Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    I think there is at least an argument to be made for Vampiro, as the fourth, along with Dario, Puma, and Penta I f course. I know Vampiro’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but he has meant quite a bit to the on-air product.

The Brain
    Can see an outside argument for Vampiro, who did by far his best career work as a character and a commentator and added a lot to the promotion, but I tend to agree Mil and Mundo are the clearer contenders for that 4th spot. I honestly can't choose between them though, so I say give the damn mountain five faces. Or four faces and the mountain itself is named Cueto, since he was the one who brought them all together!

I really appreciate the Vampiro shoutout. Impossible to believe Penta's career in LU would be what it was without the program with Vampiro. I can't quite put him over Mil, but I like him in the conversation. I think Konnan would likely have been Vampiro close in this conversation had he stayed. He did a lot for Puma and might have had some interesting stuff with Penta/Vampiro had he stayed.

The Brain
    If we look at season 1 only, Konnan is an awesome shout.

If we're talking overall top 10, you gotta throw in Fenix too. Got a special love for Marty the Moth too.

I fucking loved season 1 of Lucha Underground. Sigh.

Think that promotions like WWE and others like Impact don't take the right things from Lucha Underground.. its not really the fantastical story elements that people loved and wanted more, its the fact they had characters people could quickly invest in with easy story vignettes.. Yeah it got a little crazy but that first season, you can invest in almost every character and the matches built and paid that off in satisfying ways.
    Last edited by LK3185; 04-02-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Might be a US exclusive thing (I think their platform has been hit by the GDPR in the EU) but you can now watch all four seasons of Lucha Underground for free on Tubi TV.

I miss it so. I want that closing film/mini-series/whatever to build on the end of season 4, because there was certainly more scope for it to develop.

Yup. Quite a territory was Lucha Underground. For the life of me I don't understand their desire to trap talent into those contracts. They didn't need that. The talent felt different on their show than anywhere else, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Button View Post
    Yup. Quite a territory was Lucha Underground. For the life of me I don't understand their desire to trap talent into those contracts.
    How much time do you have? I can literally write a novel on this topic.

Yeah, but would it be a good novel?

Can't be worse than my last one; In the Dirt: A Sydney Steele Adventure. If it had been adapted into a movie it would've went straight to DVD just like Triple H's.

I'd read the shit out of that, Cult.

I'd also then turn it into a movie with Ryan Reynolds in the role of Sydney Steele.

Oh, the LU thing would be good, too, I guess

Having mentioned it in the AEW thread, I'm finally going to do it - I'm starting LU again from the beginning.

Anyway, as Cult said - what would people want/hope for were LU to come back for season 5, or at least any form of follow up?

The Brain
    I would accept just about any continuation of Lucha Underground, as long it involved Dario Cueto.

Well, he is alive, at least!

I always assumed we were heading to a situation where Dario turned good and sided with Aerostar (and others) to combat The Order.

The Brain
    I can definitely see that, they did kill him once after all! Always envisioned the series finale as a 7 vs. 7 cibernetico match that spans the length of a 2 hour episode.

I admit I have come up with a rough idea of how a season five would go if I was doing it. The basic gist would be it takes place several years after season four. The Order, led by Antonio Cueto, would be holding underground shows in a new Temple, with Jake Strong running rough shot for the most part. The main heroes would be separated; Pentagon has disappeared, a still feral Fenix is kept locked away by Melissa Santos (who is still searching for a way to bring back "the old Fenix"), Son of Havoc has gone back to his biker gang and patrols the open road, Ivelisse is working as a bad ass bouncer, Johnny Mundo has buried himself in Hollywood to forget about Taya and Aero Star, Drago and Dario would be in hiding. The season would revolve around Dario, Aero Star, Drago and a returning Konnan (who Aero Star would've saved) bringing together as many of the Aztec Tribes as possible to combat The Order and Pentagon returning to get revenge on Hexagon Black for costing him the title. Other stories would include Ivelisse and Son of Havoc journeying to the island of the dolls to bring Angelico back to life, Melissa's search for a cure for Fenix, Johnny Mundo trying to save Taya, The Moth Family tearing itself apart from within, Dante Fox forming a Covert Ops unit called The Rascalz Squad (featuring Privates Miguel, X and Wentz, along with General Austin) to infiltrate the new Temple and the expansion of the Eagle, Deer and Death Tribes. It would culminate with Dario returning to lead a team against The Order at Ultima Lucha V, with Aero Star defeating Lord Barrett to save the Temple.

See, why is this not being made?!? I want it.

I'd...not forgotten, exactly, but it had left my mind that Hexagon Black turned up at Ultima Lucha IV.

Did they ever finalise what the seven ahn-shee-ent tribes were? I seem to remember there being some confirmed and some not.

Reptile, Rabbit, Jaguar, Eagle, Moth were all very apparent in Kobra Moon, Killer Kross, Prince Puma, Dragon Azteca (I think), and Marty.

I think there was a thought that there was a deer tribe, possibly from King Cuerno, and then a death tribe - which would be Muertes.

There was a Deer Tribe and a Death Tribe. I was pretty much going to expand every tribe in my version. The Moth Tribe would've added Eli Everfly (a So Cal high flyer with a bug gimmick) and Byrne (mizfan's buddy Kevin Condron, who'd play a pyromaniac, aka a "firefly") and you would've had a situation where Mariposa and Byrne betray Marty for good and he, Everfly and Reklusa would seek revenge. Mr. Iguana, a luchador who just joined AAA, would join the Snake Tribe after Jeremiah Crane was "cured". Crane would then rejoin the Death Tribe, which would include AAA star Averno, Luchasaurus (recast as the demonic Infierno) and Lady Maravilla (as "The Marvel of Death") and would see them both seek to resurrect Catrina and convince Mil Muertes to join. The Deer Tribe would be Cuerno leading a group of Hunters; Asesnio (Arez), Keyra and Tauro Negro (Taurus). The Eagle and Jaguar Tribes would basically be direct allies, but you'd have El Dragon Azteca Jr. as the main Eagle Tribe guy with Halcon Azteca (Myzteziz Jr.) and Laredo Kid as his allies, while the Jaguar Tribe would featuring a returning Bengala (Ricky Marvin edition) and Night Claw (Flamita) pairing up with La Felina (Lady Shani) and a Prince Puma Jr. (Hijo del Vikingo). Konnan and Rey Mysterio would be allies/mentors for both tribes (yes, Rey is alive; the opening scene would be him found alive in the old Temple) and Adrian Quest would play a street youth passed over for the Prince Puma Jr. role who'd seek revenge (the basic idea was Rey and Konnan would tour Boyle Heights, come across a fight and pick Vikingo over Quest). As I also said earlier, I came up with this idea for Dante Fox to lead a military operation, where he'd be in charge of a squadron that consisted of The Rascalz, probably a female soldier (I'd go with Maria Manic for the choice now off the top of my head) and The Hearshot Kid (Douglas James) a sniper. At the end of the season The Hearshot Kid would be revealed to be a former member of the Deer Tribe, to create conflict for a season six.

It was basically stuff like that I came up with. Just haven't gotten around to fleshing it out into a forty episode season yet, besides the fact that I know it ends with Dario retaking the Temple from The Order and Pentagon defeating Hexagon Dark to reclaim the title.