Deceased Wrestlers Wrestlemania Card?

Ok so if you were putting together a card of wrestlers who have passed away for an ultimate dream Mania.. who do you put? You can clash any era and assume everyone is in their prime. Who main events? Who opens? Dead celebs? Open book. GO!

I like this idea. I had a look at it at lunch and got as far as Bobby Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon on commentary. Will put an actual card together now.

@Sir_Samuel

So here is my card, going for a modern Mania but with these older stars who haven't wrestled their competition or are in a new genre of match.

1. Mr Perfect v Chris Candido v Brian Pillman v British Bulldog v Rick Rude v Jimmy Snuka (US Title Ladder Match)
    I thought it would be interesting to put these guys who have never really been in this kind of match into a ladder match. I tried to do a mix of different styles, everyone from the big man Bulldog to the high flyer Snuka (who I didn't particularly want to have on the card but fits this gimmick too well.

2. Frank Gotch v Chris Benoit (2/3 Falls)
    This would be a battle for pride, very similar to the Angle v Benoit series between one of the guys who popularised pro wrestling in America, when it was more or less legit grappling against his much more modern but equally intense contemporary.

3. Chyna v Sherri Martel (Women’s Title)
    Sherri and Chyna are such contrasting characters and I thought they would be perfect for the women's match.

4. Bam Bam Bigelow v Umaga (Falls Count Anywhere)
    Two big guys who were excedingly agile for their size. I have these two as just an all out balls to the wall brawl, throwing the kitchen sink at each other.

5. Randy Savage (managed by Miss Elizabeth) v Gorgeous George
    I see this as a similar feud to Flair v Savage where Gorgeous George tries to put doubt in Savage's mind about Elizabeth's loyalty and even tries to win her over earning the wrath of the Macho Man.

6. Eddie Guerrero v Owen Hart (IC Title)
    These two could have a classic in their sleep, on the biggest stage of them all for the workers title, I can only dream of how good it could get.

7. Andre The Giant & Dusty Rhodes v Viscera & Yokozuna (managed by Mr Fuji)
    This is a throwback feature match that just puts an old school face duo against a dangerous big man tag team and managed by the devious Mr Fuji too.

8. Bruno Sammartino v Roddy Piper (WWE Championship)
    The champ of all champs against a guy who would surely find a way to get under his skin and provoke that famous Italian temper. Sammartino never got the chance to wrestle a proper match at Wrestlemania, just the Battle Royale at 2, and this would be his chance to finally do just that. I think these two would be capable of quite a good match too.

Featuring
    Ray Charles singing America The Beautiful
    Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby Heenan on comentary
    Last edited by SirSam; 05-25-2018 at 06:55 AM.

@Sir_Samuel

The Ultimate Warrior vs Roddy Piper
    Eddie Guerrero vs Owen Hart
    Yokozuna vs Andre the Giant (the spectacle)
    Chris Benoit vs Randy Savage
    Chyna vs Crash Holly (sorry...)
    Curt Hennig vs Brian Pillman.

Any card that Bruno isn't in the main event just feels wrong. Here goes my attempt. Think of this as WrestleMania, the Undisputed Edition (named after my series that I'm going to restart very soon).

Cruiserweight title:
    Verne Gagne (c) vs. El Santo
    (little known fact, Gagne was actually NWA Jr. Heavyweight champion before splitting Minnesota from the NWA. He wanted the World title, and they thought he was too small. El Santo was NWA welterweight champion in Mexico, which only meant he wasn't a heavyweight.)

Eddie Guerrero and Art Barr vs. David and Kerry Von Erich with Fritz Von Erich
    (This feud could break Texas. You'd prevent the Mexican audience from turning on the Von Erichs by having Eddie dressed in an American flag, and the rest wouldn't turn on them anyways.)

Rick Rude w/Bobby Heenan vs. the Ultimate Warrior
    (Let's just carry on this feud. I would want both to have a singles match, and I think it would be a joy to see Rude beat up on Warrior)

Sherri Martel vs. June Byers
    (Because both need a match, June was the AWA women's champion parallel to Moolah being the NWA women's champion in the 50's and 60's. I was tempted to do a "Diva's" title match, but that would be an insult to two legitimate ring generals.)

Tag Team Title Match:
    Miguel Pérez and Antonino Rocca (c) vs. Davey Boy Smith and Owen Hart
    (The original CWC tag champs vs. one of my personal favorites from the 90's. Plus Owen and Davey could really match the styles of Pérez and Rocca.)

Money in the Bank Ladder match:
    Jimmy Snuka vs. Chief Don Eagle vs. Brian Pillman vs. Jay Youngblood vs. Wayne Munn vs. The Sheik
    (I was not going to put Snuka or Benoit on my card, but I figure that this is a decease wrestlers card, not a heaven card. Munn just to add a former original world champion, Sheik because he'd add blood, the others can fly and use the ladder.)

Baron Michele Leone and Gorgeous George vs. Bobo Brazil and Junkyard Dog
    (I thought about teaming Bobo with one of many actual partners, but since it's likely that any of those matches could have actually happened, I put in JYD. JYD copied a lot of what Bobo did, so they would have been an interesting team to throw around these two LA territory heels. Leone and George both were based in the LA territory and both were HUGE heel draws that did team regularly.)

Nature Boy Buddy Rogers w/Slave Girl Moolah vs. Macho Man Randy Savage w/ Miss Elizabeth
    (So much charisma in this ring!)

Fatal Four Way for the Intercontinental Title:
    Ed Lewis vs. Chris Benoit (c) vs. Freddie Blassie vs. Lou Thesz
    (I'm thinking a Triple Threat like in WM2000 with Benoit, Jericho, and Angle. At least that's how'd I book this but 4 people and only one title.)

Jim Londos vs. Nick Bockwinkel w/ Bobby Heenan
    (Though to most, this may look funny as just a singles match, Londos was the first ever top drawing muscular babyface. He's the start of the linage that gave us Hulk Hogan. A feud of him and the Heenan Family would be huge historically)

Rikidōzan and Giant Baba vs. Terry Gordy and Buddy Roberts
    (Seeing these two Japanese legends, and Rikidōzan did train Baba, against the Freebirds would be awesome. I picked the Freebirds because of Gordy's experience in Japan.)

US Title Match, Street Fight:
    Rowdy Roddy Piper (C) vs. Dusty Rhodes
    (Just let these two brawl all over the building and give them a title to fight over. It prints money.)

Women's Title Match:
    Mildred Burke (c) vs. Chyna
    (This would be a battle of a legit strong woman shooter vs. the 9th Wonder of the World!)

World Title:
    Bruno Sammartino (c) vs. Andre the Giant w/ Bobby Heenan
    (Of course this is the main event.)

Commentators, Gordon Solie and Gorilla Moonson

edited to add Thesz to a match.
    Last edited by LWO4Life; 05-25-2018 at 04:17 PM.

They are two very cool cards. Nony, I love that we both went with Eddie v Owen, Benoit v Savage would be great too although I worry about two perfectionists having to plan out a match, we may never actually see them walk through the curtain.

LWO I felt the same when I was picking my main event, haven't seen a whole lot of Bruno but still wanted to have him. Your's truly has some deep cuts, I honestly haven't seen half the guys you mentioned wrestle but from name value purely I imagine it would be fantastic. I love your US Title match and of course your main event could not be more perfect for your card really.

@Sir_Samuel

Yeah, I got really familiar with a few of these wrestlers when I did the Undisputed series, looking back at the pre-NWA world champions. I surprised myself that I was able to get 7 parts before mentioning the NWA. But I came away with a Mt. Rushmore of wrestling that might sound weird, but I couldn't leave anytime off. Mt. Rushmore maybe only 4 people, but that's only because the US has had a lot of mediocre presidents, with wrestling you always need a star, so there has been way more than 4 Superstars. This to me is the list of the very few wrestlers who should be on that Mt. Rushmore list, who all are top 5 wrestlers.

I'd have
    George Hackenschmidt
    Frank Gotch
    Ed Lewis
    Jim Londos
    Lou Thesz
    Bruno Sammartino
    Harley Race
    Dusty Rhodes
    Andre the Giant
    Ric Flair
    Hulk Hogan
    John Cena

So in making my card, I started from here. Your list did inspire somethings. I really wanted to do a Dusty match and your idea of teaming him with Andre inspired me to put him with Piper because I just felt I had to step up my game.
    Last edited by LWO4Life; 05-25-2018 at 11:39 PM.

It speaks very well to Roddy's versatility that he was in such prominent positions on both our cards. I also thought of putting Sammartino opposite Randy Savage in the main event but settled on Roddy because I can just see him getting under Bruno's skin more. I can also see Andre wanting to squash this annoying mosquito but struggling to do so and I love your pick against Dusty, another great contrast in attitudes.

That is an interesting list, can't say I disagree with any of it, I'd perhaps add Austin in as a commet that burned brighter, harder but shorter than anyone else ever.

@Sir_Samuel

People either love me, hate me, or they don't care CanadianCrippler's Avatar
    Holy shit reading through both of your dream cards I found it to be pretty cool and very creative. Actually inspires me to throw one out on the spot. I'm thinking tournament style for the WWE Championship.

Tournament Quarterfinals
    Chris Benoit (vs) Mike Awesome
    Winner: Mike Awesome via countout

Imagine these two going head to head in 1999 setting the bar for the night by going all out with the stops and spots until Awesome power bombs Benoit into the Spanish announce table for a count out victory and a strong finish.

Tournament Quarterfinals
    Bam Bam Bigelow (vs) Umaga
    Winner: Umaga via pinfall

The battle of the large bastards as I imagined it. Bam Bam in 1988-1998 was versatile and fast on his feet where as Umaga has that power game down. Don't know how this would play out but the clash of styles would make for an interesting match I think.

Big Boss Man (vs) Dusty Rhodes
    Winner: Dusty Rhodes via Disqualification

1980's Dusty with all his mannerisms and gyrating versus no nonsense '99 Big Boss Man would be an interesting pairing given the history between them. I'd envision Boss Man getting fed up with Dusty's shit after Rhodes gets the atomic elbow on him and Boss Man clubs Dusty with the night stick and calls it quits.

Tournament Quarterfinals
    Eddie Guerrero (vs) Curt Hennig
    Winner: Eddie Guerrero via Pinfall

Both men in the prime of their respective careers going against each other for 20 minutes providing perhaps four star quality performance. Gotta give it up to Eddie for getting crafty and cheating his way to victory with a reversal to the Perfect Plex leading to a roll up.

Tag Team Match
    Owen Hart & British Bulldog (vs) Yokozuna & Brian Pillman
    Winners: Yokozuna & Pillman

I see this being like the Andre & Haku pairing only instead you have flying Brian going hold for hold against Owen before the match favors the Hart family. Brian will get squashed by Bulldog with suplex after suplex until Brian tries for the hot tag only to be denied by Owen which leads him to a quick backslide reversal for the upset victory in essentially a handicap match.

Semi Finals
    Umaga (vs) Dusty Rhodes
    Winner: Umaga

The American dream pleaded with McMahon for a dusty finish but Vince insisted Rhodes put over the younger talent. Haha I couldn't imagine these two in the ring, what a contrast!

Semi Finals
    Eddie Guerrero (vs) Mike Awesome
    Winner: Eddie Guerrero

Latino cheat takes advantage of the damaged Mike Awesome by capitalizing on his injured shoulders from all the previously taken German suplexes and gets Awesome down long enough to do 2 back to back frog splashes in a match that displayed thetirednessand pain from the aforementioned Quarterfinals.

Gimmick Battle Royal
    Steve Williams (vs) Crash Holly (vs) Jimmy Snuka (vs) Chris Kanyon (vs) Chris Candido (vs) Viscera (vs) El Gigante (vs) Randy Savage (vs) Roddy Piper (vs) Chyna (vs) Brad Armstrong (vs) Balls Mahoney (vs) Test (vs) John Kronus (vs) Hector Garza
    Winner: Randy Savage

Sounds like an awful much but I would hope it be as entertaining as WM 17 plus these are pretty much the only deceased wrestlers I have memories of and would pop to see at WrestleMania. Shit the winner would be whoever you prefer among the selected 15.

WWE Championship
    Tournament Finals Match
    Eddie Guerrero (vs) Umaga

Would like to see Umaga finally get his moment to bask in the glory but that WrestleMania 20 outro is forever engraved into my memories and this is the best excuse to have an Eddie and Chavo moment post match. As for the match itself, Eddie gets a literal ass kickin' from Umaga until the ref is knocked down from a collision with Umaga and Guerrero gives him a chairshot to the head and frogsplash for the slow 3 count victory

Quote Originally Posted by SirSam View Post
    It speaks very well to Roddy's versatility that he was in such prominent positions on both our cards. I also thought of putting Sammartino opposite Randy Savage in the main event but settled on Roddy because I can just see him getting under Bruno's skin more. I can also see Andre wanting to squash this annoying mosquito but struggling to do so and I love your pick against Dusty, another great contrast in attitudes.

That is an interesting list, can't say I disagree with any of it, I'd perhaps add Austin in as a commet that burned brighter, harder but shorter than anyone else ever.
    Oh my f'n God!!!

I only forgot Austin and Rock by mistake. I made the list and looked and said, it's missing some people, them you pointed out Austin! Austin and Rock are both suppose to be on there. LOL

And Piper, yeah, he could be put almost with anyone and you can just dream the feud. He's the best heel you can find, and could be put with basically everyone who's a face.
    Last edited by LWO4Life; 05-26-2018 at 04:10 PM.

Solid cards everyone! Chyna vs. Crash Holly got a chuckle from me. Yokozuna-Pillman is an interesting pairing. And I liked the Rocca-Pérez matchup against Bulldog-Hart from LWO4Life. Great to see them get a shout.

Twitter: @libsuperstar

1st half of card....

Owen Vs Pillman

Benoit (with Liz) vs Savage (with Woman.)

Ray Stevens vs Roddy Piper vs. Ivan Kolloff in a triple threat Russian dog collar match

Gorgeous George vs. Haystacks Couhoun... George will not want to touch that.

Eddie Guerrero vs Bruno. Bruno doesn't understand how he can lie, cheat, and steal and be a role model.

Bobby Heenan vs Guerrilla Monsoon in a weasel suit match

Warrior vs Conner the Crusher

Andre the Giant vs. Bruiser Brody

The Brain
    Andre vs. Bruno is probably my favorite that I've seen so far.

Heenan/Monsoon is actually something I'd have loved to see.

Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    Andre vs. Bruno is probably my favorite that I've seen so far.

Heenan/Monsoon is actually something I'd have loved to see.
    The ultimate blow off match