Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    You don't think that their main roster matches are any good?

They are being wasted.

Now they are Orton's lackeys.

The Revival should be their own entity, not "the two guys who are now following Orton".

Transgender Terror
    It's a great gig if you can get it.

I'm not sure how wasted they are. They're teamed with Orton (yes, he's "above" them but he's the main event guy and t hey're not) who is feuding with the WWE Champion, in a program where they're working regularly with the Tag Team Champions in a six man program.

I'll take that over two separate programs featuring six people who might as well be together, or Revival sitting on their asses.

They're getting more spotlight in a higher profile program than they've ever had.

Plus, they seem to be loving it.

Transgender Terror
    Sure beats slumming it on these forums with Cultico.

Psh; I would've beaten Kofi by now and I wouldn't have needed two guys heading to AEW next year to do so!

Transgender Terror
    Stupid stupid stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    You don't think that their main roster matches are any good?
    I'm yet to see them deliver something that has really taken my breath away on the main roster in the way they repeatedly did in NXT. The only thing that comes close, off the top of my head, is their TV match against Roode and Gable.

I just don't think they've had a storyline to really get their teeth into, and as a result haven't been able to lace together something narrative in the ring like they did time and time again in NXT.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    Stupid stupid stupid!
    That's the same thing I say every time I hear that Roman Reigns is still going after Bryan and Rowan. We all know Western Canadian wrestling legend Sydney Steele is the one who tried to injure Roman with the car and that uproariously funny segment with the pipes where Roman walked away like he got hit with a napkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    I'm yet to see them deliver something that has really taken my breath away on the main roster in the way they repeatedly did in NXT. The only thing that comes close, off the top of my head, is their TV match against Roode and Gable.

I just don't think they've had a storyline to really get their teeth into, and as a result haven't been able to lace together something narrative in the ring like they did time and time again in NXT.
    They also had weeks upon weeks at the PC full time with their opponents to put those big matches together. You didn't see them tearing the house down weekly on NXT, it was when they had four months between Takeover shows to put something together that they had those matches with DIY.

Does anybody else, every so often, watch a Revival match on the main roster and then almost immediately sigh loudly and go and find the 2/3 falls match with DIY?

Or is it just me?
    I doubt you're alone, but I don't share your mentality. NXT and main roster have completely different styles, so expecting to repeat success from NXT is ridiculous. It is an indicator that someone is good, but it doesn't mean they will be used the same way. Right or wrong. Watching Smackdown and expecting an NXT type program is mistake #1. Plus, I enjoy the Revival being midcard tag wrestlers. I'm much more interested in the monster tag teams that are currently protected, like Gallows/Anderson, Viking Raiders, and AOP when they return.

As this relates to Vince possibly changing NXT, I'm not that concerned. First reason is I don't think they'll change much. The value to WWE to have NXT be so experimental and different is huge. It might not register ratings, and there will be a natural change in NXT to match expectations of USA and Vince, but I truly don't think it'll become brand #3 of the main roster. And, if it does, then Evolve will likely be the new NXT type product. And if not Evolve, then one of the other indy companies threatened by the arrival of AEW will likely change enough to be the new NXT. I think Impact, ROH, and MLW all show a lot of the positives we've seen in NXT (whether NXT ripped them off or vice versa is debatable).
    Last edited by PEN15v2; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:07 PM.

Transgender Terror
    Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    That's the same thing I say every time I hear that Roman Reigns is still going after Bryan and Rowan. We all know Western Canadian wrestling legend Sydney Steele is the one who tried to injure Roman with the car and that uproariously funny segment with the pipes where Roman walked away like he got hit with a napkin.
    Why are you so mean?

The world is mean. I'm merely a parody of it.

Finally a Bayley heel turn. It would make sense for Charlotte to turn face since WWE typically doesn't like heel vs heel feuds.

It only took 3 years to make Bayley interesting.

I also see another tag title run for Bayley and Sasha now.

EDIT:

Did any one else notice that during the opening segment last night, the WWE had 3 former major TNA talent? AJ Styles, Robert Roode, and Luke (Doc) Gallows.

I also loved that AJ called Roode, Bobby, then corrected himself to Robert.
    Last edited by Powder; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    Finally a Bayley heel turn. It would make sense for Charlotte to turn face since WWE typically doesn't like heel vs heel feuds.
    Do you think WWE will do that, given how badly the fans rejected face Charlotte last summer?

Hopefully they have long-term plans with heel Bayley, beyond just an impact turn.

Do you think WWE will do that, given how badly the fans rejected face Charlotte last summer?

Hopefully they have long-term plans with heel Bayley, beyond just an impact turn.
    My memory is lacking, but Ember Moon aside, there are no other faces on Smackdown (barring Asuka and Sane, and they're more used in the tag title scene) now that Bayley turned. Also, Roman Reigns has been rejected, but they kept him face. Plus this could eventually lead to a Becky and Charlotte vs Sasha and Bayley feud in the future.

Even with his first round match against Shelton, Gable has been getting that subtle underdog push. He won that crowd over tonight and I like where this is heading. Itís no longer a subtle push.

So Rowan just spoke on the mic for possibly the first time. I honestly cannot remember if he ever talked before. He was good, and well spoken, and cut a good post beat down promo on Reigns and DB. Makes you wonder why hasn't the WWE allowed him to talk all these years.

The only time I remember Rowan talking was in the first Wyatt family vignette.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdDyQ1Qxtvg

It is a shame that since 2012, in 7+ years, the WWE has not allowed rowan to speak. Apparently he is as smart as Bryan said he was, and based on last night, he could speak well, and with time and practice he could be really good.

I just think that all he needs is a shape up to the beard. Shape it so it does not look so Viking like.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    Even with his first round match against Shelton, Gable has been getting that subtle underdog push. He won that crowd over tonight and I like where this is heading. It’s no longer a subtle push.
    Gable is so, so dope in the ring. I'm glad to see him getting a chance to shine.

Smackdown was excellent this week, I thought.

I can see him winning at this point. I'd love a heel turn at the coronation ceremony.

Gable is the only compelling story for KOTR.

Joe, Riccochet, Yawn Corbin and Elias will gain almost nothing from winning, unlike Gable.

Elias and Joe will get their credibility back. Joe mostly because he has lost nearly every feud he has been apart of since moving to the main roster.

Joe's cred relies on his mic work. one of the few guys who just feels like a threat no matter what happens. That is shown when his music hits.

Elias doesn't need cred when he has a guitar. Thus winning the king of the ring is an added prop to a prop gimmick.

I think Corbin is winning it cause they love the guy and because if he doesn't, he can't gloat about anything. Gable has already proven he can hang and just needs better booking from this point. Doesn't need the crown. Unless the idea is for him to defend it like a title.

King Corbin is going to happen. Probably like this.

In 2019, did the WWE really stoop to having Mandy Rose call Nikki Cross ugly? Vince, you are so out of touch.

I'll never understand the idea that heels being despicable can offend fans. If Thanos called Spider Man an ugly twerp, would you say Marvel stopped low and was out of touch? I'm not saying it's high brow, but it fits the character 100%.

it wasn't far enough imo. They've done far worse things with the women than calling someone ugly.

Yeah when I think of things going a bit too far I think of the Piggy James bullshit, not a generic insult like what Powder described. It isn't highbrow as Pen said and it is cheap heat but it's nothing to get riled up over.

Surely heels should be despicable, awful people? It's when stuff doesn't get portrayed as such that WWE really puts a foot wrong, but I don't see any particular issue with that comment.

I am sorry all, that is just bullshit.

The WWE has made it a point to move away from the "Divas Division" and to be an actual wrestling division with real story lines, and real wrestling feuds. By having Mandy Rose come out and say that she "I am beautiful, and Nikki Cross is just ugly" is utterly pathetic, especially in 2019.

You do not hear the top 5 women ever calling out each other by their looks, do you? Never once do you hear Becky, Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley, or Bliss ever insult another competitor because of their looks. They all have legit wrestling beef with them. For that matter do you ever hear any male wrestler call someone out because he is not as good looking as them? The days of The Model Rick Martel and Rick Rude are long gone.

Why couldn't Mandy come out and simple call out Nikki by saying that the only reason she is a tag champ because she is riding the coattails of Alexa Bliss, or something to that extent. But no, Vince has a hard on for Mandy Rose because of her looks and has to set women's wrestling back 10+ years.

If the WWE wants to keep a Women's Revolution going, then you cannot have that type of bullshit go on.

The way I see it, this is just another example of wrestling fans being caught between the old world and the new.

In the old days, if you react to this at all, you think Mandy is out of line and want her to get her ass kicked.

If we'd gone fully into a new, entertainment, "they did it on Friends", then you just wouldn't care. It's just a story, after all, and villains do bad things in stories all the time (it's generally considered to be OK, depending on how it's handled of course). Personally I think this version leads nowhere good but it at least has the virtue of consistency in cases like this.

As it is, some people are caught halfway between, and they still get upset by it but rather than blaming the wrestler (and wanting them to get their ass kicked) they blame the company that has them say these things.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Ok, the old days, did we ever hear Moolah call out Wendy Richter for being ugly?

Or Madusa/Alundra Blaze?

Or Lita or Trish?

No, that crap was around during the Divas search and Divas division. It is a cheap, pathetic middle school insult that has no place in wrestling anymore. There are millions of ways to insult someone in wrestling. Pick anyone of them.

Way to miss the point entirely.

The thing is, you should be offended. In comedy and wrestling, it is vital at times. If they just had nothing but soft corners, being forced to avoid a big list of "No nos", then how can you shock and piss off the audience? Going the route they shouldn't is called smart business. I mean geez, get offended by someone being called ugly, but what about how all Asians are portrayed in WWE? Or how all black wrestlers are teamed together, or have thug gimmicks? But apparently ugly is where we draw the line?

No I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    The way I see it, this is just another example of wrestling fans being caught between the old world and the new.
    Which is what I was eluding to, that in the old days/old world we still did not have wrestlers insult each other by their looks. That started with the Divas. Fans are not caught between the old and new. The fans want that old world of the Divas gone and forgotten, not brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time View Post
    If we'd gone fully into a new, entertainment, "they did it on Friends", then you just wouldn't care. It's just a story, after all, and villains do bad things in stories all the time (it's generally considered to be OK, depending on how it's handled of course). Personally I think this version leads nowhere good but it at least has the virtue of consistency in cases like this.
    And you cannot compare wrestling to Friends. They are apples and oranges. Yes both are scripted, and both are TV shows with plots, but Friends and the like do not try to play off that it is real, like wrestling does. Wrestling is a TV show that wants it fans to believe that it is a real competition, which is completely different that normal shows that just are entertainment.

Yes, you did miss the point entirely. And you're arguing against stuff I didn't even argue. But I don't have time to argue with a contrarian so enjoy shouting into the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Never once do you hear Becky, Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley, or Bliss ever insult another competitor because of their looks.
    Did you watch any of the Alexa/Nia storyline when Bliss was fat shaming Nia? Because that's pretty recent history.

Honestly, I think the Mandy comment is in character and works, and looks to have gotten her some heat. Sure, it's a bit regressive, but it's not offensively so and certainly not to the level you're winding yourself up over it.