Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Hmmm...I could neeeeever see this.
    You're not wrong. I'm not offended. I knew my LOP reputation would fit this description.

And I knew that you would not be offended. Yes, we bicker. Yes, we do not agree, but neither one of us are thin skinned millenials that get offended by anything and everything.

I know that neither of us know each other outside of these forums, but over about a decade (maybe more) we both have a good grasp on each other.

So all is good, and I knew you would get the joke, and take it in stride.

It's not even a joke, I know I'm a difficult person. I told my boss the first day I would challenge them. Cult icon knows it, we argue often enough. I have a meeting with HR on Wednesday, and if it doesn't go my way, I'm handing in my notice.

But I deliver results. Best results possible. And for all we know, KO could be similar. I haven't heard anything like that, but I keep this all in mind whenever people discuss why certain guys don't get pushed more.

I mean just because we argue frequently doesn't mean I think you're difficult.

My apologies Powder. I didn't realize you were joking.

No worries.

SPOILERS:

SPOILERS:

You have been warned.

Apparently the New Day are Smackdown Tag Champions again. I hope that this leads to the Revival getting pissed off at "RAW and Smackdown's management" and they cause the NXT champions (UE) to win at Survivor Series. Then the Revival goes back to NXT and cuts a promo saying that "The only reason that they did what they did (causing the UE to win at SS, was because they are sick of the RAW and Smackdown crap, and, just like Balor, they came back home. This is not agreeing with the UE, but they are here to to challenge the UE for the NXT Tag Titles."

God, I hope that is the case. Because if it isn't, then I would flat out ask for my release, months ahead of time, and join AEW. The Revival have been treated like crap and AEW would appreciate them.

The Revival have, supposedly, already asked for their release at least once back in January; how has that worked out for them?

I understand this is going to devolve into a different discussion I'll point this out now that I have the floor; if I were a WWE wrestler who wanted out, I would 100% NOT ask for my release. It worked out for Shawn Spears and KENTA but that's because WWE thought Spears was useless and KENTA was going back to Japan. Beyond that they won't let anyone go. That should be obvious given that Mike Bennett, a guy who's biggest storyline in the last few years was getting cucked, ask out and they won't even let him go! If a talent wants out, the best thing to do is ride it out ala Jon Moxley and leave when your deal is up. Plain and simple.

Transgender Terror
    What?

Why can't the Revival ask out of their contract? Their current contract expires in April 2020 anyway. What do they have to lose? Being kept of TV? So what, they still collect for another 6 months and then they can berate the WWE if/when they leave. If they are not kept off TV but are continually treated like shit, then they can still berate the WWE if/when they leave.

The ball is 100% on the Revival's court. They have all the power.

Unless WWE freeze their contract...

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Transgender Terror
    Well it is cold outside...

How can they freeze the contract? Seriously? I do not know.

If you're making yourself unavailable - not fulfilling your contract - the WWE can apparently 'freeze it' to stop you running out the clock.

I'm surprised this is something you haven't heard of - it's been a part of the conversation about pretty much everyone who has wanted out over the past couple of years, going back at least as far as Neville.

Maybe The Revival are happy? I keep hearing this 'they must be unhappy, they're not getting a chance' line, but to be honest I don't see anything that suggests they actually want to go. Dash himself said that the story around them asking for their release wasn't necessarily fully accurate - https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other...vival-14124007

It goes back even before that. Rey Mysterio is the first one who had his deal frozen, I think back in 2014. His contract was running down and he was looking to head back to Mexico to retire (at the time Rey was so banged up that no one, including himself, thought he was going to round back into form the way he did for AAA, Lucha Underground and now WWE these past few years), but because he had missed so much time via injury WWE decided to freeze him so he couldn't leave. Eventually Rey threatened to take it to court and at that point WWE balked and Rey was able to get out.

Since then there's been a few more instances of this. WWE froze Daniel Bryan's contract right before he retired due to his injury issues; he got back on the clock by becoming the GM of Smackdown, which is what I believe ultimately created the leverage for him to get cleared by WWE because he was legit going to leave and go to CMLL and/or New Japan when his deal expired in September of last year. PAC was another guy who's contract was frozen when he walked out, though he did ultimately get out of it a year or so later (no one knows why and PAC, to the best of my knowledge, has never spoken about what happened). The most recent instances are Luke Harper, who had six months added on to his deal either before or after he asked for his release in May (his deal was supposed to be up around this time, but because he missed time due to injury WWE added time on) and one of the members of the Revival, who had a few weeks added on because of injury. That's actually probably not the same thing now that I think of it, but around the same ballpark.

It actually goes back even further than Rey. When Hall, Nash, and Madusa jumped ship to go to WCW, WWE froze a few contracts then to prevent more people from joining them. You could probably trace it all back to Madusa dumping the WWF women's title in the trash on WCW television.

I must admit, when I said 'at least as far' I knew we were probably going to be able to go back beyond when it became a key part of the conversation.

I did not expect to roll so quickly back to 1995!

Some fine work guys. In short we can all agree that it's not as simple as just going home and waiting.

Wyatt revealed the new Universal Title belt.

And it's God Damn Blue! Why? Why? Why?

If they were making changes, why couldn't the WWE take a page out if it's own book, and look at the Women's belt. Make the Men's leather strap black, but have face behind the W blue. The new belt is uglier than the red one.

Transgender Terror
    Take a tip from a bisexual transgender, WWE. Gold and blue clash far too much to work well together. That belt looks like Elsa and Link got it on, and we're all worse off for having seen it.

The belt or Elsa and Link getting it on?

Transgender Terror
    Both, buttmunch.

So, like, I normally check the Raw results and then pick up the bits I think are worth seeing.

Can anybody name me one redeeming feature of last night's show?

At the moment, I'm essentially at a point of 'well, guess I might watch Murphy vs Tozawa?'

AOP beatdown of Ryder and Hawkins is good development even though you don't need to see it. People liked KO and Drew (i mostly skipped it because of the reason for the match six days before a PPV where you're a team)

Also Carillo has a fun match with Anderson.

Finishes are gonna be weak because WWE feels the need to shove the invasion storyline and not do anything really interesting with it.. pretty much the same every week.

I won't be watching Survivor Series

Maybe that's why I was more drawn to Murphy vs Tozawa.

In theory, yeah, I want to see Drew vs Owens, and I'd love to see Andrade vs Rollins. But in reality I don't really want to watch either of those pairings work TV matches in largely second gear because they know the finish is the Lucha fucking House Party turning up and beating them down.

I guess it's also the first of three shows where they end with Tony Schiavone shouting 'we're outta time, folks!' this week. So...yay, I guess?

I'll tell you what, if the Survivor Series ends with Owens throwing his lot in with NXT and turning on Raw I'm all the way in.

Hey man; that Lucha House Party thing is going to sustain Metalik, Dorado and Kalisto for months!

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    Finishes are gonna be weak because WWE feels the need to shove the invasion storyline and not do anything really interesting with it.. pretty much the same every week.
    Every year, the fake brand feuding is tiresome by this point. I can get into this with team sports as well, but Sasha was Raw for her entire main roster career. Why does she care about SD now, or why should we care that she cares about team blue? The NXT part is somewhat unique, where they do have brand pride and something to fight for. But red vs blue? Who the fuck cares?

I do wonder if this whole Series build would have been better if you had NXT as the invading party against a Raw/Smackdown hybrid.

Hey man; that Lucha House Party thing is going to sustain Metalik, Dorado and Kalisto for months!
    It's more the disappointment that we're not going to get this on Raw:

Yeah, I feel like they need some stakes. The winning Survivor Series team gets to wrestle in a five-way match on their show to determine the number 30 Rumble entry or something. Then at least there's a reason for guys to put aside their differences for a night (and in the build) because they know they might get something out of it.

Orton is the closest to a motivation after last night, because he wants to prove that he's the greatest Superstar in the history of Survivor Series.

I wonder if NXT puts some stake son their War Games match, saying the winning team moves on to Survivor Series (and gets to choose one additional member) to compete against Smackdown and RAW.

Part of the problem is we just had a draft so its not like there’s guys been with the same brand for years and the way wrestling works, not gonna have loyalty after hating someone on the same brand the week before

I would have for this build after the first invasion, had it where RAW and Smackdown battled each other to take on the united NXT, that way we wouldn’t have all these triple threat matches with no heat. The best build has bedn the women’s champions match

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    It's more the disappointment that we're not going to get this on Raw:

UGH this kills me.

I know, right?

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    I wonder if NXT puts some stake son their War Games match, saying the winning team moves on to Survivor Series (and gets to choose one additional member) to compete against Smackdown and RAW.
    Issue then is that they've now announced Cole vs the winner of Dunne/Dain/Priest for Survivor Series, plus got the Undisputed Era and Strong in matches on that card already - you'd assume they aren't all going to work double duty, so that would kind of spoil the result of WarGames in advance, I think.

My guess is we get it resolved tonight who's Team NXT, but it's basically Team Ciampa plus one, most likely Riddle.

In regards to the womens triple threat match, I think Bayley should win so she can continue her mometum from turning full on heel. However, the most likely to win is Bazler. I'd be surprised if Bayley did win.

The IC/US/NXT NA title match has had some build between AJ Styles and Strong (Because of interactions between the UE and The Club) whereas Nakamara has kind of just been....absent from the build up. I feel like Nakamara will win this one as a result of being absent from the build, which I won't mind.

As far as the tag triple threat match goes, I see Viking Raiders winning it. I think the NXT tag champs should, however.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    In regards to the womens triple threat match, I think Bayley should win so she can continue her mometum from turning full on heel. However, the most likely to win is Bazler. I'd be surprised if Bayley did win.
    I see one of two things, either Bayley is in the match to eat the pin if they want to continue to build toward a Becky-Baszler singles match. Or, Baszler pins Becky.

Becky is probably the one who can most "afford" to take the loss, but I wonder if they see more money in a singles program down the line and feel like it would be more fresh if neither one had pinned the other.

Since Becky was the one to pin Rousey, and IF they are building to a Wrestlemania singles match between Becky and Baszler, then Becky cannot take the loss, and Bayley has to. The only one of the three where taking the pin affects the most is Shayna.

Who is the competition for Bayley? No one. So Bayley can take the loss, even in a dirty finish, and she will be no worse off than ever.

Shayna should win, and I don't care how.

I think that's the only win I see for NXT on the night, to be honest, but Shayna's been portrayed in such a way that there's nobody that should be able to beat her right now. There's only one match I can immediately think of where she's got a 'lucky' win and that's when she fell out of the cage against Shirai.

With 5 matches booked that are brand VS brand VS brand, it's hard to predict which brand will get the win overall. If it were 6,a tie would make sense. If it were 7, I'd say Smackdown would get the win with 3, while raw and NXT would get 2 each.

But 5, tougher to predict. I feel like NXT needs some momentum coming out of this, but I also can't picture them winning more matches than raw or Smackdown.

I predict that:

RAW wins the Men's Elimination
    The Viking Raiders win the Tag match by pinning the New Day
    Shinsuke wins the Midcard title match by pinning Styles (getting his win back from Mania in the process)
    NXT wins the Women's Elimination
    NXT wins the Women's Ttitle match by Shayna pinning Bayley
    Brock beats Rey
    The Fiend beats Bryan

Oh and Cole beats whoever win on Saturday.

I know I have SD only winning one match, but in my prediction, the NXT stars are completely protected. Losing in an Elimination match is different, than individual matches.
    Last edited by Powder; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:24 AM.

Charlotte can get eliminated by either Sasha or Nikki and all would be ok, but hopefully they have Rhea Ripley eliminate Charlotte.

Either way, Charlotte's exit can be as dirty as possibly with distractions and a roll up, or she eats 2-3 people's finishers prior to getting pinned.

I would want Rhea to cleanly pin Charlotte. That could one of the first big time moments for the next big thing in the Women's division.