Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    So, I just didn't watch tonight, looks like I messed a hot mess. Should I watch from my DVR, or erase that shit.

Watch KO vs. Rollins.

The promo leading up and the aftermath.

Other than that... Eh. Maybe the first 5 minutes?

Roman had one of his better promos in a while off the top, and I learned the term "meat shack", so that made the whole thing worth it. He's been subtly getting better at promos.

KO/Rollins was good. The main was setting up a six man for next week.

We want Becky chants during the women's championship match. Acknowledged by Carmella. Good luck muting that

Seriously, it's incredible how over Becky is right now. We know WWE are tone deaf when it comes to their favourites from the whole Roman stuff, but the miscalculation on turning the Becky/Charlotte stuff into face Becky Vs heel Charlotte is remarkable.

I mean, fuck, Charlotte's a Flair dammit. They're the most booable family in wrestling for a reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Seriously, it's incredible how over Becky is right now. We know WWE are tone deaf when it comes to their favourites from the whole Roman stuff, but the miscalculation on turning the Becky/Charlotte stuff into face Becky Vs heel Charlotte is remarkable.

I mean, fuck, Charlotte's a Flair dammit. They're the most booable family in wrestling for a reason!
    Agreed. I never understood why Charlotte wasn't an almost permanent heel like her dad. It's NATURAL.

With that said, I feel like WWE is trying to revert the whole Becky heel turn. They've been running polls and theoretical "Was Becky Justified" tweets on twitter. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure there was a hashtag started for her too.

I'm one of those people that like things being shaken up. Yeah, Becky is super over and the fans won't boo her, but damn I can't deny that this heel turn isn't intriguing.

Becky's heel turn was entirely justified though. Her promo explaining why, got cheered bc it was all true.

If Sacha had turned on Bayley we would’ve got the same. It’s not a bad thing as their match will be money.

So, Velveteen Dream is going to EVOLVE. I think that this is the first time an NXT wrestler has actually wrestled on an EVOLVE card. They've made appearances, but I'm pretty sure those were always autograph signings, promos, etc.

Is this a test run to firing back at ROH? It would certainly be a boost to EVOLVE's business if they were the only promotion in North America that had WWE contracted talent performing on their cards. It sure looks like they're sending someone with enough of a name to the indy crowd to make a difference, but that they wouldn't be completely fucked if something happened.

But, if all goes well and they can work out a strong relationship, what kind of houses could WWE help them draw against ROH if they could have The New Day for a date, or Daniel Bryan -- the guy that the whole promotion was supposed to be built on the back of.

This isn't a test run; EVOLVE is running an event in MCW's (Maryland Championship Wrestling) arena and requested Dream because he was trained there. That's all.

Even if it was it would be a mistake. Part of ROH's success, in addition to the Bucks and Cody working their asses off, is because fans want to support a non WWE promotion. EVOLVE at this point has disappeared so far up WWE's ass that they're seen by many as the second developmental program for them; this was highlighted by Matt Riddle (who's wife revealed this story) getting an offer from New Japan, telling booker Gabe Sapolsky he was going to take it...only for Triple H to suddenly call back minutes later and offer him a deal. Throw in the fact that EVOLVE's product isn't what it was a few years ago and how their roster has thinned (of their regulars, only Tim Thatcher, WALTER and Shane Strickland are stars and they have bigger commitments elsewhere that don't guarantee them being on every show). WWE would legit have to send every big star they have to make it work and that's not worth it when you can just see those guys on WWE TV. So no, I don't see EVOLVE competing with ROH any time soon. You'd have to have the talent and the goodwill for that and EVOLVE is seen too much as a WWE flunky on the decline to do that (unlike Progress, a WWE flunky that most people still find entertaining).

Welp.

Taker and HBK sparred on the mic and made me realize how much I miss the late 90s/early 2000s.

The WWE just told us that we are probably getting HBK vs Taker at Wrestlemania!

I was thinking a Triple Threat in Australia.

But holy shit... I couldn't imagine an HBK return at 'Mania. That'd be too damn perfect. With that being said, it's Wrestlemania 35, and I know there is usually emphasis on anything ending in 5 or 0 for annual events.

HBK finally addressed the retirement, the "every year someone asks" and that Taker basically dared/told him to come out and face him. Tonight's promo and the Super Show will make a match at Mania happen.

My wife is watching with me tonight. And i got mad at the dominos commercial. Her words; Maybe you should meet with Jinder Mohammed. I laughed so hard i spilled my beer a little bit. She wants me to find my inner peace and stop being angry at commercials

I wish they'd call Braun, Dolph, and Drew Shield Breaker. They formed to fight off the Shield. I think Shield Breaker is a great stable name.

What a very weird and head scratching ending. Can’t say I’m a fan.

Dolph and McIntyre as Tag Champs makes total sense, but beating down the Revival, on TV, then taking their title match? I guess I could excuse that one, considering Corporate Corbin is in power, but a lot of plain awful booking on RAW.

Kevin Owens makes his grand reentrance from retirement one week later to beat down Bobby Lashley? Then he comes out to help beat down Shield? Can anyone justify this booking a week after that retirement angle?

They literally threw like 20 guys at the Shield to build sympathy for Reigns. In addition to the Stone Cold, being arrested for anarchy angle earlier on. Man they are throwing EVERYTHING into getting Roman face pops, and he is still getting heavy boos. What's next, Reigns drives a beer truck down to the ring next week and hoses Vince down after Vince says the disrespectful, punk Shield must be stopped? Maybe a 50 on 3 handicap tag match?

I donít know how I feel about that ending but I liked seeing Gulak involved. He was more visible than most others during that beatdown.

And Drake Maverick managing AoP is interesting. We will see how Drakeís dual role works out but itís nice to see him get more screen time.
    Last edited by comfortablynumb; 09-04-2018 at 01:39 AM.

Kleck, you have to stop looking at everything and ask 'how are they trying to get Roman over?' It is a highway to hating things. Let go of who is pushing who and let them tell you a story.

The ending was simple, uping the stakes. The Shield have made too many enemies in the past and have basically declared to a locker room of testosterone fuelled men that they are gona run the show from now on. This was those guys showing The Shield they can't be messed with. Ball is now in The Shield's court to fight back and show they can still take it to the rest of the locker room.

As for the ring leaders, Dolph and Drew are two guys who were shunted down the ladder when The Shield showed up originally so they are naturally going to get on the front foot, take the fight to The Shield and enlist anyone they can to help them get the job done. Braun pretty much said in the opening segment that he had no choice but to team up and get himself a team as even he couldn't take on these three men at once.

EDIT: Not to tell you how to watch a show, if you want to watch it that way it is your choice, however I can see if is really frustrating you and that makes me a little sad because I'm personally absolutely loving it right now.
    Last edited by SirSam; 09-04-2018 at 08:59 AM.

@Sir_Samuel

Quote Originally Posted by SirSam
    Kleck, you have to stop looking at everything and ask 'how are they trying to get Roman over?' It is a highway to hating things. Let go of who is pushing who and let them tell you a story.

The ending was simple, uping the stakes. The Shield have made too many enemies in the past and have basically declared to a locker room of testosterone fuelled men that they are gona run the show from now on. This was those guys showing The Shield they can't be messed with. Ball is now in The Shield's court to fight back and show they can still take it to the rest of the locker room.

As for the ring leaders, Dolph and Drew are two guys who were shunted down the ladder when The Shield showed up originally so they are naturally going to get on the front foot, take the fight to The Shield and enlist anyone they can to help them get the job done. Braun pretty much said in the opening segment that he had no choice but to team up and get himself a team as even he couldn't take on these three men at once.

EDIT: Not to tell you how to watch a show, if you want to watch it that way it is your choice, however I can see if is really frustrating you and that makes me a little sad because I'm personally absolutely loving it right now.
    Completely agree! Sam put it more eloquently than I could have, but this is exactly how I feel as well.

That's wonderful for both of you. I wish not to speak for Kleck, but I'm pretty sure he'll agree with me when he says he's not either one of you! Don't let his or anyone else's dislike upset you. If you like something you like it, if you don't you don't. The wonderful world of opinions or some bullshit like that.

Is it wrong that the Becky Lynch heel turn was what was needed to reignited my interest in Smackdown?

its not wrong. WWE expecting people to boo Becky is the issue but Becky needed a change and she's killing the role even if she'll never get booed.

I really have enjoyed SD as a whole lately. Joe/AJ been intense, Charlotte/Becky, even tho i don't care about the match at all, Orton/Hardy has been handled really well... New Day are tag champs again after the Bludgeons sorta of flopped.

Well, Orton not being involved in the US title match at summer slam was kinda weird imo.

I get that Almas looked strongish against Bryan, but he could have used that win. Or at least, him winning via Miz Interference last week wouldn't have hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon
    That's wonderful for both of you.
    Lol. Wonderful for you too, my man.

Whoever booked Raw this week was either high as shit or a fucking idiot.

Based on recent creative decisions, I guess the latter is most likely...

Seriously though, did they just hire a new head of creative or something and they want to move the show in a completely different direction to the one it was going in? I'm not up with the news, so if that's true fair enough. But...Maverick with AoP? No character sensibilities at all through the show? Tossing The Revival to one side despite weeks of building them up? Heel Braun cutting in ring promos to start shows? Braun running away from anybody? Balor being in an (extended) squash against Braun just weeks after he Demoned up and won in like 90 seconds? Gable and Bob Roode suddenly teaming together? Owens returning a week after quitting with absolutely no build, no reason, and not even to continue a feud against the person who made him quit in the first place Braun Strowman?

And that goes without trying to comprehend The Shield being arrested for fighting people on a show where the whole idea is people fight people, being processed, seeing a judge, getting charged, and posting bail in the evening on a holiday, highjacking a police vehicle (which I'm pretty sure is a further offence on their rap sheet), returning to Raw, and then fighting people on a show where the whole idea is people fight people, presumably meaning they get more charges to their names.

Like, Sweet Baby Jesus and the Orphans what the fuck was that?

And I'm not even talking about the whole 'is this show enjoyable or not, can I enjoy the show?' side of things. I'm just talking about 'does any of this make any sense?' Which, you know, if you're me ties in to enjoyment of the show, so maybe I am saying that, but besides all of that where the hell is the logic and storytelling in this? Where is it leading? I don't think asking for character consistency is much.

At least Smackdown continued it's current streak as the *counts on fingers* fourth best wrestling show of the week.

Yeah Raw made little to no sense.. Also real smart throwing Rollins into a van which cuts his arm pretty bad. Safety first my ass lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
    That's wonderful for both of you. I wish not to speak for Kleck, but I'm pretty sure he'll agree with me when he says he's not either one of you! Don't let his or anyone else's dislike upset you. If you like something you like it, if you don't you don't. The wonderful world of opinions or some bullshit like that.

What Iken said. Though I have a lot of respect for all 3 of you. I just cant get over how contrived this entire push feels to me. If it's a swerve then I'll pay respects to a brilliant story arch, but as Oli pointed out about RAW, a lot of this feels like WWE flying from the seats of their butts, just pushing the panic button 24/7. I would love to see Ambrose screw Reigns out of the title personally.

I did like the Lashley stuff though. It's nice to see Lashley get some TV time.

The Michaels/Taker segment was good, though it felt rehashed a bit from their encounters in HHH vs Taker Mania years.

Elias is on a strong character stride. Alexa is always pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    I get that Almas looked strongish against Bryan, but he could have used that win. Or at least, him winning via Miz Interference last week wouldn't have hurt.
    I could get started, but I'll spare everyone that type of rage right now.

I like that McIntyre and Ziggler are champs, but it's weird to me that this story is sort of being given the b treatment (pun intended or not intended). It's being handled on weekly television with Dolph and Drew focused on bigger things.

Weird to me. Like it truly doesn't matter.

Okay, I get why Drake Maverick is on Raw (because he's managing AOP), but why is Drew Gulak on Raw? That's really random. Sure, all the heels are after the shield, but he's just so random being on Raw...

[QUOTE=LifeLostInRewind;9608]Okay, I get why Drake Maverick is on Raw (because he's managing AOP), but why is Drew Gulak on Raw? That's really random. Sure, all the heels are after the shield, but he's just so random being on Raw...[/QUOTE}

I actually think having Maverick there could be the opening some 205 talent needs to get on Raw again. They should use this, Maverick starts to have 205 heels appear and be the fodder to AOP.

Wouldn't it make more sense for him to use faces as fodder for AOP??

I mean more as dudes to get beat by the SHIELD before AOP destroys the SHIELD.

Miz just yanked Brie out of the ring and she fell so hard on the floor that Miz naturally reacted with a "I'M SO SORRY!" expression.

That was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLostInRewind View Post
    Okay, I get why Drake Maverick is on Raw (because he's managing AOP), but why is Drew Gulak on Raw? That's really random. Sure, all the heels are after the shield, but he's just so random being on Raw...
    Drew's on Raw because he's the fucking best. No other reason needed.

I still love all the work behind and during this Miz/Bryan stuff. Especially great is that Brie got to punch Miz in the mouth before Bryan did.

It was originally sold that 205 Live was part of Raw, which was true until Vince lost interest. So technically the roster could be on Raw at anytime.