Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't know if I'm looking forward to the next year so much but will stick with a few episodes at least. Think it definitely has to get better though.

Not long now. But in other news this is something I cribbed from a story about the new Picard series, on Stewart's place in the writing room.

"The novelist-turned-screenwriter went on to explain the exact role Stewart had in the writing process. According to Chabon, Stewart showed up for a few weeks to brainstorm with the writers to get ideas flowing.

"That time with Patrick as a resource and as a very willing and literate resource, I think its going to make the show"

So yeah, sounds like they are using him and his experience on TNG as a way into the character.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    That's a really positive sign. I dare venture all these early signs are - they seem to be approaching the project with a real reverence for the material and no clear desire to just craft something poppy and post-modern for the sake of it.

Have gone back to the beginning with TNG. Well, I say the beginning - beginning of series 3, in line with my own recommendation elsewhere in the thread.

Watched the first two episodes, Evolution and The Ensigns of Command. The second is a great, great episode. The first shows signs of what the show will become. It feels a bit like the first two series at times, while at others it's a bit more stripped back and like what you get in most of series 4-7. Lots to like in it, though. A better Wesley episode which contains some important points in his overall narrative, and also some decent notes added to the relationship between Picard and Dr Crusher.

Yeah, generally speaking I thought it held up remarkably well considering it's almost thirty years old now.

To newer stuff: Discovery returns 3 weeks Friday (US) and Saturday (UK), so it's nearly here.

Has anyone seen any of this yet?

I haven't yet but am looking forward to it. Do we know if it's just in the States at the moment or is this in the UK as well yet?

Author of 101 WWE Matches To See Before You Die Samuel 'Plan's Avatar
    It's available here too Prime. I watched the first episode a few days back.

Without wanting to give anything away, it's pretty much more of what we were getting in the final few episodes of season one, in terms of the writing and production style.

Still haven't gotten around to it. Been re-watching TNG instead, haha. Carried on with seasson 3 above but also been dipping into season 1.

The first one has some better episodes than I remembered but for the most part it really is as I imagined it. But this third season... I tell you what, this gets to be really, really good much earlier than I thought. There are some seriously smart episodes in the first half of that third series - I don't know how well they age if you come to it new but it's amongst the most philosophically sophisticated popular TV I've ever seen, and that's right at the heart of its appeal. I'd completely forgotten the episode 'The Bonding', for example, but it's got the kind of musings in it that I'm used to only really hearing in a seminar room.

Needless to say going back to it, I just love it all the more, and am expanding my idea of it getting to be awesome even earlier.