Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Live WWE TV Discussion Thread

Iím surprised that no one has started this thread again.

Iím also completely surprisedthat no one else has talked about how god awful the Lashley Sisters with Zayn was last night. I had to turn RAW off last night for nearly the entire segmen. Once the sisters came out and they were men dressed in drag, channel changed.

It was one of the worst on RAW segments possibly ever.

Not when the Katie Vick segment still exists.

That at least had a point, sick, twisted, and terrible, but a point.

I wouldn’t consider it close to the worst of all time but it was very bad and helps nobody.

The Brain
    I didn't watch it because of course I didn't, but from the look of it Sami Zayn brought out three cross-dressing men pretending to be Lashley's sisters, then Lashley came and beat them up, right? Sounds pretty stupid, baffling that you've got someone people might be excited about with Lashley and this is the first thing you do with him.

We're going to see a triple threat match between them for the MITB spot, aren't we?

Lmao my wife just walked by and asked if the iconic duo was trying to be the bella twins. They do look nust like them and suck about as much

Glad Shinsuke didn't say bra and panties match.

Last man standing match? Yup, Nakamura's gonna lose again.
    Last edited by ZeroTolerance; 05-22-2018 at 09:09 PM.

That just opens the door for another non finish. Welp.

The Brain
    I thought for sure the Iconic Duo was going for a LayCool thing. I liked them as characters in NXT, haven't seen them wrestle that much though.

I saw someone put a good idea on twitter, For AJ/Nak would have been an ideal time to dust off the "title can change hands on a DQ" stip. Would be a very creative and fitting payoff to this low blow thing if Nak finally won the title by faking the ref out that he got low blowed. That's not usually a trope I like but it feels like it would fit really well here, and would help really solidify him as a heel.

I thought the taco bit was great.

Everyone in the tag battle royal botched the start except Ziggler and McIntyre.
    Last edited by comfortablynumb; 06-04-2018 at 09:39 PM.

I am so done with Bray and Matt. Enough. Both gimmicks are played out.

Agreed, they are a giant weight around the tag team divisions neck.

This whole 'the WWE has lost interest in its tag division has happened right after they were given the tag titles. My guess is that they were given the championships with absolutely no plan and now creative has no idea how to handle them.

I like them although it does suck they are barely used.

Corbin in an authoritative role is ..... different. Hopefully it helps him.

Yeah, I liked them initially but they are going nowhere fast right now, although that may be more of a general WWE thing than specific due to those.

Corbin will be interesting, gives him a chance to rise or fall, much better than being stuck in the background I guess.

The Brain
    Really hard for me to imagine Corbin being a good fit for an authority/executive role, but stranger things have happened.

Sad that WWE was never really able to get a handle on what made the Matt Hardy stuff so popular. Just over a year ago he was one of the hottest guys around. Ah well.

The problem with Wyatt and Hardy is that the pairing just doesn't make any sense and wasn't build up correctly. They also don't have a feud to work with at the moment.

Thank God Corbin shaved his head.

I wish the match was longer so Revival could play with the crowd more through extensive cheating but they cheated enough. Revival needed that showing badly.

Am I the only one who is bored of Ziggler? He's a great seller, but hasn't done much over the last few years. In fact, Macyntire is literally the only thing about Ziggler that I am remotely interested in.

So many tag team matches tonight.....

The Brain
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    Am I the only one who is bored of Ziggler? He's a great seller, but hasn't done much over the last few years. In fact, Macyntire is literally the only thing about Ziggler that I am remotely interested in.
    You and everyone else since about 2015, I'd guess.

Are you included in that "everyone else"??

The Brain
    Pretty much. I liked Ziggler for a long time, but WWE stopped/started/stopped/started his push so many times that I gave up, and I feel like he did too. Aside from a few minor revivals, like the Miz feud a couple years back, Ziggler doesn't really seem driven to stand out anymore, and if he's lost interest, how am I supposed to keep it?

The ear thing definitely was a good/gross visual.

People talking they want to see Almas go against AJ, and Bryan, well this is what happens... THIS IS NEGATIVITY I DON'T NEED IN MY LIFE

it was a good match though, nothing to be negative about.

First lost thrown away like nada...

I mean he had to lose eventually.

Pero... For a throw away match on TV. Nah. Still upset.

Quote Originally Posted by LWO4Life View Post
    Pero... For a throw away match on TV. Nah. Still upset.
    You're not seriously THAT upset, are you??

Oh, I have a petty side, and I'm feeling really petty right now. This is the best Latino MALE wrestler they've had since Rey Mysterio, and I'm 95% certain Vince is going to fuck this up. This ain't Del Rio who was always just going to be a transitional champion, Almas has a chance to be a true star. And unless this leads to Almas beating AJ, it makes no sense.

It makes sense when they've basically done nothing with him that mattered on Smackdown since his call up. They needed to do something that would showcase his talent and tonight against Styles did that. Do I see him beating AJ for the title? No but i could def see him beating him after.

I'm really down on main roster WWE, thinking they'll fuck up everything that's good, however I took tonight for Almas as positive.. and him acting disappointed can lead somewhere.

They could have had him beat AJ dirty, or by count out or something. I don't think he needed to take an L to AJ Styles.

There's no shame in anyone taking a loss to the WWE Champion. Especially a guy that hasn't been on the roster but a few months losing in a good match to AJ Styles, the guy that WWE is pushing as the number one best wrestler on the planet today.

An argument could be made that the match shouldn't have happened, but it was a strong showing for Almas. If he'd been squashed, I'd agree wholeheartedly, but AJ's role in recent months has been that of Ric Flair as the travelling Champion, being a guy that works with everyone and makes them look like a superstar, but ultimately wins.

Marks on forums hate to see their favourite guy lose. The half or more of SmackDown viewers who either don't have the Network at all or don't watch NXT if they do don't know the guy but do know that he went toe-to-toe with the WWE Champion AJ Styles, even in a loss. That's more of an endorsement from WWE than a win over Sin Cara this weekend or beating Xavier Woods.

There's no shame in anyone taking a loss to the WWE Champion.
    This. Having an up-and-coming guy lose to the champion on a good showing is a classic booking move, and companies like NJPW still do it. Just see how many times Okada lost to Tanahashi before finally winning; it was literally a multi-year story arc, and widely regarded as a classic Flair/Steamboat level rivalry. Or how many times Omega lost to Okada before going over.

This is vastly preferable to WWE's usual 50-50 booking where everyone just trades wins, because no one can lose.

Plus, if Almas wins, he then in WWE booking has a real case to be the number one contender and I think the way he was booked before last night, that would have been too soon. Almas right now should be in the upper midcard, having really good matches with people... if you push him too hard out of nowhere, he might end up like Del Rio.

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    Plus, if Almas wins, he then in WWE booking has a real case to be the number one contender and I think the way he was booked before last night, that would have been too soon. Almas right now should be in the upper midcard, having really good matches with people... if you push him too hard out of nowhere, he might end up like Del Rio.
    BINGO! Alberto Del Rio was really over at one point. He was an internet darling. There was even a time when Thursday nights around here were designated Alberto Del Rio day or something like that.

Then he got shoved down throats. And even his most fervent supporters turned on him. Now, granted, he's had his personal issues, and they probably waited too long to pull the trigger on giving him the belt, but there was a point where people thought that ADR was the next huge Latino star. That he was the next Eddie.

Just like the comparisons people are making with Almas and Rey.

I think he has the talent. I think he has the charisma. I think he has the look. I think he has the mic skills. But positioning him as a top guy on SmackDown right now, as even a dirty win over the Champion would have, before a good chunk of the audience gets to know him would be a mistake. It would smell of shoving him down our throats.

However, a good showing against the Champ, coupled with a few weeks of strong performances and wins over some lower tier guys and a couple of decent feuds will build him up so that maybe come the fall, people have gotten to know him enough and seen enough of that talent that he can be a top guy on that roster.

If he doesn't show up on TV for three weeks, or comes out next week and gets quashed by Orton, then yeah this week was a waste and we see where WWE sees Almas. But I hope that they allow him to take this bigger spotlight and turn it into something more.

Its a weird spot for him because guys that he probably needs credibility wins against are all heels. Before, i would have built him up to beat Hardy for the US title but now you can't do that... I think what they are going to do is maybe have him lose a few more close ones and then he'll snap post summerslam... Cause he hasn't cheated to win yet..

I mean he could always get a credibility win over Bryan, but that may be pushing it a bit at the moment.