Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Did you know he was going to be there? No, then it's a surprise.

If you read the main page, or other rumor mills, then yes you knew that bats was going to be there...BUT, the surprise was what the WWE had him do, by attacking Flair and calling out HHH.

I think, as has been stated that everyone was expecting for Becky to either attack Flair and/or Charlotte.

So the swerve of having Bat's return in the manner he did was the surprise, but the smarkmarks knew he was backstage.

Honestly, it could have gone either way. You could have expected Becky to attack Ric Flair because it would have fit in well to the current storyline between Becky Lynch, Rousey and Flair, but if you read a bit much into that Smackdown segment a few months ago with Flair playing peacemaker between HHH and Batista, you could have garnered a guess that Batista was going to do something. Depends on how you look at it and how much you read into it.

http://lordsofpain.tv/showthread.php...8097#post18097

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    I, for one, am stoked for Asuka vs Mandy Rose at WrestleMania.
    This was a joke, dammit! A joke!

After Triple H's "shoot" promo last night, I sort of want to see Dave pop up at the PC and beat the shit out of some of their cannon fodder brand new signees. Maybe drop a few words about how Triple H couldn't protect his kids or his old man.

Agreed.

But you could also tell that when HHH "broke character" and nearly referenced himself as Paul Levesque, but he stopped himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    After Triple H's "shoot" promo last night, I sort of want to see Dave pop up at the PC and beat the shit out of some of their cannon fodder brand new signees. Maybe drop a few words about how Triple H couldn't protect his kids or his old man.
    Yeah, give me that, please. I'd be all in on that.

The Brain
    I can't say I'm too interested in HHH/Batista personally, but I would like to see a reveal that Flair and Batista are in this together, considering we didn't actually see the attack on Ric. It'd be a great short term role for the dirtiest player in the game and you know he wants to be on TV if he possibly can be. Want to hear him tell off Triple H for treating him like an old grandpa when he is still and always will be the NATURE BOY WOOOOOOO!

That's not a bad direction to go either.

Either way, I hope that at WrestleMania, we get Ric Flair's entrance for this match wearing his robe one more time.

Not a lot of chatter in here about Fastlane VROOM VROOM last night.

I've caught the show and found it...weird. Like, top to bottom weird. Ali turning up in the title match with no announcement could have killed him dead, and the crowd treated him like Rey at the 2014 Rumble. Fortunately, Ali is good enough to turn them around.

I thought that match, the four way for the US belt, and the Smackdown tags were the best three bouts of the night, with an honourable mention to the Raw tags three way too.

Don't really understand having a six-man tag 'Best of The Shield' main event in what as essentially a house show match, but it was fun for what it was.

I really don't get what WWE are doing with Becky. It remains a flabbergasting failure on WWE's part to follow through on that, because it was handed to them on a plate and they've still not managed to walk across the room without spilling their dinner.

The WWE just had to protect Charlotte. They couldn't have her lose cleanly now could they?

In their defence, it is the run up to Mania in which she's going to be in a title match (with Lynch, presumably) - WWE booked themselves right into a hole with that one, and that was the best way out.

Then let Charlotte get herself DQed because Becky won't give up no matter what Charlotte was doing. Ronda being a heel now, disqualifying Charlotte seems weird. But Charlotte snapping makes more sense and would have the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Don't really understand having a six-man tag 'Best of The Shield' main event in what as essentially a house show match, but it was fun for what it was.
    It's just a hotshot to get those six guys on the card (what else would they really have done?) and because it's likely the last time they'll get to do a Shield match on PPV for the forseeable future. Maybe there was some hope that the match would convince Ambrose to re-sign, but he's outta here.

I really enjoyed the booking of Kofi, and he vs Bryan at Mania should be a big match. I'm a little confused about the addition of Ali myself, but If I had to guess I'd say that the original plan, before EC, was that triple threat and it was just another way to get there while still fucking with Kofi. There was a risk to Ali, but considering that his rise was just a random thing that happened at the start of the year without planning for it, they probably weren't that worried if it killed him dead.

Benjaman appearing on Raw is random af.

Eh... not really. Heyman introduced him on Smackdown back in the day along with Charlie Haas to help out Angle after Heyman had left Brock the first time. Heyman being the slime mfer he his calls up Shelton to deal with Rollins on behalf of Lesnar not being there. Thats a good 15 year call back.

Also it has been documented that Shelton was Lesnar's college roommate.

Now that you say that... werent they a tag team in OVW called The Minnesota Wrecking Crew or something along those lines?

yes

So... not a total random occurrence then. Of course, this is expecting the E for people to remember stories from 15 years ago.

I mean, Brock isn't on the show.. its better than doing nothing. Just wish Shelton could still go at a top level. He's lost a few steps imo.

But what should have happened with Shelton last night was not Shelton attacking Rollins from behind, it should have been Heyman using what he was saying but to go further and say:

"You know Rollins, you may think you know Brock Lesnar, but tonight, I have a guy who really knows Brock Lesnar. A man that was his college roommate, a man that trained with Brock Lesnar for the NCAA heavyweight title, a man that signed to the WWE with Brock Lesnar, a man that was Brock Lesnar's former tag team partner. And that man is Shelton Benjamin."

Then out comes Shelton, to some credibility, and still goes onto to take it to Rollins, but loses in the same manner. But it would have given the new fan some relevance.

Didn't Brock insist that WWE signed Shelton when he was signed?

Apparently they explained all of this during an ad break. There are videos of it:

The basic idea is exactly what Powder says there. Not sure why they didn't air it on the show itself, or just structure that bit differently to allow for it to be aired.

The Brain
    Three hours and not enough time!

With Heyman, Brock, and Benjamin all involved in the same story, it's triggering my 2003 Smackdown nostalgia something fierce. Maybe Jamie Noble can unretire and wrestle Rey Mysterio!

Noble vs. Mysterio can still be a 4 star match today

The Brain
    My thinking exactly! And resign Tajiri too, 205 Live needs wrestlers!

You would not be saying it if you saw the work Tajiri has been doing in All Japan recently. Let's just say WWE made the right call.

Shane's speech was arguably the worst heel turn speech possibly ever.

Great promo with New Day and Vince though. Orton and AJ brought some fire to their match too.

The New Day's promo shows why Big E and Kofi deserve to be in the main event scene.

I've been pushing for Big E forever. Big E is the TRUTH! I can see why him and Xavier want to help Kofi achieve the dream, but Big E should be next in line. I just don't want to see him turn on Kofi ever.

Now that would be a perfect story. Big E and Woods help Kofi achieve his dream of winning the WWE Title at Mania. They celebrate with him in the ring and on Smackdown two days later, Big E turns on Kofi and Woods is dumbstruck and stuck in the middle.

Big E's reasoning....."This is NOT personal. I have nothing against you Kofi. You are my friend, my partner, my brother. But I saw that it took you 11 years to finally get a shot at the title, I have been here for almost 7 years and I never received a title opportunity either, and I cannot sit back and allow that to continue. So I'm sorry my brother, but I am coming after the title."

A new twist on a heel turn.
    Last edited by Powder; 1 Week Ago at 02:46 PM.

I'd hold off the Big E turn for a week. I can't think of a more perfect place for the first WWE champion of African decent celebrating than Brooklyn, NY. It's like Eddie Guerrero winning and celebrating in Fresno, CA. There was no better place to crown the first Mexican-American champion (Pedro Morales is the first Latino/Hispanic champion) than San Francisco and celebrating in Fresno. Just let the moment breath, and do the Big E turn next week. The moment is too big to do the turn right away. Well in Eddie's case, his nephew came out and challenged, but it didn't get physical. In this case, I'd give Kofi the chance to end the night on a high note, then next week, set up Big E.

The Brain
    I could see that working, but I still kind of hope New Day doesn't break up at all... you so rarely see a storyline like that in wrestling. Find a way to keep that friendship intact even if they aren't tagging together all the time anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    You would not be saying it if you saw the work Tajiri has been doing in All Japan recently. Let's just say WWE made the right call.
    You're nuts brother, just saw a really good Tajiri match from All Japan in January!
    Last edited by mizfan; 1 Week Ago at 04:19 PM.

I have to agree. I honestly don't want to see New Day split. Everyone is trying to fantasy book it though. But to me, I never want to see them split.

Couldn't you pretty easily have the babyface Kofi who took 11 years to get to that point recognize the talents of Big E and offer him the opportunity to be the first challenger because he sees in Big E everything that Kofi was? You can tease some tensions and little Batista-like glances from Big E, but at the end of the day the match ends with a handshake and a hug.

Big E is 33, he's still got time. Let KofiMania play out, let the guy get his big accolade and have a bit of a run, and then once that time has passed, he can give his endorsement to his friend to go after the WWE Title while he tags with Xavier.

The Brain
    Let KofiMania play out
    This is my big takeaway. Kofi isn't going to be the new face of the company, but they should ride him as long as he's hot. When he cools down naturally, then see where you're at and plan the next step.

Almost like that's the recipe for success in promoting professional wrestling...

Anyway, sure is awesome that Charlotte is in that triple threat at WrestleMania, right?

Almost like that's the recipe for success in promoting professional wrestling...

Anyway, sure is awesome that Charlotte is in that triple threat at WrestleMania, right?

This sums up how I feel about this:

All you motherfuckers are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers. We're gonna fuck your mothers while you watch and cry like little bitches. Once we get to Hollywood and find those Miramax fucks who are making that movie, we're gonna make 'em eat our shit, then shit out our shit, then eat their shit which is made up of our shit that we made 'em eat. Then you're all you motherfucks are next. Love, Jay and Silent Bob.