Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    We're probably getting Jay White vs. Tanahashi for the WK contract at the very least. Could also see Jericho at King of Pro Wrestling.. if his cruise is later? i forget.

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    Jericho's cruise is at the end of October. I took a quick glance now at the Fozzy tour dates and he has a show on September 29 and another on October 6, then a break until November 7. He can appear at Fighting Spirit Unleashed to set something up for King Of Pro Wrestling, but that's pretty short notice and he's probably have to arrive to Japan on the day of the show. He's obviously crazy enough to do that, but I'm guessing he'll hold off maybe until Power Struggle.

The Brain
    This is me going back to check out a G1 match that Xan suggested, that I missed the first time through!

Zack Sabre Jr vs. SANADA 7/21/18 NJPW G1 Climax Day 6

I'll say this, Sabre may very well be my favorite guy working New Japan right now, he's really won me over in the past year or two and now I can't get enough of him. What I really liked about this is most guys come to wrestle Zack with the same game plan, only to be drawn into and then abused by his super technical style. But SANADA, he came prepared! He had Sabre scouted and intended from the word go to not only play the technical game, but to win it. Zack did an amazing job selling his frustration and increasing his urgency as SANADA foiled him many times over. This was smart, told a really good story, and perhaps most importantly never overstayed it's welcome. This is a great little match and to be honest I like it more than some of the much more hyped G1 matches from this year! Not the absolute best, might you, but in the upper tier for my taste.

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    Although I'm posting this in the New Japan thread, this bit of news relates to a lot of wrestling promotions.

A few Japanese wrestling promotions are coming together to put on a special event to commemorate Giant Baba's 20th anniversary of his death. It'll take place February 19, 2019 at Ryogoku Kokugikan (Sumo Hall). Among the companies involved will be New Japan, All Japan, NOAH, Wrestle-1 and Big Japan. This is pretty huge to have all of these companies come together, and given the professional wrestling landscape across the globe it comes at a great time. There aren't many details released yet - there's no card announced yet, who will be participating, if they'll broadcast it somewhere, etc. I'm sure more info will trickle down soon.

Given that each company has separate broadcasting partners, it probably won't be on any streaming service like NJPW World or AJPW TV (most likely it'll be shown at some point on Samurai TV here in Japan). As for the matches, the consensus is that it'll consist of a lot of multi-man matches since it's probably impossible to have opposing companies come to agreements on singles matches. Still, one can dream, right? I'd kill to have some singles matches like Okada or Tanahashi vs. Kento Miyahara, or Tomohiro Ishii vs. Daisuke Sekimoto.

The Brain
    That is really cool, though I agree I wouldn't hold my breath for any dream singles matches. If they can do even 1 or 2 though that could be really awesome. I want to see Ishikawa bulldoze some big NJPW name.