Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Hmmm...I could neeeeever see this.
    You're not wrong. I'm not offended. I knew my LOP reputation would fit this description.

And I knew that you would not be offended. Yes, we bicker. Yes, we do not agree, but neither one of us are thin skinned millenials that get offended by anything and everything.

I know that neither of us know each other outside of these forums, but over about a decade (maybe more) we both have a good grasp on each other.

So all is good, and I knew you would get the joke, and take it in stride.

It's not even a joke, I know I'm a difficult person. I told my boss the first day I would challenge them. Cult icon knows it, we argue often enough. I have a meeting with HR on Wednesday, and if it doesn't go my way, I'm handing in my notice.

But I deliver results. Best results possible. And for all we know, KO could be similar. I haven't heard anything like that, but I keep this all in mind whenever people discuss why certain guys don't get pushed more.

I mean just because we argue frequently doesn't mean I think you're difficult.

My apologies Powder. I didn't realize you were joking.

No worries.

SPOILERS:

SPOILERS:

You have been warned.

Apparently the New Day are Smackdown Tag Champions again. I hope that this leads to the Revival getting pissed off at "RAW and Smackdown's management" and they cause the NXT champions (UE) to win at Survivor Series. Then the Revival goes back to NXT and cuts a promo saying that "The only reason that they did what they did (causing the UE to win at SS, was because they are sick of the RAW and Smackdown crap, and, just like Balor, they came back home. This is not agreeing with the UE, but they are here to to challenge the UE for the NXT Tag Titles."

God, I hope that is the case. Because if it isn't, then I would flat out ask for my release, months ahead of time, and join AEW. The Revival have been treated like crap and AEW would appreciate them.

The Revival have, supposedly, already asked for their release at least once back in January; how has that worked out for them?

I understand this is going to devolve into a different discussion I'll point this out now that I have the floor; if I were a WWE wrestler who wanted out, I would 100% NOT ask for my release. It worked out for Shawn Spears and KENTA but that's because WWE thought Spears was useless and KENTA was going back to Japan. Beyond that they won't let anyone go. That should be obvious given that Mike Bennett, a guy who's biggest storyline in the last few years was getting cucked, ask out and they won't even let him go! If a talent wants out, the best thing to do is ride it out ala Jon Moxley and leave when your deal is up. Plain and simple.

Transgender Terror
    What?

Why can't the Revival ask out of their contract? Their current contract expires in April 2020 anyway. What do they have to lose? Being kept of TV? So what, they still collect for another 6 months and then they can berate the WWE if/when they leave. If they are not kept off TV but are continually treated like shit, then they can still berate the WWE if/when they leave.

The ball is 100% on the Revival's court. They have all the power.

Unless WWE freeze their contract...

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Transgender Terror
    Well it is cold outside...

How can they freeze the contract? Seriously? I do not know.

If you're making yourself unavailable - not fulfilling your contract - the WWE can apparently 'freeze it' to stop you running out the clock.

I'm surprised this is something you haven't heard of - it's been a part of the conversation about pretty much everyone who has wanted out over the past couple of years, going back at least as far as Neville.

Maybe The Revival are happy? I keep hearing this 'they must be unhappy, they're not getting a chance' line, but to be honest I don't see anything that suggests they actually want to go. Dash himself said that the story around them asking for their release wasn't necessarily fully accurate - https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other...vival-14124007

It goes back even before that. Rey Mysterio is the first one who had his deal frozen, I think back in 2014. His contract was running down and he was looking to head back to Mexico to retire (at the time Rey was so banged up that no one, including himself, thought he was going to round back into form the way he did for AAA, Lucha Underground and now WWE these past few years), but because he had missed so much time via injury WWE decided to freeze him so he couldn't leave. Eventually Rey threatened to take it to court and at that point WWE balked and Rey was able to get out.

Since then there's been a few more instances of this. WWE froze Daniel Bryan's contract right before he retired due to his injury issues; he got back on the clock by becoming the GM of Smackdown, which is what I believe ultimately created the leverage for him to get cleared by WWE because he was legit going to leave and go to CMLL and/or New Japan when his deal expired in September of last year. PAC was another guy who's contract was frozen when he walked out, though he did ultimately get out of it a year or so later (no one knows why and PAC, to the best of my knowledge, has never spoken about what happened). The most recent instances are Luke Harper, who had six months added on to his deal either before or after he asked for his release in May (his deal was supposed to be up around this time, but because he missed time due to injury WWE added time on) and one of the members of the Revival, who had a few weeks added on because of injury. That's actually probably not the same thing now that I think of it, but around the same ballpark.

It actually goes back even further than Rey. When Hall, Nash, and Madusa jumped ship to go to WCW, WWE froze a few contracts then to prevent more people from joining them. You could probably trace it all back to Madusa dumping the WWF women's title in the trash on WCW television.

I must admit, when I said 'at least as far' I knew we were probably going to be able to go back beyond when it became a key part of the conversation.

I did not expect to roll so quickly back to 1995!

Some fine work guys. In short we can all agree that it's not as simple as just going home and waiting.