Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Cheers Rob.

The only thing I've been toing and froing on from the episode is Marty's cash in - I loved GotG because it wasn't MitB, so turning it into MitB is a bit disappointing. I thought the reasoning was going to be that he'd told Antonio that when he won he would cash in that night - so sticking with the week in advance thing. Kind of a shame to throw it on it's head now.

But at least it's gone in an interesting direction. As I say, as long as they keep Strong away from any title picture or important thing, I think they'll be OK.

Oh, and I can't remember if it was here or not that I had a discussion on it, but I do wish they'd calm down on the mask ripping stuff.

I really share 2 of your sentiments Oliver. I loved how the Dario character layed out GOTG. "I like to promote my matches." You probably like the idea of Lucha Underground separating itself from WWE. I agree with this, but I think someone taking advantage of a wounded man every year to win a prestigious title cheapens the idea of what it means to winning it.

Money in the bank works well as a one off...like Edge's win was good, but every year making a thing out of winning it that way takes away from the story of what it takes to be the best.

Marty's win worked if it's a one time thing, and makes sense with old man Cueto taking the bribe. However, if Antonio continues supporting these kinds of changes, I'll ressurect Dario myself.

I don't like that Pentegon lost the title...I'm not mad at the way it happened but there's still much they could do with their number 1 attraction before this happened. I just hope he and Marty have some long term legs.

The 2nd thing I agree with is, man, I hate Jake Strong in the temple.

The mask ripping is a good insult. Loved it with Mil and Fenix and even Penta and Cage was ok. I think it's done more than warranted; and maybe this past week was an example. But I think it was part of the sell given Pentegon the image of a wounded warrior that Marty look advantage of.

Also, mask ripping on Pentegon does unsettle me some. I think because he's got such a mystique about him...don't want to see his face. But it's not a deal breaker.
    Last edited by Benjamin Button; 3 Days Ago at 03:14 AM.

See I have no problem with the cash-in happening last night. One thing that has always ruled above anything else in the Temple is that Money Talks! From the opening of Season 1 when Johnny Mundo won the $10K, to it being used by him for his own advancement, it's ALWAYS been about the money. Another thing that is for sure is that the Cueto's do what they want, when they want, so Antonio doing it once doesn't mean he'll do it again. If Azteca gets the belt back, or whoever it is, if it doesn't benefit Cueto, or he doesn't like who wins it, then the immediate cash-in won't happen. Don't get too worked up about that being a thing now, because it's probably not, or it is, but whatever the case it will be to the benefit of the story and of course the Cueto family

Completely with Trips. It be one thing if Antonio just decided to scrap the rule on a whim. In reality the only reason he did it was because Marty paid him off; both things are classic heel moves and make perfect sense given their characters. Plus this isn't the first time it happened. Remember, Dario broke the rule himself with Pentagon at Ultima Lucha Tres (yes Pentagon came to him a week before, but Dario still didn't have time to promote the match and himself said he was breaking the rules when announcing it) and that wound up being a hell of a moment itself. I don't know if LU keeps this in place or not and either way I don't care; I only care if things make sense and tell a good story. To date that's what both moves did so I can't really complain.

The Brain
    Damn Oliver, don't share those spoilers in here!! Hoping that's just a rumor and not a fact...

Loved the episode, so many threads interconnecting. I have only two minor quibbles, the first being I do wish some of these matches were getting a little more time. This was a lot to fit in an hour, and while I loved how well it all flowed, I did think the matches were shortchanged a bit, particularly the triple threat match. Still really enjoyed it, but I think there's a next level to hit in ring with some of these bouts that is getting passed over.

The second is an agreement with others hoping that this GOTG switch is a one time only thing based on Marty's bribe, and not a permanent switch for the title. Loved it as a moment, hoping it stands alone.

I loved Pentagon but this was a great way to not only introduce more danger to Penta but actually put him on the backfoot in a meaningful way for the first time in a while. I do think he should and will get the title back directly but I want a real bloodbath on the way. Marty is as mad as ever but at Mariposa's urging he is now showing a new degree of cunning, and with a new ally at his side he's sure to be incredibly dangerous.

Seriously though, so many great layers to this. If I recall this is a 22 episode season and that was episode 15, so we only have a couple months left. I think the season is just getting better and better though, can't wait to see where it goes next!

From what I've read, the matches actually ARE longer, but have to get edited for TV. I too wish the Triple Threat had more time, but I have a feeling it went considerably longer live.

The Brain
    Damn, that's rather disappointing too. They certainly do a good job editing it, as I wouldn't have guessed off the top of my head! Maybe someday we'll get the director's cut.