Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    The Usos and Roman go so far back. It's a nice touch.

If you listen to Talk is Jericho, the Roman episode, Roman talks about how when he finished up with football he and the Usos worked together breaking down furniture (I think it was furniture) for a time in Florida. Quite an interesting listen, especially with the recent news.
    They got pics of the Usos and Roman as kids together. Those 3 are tighter than gloves man. I think Roman travels with his SHIELD members on the road because of the brand split, but you know that him and his cousins are still, and will always be, tighter than gloves.

Sorry to say it, but the Taker and Kane promo was brutal.

Pretty much the whole show was brutal.

Sure looks it. I just woke up and didn't watch it. What matches/segments are worth watching, if any?

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Sorry to say it, but the Taker and Kane promo was brutal.
    They always are. Especially Taker's. It's amazing how the smoke and mirrors of 'I will take your soul and you will rest in peace blah blah blah other goth things *lightning from the sky*' has covered his pretty ropey promo skills over the years.

Supposedly Shane is going to be on Smackdown tonight to discuss his World Cup win. I just hope that the crowd turns on him for the farce that the tourney was, and that Shane turns heel saying that was his plan all along. That is the only way to salvage that piece of crap.

Supposedly Shane is going to be on Smackdown tonight to discuss his World Cup win. I just hope that the crowd turns on him for the farce that the tourney was, and that Shane turns heel saying that was his plan all along. That is the only way to salvage that piece of crap.
    Rumor was that they wanted to turn Shane heel as a way of boosting Smackdown ratings, so this might be exactly what they do, or they mess it all up like they usually do trying to be cute.

RAW opens up with a tag team battle royal, and Strowman comes out and decimates everyone to call out Corbin. While I get the point, the byproduct is that Strowman (the WWE) made the entire tag division look weak.

Also, after the Ambrose segment, Cole turns to Renee and asks her "You know Dean better than anyone...what do you think of all of this?"

The WWE has to do one of two things with Renee:

1. Either come right out and pull the curtain back and truly acknowledge that Dean and Renee are married and have Renee come out of the booth and be his valet, like Maryse was for the Miz.

OR

2. Completely ignore that they are married, and just let Renee do her job commentating.

Because they can't play the sort of game with her. There is no way that she would never support her husband.
    Last edited by Powder; 11-12-2018 at 09:54 PM.

I'm all for number 2. Dean's character is an outside and longer. Just doesn't gel that he would be married to someone so bright and bubbly.

I think we'll find out in this Chronical on the weekend.

Asked the limitations of using these performers in Total Divas and making their private life part of the on screen stuff.

Never mind... reading comprehension, yo
    Last edited by meandi; 11-12-2018 at 10:27 PM.

Wrong side of the ledger. At the start Gargano has a sympathetic character so the two linned up somewhat. Right now Dean is completely unsympsthetic and his values just don't align with Renee's character.

They did acknowledge they were married, or at least then engaged when Ambrose had that feud with The Miz on Smackdown.

Though, I'm sure the WWE were hoping we forgot.

They've been making really weird comments about it like "you know Dean better than anyone" but not coming out with exactly what their relationship is.

Makes me think they don't actually know how they can handle it either. Even a Renee heel turn and come as a valet wouldn't suit Dean's character who has just completely turned saying connections are what hold him back.

This is a very awkward main event. Also, I still think the build up has been shit. Needs brand invasions. Hopefully we'll get some tomorrow.

I hope that Vince calls an audible and allows Becky to go over Rousey. When Rousey came out in the opening segment, she was not greeted with cheers, she was greeted with Becky chants. Then when Becky attacks, the crowd loved it, then when Becky was by herself on the ramp, she was cheered again. And finally when she hit Rousey with the chair she was cheered.

Backy can be the awesome antihero, if the WWE will let her become that. The crowd is behind her, and her character is perfect for it.

I think it would also help Rousey, giving her a setback to overcome as opposed to just trouncing everyone which is never a way to the fans heart.

RAW opens up with a tag team battle royal, and Strowman comes out and decimates everyone to call out Corbin. While I get the point, the byproduct is that Strowman (the WWE) made the entire tag division look weak.
    I think they already did that at WrestleMania.

This would indeed be a good chance to have Becky go over Rousey, but will they? I don't see it happening here.

Well I don't think there has been a more anticipated episode of Smackdown since Daniel Bryan made his comeback.

LWO knows what I am referring to...

Mustafa Ali on Smackdown again. I hope this is permanent although he really deserved a CW title run.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    Mustafa Ali on Smackdown again. I hope this is permanent although he really deserved a CW title run.
    Sounds like it is. Corey said he's part of the Smackdown roster now. I think he will be Bryan's Royal Rumble challenger.

Wow, that's crazy. Not sure he should be pinning the champ already (last night) but that's WWE booking at its finest.

The Royal Rumble challenger part is my spectulation.. They didn't do it on the taped show and it would make sense given that they are kayfabe rewarding those who earn it instead of giving AJ another rematch.

He's not going to win at the Rumble of course. I do think Ali is talented enough to hold the midcard title next year.. possibly the US title at Mania?

They have to give him some promo segments though.
    Last edited by LK3185; 12-19-2018 at 12:50 PM.

Yeah and feature him well in Chicago when they come back there. I'm very happy for him. I thought he shined the brightest and most consistently in the CW division. He can easily serve that pre-New Day Kofi Kingston fan favorite midcard title role.

We finally see why:

1. The WWE needs to stop with the scripted promos b/c Strowman forgot his lines and was mumbling to himself trying to remember them.
    2. Why Strowman will not get the title.
    3. Why the WWE needs to let people cut promos with bullet points, not scripts.

Okay, but a part of that is on Braun, too. If you're out there on live TV you have two options: you either mumble through and hope you remember your lines while looking like a fool, or you ad-lib, get the gist of it out, and try get back on track.

You're likely going to get chewed out either way, so why make yourself look foolish and like little more than a bad actor when you can wing it, get across what needs to be gotten across, and hopefully your shit is strong and entertaining enough that the Vince McMahon chewing you out ends with "good save, though."

A guy like Braun has to realize that in his position, he isn't going to get fired for ad-libbing because he forgot his lines. He's going to be told to remember his fucking lines, but he is going to get in less shit for getting the segment and the match over than for looking like an idiot on TV who forgot his lines.

I completely agree, but the more he fumbles, the more Vince will not put the title on him. Vince needs to loosen up the reigns a lot and allow grown adults to cut compelling promos. Now I know not everyone has the gift of gab, ie. Brock Lesnar, but when Lesnar DOES speak, he shoots from the hip and gets his point across.

Strowman looked like a fool last night, and Lesnar and Heyman were doing everything to try to help him along, but they literally were laughing at him.

Look at the promos between Elias and Corbin, both said what was scripted for them, but they put their own twist on it, and probably ad-libbed a bit of it. Same for Drew with his promo on Cena.

I bet that the conversation about this with Vince sounds something like this:

Wrestler X: Vince, when can I stop using scripts and say promos off the cuff, or with bullet points, but let me show my personality?

Vince: When you get more experience doing so.

Wrestler X: How can I get that experience, when you won't let me?

Strowman is not the guy and I'd argue, they sabatoged him with that promo to push that fact that Strowman will lose and Rollins will take his place.

I like Strowman alot but his rise is limited because he's big for one, which means they can only tell certain effective stories and most importantly, he's not the promo Vince likes. Sure, a monster shouldn't need to talk alot but that's what Vince expects from his top baby.

Based on tonight’s opening promo from Strowman and how Corbin was talking trash about how Strowman can’t beat Brock and how Strowman will never main event WM. They are laying it in thick that Strowman will probably beat Lesnar.

EDIT: ok so VKM just pulled Strowman. Maybe he is not cleared medically yet.
    Last edited by Powder; 01-14-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Finally! Here's hoping.

Geez I guess the front page article was right. Was Braun’s promo last week so bad he got kicked out of the main event?

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    Geez I guess the front page article was right. Was Braun’s promo last week so bad he got kicked out of the main event?
    Word is that Vince had no intention of Braun winning, and just didn't want him to lose to Brock again. Finn is a guy that can take the loss.

Also, that was one hell of an excellent Raw.

Why even book the match in the first place then? You didn't even need Braun to beat Corbin to cause him to be fired cause there's no GM's anymore. Part of me thinks Braun is still dealing with his arm injury.

He's not cleared to come back yet (and I'm sure that factors in somewhat as a "just in case"), but I believe that it was a recent decision not to have Brock beat Braun again. I think that when they booked the TLC stipulation, and even through TLC and the Christmas break they were fine with it, but something has changed. Whether it is the hope for a renewed big push for Braun after WrestleMania in a potentially Brock-less WWE, or maybe the idea that Rollins will be 1 and Braun will be 1A coming out of Mania so that Vince has a direction to pivot if he feels Rollins isn't drawing.

However it seems to have been a late in the game decision that they didn't want to beat Braun again where as of a week ago they were fine with it.

I don't think that it had anything to do with his promo. If it did they'd have just beat him and cooled his push afterward. But if you're going to cool a guy based on one bad outing on the mic, you don't turn around that same night and give him one of the big stunts that got him over initially and include Vince McMahon in it, that would be doing the opposite of cooling him.

This angle leads me to believe that they're not done with Braun vs Vince. Maybe even leading to a higher profile match at WrestleMania where Vince hand picks someone to face Braun. On the way they could do a few more big stunts where he's flipping things and destroying sets with his bear hands and it's costing WWE money or whatever.

Could they be running with Braun vs Batista (as Vince's hand picked opponent)? I know there has always been chatter about Bats having a high profile Mania match, which possibly would have been Trips before his injury, but there's certainly some kind of connection between Bats and Vince through Triple H which would make it a possible logical route for the story to go, in my opinion.

SDL last night was fire from start to finish. Rey vs Andrade was easily the best WWE match in the two weeks of this year so far, and will take some beating as the year goes on.

The only down points, really, were the continued focus on this ridiculous Mandy/Jey crap, which seems like it's come straight from the 'Vince likes her and is now setting out her stories' rumours - seriously, this is sub-Attitude era nonsense - and the focus on a Shane birthday party - but even that led to a fun match between Sheamus and Miz, so isn't all that bad.

So, are piledrivers just not banned for Rey Mysterio anymore? Is the Canadian Destroyer just a move that he does? Because that's two weeks in a row. Is this a situation like when the SSP was banned and Bourne had to prove that he could nail it every time before they'd let him?

Bring back the package piledriver.

What about what Owens uses from the top rope?

What about what Owens uses from the top rope?
    Not actually a piledriver.