Thread: Cooking

Cooking

I really liked the old cooking thread so thought why not bring it back. Right now my favourite recipe is this one fokr Chicken Noodle Soup from scratch. It is perfect now winter is here and seriously tastes amazing all three times I've made up a big batch:

@Sir_Samuel

It's winter over there? We just started summer lol.

Busting out the grill for the first time this weekend, in fact.

Yeah, technically still late Autum but cold enough that there is a flu going around.

Nice, I would love to have a proper smoker to do smoked meats, would love to try brisket or smoking ribs. I have a pretty decent gas BBQ that does an awesome steak, chicken, sausages or burgers but it doesn't really do low and slow.

What are you cooking?

@Sir_Samuel

I cooked a pot noodle today. Feel proud of my achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSam View Post
    Yeah, technically still late Autum but cold enough that there is a flu going around.

Nice, I would love to have a proper smoker to do smoked meats, would love to try brisket or smoking ribs. I have a pretty decent gas BBQ that does an awesome steak, chicken, sausages or burgers but it doesn't really do low and slow.

What are you cooking?
    Try just turning on one side of the burners and doing an indirect cook. Basically, get the burners going, and then put your meats on the other side where there is no heat and closing the lid. This should allow you to approximate the low and slow method. It's what I've done with charcoal grills in the past, and it works pretty well.

I need to get back into cooking a bit more. Been busier lately and it's resulted in more takeaway food and all the negative stuff that goes along with that.

Any interesting recipes out there, I'm in the mood to try some new stuff so post 'em up.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

I'd suggest try roasting something, some chicken, a piece of beef or lamb. Amazingly tasty, not to hard and good sese of acomplishment.

If you would like something more technical I'd suggest going to the Bingeing with Babish youtube chanel. It is easily my favourite cooking chanel and he is pretty easy to follow along to as well.

@Sir_Samuel

The Mrs doesn't eat meat so I don't tend to cook any more than just small bits for myself. A shame because I used to do a mean chicken.

Speaking of which she's away right now so I'm making a hot chicken stew kinda deal. Bunch of chicken thighs, some cayenne and two different types of chilli pepper, tomatoes, mushroom, onion and lentils for the nutrition, throw it all in a pot with some stock and let it cook until the thighs start to fall apart. Going to taste good.

I don't really know where else to put this so I'll stick it in here.

There's a pub near me that has gone all-Vegan. And y'know, some of it is actually pretty good - good enough that as a meat eater I'm still happy to eat it. I tell you what, this stuff has come on leaps and bounds in the last ten years, because I remember as a kid anything that was calling itself 'Vegetarian' was borderline inedible.

I lump vegan food with foods that contain mayo and/or sour cream... as long as you donít tell me those disgusting ingredients arenít in what I eat, then weíre all good. If I know the ingredients, Iím out. Surprise me with something thatís delicious (while not bragging whatís in it... or not in it) and Iíll devour it.

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    I actually had some vegan chocolate not too long ago courtesy of a colleague. It tasted pretty good! No way I would ever even turn vegetarian though, let alone vegan. Can't beat a good medium-rare steak, or roast lamb dinner!

Got a really great 5-ingredient cook book recently. It solves all my problems - quick, easy, (relatively) cheap and turns out tasty fresh food! I hate cooking, so it's actually really useful on cutting down the time I have to spend feeding myself.