Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    I don't think a single person thinks AEW will compete with Raw straight out of the gate, or even a year or two into it. People are just excited that given the funding, the potential is there for something to maybe happen years down the road if all the stars align. If they could even make it to TNA levels pre-2010, I think it would be a success. I don't have high hopes for it, but I wish them well, and have a wait-and-see approach.

I don't think they will compete right out of the gate, but once things get rolling and a few years down the line, they could potentially. I would be all for that if it means WWE gets their act together and stops this BS.

Transgender Terror
    Yeah and start pushing Randy Orton again.

That's totally what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. View Post
    Yeah and start pushing Randy Orton again.
    This again...jeez, go on another year long hiatus.

Transgender Terror
    Get bent, tosser.

However, based on last night's Smackdown, Orton's RKOs were being cheered even though Orton is a heel. So by WWE's logic, that will make them turn Orton face again real soon.

But why is Orton even in the MITB match? We know he is not winning it again, so why not put him into a feud with a newer WWE talent 9younger guy) to lose the feud to put that guy over? Ali would work, Aleister Black would also work.

Or is this just a way to get Orton having a "spot of the night" with an RKO off a ladder....again.

*hes going to hit a RKO on Ali but Ali is going to cost Orton the match leading to a singles feud. Fine with Orton in the match because you donít need a bunch of random singles feuds on the show unless itís a title match. I mean think of it this way, those 8 wrestlers in MITB match, you could pair them off in singles matches on other shows
    Last edited by LK3185; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:36 AM.

NGL. This wild card rule is stupid af.

Rey vs Cesaro was baller on Monday night. Probably the best Raw match this year, off the top of my head and out of the ones I've had an interest in (which, in fairness, is not many).

I did, and I just commented on the Lars segment in the Lars thread.

Oh the fact that Foley who was one of the best all time talkers has lost a bunch of steps in his promo delivery and that the title was not well received and will make a mockery of title reigns like the hardcore title did?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    Umm...so nobody watched Raw last night? Do we not want to address the elephant in the room?
    Everyone has joined T.O. and I in boycotting RAW until we get Rock-Cena III or the long title reign of Western Canadian wrestling legend Sydney Steele. Make one of those happen and then we can talk about the Make 7 Up Yours belt.

I thought that his delivery was perfectly fine. His teeth wind up making him talk a little like his tongue is swollen, but his delivery was great. He's weirdly good at taking scripted promos and making them work, unlike most guys of his generation who seem to stumble and get lost. He got boo'd because the idea for the title is garbage.

I don't know how much of a mockery it'll make of title reigns, it's just a completely unnecessary new title. And my big problem with it is that it looks cheap. Like, it looks cheaply made and not of a very high quality.

It'll be a comedy belt for the No Way Jose's of the world to fight over, and we might get some comedy out of it, but it's just such a stupid and dated concept. It's one of those things that I would imagine must have come from a conversation about how much more they could have done with the Hardcore Title if social media had been around then...but then the planning stopped and the just decided to go with it.

I am interested to see if changes to the third hour of Raw are just aesthetic moving forward, if or they'll move into a more hard hitting and "grown up" direction.

Transgender Terror
    Win a fucking title already, Coach.

I mean, they started the belt off with the two main contenders being a guy who's most notable WWE moment has been pissing himself and one who's is tripping over his own feet. Immediately moved it to a quick roll-up right after the match. And then changed it again to someone in a comical backstage segment.

Doomed from the start.

I'm just sad we didn't get a decent look at Cesaro vs Ricochet, because that has incredible potential as a match up.

Transgender Terror
    Stop ducking the issue, Coach. WIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    I am interested to see if changes to the third hour of Raw are just aesthetic moving forward, if or they'll move into a more hard hitting and "grown up" direction.
    It felt weird to me, I think because they did the aesthetic changes for only the third hour and the actual product didn't change (which isn't that surprising, I guess). Kinda feel like if they're going to do it for the third hour why not do it for the whole show.

I feel like Raw just needs a switch up in it's layout, more than anything. Stop opening with a promo parade and set matches up through on screen graphics/short backstage interviews. Shorten or limit talking segments and get the commentary team to do their job in communicating why things are happening. If it really wants to feel more vital and urgent, it needs to actually live that out and give itself some drive. Half of the reason I can't bring myself to watch Raw is that there is barely anything of what I actually enjoy - wrestling - and too much extraneous BS.

I think it's only going to be a third hour thing. Mick Foley said something about how from now on the third hour is going to be more "raw". But that, to me, has to mean more than just making everything look darker and changing the on screen graphics to black and white. This was just the first week so it remains to be seen what, if anything, will change but you have to figure that their big plan to stop the bleeding of that third hour has to be more than in terms of appearance.

As much as I agree with you in principle about changes that need to be made, for the love of god I don't want to hear the commentators any more than I already do. There were two times between MITB and Raw that I sat on the couch and begged them out loud to stop talking. They need to understand that you can take 10 seconds to let things breathe, especially if you aren't calling the action half the time.

I'm starting to think that Bischoff was right when he had different announce teams throughout the night.

Transgender Terror
    I also was mildly amused every time they had fireworks to kick off the top of the second hour on Nitro. They didn't try to hide from the fact that at the end of the day, it was still just a TV show.

Also, get back to the title chase, Coach. Iken and I are rooting for you, but we'll kick your ass if you fail us.
    Last edited by T.O.; 3 Days Ago at 11:53 AM.

First of all Coach has to find Truth. That guy is a master of disguise. I couldn't even tell that was him in the wig....

By the way, am I the only one laughing myself silly that WWE is so obsessed with doing things 'for the first time ever' or 'mixing it up' or whatever, and yet is going to give us the 1000th Kofi vs Dolph match shortly?

It's kind of fucked up they don't feed Orton to Kofi. You want to legitimize him? That's how you do it.

Orton probably said no, because that's just the type of guy he his.

TO gets mad in 3...2...1...

Transgender Terror
    I like Kofi, you herb.

That's besides the point, you have an unhealthy obsession with Orton.

if it was really unhealthy, TO would still be watching the product.

Transgender Terror
    Last time I watched a WWE show was March 5, in a hotel room.

Wasn't that the exact same scenario for the last time you watched WCW?

Transgender Terror
    HA! Good memory!

Orton's too busy. He heard there's a 24/7 rule in place and is working out how to do the best RKO Outta Nowhere to win it.

(Seriously, that moment is going to rule. Especially with WWE having worked out how to probably frame shots so they actually look like they come from outta nowhere now)

Transgender Terror
    Plus he's in my dreams every night.

https://twitter.com/RandyOrton/statu...296058880?s=09