Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    That's a big chance for Umino. They must be high on him.

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    That's what I was thinking about Umino. It's a pretty big opportunity for someone in his position. I wonder if they're going to give him or other Young Lions more shots on bigger events sooner rather than later. They need to get some of these younger people more visible.

The Brain
    Are y'all high on Umino? I've only seen him once, thought he was good but didn't leave a huge impression.

It's far too early to tell, as with most Young Lions when they're at this point. But I've seen a few of his matches by now and he strikes me as someone who's on a really good path. It's particularly impressive to me because he's just 21 years old right now. I might be wrong but New Japan seems to rarely put that young of a talent on major shows like this.

Jushin Thunder Liger is retiring at next year's Tokyo Dome show. He will travel the world in meantime and have last matches.

What a legend

The Brain
    Damn, that is sad news. His longevity and continued quality of work has been awesome, he's STILL having good matches at 54.

I remember first seeing him in WCW sometime around ‘95 or ‘96, and they were already touting him as a legend. More than 20 years later, and he’s still going at it. Amazing.

He's also one of the better known pro wrestling figures to the general public here in Japan. My wife - who doesn't follow wrestling at all - was the one who broke these news to me because it was on some of the news outlets here. She knew who he was because he's constantly featured on random TV shows.

Deg, is he bigger than Tiger Mask over there?

Honestly, I'm not sure. I've heard some references to Tiger Mask by TV personalities. But I've seen Liger talked about more, and of course seen him on TV for all sorts of shows (usually comedy shows, though). I don't watch a whole lot of TV these days so I might be way off on those assumptions.

GO (CH)ACE!

“Stoop to your own level. Your nature. Trust yourself. And most importantly... You have to learn what laws are really laws and not… Oppression."

Catching up on NJC matches and DAMN Ibushi vs Naito was straight fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Catching up on NJC matches and DAMN Ibushi vs Naito was straight fire.
    I have no recollection of that match. Or the one from the G1 either.

“Stoop to your own level. Your nature. Trust yourself. And most importantly... You have to learn what laws are really laws and not… Oppression."

The Brain
    With those two, can't say I'm shocked! Are we still thinking the winner of that match takes it all?

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it until everyone wakes up and realizes it's the truth; the best wrestler in the world isn't Okada, Ibushi, Omega, Naito, Rollins, Styles or Fenix, it's fucking Tomohiro Ishii.

The Brain
    And here I thought he was third between LA Park and Teddy Hart.

Stop it mizfan! As much as I love LA Park and Teddy Hart, neither guy is getting the classic Ishii just pulled out of Taichi this morning. I think Taichi is better than many give him credit for but he's never been this good. That credit has to go to Ishii, never mind the fact that he's had at least six of the ten best matches I've seen in the past year.

So...

ROH Tag Team Champs are now PCO and Brody King.

They will face title for title against GOD at MSG.

The Brain
    That's pretty awesome actually. I'd love it if they won, two super talented and invested guys, albeit on opposite ends of their career.