Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    See, I don't get the love for Days of Future Past. I have tried several times to get into that movie and I can't. I have finished it, but never even liked it, much less loved it. To me, if there's a drop in quality, it's from First Class to Days of Future Past and then Apocalypse brings it back up.

BTW, it is now rumored there will be a "Thanos Edition" of Avengers: Infinity War with 30 additional minutes of Thanos' backstory. Sounds great to me!
    Last edited by XanMan; 1 Week Ago at 03:07 PM.

The Brain
    I thought Future Past was overrated but I wouldn't go that far. I did like how it canonically "fixed" the X Men universe. I also thought it was better than Apocalypse, though I could be persuaded that First Class was the best of the bunch. Kevin Bacon for the win!

Could definitely get into some extended Thanos stuff, thought they did a great job with a different take on the character.

Quote Originally Posted by XanMan View Post
    See, I don't get the love for Days of Future Past. I have tried several times to get into that movie and I can't. I have finished it, but never even liked it, much less loved it. To me, if there's a drop in quality, it's from First Class to Days of Future Past and then Apocalypse brings it back up.

BTW, it is now rumored there will be a "Thanos Edition" of Avengers: Infinity War with 30 additional minutes of Thanos' backstory. Sounds great to me!
    The Thanos Extended Edition is NOT going to be released, is the last I heard of it. There is 30 extra minutes that was cut out of the movie, but the latest I heard was that those minutes will not be released.

This is the last I have seen of it, and it was only from three days ago. If something else has popped up in the meantime, please share.

https://www.gamesradar.com/avengers-...es-of-footage/

As far as Days of Future Past, I don't dislike it, but it's very hand-wavey for me. I have heard the Rogue Cut is better, so I may try that one some time, but I doubt it fixes the stuff that doesn't work for me, so it might make me slightly like it, but it won't get better than that. Here's some stuff that bugs me, though I honestly can't pinpoint exactly why I can't truly get into it:

1) Shadowcat should be the one going back in time, not Wolverine. I realize Wolvie is the most popular of the franchise, etc, but this would have been a perfect opportunity to explore their relationship that is so amazing in the comics and they decided not to; presumably because it was an easier write not to. That's never a good reason.

2) The serum. Really? I mean talk about a convenient plot device. It both inhibits powers and fixes spine injuries? Sure. Why not just put it in a time capsule Logan can dig up, inject one Sentinel with so it can spread a virus to all the other sentinels that make them all into happy rainbow robots that spread peace throughout the universe?

3) Quicksilver is not that much of a moron. I mean, I love his scenes; I really do. They're the best parts of the movie, but it takes him until after the events of the movie to figure out Magneto is his father? I will never buy that.

4) How the fuck is Mystique's ability to change her shape going to allow Sentinels to be able to adapt and copy the powers of mutants? Darwin (who is obviously dead at this time) and Mimic would have made more sense; which leads me to...

5) The entire plot of the movie was built around an excuse to keep Charles, Eric, and Mystique still around. I will grant that Charles should be there at least briefly, but we needed a movie that's about the X-Men; which we finally nearly got with Apocalypse, but apparently still aren't getting with Dark Phoenix. Yes, it's built around Jean, but I'm sure it'll be fucking Xavier that saves the day again. How the hell you make the Dark Phoenix Saga without Wolverine, I have no fucking idea.

6) DOFP wraps up way too easily. Mystique being scary as shit makes Nixon rethink that mutants are a threat? Xavier just lets Magneto fly off, knowing he will probably end up killing more people? What the fuck ever.

There are parts I do like; the stuff in the future is pretty cool, the Quicksilver scenes, Kennedy being a mutant, Charles quoting Logan back to him, Hank is always great; mostly it's just blah to me, though. The stuff above makes me just sit there thinking, "What am I watching?"
    Last edited by XanMan; 1 Week Ago at 10:00 AM.

The Brain
    That's an excellent breakdown and reminds me exactly of why I thought it was overrated at the time, mainly because it was heralded as the best X Men and I didn't think it was really even in that conversation. I still liked it more than you, I think, but still, that's an awesome post.

LOP Freebirds Buddy Roberts SirSam's Avatar
    Just saw Ant Man & The Wasp. It was a great pallet cleanser after the intensity of Infinity Wars.

It kept the light hearted nature of the first one and was funny where it needed to be but still knew when to take itself seriously and hit an emotional high note.

I loved the action set pieces, the growing and shrinking concepts really make things interesting and allow them to be creative with how things get done. The car chase in particular was a real highlight with them speeding around the streets and using the shrinking and growing to full effect.

I was split on Ava/Ghost, when she first showed up she was badass and at first it looked like her motives were quite interesting and conflicted however by the end they kind of dropped that and her character just became a pretty basic, 'I don't care about anyone else' character. Still were cool and her outfit may be one of my favourite in all the Marvel Universe.

Overall, great Marvel movie, at this point these guys just know their formula for the single super hero movie and while certainly didn't try to reinvent the wheel, it was none the less a very entertaining movie.

I thought Ant-Man was okay; haven't seen the new one yet. I despise that they are using Scott Lang. I think a full trilogy of Hank Pym movies would have been awesome. First one he is Ant-Man, second one he is Giant Man, third one he is the older Pym that can only shrink and grow items like in West Coast Avengers and has to get by on ingenuity. We would also see the span of his relationship with Janet.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSam View Post
    Just saw Ant Man & The Wasp. It was a great pallet cleanser after the intensity of Infinity Wars.

It kept the light hearted nature of the first one and was funny where it needed to be but still knew when to take itself seriously and hit an emotional high note.

I loved the action set pieces, the growing and shrinking concepts really make things interesting and allow them to be creative with how things get done. The car chase in particular was a real highlight with them speeding around the streets and using the shrinking and growing to full effect.

I was split on Ava/Ghost, when she first showed up she was badass and at first it looked like her motives were quite interesting and conflicted however by the end they kind of dropped that and her character just became a pretty basic, 'I don't care about anyone else' character. Still were cool and her outfit may be one of my favourite in all the Marvel Universe.

Overall, great Marvel movie, at this point these guys just know their formula for the single super hero movie and while certainly didn't try to reinvent the wheel, it was none the less a very entertaining movie.
    I agree with the entirely.