Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 360 of 508
  1. #321
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    787
    Just out of curiousity, Powder... how’s your cholesterol and overall health in general?

  2. #322
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,560
    Really good why? How is that relevant to anything?

  3. #323
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    787
    You just seem to get really worked up anytime Charlotte is mentioned. Don’t want you having a heart attack or anything. That’s all.

  4. #324
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,560
    Not worked up. Just frustrated that she gets everything while others do not get anything.

    Examples you say:
    Emma
    Nattie
    Ruby Riott
    Bayley
    Dana Brooke
    IIconics

    All of these ladies could be (or could have been) elevated. Since July 2015, in less than 4 years, Charlotte has 7, yes 7 title runs. 1 Divas Title, 4 RAW, and 2 Smackdown. That is absolutely ridiculous. I know, I know, titles are props, blah blah blah they "mean nothing" etc. But why hasn't Cena broken Flair's record yet? Why won't Orton most likely get anymore title runs? So that the 16 recognized World Title runs still means something.

    Charlotte is exactly as Becky's (and Ronda's) promos say she is. Given every opportunity simply because her last name is Flair. You could even argue that Nattie was "held back" somewhat because of who her Uncle is. Vince and Bret may have kissed and made up, but I am sure that Vince still holds resentment towards Bret, and he takes it out on Nattie (farting gimmick anyone).

    During the Sasha/Charlotte feud, why didn't Sasha ever get to hold the belt longer than 30 days or successfully have a title defense? Oh b/c they had to put the title back on Charlotte.

    • Charlotte is not attractive.
    • Comes across as an entitled bitch (it may be a character, but it just seems like she really believes it, because I do not see her being that good of an actress)- and I teach unnecessarily rich, extremely entitled 12-14 years old for the past 16 years, on a daily basis, so I know it when I see it.
    • She is perceived by the fan base that she is held above the rest of the roster.
    • The audience does not connect with her.
    • But she is talented, and can wrestle.


    Charlotte to me is worse than Alberto Del Rio. And yes, when she is in any backstage segment, I change the channel. In ring, no, b/c Becky could show up.
    Last edited by Powder; 03-14-2019 at 10:42 AM.

  5. #325
    Super Moderator Team Farrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    392
    Okay but to be fair to Charlotte, isn't not like she didn't earn her spot. The door was opened for her by her name, no doubt, but she had to do the work herself.

    I once compared Charlotte to Kurt Angle, and I think that's a apt comparison. Think about this for a second, she had her debut match in 2012. That's only seven years ago. By 2014, with two years experience, she was completely tearing the house down -- not being carried to good matches or putting on passable performances. Her performances are a big part of the reason women's wrestling in WWE got a shot at all.

    Fast forward to today. With seven years experience she's holding her own with, some would argue outperforming in-ring, Becky with over a decade more experience. She's as good as she is and only now really coming into her own and hitting that time where wrestlers really start to "get it" and discover who they are as performers. That means she can only get better.

    Her push is warranted, and the heel turn is precisely because people feel that way about her.

    ...and The IIconics? Really? They aren't just "not good" they are actively bad. Like, easily the worst two in-ring talents on the roster.

  6. #326
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,560
    You make a fair point, then why didn't they push Charlotte as another Kurt Angle type of talent and less of the entitled bitch? That would have been better.


    And I only say the IIconics because they are already a made Tag Team. Childhood friends that entered the business together and are still together. Edge and Christian anyone? If they toned down the annoying-ness of their gimmick they could be a very popular Women's Tag Team Champions AND Vince could push them for another PPV in Australia.

  7. #327
    Administrator Prime Time's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    You make a fair point, then why didn't they push Charlotte as another Kurt Angle type of talent and less of the entitled bitch? That would have been better.
    While not an exact parallel, that's not a bad description for her NXT presentation, when she was popular and pretty well over as a babyface.

    "The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

  8. #328
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    890
    Jeez Coach, first Baszler and now the IIconics. Why do you have it in for all my faves? Why must you dash my dreams? Whhhhhyyyyyyy?

    (They're not great in ring talents (yet) but they're possibly the best/most fun characters on the roster, in my opinion)

  9. #329
    The Brain
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,506
    Yeah, whenever I've seen the Iiconics I've enjoyed them for what they are.

    I also tend to enjoy Charlotte more than anyone not named Ruby Riott and sometimes Becky Lynch, so maybe it's just a case of "your mileage may vary".

  10. #330
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    995
    I'm not really a fan of Charlotte but Powder's examples can't really be blamed on her except Ruby and the Iconics (who are a midcard, diva type act at this point.) Nattie is pretty boring and she's a terrible promo. A tag wrestler at best. Emma couldn't do what they wanted so they banished her. Bayley is a sweet babyface that should be a foil for good heels but her downfall was Alexa killing her on the mic and that this is your life segment. And Dana Brooke was getting pushed until she apparently got lazy and gained weight or whatever happened.. Not trying to shame her, but she was triple H's project in NXT and then she comes up and doesn't deliver.


    Really, Vince likes who he likes and frankly, Charlotte is easy to book at the top of the mountain, a legacy heel, entitled and all that when she checks all those boxes and can work pretty good.

    Does that mean I want to see her in this triple threat? Hell no but I understand why the company likes her.

  11. #331
    Dana actually looked great and slimmed down in her most recent appearance last Monday. They pushed her hard in NXT when she was very very green and used her bodybuilder background as a gimmick. Might not hurt to revisit that if they want to get serious about pushing her again.

  12. #332
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,560
    All it takes is a few victories over the right people for Dana to be healed. Let her get a victory over Sasha or Bayley or hell even Rousey on her last night on RAW before she takes some time off. Dana Brooke with immediate credibility.

    Have her take the Seth Rollins/Kofi Kingston approach. You do not have to have her win a gauntlet match, but you could make her overcome "insurmountable odds" to build her right back up.

    Another suggestion could be, have Dana be "punished" for her behavior and put into a Handicap Match against Nia and Tamina and have her get a lot of offense in and nearly pin them both only to be broken up. She lasts a long time, never giving up but getting beat down and taking Samoan Drop after Samoan Drop, but she keeps getting back up until finally she drops and the ref calls the match.

    The fans get behind her, because of her heart and determination. Simple easy booking.

  13. #333
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    787
    Why are we fantasy booking for Dana Brooke when there’s plenty of other females that are better in every regard?

  14. #334
    Super Moderator Team Farrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Jeez Coach, first Baszler and now the IIconics. Why do you have it in for all my faves? Why must you dash my dreams? Whhhhhyyyyyyy?

    (They're not great in ring talents (yet) but they're possibly the best/most fun characters on the roster, in my opinion)
    They make me laugh, but I don't want to see them within 100 feet of a wrestling ring. They are atrocious in-ring talents.

  15. #335
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    995
    Peyton Royce I thought showed some potential in NXT but Billie Kay is someone i've never been into in ring. Nice legs and that's about it.

  16. #336
    The Brain
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,506
    I really enjoyed them in the Rumble but they weren't exactly doing a lot of wrestling there, so I suppose the point stands.

  17. #337
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    995
    They've got a flawless vibe to me which i really liked that group but also feel the writing for the Iconics has been pretty bad on the main roster.

  18. #338
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    787
    I really hope Baron Corbin isn’t really Angle’s final match.

  19. #339
    The crowd shit all over the announcement and I get it, but it does make sense.

  20. #340
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    787
    Yeah, from a long term story, I understand it, too. I think this is one time where you can just throw that out the window and give someone a farewell match people will actually want to see.

  21. #341
    This Kofi Kingston road to Wrestlemania storyline is getting stupid. A tag team gauntlet match with Xavier Woods and Big E competing to get Kofi in a match at Wrestlemania?

    editl what the fuck? Why did they put the smackdown women's title belt on Charlotte?
    Last edited by LifeLostInRewind; 03-26-2019 at 08:41 PM.

  22. #342
    Poor Asuka. Are we uniting the titles already?

  23. #343
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    164
    Assuming they’ll be going with a 4HW image to close the show with them all holding the titles. Weird way to go about it though if that’s what they are doing.

  24. #344
    I mean, I guess that's a way to do it, but still. Asuka's title run has been very subpar and it sucks.

  25. #345
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,560
    This all but guarantees that Becky is wining the title at Mania, but all it does is confirm that the WWE holds Charlotte well above everyone else.

  26. #346
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Assuming they’ll be going with a 4HW image to close the show with them all holding the titles. Weird way to go about it though if that’s what they are doing.
    It's totally weird Heisenberg, if that is in fact your real name. If you want the 4HW to have a moment together, all you need to do is book Charlotte vs. Asuka, have her beat Asuke for the Smackdown title, have Bayley and Sasha retain the tag titles and have Becky win the main event. Simple, easy, effective. Instead we get this. Stupid.


  27. #347
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,560
    Shane is sucking the life out of the crowd.

  28. #348
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    787
    What in the holiest of fucks is going on with the women? Do they really think Becky needs to overcome two champs in one match in order for people to be happy? Is she that much of an underdog? (Here’s a hint... no, she’s not.) It’s almost like someone in the back was like “Hey... we took our two most over women from SmackDown and sent them to Raw after randomly putting the SD title on Asuka. But... we’ve been so focused on the two SD ladies going to fight Ronnie that we completely forgot to build up a SD title match for ‘Mania. What should we do?” And then someone else was like “Eh... let’s just put the title on Flair less than 2 weeks before ‘Mania because that makes tons of sense and will totally make this feud mean even more.” And that response was met with head nods and the random, quiet “Yes... that’s totally what needs to happen.” At this point, I really hope Becky loses and goes to AEW, RoH, NJPW, wherever. Let Asuka leave, as well. She’s been shit on ever since she left NXT.

  29. #349
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    890
    What the FUCK are they doing?

  30. #350
    Jeez. She now has held more women's titles than any other female in the WWE... What an insult to the likes of Trish Stratus, Mickie James and the like. All because her last name is "Flair" :/

  31. #351
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    It's totally weird Heisenberg, if that is in fact your real name. If you want the 4HW to have a moment together, all you need to do is book Charlotte vs. Asuka, have her beat Asuke for the Smackdown title, have Bayley and Sasha retain the tag titles and have Becky win the main event. Simple, easy, effective. Instead we get this. Stupid.
    Iken, my mutter, you speak the truth.

  32. #352
    As it should be. Macho Mourn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    262
    So, 4 hours after the match, Asuka's still trending at #5 on twitter.

    I really think WWE spends way too much time with tunnel vision. You are trying to get into the Orient. You have one of the most popular Japanese men, and one of the most popular Japanese women, in the world, and neither have been promoted as anything special in months if not longer.

    You have a new company coming up. You have people who actually like Asuka, and apparently, were looking forward to her run. And instead, you fall back on ideas people were told were no more.

    All of this for one person. And it isn't Becky. To protect Charlotte.

    I do not wish injury on anyone. But when you focus on making one star, and Goldberg happens, you're fucked.

    This is just like the Reigns situation and it will end up stunting the division they have going. You buried the Riott Squad and they won't even be in the tag match. Any other undercard woman worth building on the pre-show... No one is being built up this Mania.

    And if you say Becky, she's already there. We're just awaiting coronation.

    This is all damage control for Charlotte, who needs none.

    “How great the tremors will be when the judge comes."

  33. #353
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    890
    I hope WWE finally found their balls and are taking Charlotte out of the Raw title scene. That's pretty much the only positive spin I can point on this, because it is utterly, utterly pointless.

    Becky getting her face busted was the worst thing that ever happened to the Smackdown women's division.

  34. #354
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,560
    No, inserting Charlotte into the Becky/Rousey mania match was the worst thing to happen to the SDWC. As soon as Becky lost the Smackdown title to Asuka, the build to Wrestlemania should have been about Charlotte challenging Asuka to a rematch from last year with the roles reversed.

    But no, Vince just had to insert Charlotte into the Becky/Rousey story. I know, Becky got hurt and couldn't face Rousey at Survivor Series, and they "rightfully" inserted Charlotte into the match, but then the WWE messed up by having Charlotte attack Rousey after the match. The match should have played out like Lesnar vs Styles and Lesnar vs Bryan, where Charlotte takes it to Rousey, and looks like she is going to win, only to lose. Yes lose, and then she fades back a little and enters the Women's Rumble. Then when Becky comes back, she loses the title and wins the Rumble and challenges Rousey and we have our 1 on 1 match set for Mania.

    And then Charlotte wins the Women's elimination chamber match or some other sort of #1 contender's contest to face Asuka.

  35. #355
    Super Moderator Team Farrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    Jeez. She now has held more women's titles than any other female in the WWE... What an insult to the likes of Trish Stratus, Mickie James and the like. All because her last name is "Flair" :/
    That's not fair at all, and you know it.

    Harry Smith's last name was Smith. Ted Dibiase Jr.'s last name was DiBiase. Fuck, David Flair's last name was Flair and he had a developmental deal. Where in the WWE are all these guys now?

    Charlotte had the door opened for her because of her last name, but she kicked it the fuck in because she has talent.

    Don't let the fact that the heel (whose whole gimmick has become that she's better and more deserving than everyone because she's a Flair) makes you mad cloud the fact that she's talented as fuck and, yeah, better than Trish, Lita, Mickie and any other women of that generation that got legend status because they were moderately good workers with tits.

    Charlotte is the best pure worker on that women's roster.

  36. #356
    Honestly, I think Charlotte is much better than Trish ever was, and also better than Mickie. Not even close to be honest. Trish was a hot piece of ass who learned a couple wrestling moves. Charlotte is a wrestler.

  37. #357
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    890
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    Charlotte had the door opened for her because of her last name, but she kicked it the fuck in because she has talent.
    Aye, preach it Coach.

    Powder - I don't think that's true at all. You can point to Charlotte being added in as bad, for sure, and it's certainly helped diminish the Smackdown roster, but Charlotte would never have had storyline reason to be there if Nia hadn't broken Becky's face and put her out of action, because she'd have never faced Ronda at Survivor Series.

    What we'd likely have got, I think, if Becky a) hadn't caught fire, b) hadn't had that fire increased greatly by her broken face, and c) hadn't had to drop out of the Ronda match, is Ronda beating Becky at Survivor Series (nuts to what Meltzer says - nobody was really giving Becky much of a hope of the win there), followed up by a continuation of Charlotte vs Becky at TLC to finally end that one. Charlotte then would have won the Rumble, Becky would have had to deal with Asuka, and your two Mania matches are Charlotte vs Ronda (which was long rumoured) and Becky vs Asuka.

    Your storylines, of Ronda vs Becky and Charlotte vs Asuka, could only have happened if that broken face had never happened - that was the sliding doors moment, where Becky really got a rocket boost.

  38. #358
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    995
    Agreed, even if Becky had wrestled Ronda at Survivor Series, I can't see her rise being so much they'd have to do it again at mania. We'll never really know but I do think the injury is the reason that Ronda/Becky was even a thought at mania. Even the stuff with Charlotte at Survivor Series seems like a Becky move... Which could have led to Ronda/Becky 2 at mania but i doubt it.

  39. #359
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    159
    Usos forfeiting is the best thing I've seen on a wrestling show in a long time. Actual lump in my throat. KofiMania!

  40. #360
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    367
    Ollie, I think what Big Dave was/is trying to say is that Becky got the rocket strapped to her after the injury, not before it. Prior to that you're right; she wasn't going to get the Mania push and Charlotte was still the chosen one. But once Becky got hurt and the reaction surrounding that incident AND the angle (which we forget was really well received) happened then WWE made the decision that Becky was the one and latched onto her. Just wanted to clarify that.

    In the end though I do agree with Powder; Charlotte being added was the cause of all this stupidity. Yes Becky's injury allowed Charlotte to face Ronda at Survivor Series but that's the only logical argument you can make for Charlotte being added to this match. It's not even a good argument either; we've seen countless of times rematches being dragged out to later periods of time. Furthermore, the fact that Charlotte has been little more than the Victor Sullivan to Becky and Ronda's Nathan Drake since being added shows how unnecessary she was to this story, especially when WWE had the option to go with her vs. Asuka, thus giving us two good matches instead of one, which has now been hurt by it's all time terrible build. So in the end I do think that was what brought this on. If Charlotte never gets added and goes to wrestle Asuka then, while you can never discount WWE's ability to screw shit up, Becky-Ronda would've been built up just fine. Hell if Becky never gets injured and it's Charlotte vs. Ronda and Becky vs. Asuka, those are both probably built up fine. Instead we have this because...I don't even know? WWE couldn't help themselves adding Charlotte in? I get to Coach's point that Charlotte is really good and does deserve most of her accolades, but she didn't need this one.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •