Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Maybe they did. And maybe Fury knew that Carol was handling that while at the same time thinking those were the only ones and she had it taken care of. Almost like he was completely ignorant of the possibility of other alien races being out there.

But then why does Fury say in Avengers,
    Last year, Earth had a visit from another planet that had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously outgunned.
    ?

It contradicts the cannon of Captain Marvel.

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    Technically speaking, there's nothing in that line of dialogue that demonstrates Fury didn't know about alien life before Thor himself or that SHIELD didn't either.

We learned.

Those two words imply that they did not know of alien life prior to Thor. If Fury said, "we saw", or "we realized", or "we decided" etc, then I can agree with you. But "We learned" (as a teacher) directly states that this was information that was not known prior.

Well regardless, in Captain Marvel, they have a lot of 'splainin' to do. They need to explain:

1. Why wasn't Marvel contacted to help with Thor and Loki when they first arrived in New Mexico?
    2. Why wasn't Marvel contacted to help the Avengers with Loki and the Chitauri?
    3. Why wasn't Marvel (or the Avengers for that matter) contacted with the Dark Elves' ship landed (another alien ship) in London?
    4. Why wasn't Marvel contacted to help with Ultron?
    5. Why did Fury not tell anyone about her existence until after Thanos' ships landed in Wakanda?

Again, the MCU has been really good about continuity but they seemed to overlook Captain Marvel.
    Last edited by Powder; 10-11-2018 at 08:25 AM.

I canít imagine youíre the only person asking these questions, just like I canít imagine Marvel wouldnít have a good explanation already in store for us.

Maybe on these boards, but not over the rest of the internet.

After reading a few articles... apparently Iron Fist was cancelled and wonít have a 3rd season. Iím quite upset due to having re-watching S1 right before S2... S1 had faults, yes. It was still a good story, though. S2 was quite excellent. ďThe DefendersĒ may or may not have ruined Danny... I should perhaps go and watch that again. Anyway... first Marvel show to not receive a sequel (or three-quel)... discuss, please.

Season 2 was MUCH better than S1, but it still was not good. The last 15 minutes was the best ending of any Marvel series on Netflix, and left us actually wanting more. BUT those 15 minutes do NOT make up for the total cluster f#@k of the show.

BUT, Iron Fist is not off the table. He will show up in other series, and possible Power Man and Iron Fist team ups, AND the show might be revived in a "Pay to watch Disney Channel", not the Disney Channel, similar to the DC channel. This channel is reportedly also having a Loki and Scarlet Witch series starring Hiddelston and Olsen, and now a revived Iron Fist. so all may not be lost.

What are these shows with Hiddleston and Olsen you speak of? I havenít seen any mention of this. Also, if theyíre pulling the plug on Iron Fist after perhaps the best cliff-hanger of any of the shows... I donít see Danny showing up in anything else. Maybe if Marvel does some wrangling and gets all 4 shows away from Netflix (donít know what the status of that is like where Fox had X-Men/F4 and what-not. But kind of how they did Spider-Man with Sony, maybe...) and dumps this on the Disney streaming network, then, yeah, maybe.

I read that the Danny Rand character is definitely going to appear in the other Netflix shows. My best guess is Luke Cage again as they are teamed up in the comics, and he might have a cameo in future seasons of the others, and Defenders season 2, obviously.

And here is a link to the Loki and Scarlet Witch shows, along with perspective others.

https://tvline.com/2018/09/18/loki-t...aming-service/

I’d love to see a real Heroes forHire season. I don’t think Defenders is getting a season 2. Ritter said she doubts it, Netflixsays it’s not in the plans and Netflix turned the Defenders Facebook page into something entirely different.

Just got home from work. Daredevil 3 dropped today. Guess I know what Iím doing this weekend...

It’s a great season. I enjoyed the Bullseye origin story.

And Luke Cage was canceled today. I enjoyed it because it was different from the others with some great music. Disappointing. Jessica Jones season two was horrible and I have no clue how that got a third season order.

Dude... spoilers. I have an idea about Bullseye, but Iím only halfway through episode 4. (Thanks for confirming what Iím thinking is gonna happen, though.)

I just wanted to jump back in and mention the ďhallway sceneĒ from this year. Bigger and badder than previous years. I love it.

Also... if Cage is cancelled, that pretty much rules out a Heroes For Hire series. And Defenders 2. Is Netflix purposefully giving these shows up for the supposed Disney streaming channel? Much like Iron Fist... Cage 2 was better than 1. Perhaps these shows will be moved to a different platform. Hopefully. Maybe so. (I need Kristen Ritter in my life at least once a year... so, yeah.)
    Last edited by meandi; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:29 AM.

I didn't say one spoiler. It was all over the news and in every preview/review I've read.
    Last edited by comfortablynumb; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:28 AM.

I havenít read anything yet. And it just literally came out today, so... that makes it a spoiler.

Not really since they confirmed at Comic Con and it's been out there for over a month. The whole excitement of season three for many was because Bullseye was in it.

Here's a video from May:

Old news.
    Last edited by comfortablynumb; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:37 AM.

Don't come in the thread if you don't know who bullseye is basically.

Apparently Iím behind in my Marvel Netflix shows news... my bad. But still... the day a show drops, you should probably put some kind of spoiler alert when talking about it. Just to make a good/ halfway decent argument... I read detailed spoilers of Infinity War when it first hit the red carpet a couple days before it came out to the rest of America. Wish I wouldnít have read/heard things before I went and watched it a couple days after the premier here in the States.

If I went into any detail at all I would have put spoiler or just not said anything,but I wrote a sentence. No malicious intent I promise.

And it’s possible the Disney streaming service is playing a role in the cancellations. Maybe they want to do a Heroes for Hire show on their service.
    Last edited by comfortablynumb; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:49 AM.

I get why companies are doing it but always feared that because of Netflix success, we'd see countless other services pop up... pretty much forcing people to chose. its annoying.

AMC even has a pay app now. Basically the only "benefit" I see is watching Walking Dead with no commercials. Yay.

Better Call, Saul

So far Daredevil season 3 is good. I'm on episode 5 and the only negative is the filler. 13 episodes is too long. They really haven't gotten anywhere yet. Yes, some things are happening, but in general, they are playing a really slow burn. Cut 3 episodes and you can speed things up.

We mustíve watched different episodes. I donít think thereís been any filler other than maybe Karen and her boss arguing.

The series is too long. I am not saying it is not good, but there is a lot of "get to the damn point" already with me. Not nearly as much as The Walking Dead does on a every damn minute of the show, but there is filler.

No offense, but Iím starting to think maybe television shows arenít for you. You seem like you want an entire story told start to finish in a sub-two hour sitting.

No, not at all. I really like the shows, but when you extend a show for the sake of "making 13 episodes" is not beneficial. I really liked that Iron Fist was 10 episodes it severely cut down on non necessary filler. Game of Thrones, was 10 eps per season and there was NO filler. But when you have to fill another 3 hours worth of programming, you need filler crap. Defenders, was 6 episodes and that was all it needed.

To the contrary of your point. I think that every book (any genre) that they decide to make into a movie, is done incorrectly with the exception of the last book/movie in a series, they split into two movies. Take the Harry Potter franchise for instance. When they make the movies they leave out basically almost everything that happens in school (the first half of the books) and much of the conflict during the second half. Why? To condense into a 2 hour 20 minute movie. Stupid.

My idea has always been that when ANY book is made a movie, should be made into a two part movie, and film them both at the same time, like they did with the LOTR trilogy. Then release Part 1 around Memorial Day and Part 2 around Thanksgiving or Christmas. This way you do not have to leave out pertinent details and much of the book. Make "one long" 4-4.5 hour movie rather than a 2 hour 15 minute movie that leaves the reader saying What the Fuck? That didn't happen, or that is not what happened in the book.

Finally, against your point, I am a fan of the extended edition director's cut of the LOTR trilogy. Where each movie had about 30 minutes added to it to make much more sense. The original released films are excellent, but the extended editions which add 1.5 hours worth of movies are much, much better.

To quote women, length is not the issue, it's the motion of the ocean. If you can make a show that does not have unnecessary filler then I'm all for it, but you do not need to extend a series for the sake of it.
    Last edited by Powder; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:32 PM.

I just finished Daredevil season 3 and wow. It was good. Better than I expected, but I still maintain that there was some filler, and they could have cut the season down to 10 episodes. Regardless, the season was not just about watching Daredevil kick ass, and there is plenty, it is a season of character driven plot for everyone; Matt, Karen, Foggy, Fisk, Dex (Bullseye), and the FBI agent Nadeem.

The ending cleary sets up a season 4, and a few episodes have a cameo from a character from Luke Cage season 2, episode 13 has a nice and whimsical name drop. However, what I will never understand, at all, is Manhattan is NOT that big geographically, so why doesn't any of the defenders ask each other for help?

Cage and Jones are kind of loners, hence why they wouldnít call the others up for help. I forget what lead Danny to showing up in Cage 2, but it wasnít because Cage just randomly called him up for help. Matt did specifically ask Danny to watch over the city in The Defenders, but (Iím still on episode 5, so I donít know whatís coming...) Matt is still supposedly dead and trying to hide that fact, which is why he wouldnít call up any of the others. Danny doesnít call up others because heís the Iron Fist and his ego wonít allow help.

I get the loner thing, BUT Cage was introduced during Jessica Jones S1, Danny showed up during Luke Cage S2, AND they all decided to team up for the Defenders. AND Karen shows up and helps out Frank Castle in Punisher S! and 2. Claire Temple was in every Netflix season except Iron Fist 2 and DD 3, so why can't the "Super powered people" get over themselves and ask for help?

Also, with Karen having the battle of NY from the Avengers front pages of the newspapers hanging in her office, you would also think that at least one of the Avengers (or Spider-man) would take interest in Wilson Fisk and his criminal stature IN NYC as it was all over the news, and that Stark tower is in NY and Parker lives in NY.

AND since the Defenders clearly live in the Avengers universe, how are they are not affected by Thanos' snap? Now if all the series take place prior to the Snap, no problem, but if not, then how is no one talking about that half the population disappeared?
    Last edited by Powder; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:17 AM.

Late to the game (only MCU movies I go to see in the theatre are proper Avengers flicks), but I just watched Antman and the Wasp. I enjoyed it just as much as the first. Good action. Intriguing story. And Michael Pena is freaking awesome yet again. (He might be one of my most under-rated actors ever. Heís good doing serious stuff like Lions For Lambs or End Of Watch; he can also bring comedy like the Antman movies...)

This morning, I saw a TV ad for an upcoming airing of Iron Man 3, and it got me thinking. What in the hell ever happened to Pepper Pott's Extremis power? In IM3, the movie was good in that they explored the psychological damage done (PTSD) to Tony when he sacrificed himself in the Avengers by pushing the Nuclear Warhead into the wormhole to blow up the Chatauri's mother ship.

Then later on, they save pepper with the Extremis "power" for lack of a better term, and the movie ends with Tony saying "we will figure this out". Well nothing was ever mentioned about this again. Did pepper get cured of the Extremis? If so, by who, and when? if not, why was she not in the fight against Ultron, or Civil War, or Thanos as she now has super abilities.

The MCU is fantastic about continuity, but they dropped the ball on this one.
    Last edited by Powder; 1 Week Ago at 09:13 AM.

I canít answer any of those questions, but apparently there were leaked photos of her with a green screen behind her for Avengers 4, so thereís speculation of her becoming Rescue. (I think thatís the correct name for her.) Maybe theyíll explain whatís happened to her during that movie? (I mean... half of the cast is gone for the first part of the movie... might as well focus on her and Clint and their whereabouts recently...)

Hw says at the end of Iron Man 3 that he "got Pepper sorted out" which seems to imply she was de-extremisesed.

That would be really lazy writing if thatís how they explained it. (I honestly donít remember... havenít seen that movie since it came out in theatres.) However... I like how you just decided to invent a new word Mr. Chop.

Stan Lee has died at the age of 95.

^Sad. Iím going to miss the cameos. I think my three favorites are probably as the mailman in Civil War (Tony Stank...), Thor when heís driving the truck trying to pull Mjolnir out of the ground, and Age of Ultron when Thor gives him the 1000 year old whisky or whatever kind of booze it was.