Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Just out of curiousity, Powder... howís your cholesterol and overall health in general?

Really good why? How is that relevant to anything?

You just seem to get really worked up anytime Charlotte is mentioned. Donít want you having a heart attack or anything. Thatís all.

Not worked up. Just frustrated that she gets everything while others do not get anything.

Examples you say:
    Emma
    Nattie
    Ruby Riott
    Bayley
    Dana Brooke
    IIconics

All of these ladies could be (or could have been) elevated. Since July 2015, in less than 4 years, Charlotte has 7, yes 7 title runs. 1 Divas Title, 4 RAW, and 2 Smackdown. That is absolutely ridiculous. I know, I know, titles are props, blah blah blah they "mean nothing" etc. But why hasn't Cena broken Flair's record yet? Why won't Orton most likely get anymore title runs? So that the 16 recognized World Title runs still means something.

Charlotte is exactly as Becky's (and Ronda's) promos say she is. Given every opportunity simply because her last name is Flair. You could even argue that Nattie was "held back" somewhat because of who her Uncle is. Vince and Bret may have kissed and made up, but I am sure that Vince still holds resentment towards Bret, and he takes it out on Nattie (farting gimmick anyone).

During the Sasha/Charlotte feud, why didn't Sasha ever get to hold the belt longer than 30 days or successfully have a title defense? Oh b/c they had to put the title back on Charlotte.

• Charlotte is not attractive.
    • Comes across as an entitled bitch (it may be a character, but it just seems like she really believes it, because I do not see her being that good of an actress)- and I teach unnecessarily rich, extremely entitled 12-14 years old for the past 16 years, on a daily basis, so I know it when I see it.
    • She is perceived by the fan base that she is held above the rest of the roster.
    • The audience does not connect with her.
    • But she is talented, and can wrestle.

Charlotte to me is worse than Alberto Del Rio. And yes, when she is in any backstage segment, I change the channel. In ring, no, b/c Becky could show up.
    Last edited by Powder; 5 Days Ago at 10:42 AM.

Okay but to be fair to Charlotte, isn't not like she didn't earn her spot. The door was opened for her by her name, no doubt, but she had to do the work herself.

I once compared Charlotte to Kurt Angle, and I think that's a apt comparison. Think about this for a second, she had her debut match in 2012. That's only seven years ago. By 2014, with two years experience, she was completely tearing the house down -- not being carried to good matches or putting on passable performances. Her performances are a big part of the reason women's wrestling in WWE got a shot at all.

Fast forward to today. With seven years experience she's holding her own with, some would argue outperforming in-ring, Becky with over a decade more experience. She's as good as she is and only now really coming into her own and hitting that time where wrestlers really start to "get it" and discover who they are as performers. That means she can only get better.

Her push is warranted, and the heel turn is precisely because people feel that way about her.

...and The IIconics? Really? They aren't just "not good" they are actively bad. Like, easily the worst two in-ring talents on the roster.

You make a fair point, then why didn't they push Charlotte as another Kurt Angle type of talent and less of the entitled bitch? That would have been better.

And I only say the IIconics because they are already a made Tag Team. Childhood friends that entered the business together and are still together. Edge and Christian anyone? If they toned down the annoying-ness of their gimmick they could be a very popular Women's Tag Team Champions AND Vince could push them for another PPV in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    You make a fair point, then why didn't they push Charlotte as another Kurt Angle type of talent and less of the entitled bitch? That would have been better.
    While not an exact parallel, that's not a bad description for her NXT presentation, when she was popular and pretty well over as a babyface.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Jeez Coach, first Baszler and now the IIconics. Why do you have it in for all my faves? Why must you dash my dreams? Whhhhhyyyyyyy?

(They're not great in ring talents (yet) but they're possibly the best/most fun characters on the roster, in my opinion)

The Brain
    Yeah, whenever I've seen the Iiconics I've enjoyed them for what they are.

I also tend to enjoy Charlotte more than anyone not named Ruby Riott and sometimes Becky Lynch, so maybe it's just a case of "your mileage may vary".

I'm not really a fan of Charlotte but Powder's examples can't really be blamed on her except Ruby and the Iconics (who are a midcard, diva type act at this point.) Nattie is pretty boring and she's a terrible promo. A tag wrestler at best. Emma couldn't do what they wanted so they banished her. Bayley is a sweet babyface that should be a foil for good heels but her downfall was Alexa killing her on the mic and that this is your life segment. And Dana Brooke was getting pushed until she apparently got lazy and gained weight or whatever happened.. Not trying to shame her, but she was triple H's project in NXT and then she comes up and doesn't deliver.

Really, Vince likes who he likes and frankly, Charlotte is easy to book at the top of the mountain, a legacy heel, entitled and all that when she checks all those boxes and can work pretty good.

Does that mean I want to see her in this triple threat? Hell no but I understand why the company likes her.

Dana actually looked great and slimmed down in her most recent appearance last Monday. They pushed her hard in NXT when she was very very green and used her bodybuilder background as a gimmick. Might not hurt to revisit that if they want to get serious about pushing her again.

All it takes is a few victories over the right people for Dana to be healed. Let her get a victory over Sasha or Bayley or hell even Rousey on her last night on RAW before she takes some time off. Dana Brooke with immediate credibility.

Have her take the Seth Rollins/Kofi Kingston approach. You do not have to have her win a gauntlet match, but you could make her overcome "insurmountable odds" to build her right back up.

Another suggestion could be, have Dana be "punished" for her behavior and put into a Handicap Match against Nia and Tamina and have her get a lot of offense in and nearly pin them both only to be broken up. She lasts a long time, never giving up but getting beat down and taking Samoan Drop after Samoan Drop, but she keeps getting back up until finally she drops and the ref calls the match.

The fans get behind her, because of her heart and determination. Simple easy booking.

Why are we fantasy booking for Dana Brooke when thereís plenty of other females that are better in every regard?

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Jeez Coach, first Baszler and now the IIconics. Why do you have it in for all my faves? Why must you dash my dreams? Whhhhhyyyyyyy?

(They're not great in ring talents (yet) but they're possibly the best/most fun characters on the roster, in my opinion)
    They make me laugh, but I don't want to see them within 100 feet of a wrestling ring. They are atrocious in-ring talents.

Peyton Royce I thought showed some potential in NXT but Billie Kay is someone i've never been into in ring. Nice legs and that's about it.

The Brain
    I really enjoyed them in the Rumble but they weren't exactly doing a lot of wrestling there, so I suppose the point stands.

They've got a flawless vibe to me which i really liked that group but also feel the writing for the Iconics has been pretty bad on the main roster.

I really hope Baron Corbin isnít really Angleís final match.

The crowd shit all over the announcement and I get it, but it does make sense.

Yeah, from a long term story, I understand it, too. I think this is one time where you can just throw that out the window and give someone a farewell match people will actually want to see.