Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No, and I knew they weren't going to do that, but that is literally what they sold the episode on. That was how they talked about it the week before, and even what they implied on the audio show.

Word going around even before the episode aired was that he was only going to do 'the bits of Punk's career that he was around for'. So I didn't really expect much.

I understand that Bruce and Conrad are trying to make a name for themselves on the network to a new audience. But with "creative differences" hampering what they want to put out, it feels like they're trying to push the boundaries a little too much, which won't sit well with management or whatever.
    Summerslam & Takeover Brooklyn IV Review Show

The ECW episode got delayed, but I think they've basically said at this point they record what they record, and WWE will release what they are willing to. I'm sure they get to see it before it goes out and will go to bat for whatever they really feel strongly for -- which is probably by ECW got delayed -- but they aren't dumb guys. The Network show is fully intended to drive people to the podcast show where they're a little more uncensored because The Network offers a brand new audience that likely didn't know what this show was.

I think that the quality of what they put out on The Network is good, but I think that the audio only podcast is better overall.

I agree that the podcast is better overall. At the end of the day, it's a lot easier for me to listen to the talk while on the go, doing housework etc, than to find time to sit down and watch it. I already have a lot of time dedicated to watching actual wrestling!

A friend of mine noticed that the show (as well as Bischoff's 83 Weeks) is getting shorter in duration. I don't mind that, as 3-4 hour podcasts are a slog in the first place, but do you think this is to do with all the Patreon work both shows are doing?
    Summerslam & Takeover Brooklyn IV Review Show

Probably a little bit. It might be a combination of things. I'm with you on three hour podcasts. I hate when a podcast will cut off in the middle of a good discussion because they've hit their arbitrary hour time limit, but sometimes those marathons are just too much.

I wonder if it's a little bit of the Patreon stuff, and a little bit of wanting to preserve themselves and some of Bruce's stories so they aren't always repeating stuff over and over. Like this week with SummerSlam '97 where they cover a bit of the financial state of the company and how that affected things with Bret, but somewhat glossed over things because that wasn't the main focal point and they'd already done a pretty in-depth look at Bret's 1997. Where at one point they might have spent 45 minutes on Vince not having the money, then having the money, and what it took to find that money they kind of touched on all that a little bit but I'm sure are saving a dive into the finances of 96-98 for another time and had already covered Bret.

I really do sometimes appreciate the marathons, though. Like when I'm on a long drive.