Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Stan was a true culture changer. Like I've posted on my Facebook, he started writing comic book during a time when the Western was the big box office draw, and he helped shift the culture, with characters that relate to the modern American, shaped by the science revolution of the 60's and issues dealing with the civil rights movement of the 60's. The Culture Wars played out on paper and are now being retold as the blockbusters of their day.

Just seen on Twitter that Netflix have cancelled Daredevil?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

YUP. Apparently Netflix has come to a standstill with creative over the Marvel Shows and they think there isn't much left to tell, story wise, so they cancelled the Marvel shows. Jessica Jones and Punisher are either filming or wrapping their season 3 so they will be released when completed, but after that, most likely they will be cancelled as well.

The big rumors going around is that the Disney Streaming Service will pick up all of the shows and continue them in some manner, but who knows. Netflix might own the rights to the shows as they plan on keeping the existing seasons on the network, but not making more. So I am not sure if DSS can make new seasons without being able to reference the past seasons. But again this is all rumor so who knows.....
    Last edited by Powder; 11-30-2018 at 08:33 AM.

Iím not buying the ďnothing left to tell as far as storyline stuff goesĒ. The final scene of both Luke Cage 2 and Iron Fist 2 show they clearly had a plan for the third seasons of both shows. Iím almost positive this is just Disney putting any new stuff on hold until their service starts up. And then at that point, theyíll pick up with Cage 3 and Fist 3 are so on and so forth.

Iím also of the belief that new seasons will not only reference older seasons, but it will still all be canon, and it will be like we didnít miss a beat. Iím almost Marvel learned their lesson selling off characterís rights in the past, and that they still retain all of the Netflix characters. If anything, there might be a small nod to Netflix in the credits. Kind of like how Paramount got a small credit up until the first Avengers movie after Disney bought Marvel and started distributing the movies themselves. Remember... Marvel Studios was making the movies, but they had no way for distribution, which is where Paramount and... maybe Universal(?) stepped in.

Yeah, as weird as it sounds, at that early time Marvel was an "independent studio."

I don't buy the "no more story to tell" line either. In Netflix's statement about Daredevil, their CEO or whatever was quoted as saying "Daredevil's adventures will continue to be told," making it sound like it's going to the Disney service.

Just what we need, another streaming service to pay for.

I think they have an official announcement in April. To their credit they seem to be putting together some quality original programming. Marvel series (Loki, Scarlet Witch, and Falcon and Winter Soldier limited series), Star Wars series (Clone Wars season 7, The Mandalorian and the untitled one featuring Diego Luna's character from Rogue One), High Fidelity series, Mighty Ducks series.

Honestly, Iíd drop Netflix if DD/JJ/Cage/Fist and Punisher came over to the new Disney streaming platform. Along with all the MCU movies, plus the Star Wars stuff... yes, please. Thereís very little on Netflix that I canít find elsewhere, so thatís not an issue.

First Avengers 4 trailer has dropped. Let the countdown begin.

For Endgame, they really do not need any promos or trailers, all Marvel/Disney has to do is announce when tickets go on sale.
    Last edited by Powder; 12-09-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Pretty much

Yeah, honestly i don't want to see another trailer. I know they will do several and I'm not against trailers but in this case, you have to guard against showing too much... We know that some characters if not all will be undusted, Avengers save the day.. blah blah. I don't think you have to see those returns.

The Ronin bit was nice tho.

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    I imagine they may not release too much more. I'd expect a second trailer at some stage, but think that'll be it. They're so obsessed over plot leaks and the like it seems odd they'd then just go reveal a bunch in a trailer anyway. That being said, they were very clever and sly with the Infinity War trailers so, of course, there's no major guarantee that the trailers will accurately hint at the plot of the final film anyway!

It's gonna be tough to top Infinity War though - not just a great example of its genre, but a very daring and powerful movie too.

Only thing that I wasnít too enthused about in the Infinity War trailer (other than the fake out with Hulk being in the battle of Wakanda) was them showing CapAm catching Thanoís fist in their fight. That was way too powerful of a moment to show in the trailer. Imagine how much more powerful it wouldíve been had we not known that scene was coming at some point.

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    Yeah, that's very true actually. I guess they put it in the trailer because it played off that iconic moment in the comics when he stands up to Thanos alone? I actually hope they recreate that in full in Endgame.

SpiderMan: Far From Home trailer is out, and holy shit.

Those bastards couldn't wait for Endgame to be released.

That is what I said earlier in conversations with friends.

While we all know that during some point during Endgame the Universe will be reset and Thanos' actions will be undone, but having the trailer with Spidey and Fury spoils that (even though we know it will happen).
    Last edited by Powder; 01-15-2019 at 03:32 PM.

The thing is... it doesnít matter that they didnít wait for End Game before showing this trailer. It was already known going into IW that Spidey had a movie coming out before EG (untitled Avengers at the time) and even Black Panther had one coming out after EG. The snap really didnít mean much when you think about that. If anything, be upset that they even bothered dusting those two characters even though we knew there would be more movies with them.

We knew there was a movie, yes, but Kayfably speaking, the MCU should try to keep kayfabe, kayfabe. Regardless of what we all know will happen.

Thatís kind of what I was getting at. Since both those movies had been announced for in between Avengers 3 & 4, those characters shouldnít have been dusted. Showing the trailer doesnít spoil anything about End Game; it was already spoiled by announcing those movies ahead of time.

Wasn't a big fan of the trailer cause I feel Spider-man is being treated poorly as a superhero all to fit in the MCU the way they want. Homecoming I enjoyed but Spider-man is my favorite Marvel Character and don't like how it seems like he needs a mentor figure not just Homecoming but this too.. Have never agreed with the Tony Stark angle although admittdly it has its good moments.

Also, Mysterio is clearly pulling a ruse on Spider-man but hopefully he doesn't actually have mystic powers. Kinda kills the character imo.

Quote Originally Posted by meandi View Post
    That’s kind of what I was getting at. Since both those movies had been announced for in between Avengers 3 & 4, those characters shouldn’t have been dusted. Showing the trailer doesn’t spoil anything about End Game; it was already spoiled by announcing those movies ahead of time.
    Or they could just play along. We all know he'll be back but it'd be fun to play along. Does this movie need to be advertised right now for people to see it? Probably not.

Just finished episode 3 of Punisher S2. Itís fucking great. Thereís humor. Thereís a few tear jerking scenes. Lots of violence and wtfuck moments. Yíall need to get on this ASAP.

I concur. I also just watched ep 3 I think it is better than season 1.

Itís definitely better than season 1 so far. I made it through six episodes last night and will probably finish up tonight. Funny how all the shows are putting out their best seasons just to get cancelled a month later. Disney streaming needs to hurry up and be a thing so they can revive the street level heroes.

I heard that all the Netflix shows are not getting revived on Disney.

I am on ep 7...and man they put so much into each episode.

Canít see why they wouldnít, though. If anything, it could open the door to even more shows, I would think.

I agree...but according to the reports I read, they are done.

Unless it s all a ruse while they work out the rights and payment.

I think it’s over for them too, unfortunately. It’s nice to hold out hope but at this point it seems the contract stuff won’t let it happen.

I finished Punisher season 2 last night. Holy shit, best season of a Marvel Netflix show to date.

Something came through my facebook or instagram or whatever earlier, and it was talking about the "real reason the netflix shows are getting cancelled". Of course, I clicked on the whole "show me more" banner. Apparently, with each passing season, the scores are getting lower and lower, plus there's less and less overall feedback on the shows. (With the exception of Iron Fist S2... which supposedly got a higher rating than S1, although less feeback...) Me being the half-drunk fucker that I am... I decided to start crunching numbers. I went to the most trusty IMDB. ('Cause I also ran the numbers against Rotten Tomatoes. Which is where this initial data came from.) Apparently, each season has been getting worse and worse reviews. (A few exceptions, though...) My findings after referring to both web pages and crunching my own numbers...

As far as DareDevil goes on IMDB... each season has increased in ratings. S1 did 8.89/10, S2 did 9.05/10, and S3 did 9.16/10. Funny thing, though... overall reviewers went WAY down. 94,091 (7,238 average/episode) S1. 78,498 (6,038/episode) for S2. 49,255 (3,789/episode for S3.) Seems casuals slowly faded out while the die-hard fans stayed around. This isn't the only time we'll see this. Rotten Tomatoes had S1 at: 96% (8159 reviews) for the audience and 99% with 70 reviews for the Tomotameter. S2 was 94% (6510 reviews) for the audience and only a paltry 80% with 55 reviews for the Tomotameter. S3 bounced back in both catagories... 95% (2457 reviews) for the audience and 96% Tomatometer with 55 reviews.

Moving on to Jessica Jones.... according to IMDB, the average episode of S1 was a respectable 8.52 (with an average of 4228 reviewers per episode.) You can already see a loss of 3000 people on average between S1 of DD and S1 of JJ. Why? DD was awesome... JJ is building up to be a bad-ass chick. Why the disparity? Who knows? I actually liked JJ S1more than DD S1. That's just me, though...

Jess Jones S2 did no favors for her inaugral season, though. According to the numbers on IMDB, S2 dropped to a 7.95 (with an average of 1920 reviews per episode.) Only the 11th episode managed to score better overall than any other episode versus S1. (According to IMDB)

Let's look at Rotten Tomatoes... Audience S1- 89% (6754 reviews on average per show)
    Tomatometer: 93% (75 reviews)

Audience S2- 67% (1627 reviews on average per show)
    Tomatometer: 83% (78 reviews)

So... the critics didn't hate the shift from season 1 to season 2 of Jessica Jones nearly as much as the masses.

Moving onto Luke Cage... in S1 he averaged an overall score on IMDB of 8.18 with a total of 35,757 reviews. (That averages to 2751 reviews per episode. I can break down that statistic for you later if you so desire.) In S2, the overall score drops to 7.7 with 1199 reviews. My personal opinion... Cage S2 was better than S1. Apparently people don't agree with me. Funny thing about Cage S2... the highest rated episode according to IMDB is episode 10... where one Danny Rand shows up. More on him in just a moment, though.

Rottentomatoes gave Cage S1 a 76% (with 2357 reviews) audience score, and a 94% tomatometer score. S2 got a 69% (with 986 reviews) audience score with a 84% tomatometer score. I personally don't agree with either of those. Cage S1 was great... S2 was way better. (Especially when he took over the club and stood in front of the portrait of Biggie with the crown...)

And now... Danny. Other than the final entry in this long ass post that my drunk ass is typing... Danny has been my favorite so far. (As far as the individual entries go... there is a reason I skipped The Defenders. Also, a reason I'm skipping The Punisher completely... 1) he doesn't really fit into this universe according to the writers/directors/Jon Bernthal and 2) this shit is way too long already) Danny Rand is a man without a home. He thought he knew what life was, and then it was ripped away from him and he had to learn a new life. However... he always knew there was something calling him back to a previous life. A life he <somewhat> remembered... but was never quite sure about. The end of S2 left us wondering why he had the guns summoning the "iron fist"...however, some data points....

Iron Fist S1 got a 7.82 on IMDB. Pretty acceptable, yet it was only out of an average of 2651 reviews. S2 (even though it was soooo much better) only got an average of 7.80 on IMDB with only 890 votes. Iron Fist has constantly been criticized as the worst show. Yet, according to RottenTomatoes, it's the only show to actually rise among the critics from S1 to S2. Rotten Tomato scores are S1: 19%; S2: 57%.

With all this said... um... typed... I always thought the Netflix shows were doing tremendous ratings despite some of their flaws. Especially the sequels that always seemed to come harder than the original season. Maybe these numbers are the real reason they're getting killed off and not just my belief it's all a big ordeal to get them to the Disney streaming service.

PS.... The Punisher dropped in RT, but slightly rose in IMDB from S1 to S2. But according to my stats, the reviews are way less than 1/4 of S1 thus far. (Which makes sense seeing as how S2 just came out a week or so ago.)

Sounds like you guys were expecting it but the last Marvel shows on Netflix have officially been cancelled.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Odd that they went ahead and announced Jess Jones being cancelled, though. Theyíve been waiting about 6-8 weeks after releasing the latest season to announce the cancellations. Almost had me worried that S3 of JJ was just being scrapped entirely, but itís apparently still on, and according to Kristen Ritter, sheís very excited for everybody to see how it ends.

Maybe they will give it an actual ending since they announced it beforehand.

Also, the initial reviews for Captain Marvel seem to be fantastic.

Could be. If Iím thinking correctly, this is the only show that had not started filming anything before all the cuts started coming, so the show runners wouldíve had proper notice to write a conclusive ending to the series instead of leaving things on a cliffhanger ending like the other shows did.

So... my kid just got back from seeing a pre-screen of Captain Marvel, yeah? She absolutely raved about it. (I had actually read a review, and the author gave it a C-... when I mentioned that to the kid, she said ďThat person is stupid and doesnít know what heís talking about. Granted, the kid is only 16, and I think she has a crush on Brie Larson...) Canít wait to see it in the next couple of weeks, though.

I have my tickets for Friday with my daughters!

The Brain
    Definitely excited for it, gonna make a point to see it this weekend.

I wouldn’t say it’s a hard pass but it’s a pass for me. Not one I’d actively go see again. Nor probably ever see again for that matter. I saw it for the fact the Mrs wanted to see it when I easily could have not bothered with it because I knew it would give more questions than answers and the questions you had weren’t going to be answered without it being far fetched and leaving you with more questions at the end of the day. Low and behold it’s what you got and I can’t say I was surprised.