Thread: Drew McIntyre

Drew McIntyre

The thread to discuss al things related to Drew McIntyre.

So. Drew has been back on the main main roster for a few months and he has impressed me, and quite a few others. I know that hi will eventually be inline for a major push and a title run. However, I think there is a great built in story to be told with Drew.

The WWE can re-issue the “chosen one” moniker to Drew and have him feud with Roman Reigns. All Drew has to do is attack Reigns and then cut a promo saying that “he was the chosen one lone before you ever were in the WWE!, And when I left, they gave that slot to you? And what have you done? Nothing. Well I am back, and as you can see, I am the true chosen one of the WWE.”

I think the story writes itself. But the twist is that Drew actually comes out on top of this feud, and is the chosen one, and goes onto to eventually win the Universal Title in 2019. Why 2019, well:

1. First the WWE needs to have Strowman take the title off Lesnar at SummerSlam
    2 Drew needs to feud with Roman over the summer and build up his main event push by defeating Reigns at SummerSlam
    3. Drew needs to have another main event level feud after SummerSlam...maybe against Rollins or Even Cena?
    4. Have Drew win the EC to give him the title shot at Mania (why not win the Rumble? Be I think. That it is Daniel Bryan’s Rumble to finally win to challenge the Miz at Mania when the Miz wins the title from AJ either at Survivor Series or NOC, then he successfully defends at the Rumble)

Regardless, I think that a Drew vs Roman feud should be where the WE Should go in the near future.

The Brain
    Never got the hype with this guy. I was happy when he went back to NXT so he'd stop taking up so many indy main event slots, but then he went and underwhelmingly ended Roode's great title reign there. A tag team with Ziggler isn't the worst thing for him, I suppose, but I can't say it's something I'll go out of my way to see.

I got to see Drew one time, and it was at that Seattle PPV (Over the limit 2011) where he and Bryan were the dark match. The man, in that match, showed more charisma than he ever did in that run. I really think people sleep on the fact of how young he was when he first debuted.

Look at it this way, he debuted on WWE TV 10+ years ago. First TV match where he won was in October of 2007... he was 22.

“Stoop to your own level. Your nature. Trust yourself. And most importantly... You have to learn what laws are really laws and not… Oppression."

Yeah, but everything I saw him do in Impact and NXT was pretty dull and he's a lot older then....

I just think he'd have drawn me in by now if he was going to....

The Brain
    My feeling as well. My favorite part of his career is still 3MB.

Not alot of drew mac fans here lol but count me in as one of them. I enjoyed his indy run from what i saw and I think he's a fresh guy they could get use out of as an upper midcard singles role. If anything, i think his pairing with Dolph can hurt him.

So far I like what I have seen on the main roster. I want him to dump Ziggler and get a singles push.

I never realized how big the guy is.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder
    So far I like what I have seen on the main roster. I want him to dump Ziggler and get a singles push.

I never realized how big the guy is.
    It's likely coming at some point since Vince is reportedly high on him.

Twitter: @libsuperstar

He certainly still has 'the look'.

I feel like he could have a really interesting program with Reigns. In a parallel universe he never met that Diva that sent him off the rails and he IS Reigns: the big, good looking guy that Vince put his full creative weight behind but McIntyre never got the chance. He could have a motivation to come back to claim what is rightfully his and obviously Reigns would not want to cede His Yard.

I also think like they could have a pretty competitive series of matches to go with the story in a similar vein to Reigns work with Braun last year, hard hitting and letting thier action do most of the talking in the feud.

Interesting on paper, though how it'd play out in front of actual crowds could be a different matter.

Though I guess there is something quite interesting in the idea that the whole Roman Reigns thing could actually be what Vince needed to get Drew McIntyre where he wanted him to be all along. I think they call that playing the long game!

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

That was my original post of the thread

Yeah I was pretty much agreeing with what you were saying at the start. I actually put it in a column a little while ago too, they are two very interesting parallel lines.

I do wonder how it would play out in front of the crowds, if McIntyre shows he has learnt from his past entitlement then he would obviously be a good guy but if he shows he hasn't he would still be an entitled arsehole, the same guy the crowd thinks Reigns is. I'm all for well written heel v heel stories but I do agree with Prime Time that it could play out weirdly in front of a live crowd.

However I feel like given how the crowd feel about Reigns his best position is to get other guys over, it worked so well with Strowman last year, the year before helped AJ and I guess now they are trying to use that with Jinder. Point is though if they wanted to make something out of McIntyre they could do a lot worse than putting him opposite Reigns.

I haven't seen much of this run for Drew but saw an opinion piece about how he should be the one to face Brock at Summerslam. Which was... interesting. And it made me want to ask how he's been getting on?

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."