Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 121 to 160 of 220
  1. #121
    They announced the next Saudi Arabia show "Crown Jewel". That's November 2nd. Survivor Series is November 11th.

    This shit is getting convoluted. They need to calm down the international super shows, or just call those the PPV events. It's exhausting.

    Not to mention Australia and Evolution. This is all within 2 months.
    Last edited by Pheqes; 09-17-2018 at 08:20 PM.

  2. #122
    Almas v AJ again. Sign me up.

  3. #123
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheqes View Post
    They announced the next Saudi Arabia show "Crown Jewel". That's November 2nd. Survivor Series is November 11th.

    This shit is getting convoluted. They need to calm down the international super shows, or just call those the PPV events. It's exhausting.

    Not to mention Australia and Evolution. This is all within 2 months.
    Let's be honest, it's becoming pretty clear that Evolution is being held when it is to deflect from the fact that once again WWE is going to Saudi Arabia and none of the women can go and wrestle. It's incredibly blatant.

    But yeah, clearly the WWE business model is moving towards just having these events funded by rich oligarchs in far off countries.

  4. #124
    Senior Member LWO4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    436
    You know, they might be better off going to other countries for PPV's the way American audiences are responding to their current product. Seriously, they might struggle to fill up arenas soon at their pace.

  5. #125
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    806
    Or is it that the countries not named the US or any in the UK will cheer the faces and boo the heels?

  6. #126
    Senior Member LWO4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Or is it that the countries not named the US or any in the UK will cheer the faces and boo the heels?
    I mean I was getting to that... but I didn't want to say. I don't want to be too obvious.

  7. #127
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by LWO4Life View Post
    I mean I was getting to that... but I didn't want to say. I don't want to be too obvious.
    Isn’t that what we do here? Be blatantly obvious?

  8. #128
    Senior Member LWO4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Isn’t that what we do here? Be blatantly obvious?
    I mean, I see no lie in that statement.

  9. #129
    The Miz looking like he hurt Maryse because of Daniel Bryan is one of the weirdest things I've seen in a while. What a dumb segment.

    What's not dumb is that either Bryan or Miz is getting a shot at the WWE Championship, so I'm pretty stoked.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by LWO4Life View Post
    I mean, I see no lie in that statement.
    Just read the smackdown results. Do I even need to say what you and I both know I'm going to say? Or Should I just leave it be?.....

  11. #131
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheqes View Post
    The Miz looking like he hurt Maryse because of Daniel Bryan is one of the weirdest things I've seen in a while. What a dumb segment.

    What's not dumb is that either Bryan or Miz is getting a shot at the WWE Championship, so I'm pretty stoked.
    Either of Styles vs Miz or Styles vs Bryan should be really good.

  12. #132
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    Just read the smackdown results. Do I even need to say what you and I both know I'm going to say? Or Should I just leave it be?.....

  13. #133
    Senior Member LWO4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by LWO4Life View Post
    I mean, I see no lie in that statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    Just read the smackdown results. Do I even need to say what you and I both know I'm going to say? Or Should I just leave it be?.....
    Nope. See, here's the thing, i want to watch Smackdown, it's actually not a bad show, unlike Raw, but then they pull stuff like that and I'm like, I don't need this in my life. Not even going to check the Hulu version. Everyone was saying, losing to the champ ain't bad, but WWE has NO follow through and it shows. I'm almost to the point were I want to see La Sombra back in CMLL, I watch that show way more anyways.

    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    bruh... you know me... LOL

  14. #134
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    806
    However, Almas in the past few weeks has been getting to shine as a recent call up. He has wrestled AJ a few times, and Bryan a few times and looked great in doing so.

    The follow through should be in that he gets a feud with Bryan after Australia. It is obvious to me, that Styles retains over Joe and the Miz beats Bryan again (that would make it three times in a row) to move on to face and eventually beat Styles to become WWE champ once again. (He has most definitely earned it). Then Bryan will need an opponent, and Almas is a great option. Can and should be a great feud with great matches.

    Then Bryan wins the Rumble and challenges the Miz at Mania for the WWE title and finally wins there. Thus ending the feud.


    Separate question: If both the Miz and Bryan retire this year, and when they both go into the HOF, do they induct each other? Obviously not in the same year?

  15. #135
    Senior Member LWO4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    436
    AJ's losing momentum, plus his beard is weird. Let's talk about it. LOL

  16. #136
    If Bryan feuds with Almas after his feud with The Miz, he's going to need to go over, especially after losing 4 straight PPV matches in a row, so that goes back to the problem with Almas taking too many Ls. Honestly, they should just turn Nakamara face and have Almas feud and win the US title...

  17. #137
    Senior Member LWO4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    436
    Well Rey's signed officially. My plan is starting to take shape. If WWE plays it's cards right, they should have Almas feud with Rey, but not right away. Almas eventually will unmask Rey and get over at the best Latino heel in history! I have hope.

  18. #138
    I liked the opening segment and teasing an Ambrose heel turn. For a second as he backed up a little after Braun said 4-on-1 I thought it was happening.

  19. #139
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    806
    As soon as Corbin said these men, I thought the AOP was coming out to be his partners. I am still calling them as Corbin's partners tonight.

  20. #140
    Yeah that makes a lot of sense. I hadn’t thought of them.

  21. #141
    I hope Liv Morgan is ok.

    She was taking Yes Kicks from Brie and ducked her head on one and got straight up kicked in the face. She was out for the whole match after that. Brie and Nikki canceled what looked like a double suicide dive on the outside on Riott Squad because it looked like Liv was still seeing stars. Her body limped over when she got kicked. It was pretty scary, but she still took a suplex and was in position where she absolutely had to be for big spots.

    But other than that, she peaced out on the outside.

  22. #142
    So I haven’t seen the whole match. Just the clip of her getting knocked out. Brie is in control of those kicks so she should be taking most of the blame for what happened. But Liv did neither of them any favours by ducking into the kicks. You can clearly hear Brie say that she is out. And that right there is what I have the biggest problem with. She’s been knocked out. Why in the fuck is she even allowed back into the ring. That’s completely and utterly inexcusable. You know, I can’t stand Punk, but things like this shows how pathetic they are of looking after their talent. As a doctor how can you with any conscience let her get back in there.

  23. #143
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    556
    There's no way any of that is Liv's fault. She's working the rhythm of whiplash and kick in there and Brie speeds up the last two, catching her right on the dome. If Brie had maintained the pace she was kicking at she'd have been fine, but no.

    It's really starting to grate on me that the Bellas can just turn up and be considered important again, over people that are there day in day out. Between them, Trish and Lita returning, the mess that will be the Rumble where there'll just be a tonne of guests, and Ronda...I'm not holding out high hopes for Evolution right now. Hopefully Becky can deliver something great for the Smackdown title bout, and Shayna vs Sane should be good (again).

  24. #144
    Member #25 SirSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,076
    Not a good look, particularly for the 'verteran' Brie Bella. She pretty clearly stuffed up the rhythm Liv was working on. Did anyone catch Ruby Riot giving Brie back a receipt with a straight hard forearm to the jaw when she was on the apron? She must not have been happy at all.



    @Sir_Samuel

  25. #145
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    206
    From the gif I saw Riot gave her a receipt because Brie botched there; she forgot Logan was supposed to slingshot her into Riot for a forearm and instead forearmed Riot herself. I hope Riot doesn't get in trouble for it but considering how the Bella's stature in WWE I wouldn't be surprised if she gets heat.

    The most unforgivable thing is that Morgan was allowed to get back in the ring after. I know she apparently insisted on it but come on; she's at best woozy after taking those two kicks to the head (which were Brie's fault as she clearly speeds up the kicks, thus throwing Morgan's time off) and probably concussed. The whole reason you have a physician at ring side is to make sure something like that doesn't happen. It did and yet there is pretty much no heat on WWE for that right now. Brie deserves a lot of ridicule but WWE should be getting at least as much flak as she did and New Japan does every time one of their guys gets injured. There is no good reason Morgan should've been able to continue the match. None.


  26. #146
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    186
    Agreed, there is no good reason at all why Liv was allowed back in that ring. She was out cold. And WTF with Brie dragging her across the ring? While they were dead wrong to not stop the match, Brie has got to own up to this or at least someone needs to acknowledge that she's become even more dangerous than she was before. She almost killed herself botching a dive and has gotten really sloppy in every single match she's been in. She botched a few moves with Maryse in their HIAC match as well. I know they're back because they want them in high profile matches at Evolution, but at what cost?

    Honestly, if you look at the kicks to Liv, she was out before she leaned over. The kick right before that was the one that did it, causing her to basically fall on her face. The only thing that kept her up was Brie's knee to her head.

  27. #147
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    687
    The only issue I would have with WWE is letting Liv do that suplex spot. Someone has to be aware that she's out on her feet and she could have gotten hurt worse

  28. #148
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    806
    That is the referee’s job to check on her. He should have put up an X for her to not continue.

  29. #149
    I didn't even notice Brie botched a forearm to Ruby on Monday. Went back and watched. The receipt didn't look hard to me, but I hope it got the point across.

    Since coming back, Brie has:
    - Almost killed herself twice
    - May have concussed Liv
    - Almost broke Ruby's nose

    She was gone from SmackDown!, which I'm assuming has to do with last night. She needs to get back to training.

    I was really trying not to shit on her, because wrestling is a team effort. It's getting way out of hand, though. She's making terrible 1st year mistakes that may cost careers at this point.
    Last edited by Pheqes; 09-25-2018 at 11:29 PM.

  30. #150
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    687
    I don't see the need for Brie to wrestle anymore.. Even if they are doing the Bella angle for Rousey's Match at Evolution, you shouldn't need Brie for that.. and Brie doesn't need to be getting offense on Ronda anyway... After that though... What do you actually do with The Bellas? I'm a fan of both but they had their time.

  31. #151
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    556
    My fear is that they're going to use the Super Show Down Down Under to spin into something like Nikki vs Ronda at WrestleMania, rather than run with Charlotte vs Ronda (or anyone else currently rostered). I doubt it's a warranted fear, but it's nagging in the back of my head.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pheqes View Post
    I didn't even notice Brie botched a forearm to Ruby on Monday. Went back and watched. The receipt didn't look hard to me, but I hope it got the point across.

    Since coming back, Brie has:
    - Almost killed herself twice
    - May have concussed Liv
    - Almost broke Ruby's nose

    She was gone from SmackDown!, which I'm assuming has to do with last night. She needs to get back to training.

    I was really trying not to shit on her, because wrestling is a team effort. It's getting way out of hand, though. She's making terrible 1st year mistakes that may cost careers at this point.
    There was a knee to Zelina Vega as well at some point that I remember looking absolutely brutal, square to the face. It was against the ropes, I'm not sure if it was actually unsafe or anything but it looked properly rough.

  32. #152
    I feel like Randy Orton could be feuding with someone besides Tye. It's a bit odd that Orton tends to attack Nakamara's opponents (Jeff Hardy and now Tye). I get that The New Day are involved in the tag team title scene with the freebird rule, but Orton could be feuding with one of them since after all they represent what he hates.

    Becky Lynch needs new music if they're going to continue having her play the heel. Seriously, where is the new music??

    Is Carmella suppose to be a face now....?

  33. #153
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    806
    After checking on the who is on the Smackdown roster, besides Daniel Bryan, Miz, Styles and Joe, there is no one who is not part of a tag team or Rusev, that is worthy of an Orton feud.

    That speaks volumes about the lack of depth of the Smackdown Roster.

    Here is the current Roster:
    Andrade Almas
    Aiden English
    AJ Styles
    Alexander Wolfe
    Big E
    Daniel Bryan
    Epico Colon
    Eric Young
    Harper
    Jey Uso
    Jeff Hardy
    Jimmy Uso
    Karl Anderson
    Killian Dain
    Kofi Kingston
    Luke Gallows
    the Miz
    Primo Colon
    Randy Orton
    Rowan
    R-Truth
    Rusev
    Samoa Joe
    Shelton Benjamin
    Shinsuke Nakamura
    Sin Cara
    Tye Dillinger
    Xavier Woods

    So who is there for Orton to feud with?

  34. #154
    If they turn Benjaman face, he could feud with Orton, I guess. It just doesn't really fit Orton's motivation however.

    It seems like Orton was better off on Raw after all. At least there he could feud with Balor or Lashley.

    What if Orton costs Bryan the match against The Miz and begins a program with him?

  35. #155
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    806
    Orton vs Bryan again? Well, ok I guess....

  36. #156
    Senior Member LWO4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    436
    Orton vs. Bryan makes perfect sense. They never really concluded anything, Triple H in storyline pulled Orton away from getting his title back after Bryan won it, so Hunter can win his feud with the Shield in storyline. It makes sense that now Bryan's back, Orton would want to get some revenge now that he's beaten Hardy.

  37. #157
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    687
    I would do an Orton/Styles program, getting the title onto Joe to transition to the Miz/Bryan program for mania. Can easily do that by Bryan winning at the Australia show, challenging Joe, but losing because of Miz, then Miz wins the title in multi person match. Meanwhile Orton can go after Styles.

    Its mainly because I don't want Styles to beat Joe three times in a row. And he doesn't need Punk's record. Been enjoying the SD angles but they need something different at the top.

  38. #158
    Feeling Minnesota Powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    806
    I disagree. I think the best way to handle the situation is for the following:

    Styles beats Joe to retain
    The Miz beats Bryan through underhanded tactics and earns the title shot, and declares himself done with Bryan, and yes I know that would be Bryan losing to the Miz 3 times in a row.
    The Miz beats Styles at Survivor Series for the WWE Title, and retains at the rematch at the Rumble.
    Bryan finally wins the Rumble that he should have won twice and challenges the Miz at Mania in the blow off match of their 8 year feud and Bryan finally beats Miz.

  39. #159
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    687
    Yeah in that scenario it discards Joe and I'm not a fan of that lol.. but its fine

  40. #160
    I don't see Joe winning the title anytime soon anyways. Styles is most definitely going to win.

    I know some people may not like Orton Vs. Bryan, but there aren't many people on the Smackdown roster for Orton to feud with and I don't want to see Orton and Rusev do another feud for obvious reasons.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •