Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    I guess getting arrested doesn't matter to Vince.

It was a disorderly conduct arrest which will probably get dropped. Not his best moment but not that big of a deal. If it was a DWI I think it’d be different.

Didn't they also win a title when the other Uso got in trouble?

I've quite enjoyed this pay per view so far - granted, I'm only through the first three matches including the pre-show, and all three were ones I had some expectations for. It could all go to shit with the handicap IC title, Ronda vs Ruby, and Corbin vs Strowman matches, so I might march back in here tomorrow and say it was trash.

Honestly, if you're not watching the pre-show and 205 Live you are really missing out. Buddy Murphy is on another level as a performer right now, probably putting together a strong case to be the best all round guy in WWE not called Daniel Bryan.

The women's tag EC was a lot of fun, if a bit sloppy. I'm amazed - still - that despite all her ropey booking Bayley is the most over non-Championship level female on the roster. Having her and Sasha come out together after ten other women who entered to the sound of indifference and boredom just drove the message home.

The IIconics are still the greatest, and I was really glad to see get a bit of shine and personality in their moments. They'd be the ideal opponents for Bayley and Sasha coming up, although it seems obvious that Tamina and Nia have been booked with a get out to position themselves as the next rivals.

I've got a feeling Sonya Deville is going to fuck around and become a superstar. I'd be so super into Sonya vs Ronda right now.

Usos vs McMiz was a fun little tag bout, nothing amazing but perfectly fine. I just wish I didn't have to watch Shane look like he's about to die when wrestling in this, the year of our Lord 2019.

Like I say, it might all go to shit after that, but there's certainly been nothing objectively bad - and the pre-show match was certainly very, very good - on the card so far.

The main event chamber match is great stuff and ends the night the right way so I don't think you'll be disappointed, Ollie

Yet, why is Joe still treated so poorly?

Blame Orton for having a story with AJ and Kofi/Ali in the spot he was, Joe was never going to be main focus of the match. Just have to accept that Joe's not in any big plans for mania.

Forget Mania, just in the WWE in general. He had an amazing month in the Lesnar build and then tossed aside. And his work with AJ was really good, but again tossed aside. Joe should have held a Major title by now.

I'm not saying you're wrong or that I disagree but his role in the match wasn't to win. That's just a fact. So unless you're taking Bryan out of the picture, we're talking about past misteps that they took, rather than current ones is all i'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    I guess getting arrested doesn't matter to Vince.
    It does, but potentially losing one of your tag teams in two months and wanting to keep them happy matters more.

What team is leaving in 2 months?

he's referring to the Usos maybe leaving in April. Was a report out that they hadn't re-signed yet.

Ahhh...Well all that is left for them is feuds with:

Revival - PLEASE
    Sanity
    Roode and Gable
    Heavy Machinery - Please
    AOP
    Nakamura and Rusev - please no

Well...that could last 18-24 months.

A mini NXT showcase tonight. I can dig it.

Oh shit. DIY vs. Revival
    Last edited by comfortablynumb; 02-18-2019 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    The main event chamber match is great stuff and ends the night the right way so I don't think you'll be disappointed, Ollie
    Yeah, I'm going to throw it out there but that might be the best main roster pay per view of the year come December - if you forget about the Raw episode they shoved in the middle.

There's never been a more obvious display that Raw is utterly, utterly shit when compared to Smackdown/205 than Elimination Chamber.

Although last night's show reads like trash, and apparently happened in front of a terrible crowd.

Last night was just a RAW introduction for NXT.

But why? There's no purpose for it, and absolutely no logic in it - Ciampa and Gargano are basically having a will they/won't they reunite story on NXT, so they just bring them up and tag them on the main roster? And then they beat the tag champs? And then last night they beat the last but one tag champs on Smackdown too. Like...just why?

All that NXT nonsense is forgotten ollie lol.

Haven't they teamed up a couple of times in NXT recently?

I think we should get used to the notion that they're going to be a team if they stick around on the main roster.

I'm wondering though if this is just one big ad for NXT. These guys aren't going to stick around for the long haul, but maybe there will be an NXT match on WrestleMania and they're trying to use their most viewed time of the year to promote NXT.

They did team for that halftime heat thing and I think it was sort of a direction they were going in. They were also still roughly the same characters on TV just in a tag team. Ciampa was lucky he didn't hurt his knee last night.

I'm thinking all 4 are in a soft call up.. Meaning, they're up and will be around past mania, maybe have a mania match of sorts.. but I don't think they're in main roster plans like setting up major feuds with anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by LK3185 View Post
    They did team for that halftime heat thing and I think it was sort of a direction they were going in. They were also still roughly the same characters on TV just in a tag team. Ciampa was lucky he didn't hurt his knee last night.

I'm thinking all 4 are in a soft call up.. Meaning, they're up and will be around past mania, maybe have a mania match of sorts.. but I don't think they're in main roster plans like setting up major feuds with anyone.
    That was scary as hell. Until he broke up that pin, I thought we were watching his last match this year.

Would they really risk (hypothetically) putting Ciampa vs Gargano vs Black vs Ricochet on the Mania card and having it handily steal the show? I mean, you throw those four out together in front of the Mania crowd and give them 15 minutes or so to work and that thing is going to be way over the top.

I don't know how much of a risk it is. It'd be a really good, really hot opener if they had 10-15 and were allowed to just do their thing like Halftime Heat.

WrestleMania is supposed to be a hodgepodge of "something for everyone", so why not?

I'm actually strongly in favour of NXT UK getting a title match on the show, too. I would like WrestleMania to be the ultimate peak of every brand under the WWE umbrella. NXT, NXT UK, 205 Live, Raw and SmackDown should all have representation from their top stars. And I don't think that they should do the obligatory 50/50 shit with the males and females from their smaller brands. If Toni Storm is more over than Pete Dunne, than Dunne gets to work Takeover and Toni works the big show.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    I don't know how much of a risk it is. It'd be a really good, really hot opener if they had 10-15 and were allowed to just do their thing like Halftime Heat.

WrestleMania is supposed to be a hodgepodge of "something for everyone", so why not?

I'm actually strongly in favour of NXT UK getting a title match on the show, too. I would like WrestleMania to be the ultimate peak of every brand under the WWE umbrella. NXT, NXT UK, 205 Live, Raw and SmackDown should all have representation from their top stars. And I don't think that they should do the obligatory 50/50 shit with the males and females from their smaller brands. If Toni Storm is more over than Pete Dunne, than Dunne gets to work Takeover and Toni works the big show.
    I like this idea as long as they would control some of the lesser main roster acts from being on the show. Integrating NXT into Wrestlmania would make those shows all the more special.

Mania is like five hours long, right? And that's probably not changing regardless of how miserable a five hour wrestling card makes me? And the pre-show is like three hours?

So plug all of your "fit everyone on the card" matches into the pre-show, and then fit in a match from NXT and a match from NXT UK and a match from the inevitable NXT Latin America and feature your biggest stars and matches from your biggest brands. If that means that The Usos are defending the tag titles on the pre-show because their angle isn't over enough to make the main show, that's too bad for them.

I don't disagree with taking that route at all, actually. And aren't they looking at an NXT Japan?

The thought of putting up a third of a day to watch Mania is already making me miserable, though. It's so much.

Mania is actually close to 7 hours long. The Main PPV usually starts around 7 and in the past few years, it has run to midnight, and the pre-show is 2 hours long, which has a few matches.

So with roughly 9 hours of show, how can they not fit everyone on the card? Also, they could begin to put a time limit on matches, like 15-20 minutes max which will allow for more matches, less skits, no musical performances. I for one, would greatly appreciate more matches. You could realistically have almost everyone on the main rosters involved and get a Mania payday. You would not need to have any NXT matches as they have their own PPV the night prior.

But in 7 hours, you could have it. Last year there was 14 matches with 3 on the preshow. Eliminate the music, and the skits, and shorten the entrances, and we could easily have closer to 20 matches.

^Lol at you thinking Mania is still just a wrestling show in 2019. The music/skits/etc arenít going away for more wrassliní.

I know it's not, but that is the problem.

Okay, but WrestleMania was never intended to be the biggest wrestling show of the year. It was intended from day one to be a major entertainment spectacle. From the very first WrestleMania, the entertainment aspects of it were as, sometimes more, important than what went on between the ropes. Remember, the first WrestleMania was weird filler bullshit until the last three matches and nothing on that show went even 15 minutes. The in-ring action didn't matter as much as the spectacle.

It's the same today, with the difference being that it's the one night of the year that everyone comes with their working boots on.

If you don't have all the extra stuff, it's just a longer wrestling show with guys working harder in the ring. It's the over-the-top entertainment stuff that makes it WrestleMania.

I would much rather see either everyone not necessarily making the card just because they're under contract, or a lot of matches moved to the pre-show in order to make the ones on the main card that much bigger and maybe add a little variety to the main card with NXT. Put all of your biggest angles in the company on that card, draw attention to NXT and NXT UK from a crowd that's not necessarily watching every week. But let all of this awesome wrestling comingle with the purely entertainment aspects.

I agree with Coach, Mania is still a big deal for fans to go to, its turned into a brand itself. The Musical performances, pyro (that they only use for mania now) are added bonuses that make Wrestlemania what it is. I don't think everybody needs to make the show, every wrestler that works there i would think works hard to be on that show and sometimes it doesn't happen, Becky Lynch will be in the main event this year after working a preshow last year. Just how it goes.

The more matches on a show, it tends to blur together and less things have a chance to stand out. Less is more in terms of matches imo. Build up your best 8 to 10 stories for mania and go with that.

My only beef with the musical performances is that they're always shite. Or I'm old.

I like when the musical acts have something to do with the performers and playing out their entrance. its a cool touch without wasting 10 mins in the middle of a show to cool down.

but at the end of the day, i think they're pretty harmless

Kinda random but definitely a creative way to bring Bautista back.

I wonder if they do a real celebration now for the live crowd. That was a sweet belt.

I can't be the only person who expected them to cut to the back and show Becky attacking Ric, right?

Batista's nose ring is funny.

That is exactly hat I thought was going to happen. I’m ok-ish with the Batista attack. But now all RAW will be about is Bats vs HHH at Mania. Yawn.

I'm actually really glad for that angle to have gone down how it did. It was a little awkward and I wish they'd made a sound or two or maybe had Batista slam something into the door on the inside just because it was an angry Batista walking into the locker room, silence, Batista dragging Ric out.

But I just knew that the birthday celebration was going to have Charlotte bring her dad to the ring only for Becky to crash the party with police chasing behind her and someone would have gone through the cake. So this was just the perfect type of swerve.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    That is exactly hat I thought was going to happen. I’m ok-ish with the Batista attack. But now all RAW will be about is Bats vs HHH at Mania. Yawn.
    This isn't 2005. Batista likely won't be on TV every week, he's not going to work matches at Raw and what is HHH gonna do besides a 15 min promo. They also didn't finish Becky's story so they still have to put focus on that. The ladies are still the main focus.

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Farrell View Post
    It was a little awkward and I wish they'd made a sound or two or maybe had Batista slam something into the door on the inside just because it was an angry Batista walking into the locker room, silence, Batista dragging Ric out.
    The way I looked at it was that Batista had already attacked Flair before dragging the cameraman over.

I'm bummed out that some people are kinda crapping over this already. Personally, I really enjoyed the surprise return and look forward to the buildup and match.

Was it really a surprise return though? The seeds were planted for Batista vs. HHH during their little segment at the Smackdown show a few months back.