Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    My first impression of the tournament was that there were a lot of hoss teams thrown into the mix. I dig that a lot. It's probably the main advantage that All Japan has over most Japanese promotions nowadays, although unfortunately that leaves them with a rather poor Junior Heavyweight division.

Valetta was decent enough during his last tour with All Japan so I think he'll do well enough. From what I read it seems he hasn't had a whole lot of experience outside of very small and obscure promotions, so this tournament will hopefully help him with that. Teaming with someone as experienced as Tajiri and facing a lot of different teams in the span of a month should be great for anyone in that position.

In some other interesting news, All Japan is partnering up with Pro Wrestling Revolution, an independent promotion based in San Jose, CA, to hold tryouts in March 2019. I don't know if this is something they've done in the past or something new they're trying out, but I'm curious what comes out of it, for sure.

The Brain
    For sure, all the AJPW juniors stuff I've seen in the past few years has been very unremarkable. Just not their strong suit, it seems.

A US partner, huh? Probably won't lead to more than a few extra gaijins in the promotion but that's not a bad thing either. Could be some cool discoveries.

Puerto Rican dude living in Japan Degenerate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mizfan View Post
    For sure, all the AJPW juniors stuff I've seen in the past few years has been very unremarkable. Just not their strong suit, it seems.
    Yep, this pretty much sums it up. Whenever All Japan has a Junior Heavyweight title match recently, I've given them a watch. But it's just not something that makes me want to seek out more. Not that they're bad by any stretch, but to me they don't do much to differentiate themselves from the heavyweights there. I'm not vouching for flips and crazy acrobatics all the time, but when they do the same as the rest of the roster it just makes them look like smaller rip-offs of their heavyweight counterparts. I just think that they need to help bolster that division, and if they don't care for it they should just cut the division out because it drags their shows a bit, in my opinion.

Speaking of that stuff, it was announced that Super Crazy will be part of the Lucha Fiesta shows that All Japan is putting together next month. I didn't even know he's still wrestling - his Wikipedia page only has info up to his NOAH run three years ago. That actually might be interesting to see, to be honest. They also announced a few other wrestlers from CMLL that will be making the tour (that I honestly don't know about because I don't follow Mexico's promotions at all):

- El Diamante
    - Sam Adonis
    - Ultimo Panda
    - Super Ciudadano

All Japan also announced a few of their 2019 Champion Carnival dates. The tournament will start on April 4 and run until April 29, and they'll have four Korakuen Hall shows during the tournament including the opening show and I believe the final three shows, which I'll take as a good sign that they're running so many shows there.