Welcome to LOP Forums! We hope that you will enjoy participating in all the conversation and other fun stuff going on around the board.

As you may or may not know, LOP Forums recently underwent a reset. During this reset we changed the look around a bit and switched to a new web host. In doing so, everyone who had been a member previously had to sign back up and all that.

Unfortunately, the reset also brought with it an army of spammers. Most of them are bots and are nothing to worry about (though I wouldn't advise going around clicking random links to free iPhones and whatnot should one slip through). To combat this, at least until they get bored and go away like they have in the past, a few changes to registration had to be made.

The main one is that all new users must be verified by the head administrator. That's me, Steve. What that means is that even when you sign up and click the link provided in your registration email, you will be unable to post for a brief period. It could be 5 minutes, could be a few hours. I'm doing my best to check the list and get people verified at least three times a day.

Rest assured that nothing has gone wrong with your registration and that you are not being singled out or punished. Unless you're a spammer, in which case I'm going to ban and delete you before you even become an actual member.

We thank you for your patience and understanding as it pertains to this matter.

NOTE: Given the volume of spammers we've seen as of late, a new user may occasionally get caught in the crossfire and accidentally deleted. If this has happened to you, please contact me so that I can resolve this issue. My email is steveatollah@gmail.com and I'm on Twitter @StevenFnBell. You can also get ahold of me by clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

ALSO PLEASE NOTE that the board is having some sort of issue with Yahoo Mail accounts. I've been all over the place trying to figure out a solution and there doesn't seem to be one. So if you're attempting to register with a Yahoo email address, you're not going to be able to register. You can always sign up for one of the numerous other free email accounts to join in the fun, though.

Again, welcome to LOP Forums! I look forward to seeing you around the board!

Thank You,
Steve