who knows if it's true...

Really sad to hear about Zayn, one of my favorite guys in WWE today.

The rumor is that as of yet, Lesnar is not scheduled to be wrestling at Summerslam, but that doesn't mean anything, as it's still 2 months away.

I think they'll go shock factor and have Braun cash in during a RAW Lesnar/Heyman promo or something. Though youd imagine at least the rematch would headline a PPV.

I'm 80% certain that they're going to do a Lesnar/Reigns match at Summerslam, where Reigns goes over clean, and Braun cashes in.

You know, I would rather have Reigns win the belt off Lesner now and have Braun cash in on Reigns in the future because we all know if Braun wins the belt from Lesner, Reigns is going to be the one to dethrone Braun...

I still think you have Braun take a road trip to Brock's Saskatchewan ranch and fight him there as a briefcase cash in.

I mean, Lesnar isn't turning up unless he wants to, Braun gives no shits and is overly confident because he's on a ridiculous win streak and can hardly be beaten. Braun wants his cash in to be 'clean' as a result of that, rather than a sneaky one, so he grabs a ref at the start of a Raw and road trips his way to Brock's ranch to wrestle him.

Get Matt Hardy and Borash to direct it.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    I don't think that's how it works. I'm pretty sure Braun would win in that situation by a countout or forfeit. Even then, I'm pretty sure they've established that the Champion has to be there, and be on his feet, for the referee to call for the bell and start the match.

If that were an option, you'd think that 20 years ago Vince would have booked Austin in a Title match on Raw and had him hauled out in handcuffs so that he had to forfeit the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    I don't think that's how it works. I'm pretty sure Braun would win in that situation by a countout or forfeit. Even then, I'm pretty sure they've established that the Champion has to be there, and be on his feet, for the referee to call for the bell and start the match.

If that were an option, you'd think that 20 years ago Vince would have booked Austin in a Title match on Raw and had him hauled out in handcuffs so that he had to forfeit the belt.
    However, 20 years ago, there wasn't the MITB contract, which is always billed as: "In the briefcase is a contract that gives the holder a guaranteed title shot, anywhere, anyplace, and anytime", so Vince couldn't have used that as a stip back then.

Ti my recollection, there has been only 2 people to predetermine their cash in; RVD and Cena, so why can't Braun call out Lesnar to a RAW, make the match a no DQ/Falls count anywhere match. Then Braun can go further and state, that if that coward, doesn't show, he should be stripped of the title because of my guaranteed contract.

That could work in theory but they're not stripping Brock of the title.

Didn't Bryan win the title from his cash in while Big Show was out cold? I don't remember always sticking by the if he's able to go rule.

Not sure if Show was unconscious, but he was just beat down badly by Mark Henry.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post

The WWE's notorious at disregarding continuity so I wouldn't think that far back.

Remember when it was a TV storyline that champions had to defend once a month; just a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    That could work in theory but they're not stripping Brock of the title.

Didn't Bryan win the title from his cash in while Big Show was out cold? I don't remember always sticking by the if he's able to go rule.
    Yes, he was knocked out at TLC 2011.

If creative "has nothing" for The Bar, they should be stripped of the title "creative," fired, castrated, then boiled in oil.

Road Dogg has nothing for them. The writers don't have as much power as people think.

Also NXT UK is taping almost every month, two nights in July, two in August, Two in October, two in November. They could run it bi weekly if they wanted.