Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    I'm not super into the MCU but I think it would take the public rejecting super hero movies in general that and doing films that aren't crowd pleasing. 4 in one year seems alot but its only 2 and half hours out of a day in the end result. If the movies are good, people will watch.

Personally, for me it's when the quality of the films/shows starts to dip, which in my opinion has not yet happened. That's not to say that each subsequent film has been better than the previous one, but they have all met and very often exceeded expectations.

I've tried taking up column writing, check it out here!

Words from a Gooner #2: 7 Treatments for Wrestlemania Fever

I also wonder stretching the limits of who people are gonna pay money to see a movie about. The Eternals and Shang-Chi are very niche in the Marvel Universe as far as popularity BUT have the benefit in Eternals of having an intriguing cast and Shang-Chi a kung fu movie which is entirely different than what the MCU has offered.

They made a movie with a raccoon and a tree. Iím pretty sure they could put out a Great Lakes Avengers movie and nobody would blink an eye, and Disney would still make a bazillion dollars off of it. Again, itís all about quality.

Quote Originally Posted by meandi View Post
    They made a movie with a raccoon and a tree. I’m pretty sure they could put out a Great Lakes Avengers movie and nobody would blink an eye, and Disney would still make a bazillion dollars off of it. Again, it’s all about quality.
    To date I'd rank the 2 Guardians films among the best of all comic movies.

Guardians 3 is one of my most anticipated movies upcoming, followed closely by the new Dr Strange flick. Those movies will be the new phases standard imo.

Doctor Strange is one of the ones I was pleasantly surprised with. I knew little about him from the comics, and I wasnít terribly familiar with Cumberbatch in general, so I went in watching nearly completely blind, and I was thoroughly entertained. Iím looking forward to the sequel, epescially with it being billed as Marvelís foray into the horror genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Kleckamania View Post
    To date I'd rank the 2 Guardians films among the best of all comic movies.
    This. Before watching them, I had absolutely no knowledge of them at all in the slightest. They turned out to be the 2 of the films in my top 5 Marvel films.

As for the Eternals and Shang-Chi and other niche films coming out, I have full confidence they'll be great based on what they did for other films I had no idea going in, such as Guardians or Antman.

If there is one slight niggle in the back of my mind, it's that they have lost their two biggest characters in Ironman and Captain America and it'll be interesting how they move on from them. Then again... they could easily come back somehow, it is Marvel after all!

Ironman and Cap imo were largely popular due to who played them. So if you nail the casting with other major properties joining (X-Men and FF) you could have similar success.

It's not necessarily that they were popular, it was more to do with the fact that by and large they had a presence about them, even when not directly involved in the story. Especially with Ironman.
    Last edited by Gooner; 10-08-2019 at 06:31 AM.

Not saying you're wrong but it wasn't going to last forever and I do think RDJ elevated the character who was largely an afterthought in Marvel before the MCU started. Moving on from Ironman is difficult but it shouldn't be and isn't impossible.

No, it's not, but it is a hurdle they haven't had to get over for 20+ films. So as long they can do that, then Phase 4, 5 and 6 are probably all going to be just as successful.

Shang Chi will do well because of the China pandering, which is the only reason they're making the movie. And like LK pointed out above, the Eternals cast is very strong and should help draw in casuals.

I know they said Fantastic Four is in development but it'd be great to do a standalone Dr. Doom movie first. Arguably the greatest comic book villain of all time and has yet to properly portrayed in a movie.

Im waiting on Namor.

Some people think that line in Endgame from Okoye about explosions in the ocean were a nod to Namor.

I think most people caught that reference. At least people that know and understand that backstory. I wouldnít be surprised if Namor shows up for at least a cameo or midcredit scene in the next Black Panther movie given Wakanda and Atlantisís history in the comics. I know there was some confusion several years back on which studio actually had the rights to him (much like why Hulk canít/wonít be in any solo movies...), but I think since Disney has the mutants back after the Fox merger, Marvel can now slip Namor in through the back door since heís actually a mutant in the comics. (Almost like how Marvel retconned Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver several years ago in the comics and said they werenít actually Magnetoís kids nor were they mutants, thus Marvel was free to use them in AoU.)

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    New Black Widow trailer came out recently, so was curious to get everyone's thoughts. I think it looks like a lot of fun, and if it is able to capture the same sense of tone that Winter Soldier did then we could be in for a treat.

On the other hand, I've never been a big fan of Scarlet Johansson, and the Black Widow character felt increasingly like an add-on as the franchise grew older rather than a full-fledged character in her own right. While this new movie is likely in place to help offset that a little bit, it doesn't change the fact that my interest level is pretty low outside of a slightly positive reaction to a well pieced together trail.

I don't have strong opinions on the character to be honest, but between that film, Venom 2 later in the year, and 1-2 others in the meantime, it could be quite a busy year for Marvel.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

So apparently Christian Bale is in talks (already confirmed maybe?) to appear in the next Thor movie. I donít know how I feel about that. I love Bale as an actor and canít think of a single movie heís done that I donít like, but this seems like a bad idea on the same level as Edward Norton as Banner/Hulk. And donít give me the whole ďheís already done superhero/comic book movies and they turned out greatĒ spiel, please. Nolanís Batman movies were a whole different breed of superhero movie compared to the MCU.

Well it all depends on what Thor we are talking about?

Hemsworth or Portman?

Because if Bale is being cast as Hemsworth's foil, then no thank you, but it is Portman's than I'll wait and see to cast judgement.

It is like 'The Batman' that is being filmed. Colin Farrel is the penguin, Paul Dano is the Riddler, and Zoe Kravitz is Catwoman all behind Pattinson as Batman. I am holding my breath.
    Last edited by Powder; 01-10-2020 at 01:29 PM.

I see Bale appearing as no different than Cate Blanchett appearing in Ragnarok. Amazing A-list actor that you would not expect to be in a Marvel movie coming in to put on a memorable performance as a (likely) villain. I'm really looking forward to it, no matter who he's playing.

So I just read that in Thor: Love and Thunder, they will explore Valkyrie's sexuality, where she will be a member of the LGBTQ community, meaning that she is gay. No problem with that, at all.

My problem is that the same resource said that "they hinted at Valkyrie's sexuality in Ragnarok". Ummm...when? Where? When I recently re-watched Ragnarok last weekend, the movie heavily implied the sexual tension between Thor and Valyerie, especially when they both stopped the ship from chasing Banner when they were escaping Sakaar, and when they both jumped back onto the ship they had that 'sexual tension' moment.

What did I miss in Ragnarok? Maybe the flashback scene, where another Valkyrie sacrificed herself? Other than that where was the implication of her being gay?

Wasnít Ragnarok where they hinted at it; it was End Game when Thor tells her sheís the new king while he goes off on adventures with the Guardians. She something along the lines of ďI guess my first order of business is finding a queen.Ē

Gotcha. Completely missed that. When I re-watch Endgame again, I will take note.

Iím seeing so many bad theories/rumors/whatever videos on YouTube about Love and Thunder. The latest one that caught my eye is claiming Keanu Reeves is showing up in it as Silver Surfer.

Hmmm...does that mean that in Phase (whatever this is) Galactus will be the big baddie where all the movies lead to? That would be interesting.

Itís being speculated that there will be two big bads during this next set of phases... Dr Doom on Earth and Galactus in space. Supposedly the MCU is being split in two directions from now and youíve got your Earth heroes in Spidey, Falcon, Black Panther, etc and then there will also be a focus on the cosmic side with the Guardians, Captain Marvel, Nova (whenever heís introduced) and so on.

On the Sony side of things... the Morbius trailer looks really good.

Big Spider-Man connection at the end of the Morbius trailer too.

Dr. Doom they should give him his own movie to set it up right. If there's one character who has been done a horrible disservice by the Fox movies, it's Dr. Doom.

At this point, Iím still somewhat doubtful of that character that shows up at the end of the trailer, but at the same time, I have a feeling that Sony would know the backlash they would face by showing him and it turns out itís somebody completely different for that movie.

Ok. I need some clarification. I thought the Upcoming Black Widow adaptation was supposed to be a series on Disney Plus. Now it seems that it will be a stand alone movie. The premise is that it takes place after Civil War when she is in hiding. But it is a movie, now?

I've not heard that before, think I've only ever heard of it as being a film. In the original Avengers lineup only Black Widow and Hawkeye didn't have stand alone films at the time of release so they were always rumoured to get one at some point.

Could be wrong though.

Black Widow has always been a movie, not a television show. Hawkeye is the one getting his own show on Disney+, although that has apparently now been pushed to the bottom of the list for future projects.

Thanks, Loki too right?

Loki is television, along with Vision and Wanda, Falcon and Winter Soldier, She-Hulk, Ms Marvel, and Moon Knight. Upcoming movies are Thor, BW, Shang Chi, Eternals and Dr Strange.
    Last edited by meandi; 01-14-2020 at 11:04 AM.

Moon Knight. The Batman rip off. Great.

I wouldnít call it a complete rip off. More like a merging of Batman and Deadpool.

So last night I was watching the ending of The Avengers for the 100th time, and it finally dawned upon me, that there are absolutely huge plot holes in the movie.

First off, as it turns out there are 2 different Infinity Stones in play, the Space Stone and the Mind Stone. Well that is where the first plot hole comes from. When Natasha is trying to close the portal (more on that later), she and Selvig have the conversation where Selvig says that "Loki’s scepter, the energy... you can’t protect against yourself." It was clearly implied a few times in the movie that the scepter was powered by the cube, Fury even said something along those lines. How? The scepter had the mind stone, hence why Barton and Selvig were mind controlled, and why the Avengers were all at each other's throats in the lab. Plot hole 1 as the scepter is the mind stone and not powered by the space stone. Two completely different stones with two different powers, and one should not be affected by the other. Also do not give me, when Wanda was able to destroy the mind stone in Infinity War, according to AOU, she was created from the mind stone, so that is destroying the thing that made you, which makes sense.

Plot hole 2. Why did Loki even need to build the device to open the portal? When we finally see Thanos wield the Space stone (tesseract) he does not need any device to teleport anything, he just opens a portal and steps through. So why is it when Loki got his hands on the Tesseract, why couldn't he just open the portal? Or at the very least, give the tesseract directly to Thanos so he can open the portal and have the Chitauri come through. A machine was totally unnecessary.

AND finally plot hole 3, Thanos already had the mind stone. He gave it to Loki. The quote was that "You question us? You question him? He, who put the Scepter in your hand, who gave you ancient knowledge and new purpose when you were cast out, defeated?". So why would Thanos give up one infinity stone? He literally could have just mind controlled everyone. And then had Loki give him the space stone.

Soooo..

In Infinity War, it was said that Thanos is practically unstoppable once he had control of 2 stones (power and space), so once Loki obtained the tesseract, why did he not just give it to Thanos, and then he would have had the mind and space stone, and then he would be practically unbeatable, and with the complete ease he got the Reality stone from Nowhere, it made no sense to why he waited to complete his plan.
    Last edited by Powder; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:19 AM.

I donít think any of those would be considered plot holes. Continuity errors due to later movies adding new elements... sure. But at the time that movie came out, none of those contradicted the plot of the movie.

OK....Age of Ultron is on and watching it again....

More inconsistencies in the MCU.

Directly after Vision is born, Thor said "I had a Vision....It's called the mind stone, it is one of the 6 Infinity Stones..." or something to that etent.

He says this in front of Banner and Stark. So they heard of the Infinity Stones before, and they did not question Thor more about them. So then why is it in Infinity War, when Banner gets sent back to Earth, Dr. Strange has to explain what the 6 stones are to Banner and Stark?

When Thor had his vision about the stones, that was the first he had ever seen or heard of them. He mentions it to the rest of the team, and then later in the movie says heís leaving to find out more about the stones and implies (or maybe explicitly states?) that heíll return and tell them what he discovers. That takes at least two years as explained by Ragnarok and how Banner has been in a hulk form that long and doesnít remember much. Doctor Strange explains what the stones are in Infinity War because he has extensive knowledge of them already, but Thor hasnít been able to return to explain what heís discovered yet like he said he would. Itís not really an inconsistency, I donít think. A couple of added lines of dialogue during that scene when Strange is explaining wouldíve helped straighten things out, though. Something like Bruce or Tony says ďThor mentioned these stones when he had that vision, but heís been kind of busy the past few years, so we donít know what he knows. Explain it to us Strange.Ē