Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Stan was a true culture changer. Like I've posted on my Facebook, he started writing comic book during a time when the Western was the big box office draw, and he helped shift the culture, with characters that relate to the modern American, shaped by the science revolution of the 60's and issues dealing with the civil rights movement of the 60's. The Culture Wars played out on paper and are now being retold as the blockbusters of their day.

Just seen on Twitter that Netflix have cancelled Daredevil?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

YUP. Apparently Netflix has come to a standstill with creative over the Marvel Shows and they think there isn't much left to tell, story wise, so they cancelled the Marvel shows. Jessica Jones and Punisher are either filming or wrapping their season 3 so they will be released when completed, but after that, most likely they will be cancelled as well.

The big rumors going around is that the Disney Streaming Service will pick up all of the shows and continue them in some manner, but who knows. Netflix might own the rights to the shows as they plan on keeping the existing seasons on the network, but not making more. So I am not sure if DSS can make new seasons without being able to reference the past seasons. But again this is all rumor so who knows.....
    Last edited by Powder; 11-30-2018 at 08:33 AM.

Iím not buying the ďnothing left to tell as far as storyline stuff goesĒ. The final scene of both Luke Cage 2 and Iron Fist 2 show they clearly had a plan for the third seasons of both shows. Iím almost positive this is just Disney putting any new stuff on hold until their service starts up. And then at that point, theyíll pick up with Cage 3 and Fist 3 are so on and so forth.

Iím also of the belief that new seasons will not only reference older seasons, but it will still all be canon, and it will be like we didnít miss a beat. Iím almost Marvel learned their lesson selling off characterís rights in the past, and that they still retain all of the Netflix characters. If anything, there might be a small nod to Netflix in the credits. Kind of like how Paramount got a small credit up until the first Avengers movie after Disney bought Marvel and started distributing the movies themselves. Remember... Marvel Studios was making the movies, but they had no way for distribution, which is where Paramount and... maybe Universal(?) stepped in.

Yeah, as weird as it sounds, at that early time Marvel was an "independent studio."

I don't buy the "no more story to tell" line either. In Netflix's statement about Daredevil, their CEO or whatever was quoted as saying "Daredevil's adventures will continue to be told," making it sound like it's going to the Disney service.

Just what we need, another streaming service to pay for.

I think they have an official announcement in April. To their credit they seem to be putting together some quality original programming. Marvel series (Loki, Scarlet Witch, and Falcon and Winter Soldier limited series), Star Wars series (Clone Wars season 7, The Mandalorian and the untitled one featuring Diego Luna's character from Rogue One), High Fidelity series, Mighty Ducks series.

Honestly, Iíd drop Netflix if DD/JJ/Cage/Fist and Punisher came over to the new Disney streaming platform. Along with all the MCU movies, plus the Star Wars stuff... yes, please. Thereís very little on Netflix that I canít find elsewhere, so thatís not an issue.

First Avengers 4 trailer has dropped. Let the countdown begin.

For Endgame, they really do not need any promos or trailers, all Marvel/Disney has to do is announce when tickets go on sale.
    Last edited by Powder; 12-09-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Pretty much

Yeah, honestly i don't want to see another trailer. I know they will do several and I'm not against trailers but in this case, you have to guard against showing too much... We know that some characters if not all will be undusted, Avengers save the day.. blah blah. I don't think you have to see those returns.

The Ronin bit was nice tho.

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    I imagine they may not release too much more. I'd expect a second trailer at some stage, but think that'll be it. They're so obsessed over plot leaks and the like it seems odd they'd then just go reveal a bunch in a trailer anyway. That being said, they were very clever and sly with the Infinity War trailers so, of course, there's no major guarantee that the trailers will accurately hint at the plot of the final film anyway!

It's gonna be tough to top Infinity War though - not just a great example of its genre, but a very daring and powerful movie too.

Only thing that I wasnít too enthused about in the Infinity War trailer (other than the fake out with Hulk being in the battle of Wakanda) was them showing CapAm catching Thanoís fist in their fight. That was way too powerful of a moment to show in the trailer. Imagine how much more powerful it wouldíve been had we not known that scene was coming at some point.

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    Yeah, that's very true actually. I guess they put it in the trailer because it played off that iconic moment in the comics when he stands up to Thanos alone? I actually hope they recreate that in full in Endgame.

SpiderMan: Far From Home trailer is out, and holy shit.

Those bastards couldn't wait for Endgame to be released.

That is what I said earlier in conversations with friends.

While we all know that during some point during Endgame the Universe will be reset and Thanos' actions will be undone, but having the trailer with Spidey and Fury spoils that (even though we know it will happen).
    Last edited by Powder; 1 Day Ago at 03:32 PM.

The thing is... it doesnít matter that they didnít wait for End Game before showing this trailer. It was already known going into IW that Spidey had a movie coming out before EG (untitled Avengers at the time) and even Black Panther had one coming out after EG. The snap really didnít mean much when you think about that. If anything, be upset that they even bothered dusting those two characters even though we knew there would be more movies with them.

We knew there was a movie, yes, but Kayfably speaking, the MCU should try to keep kayfabe, kayfabe. Regardless of what we all know will happen.

Thatís kind of what I was getting at. Since both those movies had been announced for in between Avengers 3 & 4, those characters shouldnít have been dusted. Showing the trailer doesnít spoil anything about End Game; it was already spoiled by announcing those movies ahead of time.

Wasn't a big fan of the trailer cause I feel Spider-man is being treated poorly as a superhero all to fit in the MCU the way they want. Homecoming I enjoyed but Spider-man is my favorite Marvel Character and don't like how it seems like he needs a mentor figure not just Homecoming but this too.. Have never agreed with the Tony Stark angle although admittdly it has its good moments.

Also, Mysterio is clearly pulling a ruse on Spider-man but hopefully he doesn't actually have mystic powers. Kinda kills the character imo.

Quote Originally Posted by meandi View Post
    That’s kind of what I was getting at. Since both those movies had been announced for in between Avengers 3 & 4, those characters shouldn’t have been dusted. Showing the trailer doesn’t spoil anything about End Game; it was already spoiled by announcing those movies ahead of time.
    Or they could just play along. We all know he'll be back but it'd be fun to play along. Does this movie need to be advertised right now for people to see it? Probably not.