Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Quote Originally Posted by PEN15v2 View Post
    I always blame rubbing alcohol when I forget things. Such as when I forget to purchase more rubbing alcohol.
    I have to blame the forgetful title reigns. I can't use alcohol as a scapegoat here

Well the forgetful reigns were as follows and these are all from 2019:

Shinsuke Nakamura for 2 days followed by
    R-Truth for 35 days followed by
    Samoa Joe for 75 days followed by
    Rey Mysterio for 15 days followed by
    Samoa Joe for 20 days followed by
    Ricochet for 21 days followed by

The first non-forgettable reign on 2019
    AJ Styles for 134 days
    Last edited by Powder; 11-27-2019 at 10:54 AM.

I forgot R-Truth won the US title. Nakamara losing the title in 2 days was lame.

It's weird how we are at one of the most bland parts of the year (the holidays mean taped shows with barely anything of note, and bad PG Street Fights) can be immediately followed by some of the most exciting times in WWE, with the build up to the Royal Rumble. Usually the first Raw of the new year has a "season premiere" feel to it, such as the return of Bret Hart in 2010. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if John Morrison makes his re-debut the first week of January.

I agree with you.

What do you mean? other than the Lana wedding abortion, that I am glad I missed.

So Robert Roode made his return from suspension for steroids, and when he comes back he looks more jacked tan ever. Hmmm.....what was he suspended for?

Does anybody else think it's a bit awkward that Lacey Evans is getting USA chants going for her against a mixed race woman in Sasha and one with at the very least a Latin-American background in Bayley?

Christ, that's like a wet dream for Fox, isn't it?

I don't think it was intentional. It just goes to her face turn of being a Marine. The circumstances of it are just a bit unfortunate.

Yeah, I don't think it's intentional at all - it's just awkward to see it. I never really 'got' USA chants as a Brit, but understand why they happen when you've got your foreign heel against your American face. Just feels really odd when they're coming up when it's US vs US.

Oli, aren't their soccer chants for certain football clubs VS others? It's the same idea.

Not defending it, but it's just an easy way to chant for your guy or girl.

Quote Originally Posted by PEN15v2 View Post
    Oli, aren't their soccer chants for certain football clubs VS others? It's the same idea.

Not defending it, but it's just an easy way to chant for your guy or girl.
    Yeah, I suppose - Southampton are nicknamed The Saints so have 'When The Saints Go Marching In', for example. My team, West Ham, sing 'I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles'.

And I guess from a national team perspective, you've got England chants of just 'clap, clap, clap-clap-clap, clap clap clap-clap ENGLAND' and so on.

Makes sense, like that.

RAW was pretty rough last night.

They have Sarash Logan again trying to become a badass, but again gets her ass handed to her by Charlotte, and ends up tapping out to the Figure 8 pretty quickly. If the idea is for Logan to become a badass, then you need for her to get the upper hand on Charlotte, and to beat her significantly. Not in a match, but outside the ring. Do not have Logan attack Charlotte, then brawl, then have Charlotte tap her in less than 5 minutes. That takes all the air out of her sails.

Drew McIntyre is getting a face push, and pinned AJ Styles. Good for the WWE. Looking like he will be the one to face Lesnar at Mania.

Riccochet vs Mojo. Who cares? I turned to the football game.

Lesnar and Truth segment. Pretty funny actually. Then Mojo wins the 24/7 title? Again, who cares about Mojo? unless this leads to Mojo vs Gronk at Mania, then I see the logic.

Lashley vs Rusev. Yawn. Wrong guy won, now the feud continues.

Viking Raiders vs the Singh bros? With the outfits and entrance and shtick from the Singh bros, makes them look like the WWE is taking shots at the Young Bucks.

Black vs Murphy. great match.

Rowan just keeps moving on. Nothing new here.

Fist Fight. Nothing new here except KO's spot off the tron. Buddy Murphy now has direction and we now have a new 4 man stable. I like it for Murphy.

Nothing of major note. I found myself changing the channel a lot to the football game.

You're not wrong, but I disagree. The issue is that I watched for different reasons than you, and I enjoyed getting what I was hoping for.

You pointed out a few times "who cares?" about squashes. Again, you're not wrong. This is going to be a major issue for WWE when developing new stars. They've finally seen that partly why they struggled to get new talent to a higher level was the dreaded 50/50 booking. So they've developed some jobbers, and brought in one night jobbers too. There's probably one job match too many per show, and some of them don't advance much. The Rowan and Viking matches were repeats, except Rowan has the caged pet, and Vikings have an unoriginal prematch promo. But in the end, the matches are the same as what we saw last week, and nothing really pushes the story forward.

This is what I liked about Logan vs Charlotte. There was a story there, and while I get wanting to develop Logan as a badass, it's Rumble to Mania season. Logan isn't going to be getting featured anytime soon. This is about putting Charlotte back at the front of the division for whatever story we are getting. Logan showcased her fire, and showed potential. My guess is that she'll be kept on the backburner, but that this 2 week run was a trial, and she'll get a bigger push in April.

I like Mojo. Not as a star, but for a midcard guy, he's very good. He's also delivered in a lot of backstage segments and shined in his few matches, so a 24/7 title run is interesting. It'll be hard to beat the comedy and entertainment of R Truth, but I think back to Steve Blackman as the Hardcore champion, and understand there's potential for this to work with a non-comedic defending champion. Will it match Blackman? Likely not, but I'll give it a shot.

I liked how guys who lost moved into a new story. Buddy Murphy was the big one, but Mojo is another. They lost in their first match of the night, but left a bigger impression later on in the show. I find that fascinating.

Rusev vs Lashley was average, and now that the wedding stuff is over, it'll be hard for the matches to reach the same excitement level because Rusev is just not comfortable working as a face. He's great playing the character, but in the ring, he's very very bland. He needs to bring part of that Bulgarian Brute back. Lashley is solid, but unremarkable, so a match with Rusev won't be great. Either make it sports entertainment, or let them brawl more. But a wrestling match doesn't work with these guys in these roles.

Man, I see Aleister Black making huge imprint in the Rumble. I'm not predicting he wins it, but final four or ironman run is likely in his future.

And that match! When we hear of TV match sprints, Black vs Murphy should be the blueprint (or Roman vs Brock, but that's apparently a less popular opinion). Too bad the ref messed up the ending.

I just found most of the show served a purpose and pushed things forward. The squashes not so much, but the stories really moved forward. Basically, Raw made me want to find out what happens next week, which makes it a great show. Murphy is my top draw right now, as I'm interested in what he does with this faction. Black's next step after winning; KO/Joe, where do they go from here; AJ vs Randy is still a match to look forward to; the push of Drew into a main event spot...etc.

During Heyman's promo where he was describing the rules of the Rumble, and that Heyman was saying that no one in the back was worthy of facing Lesnar, and all I was hoping for was the Fiend to come out and challenge Lesnar.

So Rusev loses once again. Pen, you keep saying that Rusev is benefiting from the BS storyline with Lana and lashley, but all I keep seeing is Rusev losing and falling lower and lower on the card.

The feud has at most one more match, after the Rumble, but Rusev must win that match and move onto his WM opponent. The WWE can't extend this until Mania.
    Last edited by Powder; 5 Days Ago at 12:02 AM.