Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    The Brain
    For sure, can't end Liger's career without referencing one of the coolest bits he did over the years.

I'm actually really looking forward to Liger Vs Suzuki. They've been building to it really, really well.

The Brain
    God, I hope it delivers. The most excited I've been about a New Japan match in a while.

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    Lots of news in the past two days. I'll summarize some of it.

King of Pro Wrestling has come and gone. Some good, solid matches, but not a lot of interesting stuff beyond that. Probably the most shocking thing was the United States championship getting vacated due to Jon Moxley not showing up thanks to the recent typhoon disrupting his travel plans, apparently. In the end, we got Lance Archer replacing him in the bout against Juice Robinson and winning the title. I feel bad for Juice but I'm pretty happy Archer is getting some attention placed on him.

New Japan held a press conference a few hours ago about Wrestle Kingdom 14. Some interesting news came out of that.

The IWGP Heavyweight Championship match is official between Okada and Ibushi, and it will headline Night 1 of Wrestle Kingdom. Ibushi continuously mentioned that he wants to win both the IWGP Heavyweight title and the Intercontinental title the next night, so they're teasing a title vs. title match for the second night.

Jushin Thunder Liger will have not one, but two retirement matches on both nights. On the first night he'll be part of an 8-man tag including Tatsumi Fujinami, The Great Sasuke, Tiger Mask, and more legends. It's a weird match to do but Liger seemed psyched because he looks up to Fujinami. His second match on January 5 hasn't been announced yet. They'll have a retirement ceremony for Liger on January 6 at New Year's Dash.

Finally, the Power Struggle card is beginning to take shape with a few championship matches, headlined by an Intercontinental Championship match:

- Jay White vs. Goto for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship
    - KENTA vs. Ishii for the NEVER Openweight Championship
    - Naito vs. Taichi
    - Okada and YOSHI-HASHI vs. Ibushi and Tanahashi

it was funny because when the press conference was announced, some on twitter myself included was expecting some big surprise but that didn't really happen.

The Brain
    Maybe they'll try to do something special with the multi-man match? If I recall correctly Fujinami was in some very highly regarded elimination matches with New Japan in the 80s, so they may be harkening back to that.